PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-30, 11:01:37
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Daily rants and moans  (Read 32013 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1uZEqI2dSU
[youtube]T1uZEqI2dSU[/youtube]

There are two 3 phase alternators, one for generator, second for motor, the magnetizing current goes over step down transformer for current amplification (comment: and phase angle delay)  and the right angles must follow for rotors positions where impulse is transferred on peak voltage from generator to motor coils..

Anyone fancy to try this out?
« Last Edit: 2015-03-13, 10:19:27 by T-1000 »

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
author=PhysicsProf link=topic=2809.msg47121#msg47121 date=1426215957]

I was thinking today about small motors, how the run times are getting longer and longer -- and smaller test devices in general.

Very true as a matter of fact I have some tiny motors that have been running for years on a tiny hearing aid battery. Would anyone like to see them?

There was a comment against continuing to study such small devices, but I would disagree - if this is a path that a researcher is pursuing and enjoying and learning as he/she goes, I would encourage continued effort.  My reasoning is that it might be possible to achieve a widely-replicated self-runner with a small device sooner than with larger devices.

It was I that made a comment, but I never said anyone should not study such devices, it was just not on my list of things that I think are worthy of pursuit  and, I also added that it is only my opinion, and not meant to discourage anyone from research in that direction. So, considering context, is your disagreement because you think I should be doing this type of research?

What I said was: At the bottom of my list or don't want to waste any more of my time.

This is what I wrote in post 19 at the bottom of my list:

"Disclaimer: This is just a crude list and is only my opinion, Not meant to discourage others from working in these areas if they see a benefit".

A small self-runner is worthy then of efforts to understand the energy source and might well be capable of scaling up to higher power regimes.  Further, a small "toy-like" device might be well suited for widespread replication and testing.

If it existed, this would be true, but who has one of these? Cart before the horse here, you can't understand or scale up what you don't have.

I also have many times in the past also stated that small models can be very effective at lowering the cost of a "proof of concept"

I understand your interest, and by all means carry on if it interests you, just not my cup of tea.

Regards,
ION

« Last Edit: 2015-03-13, 22:38:43 by ION »

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Guest
Hey Mike I forgot to offer a solution.

Lawyers don't work because their as criminal as the people we wish to hold responsible for their action however I have found something which does work.

I use a simple method, I consult with a many businesses on the side and they/we do not fear you in the least they fear exposure which relates to their bottom line, fear is a primary motivator. Once we understand the psychology the solution is easy and I say--- look this is BS and I have been working with computers since they were invented... So I am well within my rights to blog the shit out of what happened here and make it go Viral. The share holders will be pissed, who will shit on the managers who will contact you and fire your ass for not dealing with this as you should have in the first place. So I don't care, you make the call but this is going my way one way or another...do you understand?.

It is a cheap alternative, contact the major media with details, hit some forums and write some blogs, It has never actually come to that because after my little talk they always comply 100% of the time because they know I mean what I say. I have no problem exposing their stupidity to the world it's just that it has never had to go that far. They always comply because it's all about power and money, consideration generally never comes into play in business.

AC

I agree AC. I use a similar method and with the exception of the medical system it has almost always worked for me. It also helps to check your local laws and if it is legal record all conversations with complaints departments ect. covertly if possible. I do it all the time. And the mere mentioning that I have a recording of a particular conversation often gets people very anxious or angry, they usually try to tell me recording them without their knowledge is illegal, so then I must explain to them why it isn't in a particular situation. Our only laws concerning the recording of conversations is covered under the telecommunications act. and it is not legal to record phone calls here without telling the other parties, however if I use a device that is not a telecommunications device (ie. not a phone) then it is perfectly legal to record any open conversation I like between me and other people, I have no desire or need to record anything but conversations between myself and other people face to face. Which is why I like to go see the people face to face. In some places it is ok to record any phone conversation as well, in other places consent is needed.

Often when threaten to complain further up about something and mention that I have a recording to back up my assertions the matter gets sorted and no one seems to want to even hear the recordings or confirm their existence.

When dealing with public servants I remind them that they actually work for all taxpayers, even the prime minister is a public servant and is employed by the taxpayers, most people tend to forget that and take the mindset that most public servants have much more authority over us than they actually do, and in fact ultimately all public servants are employed by the taxpayers. In a way even a private employee is usually actually employed by the customers. It gets to the point where a lot of public servants feel powerful because no one stands up to them. Needless to say these public servants who try to wield false or fake powers get maximum resistance from me.

As for taking the utilities off the house and using whatever else to run the home we must remember then that we are then liable for any damages resulting from any mishaps to do with said power plant ect. if a visitor is electrocuted by your free energy machine wired up to your house you could end up in jail.

Things must meet "code".

Group: Moderator

@Farmhand
When dealing with public servants I remind them that they actually work for all taxpayers, even the prime minister is a public servant and is employed by the taxpayers, most people tend to forget that and take the mindset that most public servants have much more authority over us than they actually do, and in fact ultimately all public servants are employed by the taxpayers. In a way even a private employee is usually actually employed by the customers. It gets to the point where a lot of public servants feel powerful because no one stands up to them. Needless to say these public servants who try to wield false or fake powers get maximum resistance from me.

It is strange that so many people tend to worship politicians or leaders as if they were more than just another person doing a job and I have never suffered from such delusions. It is no wonder so many politicians are narcissistic if not psychotic due to the fact everyone starts acting like babbling fools in their presence. Personally I have met with some fairly powerful and influential people and always found them to be quite ordinary and I treated them with the same respect as any other person.

What is even more strange is that some people have accused me of having a problem with authority however I see it as just the opposite. I have no problem with authority because I understand they are simply people doing a job as they see fit however I do have a problem with spineless fearful people doing everything someone else says without question. I think these people should have their head examined because when they worship authority without question they empower them to think they can do whatever they want which always leads to big problems down the road.

I see it as mutual respect and if they will not show me the same respect I show them then we have a problem and I'm going to let them know how I feel... it's pretty damn simple in my opinion.

As for taking the utilities off the house and using whatever else to run the home we must remember then that we are then liable for any damages resulting from any mishaps to do with said power plant ect. if a visitor is electrocuted by your free energy machine wired up to your house you could end up in jail.

Here in Canada it's a little different and I used to know all the residential/commercial inspectors by name. We may install anything we want so long as all the right permits are approved and the system is inspected at which point liability falls on the municipality who made the inspections. In fact one inspector said he was being sued on an almost weekly basis for approving things which had problems down the road or for not approving things which did not meet code requirements... tough job. Basically I can install any alternative energy system I choose so long as the connection ie inverter system to my house/grid is UL/CSA approved and everything meets code requirements. So they really do not care whether the energy system is a genset, a solar panel array or a big metal black box siting on a concrete pad behind my garage. When the inspectors slap that sticker on my breaker panel they are saying the system is approved and meets code requirements and they assume liability by approving it.

Again we see this theme of mutual consideration and no authority can say I have inspected this system and deemed it to be safe and meeting code requirements however "I assume no responsibility for my decision", because that would be irresponsible.  In any case if I did install a system without approval of course I would assume liability as any responsible adult should. Which begs the question, why is everyone so afraid to assume responsibility for their actions?. I do electrical work on an almost daily basis on the farm and I have no problem with it because I know it's safe and I always exceed code requirements. I don't need their approval to know it is 100% safe and reliable and in many instances I have  GFI breakers followed by a GFI outlets if I think there is any chance of water being in the area, I exceed their expectations because I can.

AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

I started gutting the final bathroom in our house, number 3, a few days ago and started doing the electrical work. I had to move the GFI and separated the vanity and bath fan/light switches and move the fan/light circuit when it occurred to me. I bet some EE's got shit-faced one night and decided hey just to screw everyone up let's use three different screw sizes in each box. Yea!, a #2 Robertson for the box ground lugs and clamps, a #1 Robertson for the switch/outlet screws and a Philips for that god damn ground screw located in the worst position possible. I mean if I was designing an electrical system and my engineers showed me this fiasco I would fire them on the spot, no questions, no reply needed just go clean out your locker dude.

That's my rant for the day

AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
author=PhysicsProf link=topic=2809.msg47121#msg47121 date=1426215957]

Very true as a matter of fact I have some tiny motors that have been running for years on a tiny hearing aid battery. Would anyone like to see them?

Regards,
ION

I know i would love to see them ION.

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I know i would love to see them ION.

Sorry Tinman, I was just being facetious. Actually, we all have very precision designed pulse motors in our homes that run for very long times on miniscule power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_clock.

The drive coil one second pulse can be picked up on most types with an external coil and used as a precision drive / marker / trigger pulse for other events or circuits.

Kind regards
ION

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Yep, my old Seiko chronograph watch runs for about 2 years on a battery change (one #371 battery), and that's with occasional use as stopwatch, swinging that big second hand around in 1/5 second increments, as well as constantly driving its tiny regular second hand at 1-sec pulses.

@Matt

I'll see your rant and raise you with mine...

Ok I fold, I think you got me.

AC

In Australia I am fairly certain that all residential and commercial electrical work must be performed by a ticketed electrician, eg. with the appropriate qualifications and tickets to prove it. Owner builders can do their own work as long as they are qualified and ticketed, I'm fairly sure owner builders have their work inspected, but an electrician can come here and do work with no further checks, then the liability is his. On new buildings this may be different.

The resident refrigeration mechanic does most of the electrical work here, with no inspections, the work is safe but he only knows rules and procedures, he is not so knowing of the reasons why for some things, he only knows what he is told and he is not keeping up to date.

We got an electrical contractor in to rewire and add switches (to plug the gen into the house via the appropriate method). While he was here he added a wire from the generator neutral to the the generator ground for the existing "on gen outlets", then he came back after a electrical safety meeting and removed it because when connected to the house the house Earth and RCD / GFI take care of the issue.

On the generator when it is free standing and not connected to anything the ground on the outlets is open circuit to the neutral. There is a ground strap from the gen head to the frame. I guess in case of fault, but the generator sits on plastic wheels and rubber feet, so a fault that made the frame live would still be dangerous, when the generator is used away from the house. Basically it is a floating supply when not connected to the house I think.

Anyway the RCD/GFI on our house works, I tested it. I'm not sure if inline RCD would protect anyone when connected to the gen output, Haven't thought too much about it yet.

Cheers.

Group: Professor

We have a neighbor whose lights dim when the furnace/blower goes on, or when the refrigerator turns on. 
Does anyone know what can cause this?   Seems to me there is a poor connection somewhere... but how to find it?

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
possible the fridge and boiler are connected to the lower power light circuit.

Regards

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Ambassador

Physics Prof
having the fridge [kitchen] and the furnace on the same circuit does jump out as unusual [NOT GOOD design]

I suggest you take an infrared thermometer down to the open panel and start looking for hot spots.[bad connections]
or warm wires.
these will happen overtime in situations where the circuits are not properly designed in the panel box.
also check the Volts in the house  [Killowatt meter will do ]

Or they could have issues with the service from the pole .
they would definitely get somebody there from the power company if they filed a complaint and of course a good electrician
will make quick sense of this problem.

@Physivdprof
We have a neighbor whose lights dim when the furnace/blower goes on, or when the refrigerator turns on. 
Does anyone know what can cause this?   Seems to me there is a poor connection somewhere... but how to find it?

This is common in older homes where major appliances were connected into lighting circuits. The high current draw from motors on start up drags the circuit voltage down and the lights dim. Here all appliances ie. furnace, fridge, stove, dryer require dedicated circuits from the panel to prevent this kind of thing. I wired the last three houses I built from the meter base on and it is quite a job. I like doing everything myself and I wired all the circuits in each room into a single circuit to the breaker because many electricians mix circuits from one room to another which I find annoying. I also tagged every single conductor in every box so I know where it came from and where it's going. Doing it right the first time can save a lot of grief down the road when things need to be changed.

AC

Buy me a beer
Installing ring mains for power outlets ensures a good 30amp circuit, as in British wiring, don't know how they do it in the USA. In Britain only the cooker and water heater are on a separate circuit, then the lighting circuit and then the ring main, depending on the size of the house the ring main maybe split into two, upstairs and down stairs.

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Hey Mike
Installing ring mains for power outlets ensures a good 30amp circuit, as in British wiring, don't know how they do it in the USA. In Britain only the cooker and water heater are on a separate circuit, then the lighting circuit and then the ring main, depending on the size of the house the ring main maybe split into two, upstairs and down stairs.

That's an interesting way of doing it, here it starts with a 15 amp breaker, 14/2 conductor with a third bare ground wire to a max of 12 fixtures (lights-outlets) the ground conductor bonded to each box and outlet. All appliances require a dedicated 15A breaker and 14/2 conductor and major appliances such as oven 40A and clothes dryer 30A must also be dedicated circuits with no other fixtures.

Nobody here uses electric water heaters because natural gas is much cheaper and in my next house I want to install a hot water boiler/ domestic hot water heat exchanger setup which I think is the way to go. We have 40 or so high efficiency variable rate condensing hot water boilers at work and there nice little units. They will just sit there purring away at 10% rate all day without missing a beat and we have had no real issues with them to date.

AC

Buy me a beer
Hey Mike
That's an interesting way of doing it, here it starts with a 15 amp breaker, 14/2 conductor with a third bare ground wire to a max of 12 fixtures (lights-outlets) the ground conductor bonded to each box and outlet. All appliances require a dedicated 15A breaker and 14/2 conductor and major appliances such as oven 40A and clothes dryer 30A must also be dedicated circuits with no other fixtures.

Nobody here uses electric water heaters because natural gas is much cheaper and in my next house I want to install a hot water boiler/ domestic hot water heat exchanger setup which I think is the way to go. We have 40 or so high efficiency variable rate condensing hot water boilers at work and there nice little units. They will just sit there purring away at 10% rate all day without missing a beat and we have had no real issues with them to date.

AC

Not only interesting, but the best way, on that ring you can plug in at any socket up to a total of 30amps, each plug will be fused at it's appropriate appliance rating up to 13amps (3kw), the ring will take 7kw using only a 2.5mm phase and neutral (1.5mm earth) going from socket to socket and back to the breaker at the end of the ring, so effectively a 5mm cable, also cuts the long run resistance down to maintain the voltage.

In the UK most supplies are 60amps @ 240v single phase to houses, few have 3 phase. Normally no earth entry to the house, they use PME and or earth rod into the ground, earth leakage trips of 60ma at the incoming 60amp supply.

Seems it's one thing you didn't pinch from us ;D ;D ;D
regards

Mike 8)

@Mike
Seems it's one thing you didn't pinch from us Grin

Apparently, lol, and the more I think about it the more I like it. Ring the house with outlets then run secondary legs into the interior walls where needed then just pull up to a switch and hit the lights. Here we like a rats nets of conductor randomly dispersed throughout the house with no real rhyme or reason to it.

On a side note my Tesla coil has been wreaking havoc with my GFI's in the garage so I ran a #6 conductor Earth ground from outside to a terminal on my bench. Big difference and she's got way more kick and I just noticed my RC plane hanging from the ceiling is only 4 feet from it....Doh. I might have to check the electronics before I take it up again, damn I can't believe I missed that.

AC

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Can someone download this and post it here?

http://vixra.org/abs/1112.0050

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Hi G
No problem, here it is

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Thanks much!

Buy me a beer
Hi all

I woke up this morning and found that my hard disc has been totally whipped clean, I am on my tablet at the moment while I fo4rmat and re install.

I have lost a lot of work as I have not made a cop6 for some time.

What I can't understand is how it was done when my computer was off overnight, apart from external startup via the modem.

When I went to startup this morning, it would not, but showed that my disc had 159gbits. Of free space, the disc is 160gb (empty). I was using about 78gb. Last night.

Urg

Regards

Mike

Everyman decries immorality
Hi all

I woke up this morning and found that my hard disc has been totally whipped clean.

It might be just a failure and not necessarily foul play at work.

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Hi all

What I can't understand is how it was done when my computer was off overnight, apart from external startup via the modem.

Urg

Regards

Mike

Dear Mike.

When you say " off " just switched off or unplugged ?

I literally isolate my PC by unplugging it every night, Oh and that includes an even more insidious piece of kit......... the X Box one, that B***DY  thing has eyes and ears as well !!   :D

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Everyman decries immorality
I literally isolate my PC by unplugging it every night.

Cheers Grum.

I do not take any precautions at all, I assume that my every action is monitored at all times and all external (from my mind) information is stored for profiling and assessment.

All information I consider important is stored in my brain and accessed when needed by my mind for model building.

Sometimes that means information exchange and manifests as drawings and technical descriptions for your study and replication.

A work archive such as Mike has lost can be looked upon as a blessing, time to reboot!  O0

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-30, 11:01:37