PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 00:34:44
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ICCF-23 LENR/Alt-Energy International Conference in June: FREE registration!  (Read 2104 times)
Group: Professor

I'm inviting all interested to join me in the ICCF-23 conference, to be held via Zoom or equivalent in June 2021.  Perhaps we can then build something together - to test the latest ideas!  That is my hope - and I hope you will join in.

Registration for the annual conference is usually around $400 -- but FREE this year! and on-line.

Here's the announcement (I have already registered -see link below, end of text):

ICCF-23 Call for Papers

The 23rd International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (ICCF-23) will be held during June 9-11 2021, in Xiamen, China. The Conference will be conducted virtually due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation. The president of ICCF-23, Zhong-Qun Tian, an academician and a representative of the Organization Committee, wishes all who will attend this grand scientific event a warm welcome.

Over the years, many researchers have made unremitting exploration in Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (CMNS). ICCF has a long history and continues to be a place where information is shared by leading researchers working in a wide variety of scientific areas with a common interest in CMNS. Therefore, holding the ICCF-23 conference will play an indescribably important role in understanding the latest international progress of research in CMNS. The success of the conference will depend on you sharing your great ideas, visions and research results with all the participants. Prospective authors are encouraged to contribute high-quality papers to this conference. For more details of ICCF-23, and the host Xiamen University, please visit: http://ikkem.com/iccf-23.php

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

Heat Production
Transmutations
Radiation and Other Measurements
Electrochemical Experiments
Plasma Experiments
Hot Gas Experiments
Beam Experiments
Instrumentation
Material Studies
Theoretical and Computational Studies
Modeling and Simulation
Approaches to Replication
Applications
Important Dates

Abstract Submission Deadline:   April 24, 2021  Abstract submission Deadline extended to May 1, 2021

Notification of Acceptance:  Before May 7, 2021

ICCF-23 online:   June 9-11, 2021

Registration Free

Attendance is free of charge, however registration is required. Please visit

http://ikkem.com/member.php?c=reg

for registration. Registered participant will receive an email on how to access the online conference, no later than June 8, 2021.

Here are just a few of the speakers at the "on-line" conference.  Perhaps you know some of these scientists/engineers, as I do:

Poor quality thumbnail image, can't identify the speakers.

Smudge

Thanks for calling that to my attention, smudge - and now my internet is down so I can't use my main computer ATM.  Will get that fixed as soon as I get wifi back on my main computer.
Note that that information and MORE is available now to you, just click on the link in my Opening Post.
Edit, here:   For more details of ICCF-23, please visit: http://ikkem.com/iccf-23.php

OK, things are coming back!  So here are some of the invited speakers - have you heard of any of them?   Parkhomov was discussed here in previous years.  Also Akito Takahashi IIRC.

Group: Experimentalist

I wonder why, since Pons and Fleishman in 1989, after 23 conferences, and with so many real scientists working on cold fusion, we still don't have practical, easily reproducible, working devices.
Transmutation phenomena or abnormal bursts of heat are regularly claimed in many experiments, and yet nothing concrete really comes out, not even a solid theory. I find this very strange.

---------------------------
"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

I wonder why, since Pons and Fleishman in 1989, after 23 conferences, and with so many real scientists working on cold fusion, we still don't have practical, easily reproducible, working devices.
Transmutation phenomena or abnormal bursts of heat are regularly claimed in many experiments, and yet nothing concrete really comes out, not even a solid theory. I find this very strange.

Indeed, seems strange.  I agree.
   Here's what I see:  real scientists such as Akito Takahashi now finding anomalous heat while using HYDROGEN and various metals - NOT DEUTERIUM and palladium which P &F originally used.  Indeed, in p/F type experiments over the last THIRTY-TWO years (since the famous/infamous announcement in March 1989), HYDROGEN and light water were the CONTROLS.

The problem - as I see these scientists scramble --  is that now H2 and H2O are producing anomalous heat, and this CONTRADICTS P/F for whom H2 and H2O were the controls.  And palladium is certainly not needed, nor is electrolysis needed for these effects.
    So - is this "cold fusion"?   No, certainly not d-d fusion claimed by P/F. 

So we have:
1 - anomalous results with H2 and H20, previously claimed to be "controls"
2 - various metals and methods of loading the H into metals producing anomalous heat (not just electrolysis with heavy water and palladium per P/F)
and finally -
3 - many scientist who bristle that Pons and F might well have been actually wrong (they don't want you to say that!!), while the continued research has led to some possibly interesting results with H which they did not expect.  Here I include Ed Storms and Mike McKubre - very influential in this community.

Enough for now.  I think this year's conference may finally get around the "log-jam" as younger scientists join.

Group: Experimentalist

Thank you for this clarification, PhysicsProf.
Are we sure that the effects obtained are anomalous? Couldn't we consider that the effects are purely classical and only due to the hydrogen loaded in the metals, effects that we would think abnormal simply because we don't know very well neither the quantity nor the way hydrogen is released whereas we think we know them?
This could thus remain something interesting but not revolutionary.

---------------------------
"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Thank you for this clarification, PhysicsProf.
Are we sure that the effects obtained are anomalous? Couldn't we consider that the effects are purely classical and only due to the hydrogen loaded in the metals, effects that we would think abnormal simply because we don't know very well neither the quantity nor the way hydrogen is released whereas we think we know them?
This could thus remain something interesting but not revolutionary.

Good questions - which I hope will be addressed at the upcoming conference.  (I will take notes and watch for an answer.)

So the ICCF-23 Conference has begun - at 8:30pm ET tonight.

I listened to all the talks this evening, about a dozen reports, and the organizers say these are being recorded.  Some were pre-recorded in fact.  When I find out where the vids are available, I'll let you know - hopefully to the public.

The most interesting talks to me are those that speak of Experiments which are Repeatable.  Two research talks stand out:

1 - Frank Gordon and his LEC.  (This approach is quite new to me - hoping to learn much more about it.)

2 - George Miley and his gas loading followed by gas-desorption.  Very nice.

Both of these see anomalous effects when using either H2 or D2.
  That is not a surprise to me, but may be to some.  To emphasize:  H2/H2O is no longer a control as it was in the earlier F/P experiments, also in the Jones/Palmer experiments  (papers by the two distincti groups were published at nearly the same time, in early 1989).

Links are above - I think you can still join in the fun.

If anyone knows about the LEC device, pls share info here - thanks.

--Steve

PS - at least 3 of the speakers presented strong evidence for anomalous results, Gordon, Miley and Hubler.
   McKubre did his usual pitch for replications, replications, replications - which is indeed what's needed in this field!

Group: Ambassador

Thanks, Chet!   O0   Nice video.

The best so far from the conference, IMHO:  http://ikkem.com/iccf23/MP4/1b-PL3.mp4

Pls let me know if you can see this...  Its the talk by Iwamura earlier today, at the ICCF23 conference.

Group: Ambassador

Yes
Very cool

thanks 👍

Yamada, also interesting.  Ni cathode, light water + Li2SO4 - makes sense!
yamadahi@iwate-u.ac.jp

Wow - excellent talk by Prof. Czerski of Poland:  http://ikkem.com/iccf23/MP4/1b-IN5.mp4

At about the 16m mark, Czerski mentions that he agrees with the experimental results of Jones et al, as he has also said in the past.  Kind of him to reference our work!
The much lower fusion rate predicted by theorist Steven Koonin is also shown - this does not include the effects of electron screening and resonance (neglected by Koonin).
The much higher d-d fusion rate (7 orders of magnitude above the Jones result) claimed by F-P is also shown on the graph - but their result does NOT show neutron production from the d-d fusion reaction as our results do.

The chairman for the ICCF-23 Conference provided a summary, in which he stated:

"“Excess Heat” —— The Ideality of Cold Fusion
Xingye Wang1
, Bingjun Shen2
, Lihong Jin2
, Xinle Zhao2
, # Jian Tian1
1 Institute of Space Optoelectronic Technology, CUST, China
2 School of Life Science and Technology, CUST, China
E-mail: tianjian@cust.edu.cn
In 1989, Fleischmann and Pons [1] announced that they found “excess heat” power four
times more than the input in D-Pd electrolysis system. In 1991, Mizuno [2] got about 100 MJ
“excess heat” also in D-Pd electrolysis system. In 1999, Tian [3] once observed 25W “heat
after death” power in H-Pd gas-loading system. Because Tian saw the real “excess heat” with
his own eyes, he did a lot of experiments to study this anomalous phenomenon. In 2003, Tian
[4] found “excess heat” in electrolysis of Pt/K2CO3/Ni light water system, observed “excess
heat” in a D/Pd gas-loading system triggered by 532 nm laser in 2007[5], and calculated
nearly 100 W “excess heat” power in 2011[6]. The last one lasted for more than 40 days after
Rossi [7] claimed that he would manufacture a megawatt-class energy catalyser (E-cat). Up to
now none of us have seen any commercial apparatus coming out. Even few scientific papers
appeared in mainstream academic journals. No need to say the confirmable “excess heat” that
anyone else could replicate.

Is there really “excess heat” in the world?"
UNQUOTE

Note that Prof. Tian observed xs heat in a HYDROGEN gas loaded system:  "In 1999, Tian [3] once observed 25W “heat
after death” power in H-Pd gas-loading system. Because Tian saw the real “excess heat” with
his own eyes, he did a lot of experiments to study this anomalous phenomenon."
And again, using light water:  " In 2003, Tian
[4] found “excess heat” in electrolysis of Pt/K2CO3/Ni light water system.."

What do you think?  Will any of the various approaches to LENR (aka "cold fusion"_) lead to " confirmable “excess heat” that anyone else could replicate"??
Replication is the key!  and is still missing...

(By the Chairman's admission, the field is not there yet.  Several talked about the need for replication at the conference.)

One positive aspect of LENR is that energy release from nuclear reactions is easily determined using the equation:

Energy release = (Mass in - Mass out) x c^2

I've done this for various Ni + proton reactions.  The energy release is typically of order 1-10 MeV per LENR reaction.

So there is no mystery regarding WHERE the energy can come from! 
The mystery is - how to make a readily REPEATABLE experiment?

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Arie DeGeus
Said the catalyst is Tungsten in his LENR experiments.   O0

Arie DeGeus
Said the catalyst is Tungsten in his LENR experiments.   O0

Could you give a reference - I'm very interested in this.

(I have seen others talk about Tungsten (W) in LENR experiments - and I would certainly include it as a viable candidate along with Nickel and several other elements.)

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
He mentions it in his patents, but sparingly says its the catalyst, which he seems to do with other details, almost like you need to read all his patents to get the full picture.

See page 4 (PDF page 5), paragraph 25
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2469.0;attach=14600

When ever he transmutes Boron, Beryllium or lithium he generally will have tungsten as the catalyst.

He keeps Tungsten low profile in other patents, but it's there for instance
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2469.0;attach=14539
Tungsten is there as the heating element. PDF Page 8 claim No 9 - A method, as claimed in claim 8, wherein the ionization element consists of W

W being wolfram (element Tungsten)
« Last Edit: 2021-06-26, 10:48:42 by Peterae »

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 00:34:44