Jegs "HV Push Pull by Jeg" replication.

Started by Itsu, 2023.03.19, 21:15:32

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Itsu


Looking great Lee  O0

Thanks for the files, i like to see the PCB when finished.

Itsu

lfarrand

The PCBs are due to be delivered either tomorrow or Wednesday, so I'll post some photos then.

I had a hard time trying to work out which MOSFET was the best for my particular requirements. I found myself switching between endless datasheets trying to determine the meaningful differences. In the end I decided to put together a spreadsheet, and I've attached a PDF export of the comparison sheet. There's a heat map on each of the attributes, and they are organised into groups according to the voltage class. It's a lot easier to quickly glance and compare now.

The spreadsheet only lists TO-247-4 footprint MOSFETs since that's what my driver board uses, but most models have TO-247-3 equivalents and the attributes should be broadly the same.

Itsu


Lee,

that must have been a tedious work, but it will come in very handy for a lot of people, so thanks a lot  O0

Itsu

lfarrand

I'm not going to lie, it was painfully boring at times :) I think it will pay off in the mid to long term though.

I've also attached a comparison of TO-247-2 SiC Schottky diodes.