PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-01, 03:08:22
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Real or fake permanent magnet motor clip?  (Read 32250 times)
Group: Guest
Farrah:

From the Peswiki entry for the clip:

YouTube user, ZeroFossilFuel commented about this design in an email:

"Non linear acceleration. Several bursts of speed during the presentation. Disregard the joker off camera blowing across the wheel to keep it going whose shadow is seen off to the right every time the bursts occur and whose music masks the sound of his blowing, or possibly compressed air.

"Any magnet motor worth a damn will accelerate from a dead stop to speeds of self-destruction in very short order."

I don't see the shadow effect he's talking about. I agree that a plausible magnet motor design should rapidly accelerate to destruction without a load; but early working designs showing proof of principle to break the mental barriers are best illustrated in slow motion – if it is indeed a genuine effect.

I thought that you would be interested considering the comments are from Mr. ZeroFossilFuel, Ho! Ho! Ho!  The final comments are from Sterling.

I laugh a bit at the hi-lighted comments because it's the old cliche about a positive-feedback loop and running for your life from shards of metal flying through the air at super high speeds.  Even if it was possible the energy gain per revolution would soon be in balance with the energy lost to air friction per revolution and the magic motor would just benignly purr along poised to change the entire world.

MileHigh

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
That said, there are many people on these forums whose first language is English that are barely literate.

Farrah

Don't knock someone with dyslexia, it's a battle they can never win.

The creation of this website was instigated by one, and is to this day fully funded by him, he also built this forum from scratch.  8)  

Farrah

Don't knock someone with dyslexia, it's a battle they can never win.

The creation of this website was instigated by one, and is to this day fully funded by him, he also built this forum from scratch.  8)  

I assume you're saying this in jest Peterae, as I surely never intimated dyslexics. I refer only to the mentally challenged that are unable to string together a coherrent sentence, not because of such an affliction, but rather because they have never bothered to learn to read or write basic English!  Just as I find it hard to trust the words of a scientist or academic whose work is full of blatant errors, I also find it hard to take seriously the posts of someone who has yet to master junior school English language and fundamental grammar.

No big deal, just my take on things.

I think that it's fair to say that Peter is a free energy guru that hasn't produced a single erg of free energy in his 30+ years on the scene.

MileHigh

lol. He doesn't have to does he. He makes a living by peddling his FREE ENERGY books, ELECTRIC MOTOR SECRETS dvds, etc. It really does emphasize the fact that you can fool most of the people most of the time... and indeed make a good living from it.  Him and Murakami must be laughing themselves to sleep at nights.

It's like someone who has yet to bake a cake, writing and selling a cake-baking book. We joke about it, but it's really not very funny. Afterall, people are getting swindled.

I cannot fathom for the life of me why anyone would even contemplate buying Murakami's books. I mean when and where has he ever come across as someone with the scientific background, education and indeed indepth knowledge to write a book called, The Quantum Key (foreward by Peter Lindemann)?  Are we really expected to believe that he understands quantum mechanics at all, let alone a side of it that scientists do not?

Aagghhh! Makes me cringe. Like all quacks, charlatans and con-men, they are masters at maniplulating the weak-minded and relieving them of a few quid.

Powered from a coil in his shirt?

Acceleration to destruction?

These ideas are less plausible than the motor. I think I will try to replicate these before the motor.

And yes, comments using specific ailments are a bad idea. Slycksdexia is a serious problem for some. Stay away from Gout or Dropsey.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
@Farrah!
!edistuo morf semoc syawla tI

Said by Nobel prize winner Werner Heisenberg, "I think it is possible to utilize magnetism as an energy-source. But we science idiots cannot do that; this has to come from the outside."

When she was almost two, Helen had an illness that left her blind and deaf. She overcame these handicaps and pushed the limit for disabled people. As an author and lecturer, Helen traveled the world campaigning for civil rights. She also became a powerful spokesperson for others with disabilities.

“Our puny sentimentalism
has caused us to forget that a human life is sacred
only when it may be of some use
to itself and to the world.”

Helen Keller

Our self pride should leave us standing,
shocked to the core,
at the audacity of our own belligerent upstanding.
GK, 2010.

---------------------------

??? Your point being what exactly, GK?

Group: Ambassador

On to Whom much is given ,much is required!

Its a big responsibility ,being so "smart" Farrah!

I appreciate you "Sharing" you're Knowledge!

Sometimes you're "people skills" make me Itchy!!
And In the long run ,This is all about the "people"!!

Chet

Group: Ambassador

Ramset,

Watch this one.  ;)

The only thing I'm skeptical about is him surviving the ridicule from the trolls.

Hopefully, Clanzer will figure out it may not be as simple as it looks so he can carry the torch.

--------

Why is it called a 'Calloway' VGate? The VGate has been around for decades that I know of.

This whole thing is some kind of an exercise in mental masturbation by one or more kooky people.  It's equivalent to a nine-year-old pushing all of the buttons in an elevator.  On top of that Sterling is a hapless dupe that will believe almost anything in a blind attempt to stay on the "cutting edge."

From his web site:

Going to Robert's website, he has posted the animated gif (that I created for our coverage) in the upper-left hand portion of the header of his site.  And from the home page, you'll see a link to this V-gate design.  The brief description on that page that is titled, V Track Motor, states:

"Nobody seems to believe anything. The V Track motor will work by lifting the stator magnet above the sticky spot using a ramp cam mechanism. But the lever on the bottom plate raises a magnet by the same cam to assist in pulling at the start of the V magnets on the rotor wheel. The mechanical gate assembly is also supported by a spring which assists in lifting the gate. It is a complete attraction design. This gives the rotor wheel enough speed and power to overcome lifting the stator magnet. Notice the video at the upper left. This same principle can be applied to a PFI application. I have talked about this extensively on this website. There is even more advances to this design by using up to 4 stator magnets to help get through the sticky spot. It will be interesting to see how the laws of physics will explain this."

Steve said that Robert bemoaned that people didn't believe that this was real.

Quoting myself from Sterling's copy of the clip:

You see the shadow receding because he is moving away. Then there is a video edit, and the shadow suddenly goes *poof* and disappears. If he had moved away fast enough the shadow would have been gone before he had to do the the video edit.

The discontinuity in the shadow is happening at the exact time he would have to do a video edit to fake the clip. He tried his best to make it perfect but he failed. There are also speed changes indicating video edits.

The time 1:32 - 1:33  is just after the first release and the white cam has nearly made one full revolution. We know that the rotor is going to slow down and come to a stop after one revolution. So somewhere at let's say 80% of the first full revolution, he has to do his first video splice to make it appear that the rotor is self-running. So he just missed getting his body far enough away from the setup so that no shadows would be cast on the green paper and there is your smoking gun.

People have tried this "V track" nonsense for years and years and it never works and it never will work.

MileHigh

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-01, 03:08:22