PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-19, 04:34:46
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The world and the state it's in.  (Read 3100 times)
Group: Guest
OMG has the world ever been busy with good news and bad news.

It's totally shocking what happened in Japan and my thoughts are with the Japanese.  There has been a great loss of life.  The earthquake, the tsunami, the petrochemical plant burning, then the nuclear plant blowing up.  My whole body gave me feelings of high anxiety and stress when I heard about the nuclear plant.  For the first time in many years I felt a shock go through my system.

I have hoped for many years that one day that a "Youth Revolution" would happen in the Arab world and we saw hints of it in Iran in the summer of 2009.  Amazingly it has happened.  Libya is an exception and it's descending into civil war.  I feel great elation and great sadness.  I have seen videos of unarmed protesters gunned down on the street for no reason.  I have seen videos of people expressing themselves freely for the fist time in their lives.

There is so much greatness and so much horror associated with the human condition.

I just wanted to acknowledge the things going on around us.  Let's hope that ultimately peace and love win out in the end.  I know that I am being simplistic, I am not here to write a book.  In my heart of hearts I believe in the message of peace and love and hope that goes all the way back to the Beatles and the Summer of Love in 1967.

MileHigh

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Good message MH.

I have a feeling that things are changing for the better...and it's been a long time coming.

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Group: Ambassador

MH
Yes very "Busy" times,I don't really know how to feel about whats going on with our Muslim "Friends"
[Sharia and all that:{
But I do believe you [MH] take a very strong stance reguarding Extreme sciences,and while you have very valid points reguarding "MeasureMent".Ultimately I beleive you"KNOW" there is Much more to our understanding yet to come.......................

So maybe once ,just once, you put on another "Hat"? [well once in a while ,like trying to understand what GK is doing ,in a helpful way]
As for me ,Whats going on in the mideast [sharia Law?] and now Nuclear issues driving oil to even higher status!
Saudi Stocks are going thru the roof.................
Thats why I come here and other Forums ,somethings gotta Change!

Chet
« Last Edit: 2011-03-13, 16:36:59 by ramset »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
I am sure MH and 99 would be the first people to shake someone on the hand that provides experimental proof that OU is possible.

Group: Tinkerer

Yes very "Busy" times,I don't really know how to feel about whats going on with our Muslim "Friends"
[Sharia and all that:{

Chet

For the peoples of Planet Earth it is an unfortunate truth
that all "religions" have experienced corruption and most
have a legacy of bloodshed.

In our modern age things are never as they seem to be.

The presently going on turmoil and chaos will increase
as those few who are behind it fear exposure with all of
their dirty deeds made known.

The people are slowly being awakened to what has been
done to them and are developing a love of truth and justice.

What is yet to take place will be beyond belief.  There is
nothing that can be done to escape from it.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Ambassador

Dumped
Quote:
---------------------------------------------
Actually,The way things have been going on the planet Lately!I wouldn't be surprised if someone said "its" gonna Crack in half on Thursday!

Chet

Japan:

What a disaster, I'm speechless. 9500 missing in just one town.

Middle East:

The desire for freedom and equality is powerful.  All that oil wealth in the hands of a few is not right.  And they still have "Kings and Princes" in charge over there, what a repulsive title to bestow on a simple mortal man.  They are out dated and need to go, the future belongs to freedom and democracy.

Markets:

Nikei is down > 5% get ready for another global plunge.

Group: Guest
Dumped
Quote:
---------------------------------------------
Actually,The way things have been going on the planet Lately!I wouldn't be surprised if someone said "its" gonna Crack in half on Thursday!

Chet

Sorry.

I would say more but I'm very busy preparing for Thursday.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-19, 04:34:46