PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 12:44:05
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: STEAP and the TPU  (Read 55714 times)
Group: Elite Experimentalist

From the videos..

The frequencies "slap" (clapping hands) together

and from else where
Push pull is the way to go .

I cant  tell if this is helpful or a distraction Just let me know and I will cease "helping".

Well, had the controller finished before I read your post so decided to go ahead and play a bit. Did notice that I could never get  the 4011 section a/b to gate at all. Wired up a second 4011 on a board and watched the output when switching pin one. No change at all, always high. Did get all the 4047's to work properly and generate a good signal. Have a feeling that I want to put a schmitt trigger on the outputs to make them fast switching. Will consider that as I find out what you have in store with your update.
thay

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
   Well, had the controller finished before I read your post so decided to go ahead and play a bit. Did notice that I could never get  the 4011 section a/b to gate at all. Wired up a second 4011 on a board and watched the output when switching pin one. No change at all, always high. Did get all the 4047's to work properly and generate a good signal. Have a feeling that I want to put a schmitt trigger on the outputs to make them fast switching. Will consider that as I find out what you have in store with your update.
thay

Post the circuit you are using please, as something is wrong, maybe with values.

Regards

Mike

PS  I think I have solved  the 50% duty cycle problem in reducing components.

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Like this, but you also need the drivers for the mosfets, and remember B is high side switching.

regards

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Note that in the frequency pulse relation the oscillators are running at 50% duty all the time, but the sequencer auto changes the duty of A and B but C has to be always at 50% as it is creating the exact half-wave in the "c" coils so as they change sign exactly at 50% duty.

"B" has to synchronise with "C" at the right timing, "A" will follow whatever "B" is set to.

Regards

Mike

I was wired up as per your sch middle of post 167 and the redraw of Trino on post 179. The sch I see now only uses half of the 4011 and I see all the 4047's are now astable and not gated. So this is a new setup and I will have to start over. Need to check one of the 47's anyhow. Output wave is not square and has a slope on the top and bottom. Oh well, that's show biz.
thay

Buy me a beer
   I was wired up as per your sch middle of post 167 and the redraw of Trino on post 179. The sch I see now only uses half of the 4011 and I see all the 4047's are now astable and not gated. So this is a new setup and I will have to start over. Need to check one of the 47's anyhow. Output wave is not square and has a slope on the top and bottom. Oh well, that's show biz.
thay

Thay, do not rush this. The other circuit does work as is drawn by me, but it is not switching the circuit as I require (timing).

My whole thing now is to reduce the components down to a minimum, SM did it and now I think from my testing, this is how he used just basic  Schmitt triggers as oscillators at 50% and with the sequencer auto-adjusted the duties of "A" and "B". The"C" MOSFET has to run at 50%, that is quite obvious, "A" has to run in a special way, as can be seen, it is the one which is offset. Following the switching sequence, the original way I did it used a lot of components and was a big big problem to tune.

SM tuned using only "B" and "C", and if you look they now control what "A" is doing.

The schematic works but has to be tested with the toroids etc.

Regards

Mike
« Last Edit: 2022-04-14, 12:08:59 by Centraflow »

Thanks for the updates. I am in no hurry at all. I still have parts to get and so just have to take it a step at a time.  O0
thay

Buy me a beer
   Thanks for the updates. I am in no hurry at all. I still have parts to get and so just have to take it a step at a time.  O0
thay

Choose your pots for the  4047s so that you can fine-tune the frequencies, they are a bit tricky to tune. Toni on this thread is using a microprocessor, it is the way to go in the future. If you have a 3 channel FG you could use that now I have reduced it to 3, 50% duty signals, you can see how the sequencer does the rest, I really do not know why I did not think of it before, but there you are I'm getting old :'( things don't add up the same.

Regards

Mike

I found that a 1k pot in series with the 47k pot on the 4047 enabled fine tuning to function  .

Good on the 3ch sig gen, just ordered a y8300 be here the 17th it said (we will see) In the end, arduino's may well work great. Just have to use the 3-5v boosters per output for good switching.

Buy me a beer
I have attached a better pulse diagram.

An Extention of this will show the repeating sequence.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
This goes with the pulse train.

Regards

Mike

Well, have the trigger up and switching. Not really sure if this is correct tho. As a base line I used 1meg , 2.1meg , and 3.2m as per your post. Pic is channel 1 trigger only on 3.2  channel 2 is A out  channel 3 is B out and channel 4 is C out. Hoping this is at least close to what is needed. I do notice that as I progress in time, the there is a rotation effect.
     Been a treat, bad 4011, bad scope probe, sig gen not really what I expected.  May go back to the 4047's and add a 5k pot to the 50k for fine. Any how, usable or still not right.

thay

Buy me a beer
     Well, have the trigger up and switching. Not really sure if this is correct tho. As a base line I used 1meg , 2.1meg , and 3.2m as per your post. Pic is channel 1 trigger only on 3.2  channel 2 is A out  channel 3 is B out and channel 4 is C out. Hoping this is at least close to what is needed. I do notice that as I progress in time, the there is a rotation effect.
     Been a treat, bad 4011, bad scope probe, sig gen not really what I expected.  May go back to the 4047's and add a 5k pot to the 50k for fine. Any how, usable or still not right.

The signals should be clean, not as you have it.

thay

Very noisy, you should trigger channel 1, yellow (C) output, channel 2 green (A), and channel 3 violet  (B). Use 5kHz for A, 10.5kHz for C, and 16kHz for B. I'm not sure what frequency is good for the CD4011 but MHz is too much.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
In post 213 the pulse is slightly wrong, I did not notice my drawing until now, I have corrected it and extended it so you can see how it pans out, they are in order if you want to piece the three together ;)

When wiring the CD4011 you should tie ALL unused "inputs" to the ground as it seems the IC can falsely trigger, other NAND gate ICs might be better.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
On page 8, the posts 178-199 are missing, it seems they have been deleted :D  NOT BY ME, I will ask admin.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
Important, the CD4011 should be changed for a CD4093BE which has Schmitt trigger inputs, the CD4011 can't handle the noise.

Regards

Mike

Mike,  I've been following along and saving everything.  I've got Page 8 saved as a PDF and I'll send it to you if that may help with getting it reposted (assuming it was accidentally deleted).   I could attach it here but just in case admin didn't want it up for some reason ??  I'll send it to you in PM.  Oops, my lateness - looks like it's already been restored... :-[

Buy me a beer
Mike,  I've been following along and saving everything.  I've got Page 8 saved as a PDF and I'll send it to you if that may help with getting it reposted (assuming it was accidentally deleted).   I could attach it here but just in case admin didn't want it up for some reason ??  I'll send it to you in PM.  Oops, my lateness - looks like it's already been restored... :-[

Thanks, yes it has been restored, seems someone sent in a bot to do some damage.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike:
    4093 set up and working good. Nice switching for a change. Pic is current setup with trigg on C, A on chan 2, and B on ch 3. Using your freq of 5Kz, 10.5Kz, and 16Kz. Attached is a pic of the scope output. Hope this is getting closer to the mark (pun intended), one very touchy unit far as timing goes.
thay

I tried lining up the images but they need vertical lines as ..i think that b should never be on when both a and c are on .
That may have changed but Thay's cro shot has them all on as well.

There is also a switching delay in the 4093 that might need accounting for .

I have decided to abort the y8300 and go back to the 4047 design for signals. It may be a bit more work to adjust but it does have one good point. There is a "hardware reset" pin on it. Mike did say that all the signals need to start at the same time. I think using an old trick of the yesteryear computers, the power on reset to do that may work out. Since there will be three chips to reset at the same time, thinking of using one of the unused gates of the 93 to do this. That should sync the starting of the 47's all at once.
   This simple circuit has like in the movie short circuit, given me the red ass. Something this easy should not be so hard to get going. So far, I have had a conflict with B and A/C which Mike said will blow the fets. So until I can tame this little beast, I will halt construction even if it is almost complete now. Timing is everything and so far, mine is off in left field.
thay

Buy me a beer
I am still looking into reducing down the components. Today I have ended up in emergencies at our hospital, I have been suffering for some weeks with various pains which have got lower and lower in my back and abdomen. They are doing tests and waiting results, but probably to do with my kidneys. A long day.

Regards

Mike

Health first, this can wait. I have to wait anyhow for more 47's to show. Had a bad one from the start and it finally smoked. Thanks for all you have gave. Be well
thay

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 12:44:05