PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 12:41:22
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DIY trans cranial photobiomodulation therapy device.  (Read 818 times)

Group: Moderator

A little off topic but I think some members may find this project interesting.

A mate I met through business networks introduced me to this therapy. I intend to test them for use during meditation as well.
Here is the research I have done so far. My NIR LEDs arrived today.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Yes indeedy….  O0

Prime candidate here lol.

Did you use the firm that I linked to you a couple of weeks ago Jim? I’m still waiting for a shipping date.

Cheers Graham.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Yes indeedy….  O0

Prime candidate here lol.

Did you use the firm that I linked to you a couple of weeks ago Jim? I’m still waiting for a shipping date.

Cheers Graham.
Hey Grum I bought my mine from Chinatown. (aliexpress) I've also bought solderless connectors as I'm looking at the viability for those with a soldering iron to DIY.

Buy me a cigar
Hey Grum I bought my mine from Chinatown. (aliexpress) I've also bought solderless connectors as I'm looking at the viability for those with a soldering iron to DIY.

Can you provide a link please Jim.

Cheers Grum.

Can you provide a link please Jim.

Cheers Grum.
I've only bought the 850nm 3528SMD. I'll go bigger on the next roll. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005005907710105.html

Group: Ambassador

Here some info on infrared and health benefits
Note:
Not referencing the “C” word ( mentioned in video tittle) for topic discussion ( here it is highly frowned upon for topic discussion and off topic in this thread )

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BW_EtdPWmKM
Shared by a long time researcher here.

Respectfully
Chet K
Ps
Another light therapy vid
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=isz2IQs_EPg&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: 2024-05-12, 22:07:01 by Chet K »

Buy me a cigar
Finally, after requesting a refund the company has given me a tracking number and a short video of the 810 nm LED strip.

https://youtu.be/m1Q4FJg8n3o?feature=shared

Cheers Graham.

Buy me a cigar
Hey Guys.
Since my stroke I’ve completely lost confidence in my judgement….
The LED strip is 5 M long and labelled 24 Volts. It has been made up from shorter strips, soldered together. Am I correct in thinking that this is the working voltage, no matter the number of LED’s used?

I don’t want to burn the $#!t out them….  ;D

Cheers Graham.

Buy me some coffee
Hey Guys.
The LED strip is 5 M long and labelled 24 Volts. It has been made up from shorter strips, soldered together. Am I correct in thinking that this is the working voltage, no matter the number of LED’s used?

Cheers Graham.

Infrared LEDs have a forward voltage of 1.2 volts at about 20 mA.
So you are looking at no less than 20 LEDs in series. (20 x 1.2 = 24 volts.
For longevity, I would use a couple more.
If you have more than 20, then parallel each 20 (or more LED strips) up.

Or you could have 10 (or more) LEDs per strip and work on 12 volts.

Again because 12-volt systems can go as high as 14 volts, I would use a couple more LEDs per strip for safety.
In practice LEDs have a lot of tolerance for slight overvoltage - but the problem is you can't see infra-red. If you use your smartphone camera, you may be able to detect when they are on and see how "bright" they really are.

An afterthought: You could use a visible LED in parallel across two of your infrared LEDS as a visible indicator that your system is working. If the voltage is too low then parallel the visible LED across three infra-red LEDs.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:39:17 by Aking.21 »

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

Hey Guys.

Cheers Graham.
That is my understanding Grum. If you got the 850nm you can see them dimly lit on 12v.

Buy me a cigar
That is my understanding Grum. If you got the 850nm you can see them dimly lit on 12v.

Thanks Jim.
On closer inspection the LED’s are running in parallel with the supply rails, each with its own SMD resistance. We powered up the entire strip and you can see a faint Red glow and feel the heat being generated. Luckily the strip can be cut at 100 mm intervals so we are printing a skull shaped cap to put 200 mm lengths into it.

More to come, cheers Grum.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 12:41:22