PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 12:40:39
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: STEAP and the TPU  (Read 55709 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
I increased the sig gen frequency to 5kHz and the result is the same but higher definition, photo below

Regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Picture of new TPU

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
This is that short video I mentioned, look at the direction of movement, there is only one signal input as mentioned.

Note the cursor frequency setting, freeze the video.

https://youtu.be/k2bxvLLRu0M

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
Mike,

Are you using this circuit?  It seems C2 ceases to be resonant when the A & C drain diodes are present. I was trying to figure out why no current was flowing through my B transistor and then I got bit by the cap!  :o  It would seem difficult to find resonance before connecting a load..

Dave

Dave, no without the diodes, that was for Lindsay to get things in sync.

But I have yet to try that, just be careful of the voltage.

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
I have attached a video link to show how to look at the low Hz frequency within the STEAP TPU.

This again is on my new build and is something I have found when looking for the BEAT frequency, what I did not expect was a rising resonance wave.

Because the frequency is very low in relation to the normally resonant frequency, it is not normally seen unless you can take enough samples and expand it.

There is only one frequency input atm. further tests are to be done before powering this up with real power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAx-xp1U3Cs

Regards

Mike 8)

Group: Professor

Videos help enormously - thank you for sharing, Mike!   O0

Buy me a beer
   Videos help enormously - thank you for sharing, Mike!   O0
I really don't like doing videos, it really is not my platform. If I was to do a video of the STEAP TPU running I think I would get a lot of comments such a "false", it really insults my intelligence.

On youtube there are many things that are false, but also amongst us there are many people who are also false, they are there to create problems, either for personal gain or paid to create confusion so as not to believe in what you are told or see.

At our age, and I am older than yourself I believe, we do not have the same initiative such as money or fame, only for the better of our world, which is very important especially within the times we live atm.

I have solar panels which generate all the energy I need, but recently I changed my converter from 3600w to 5000 w with two inputs to take my STEAP input on the second, I deliver any excess to the grid. I had to legalize the first, the second I will connect, and that is it.

Thank you for your support, it is very much appreciated.

Best regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
This morning I have repeated the 5kHz input tests without and with C2, attached are the results with C2 at 0.22uF

Fr without C2 = 4.762 Hz
Fr with C2 of 0.22uF = 6.250 Hz

Still with only one input at "A"

Regards

Mike 8)

Hello
I built the TPU years ago and will do tests again. How many turns are a,a1: b1,b and c1,c?
Greeting
Lota

Buy me a beer
Hello
I built the TPU years ago and will do tests again. How many turns are a,a1: b1,b and c1,c?
Greeting
Lota

Welcome Lota

From which part of the world are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

To answer your question, I do not know :D

To explain my answer, it is all to do with ratios. If you take a length of insulated multi-stranded copper wire and wrap it back and to several times and join the ends together, then wrap another wire as a solenoid coil over the top from beginning to end, but with a center tapping, you have a solenoid with an insulated core (a, a1), the number of turns does not matter. You then take another length of insulated copper wire and wrap it over the top of the other from beginning to end with the same number of turns, again with a center tapping. You then do this a third time, and you end up with the core and the coils with the correct ratios of capacitance and inductance.

The shape is made circular for less space as one toroid or two (one with a, c, b and the other with a1, c1, b1).

The capacitance has a very high voltage when running, therefore ground "core" connections and coil connections have to be well spaced, or it will arc over.
 Regards

Mike 8)

Hello
Thank you.
I designed the circuit with eagle for the cnc machine. But still has to test. Takes some time.
From East Germany. My English is not good.

Lota

Buy me a beer
If anyone is going to build this, please take heed of what I have said about heating up. I have posted the wire to use, it is good to 200c and is a Tinned multi-stranded copper wire (tin-coated because the plasma is highly reactive, as used in industry).

Regards

Mike 8)

Lindsay and other FY8300 users,

This image is a scope shot of me recreating the triple wave output with the FY8300S alone.  There are limitations but it may be easier than using the other circuit with the touchy trimmer pots.  One of the bummer limitations is that when you adjust all the frequencies at once, the phase lock of the three channels drifts and you get signal overlap.  However, pressing the Phase Menu brings it back into phase 0 again so it is useful for dialing in very specific frequencies rather quickly.  I may be about to abandon the 4047s.  I can also use the 40106 pulse conditioning circuit for further on the fly pulse control.

Let me know if you’d like my notepad files with wave amplitude tables.

Dave

Hello
that doesn't look bad. Can you send me the creation or set it here?
Lota

Hello
Lota

This is the DDS that I have used to create the waves.  I’m still working on dialing in the data tables to input for the arbitrary wave.  I’ll post them when I am happy with the phasing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174151334340?chn=ps&var=473053207660&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=473053207660_174151334340&targetid=4580496732614413&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=418233788&mkgroupid=1230353745471221&rlsatarget=pla-4580496732614413&abcId=9300542&merchantid=51291&msclkid=3c6a3a6665cc1a5298115bd165e1e417

Here are the signal transitions I’ve been able to dial in on using the FY8300S.  This starts one cycle and ends on the same scope shot of the next cycle while showing each signal transition at 20ns/div.  I think this will work a little easier for me.

Dave

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Looking good Dave!

I take it you are making a new arbitay for each new freq?

these are very capable if a bit buggy and fiddly
Changing the encoder knob to a propper knob is worth doing.

I did some live trimpot tuning today , no solid b build up yet .. need to get acquainted with the new beast

Freie Energie für alle
I have been building a new unit and I have been documenting it as I have gone along, here is the first part.

Regards

Mike 8)
To compare Mikes' new set-up with mine, I took the same measurements and documented them in the attachment. I noticed that my TPU has slightly larger capacitances and lower inductances. I put this down to the fact that I have fewer turns in the coils, as I used the specified silicone wire (fine strands (150-400) of tinned copper wires) for this, which is thicker than the wires now used by Mike, which are not as fine, not tinned and thinner. This gives it more turns on coils a-a1, c-c1 and b-b1. Nevertheless, the resonance frequencies are again similar to those of Mike.

Regards
Toni

Buy me a beer
To compare Mikes' new set-up with mine, I took the same measurements and documented them in the attachment. I noticed that my TPU has slightly larger capacitances and lower inductances. I put this down to the fact that I have fewer turns in the coils, as I used the specified silicone wire (fine strands (150-400) of tinned copper wires) for this, which is thicker than the wires now used by Mike, which are not as fine, not tinned and thinner. This gives it more turns on coils a-a1, c-c1 and b-b1. Nevertheless, the resonance frequencies are again similar to those of Mike.

Regards
Toni

High Toni

The core is the specified wire but the coils are not as I do not have any more silicon wire at the moment.

As I found out some time ago this is all to do with ratios which become really interesting as you dig deeper into what makes this tick.

With expanding a slow scan you will find all sorts of things, including your mains frequency which you have to discard as it starts to modulate what you are looking for, and impossible to avoid as the "toroid" seems to be quite an effective antenna for picking up signals.

In the next post I will show you how the frequencies relate, and for those that have not seen this before.

Good work

Regards

Mike 8)

Looking good Dave!

I take it you are making a new arbitay for each new freq?

these are very capable if a bit buggy and fiddly
Changing the encoder knob to a propper knob is worth doing.

I did some live trimpot tuning today , no solid b build up yet .. need to get acquainted with the new beast

The arbitrary waveforms do respond to frequency adjustments.  However, adjusting the duty cycle of an arbitrary waveform is not possible.  For this, I plan to make a few different templates of varying duty cycle so I can toggle between them with the simple selection of another arbitrary wave template. 

I had to pull my knob off of the FY8300 and put a dab of hot glue in there so It would keep the knob from bottoming out against the faceplate rendering the push button part of the knob useless.  I thought my DDS was garbage after 1 week out of the box because I no longer had the ability to make menu selections until I figured out the knob had slipped on the post.

Dave

P.S. Mike, I had a tool allowance that I had sitting idle at work that needed to be spent by the end of this year.  I will have my Rigol 1054z soon.   8) 

Buy me a beer
Replace the previous pdf with this one. Nothing will be lost, it is an ongoing continuation :)

Regards

Mike 8)
« Last Edit: 2021-12-14, 17:14:34 by Centraflow »

Buy me a beer
The arbitrary waveforms do respond to frequency adjustments.  However, adjusting the duty cycle of an arbitrary waveform is not possible.  For this, I plan to make a few different templates of varying duty cycle so I can toggle between them with the simple selection of another arbitrary wave template. 

I had to pull my knob off of the FY8300 and put a dab of hot glue in there so It would keep the knob from bottoming out against the faceplate rendering the push button part of the knob useless.  I thought my DDS was garbage after 1 week out of the box because I no longer had the ability to make menu selections until I figured out the knob had slipped on the post.

Dave

P.S. Mike, I had a tool allowance that I had sitting idle at work that needed to be spent by the end of this year.  I will have my Rigol 1054z soon.   8)
;D ;D ;D ;D >:-) O0

Regards

Mike 8)

Freie Energie für alle
Here are my resonance measurements. Essentially I see a big difference to Mike's measurements (see at the end of the file)
Regards
Toni

15.12.2021: Attachment corrected
« Last Edit: 2021-12-15, 05:01:42 by ainachara »

Here are my resonance measurements. Essentially I see a big difference to Mike's measurements (see at the end of the file)
Regards
Toni

Thanks Toni,

I will eventually get some data posted regarding my unit.  I have the same scope as Mike headed my way.  I will run the same test when I get it so we can compare between the three of us that have a Rigol.  At least we will possibly be able to rule out scope artifact or whatever it may be.

Dave

Freie Energie für alle
Hello
Lota
Hallo Lota, ich habe dir eine PM (persönliche Nachricht) geschrieben. Bitte schau mal nach.
Danke
Toni

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 12:40:39