PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 07:49:35
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Self running wooden toy  (Read 15919 times)

Group: Guest
Some trick.  The magic arena is another forum. Do you have discussion ?
Or is linking the video here only to get more views for you ad-sense video ?

Please explain in detail why you think this is self powering. And exactly the mechanism which causes it to function.

Cheers

So easy to debunk: The table, the background, and the camera are tilted one way and then the other way to make the toy roll downhill each time.  Watch the bottom edge of the table with respect to the bottom edge of the frame change throughout the video.  He should have made his camera mount more rigid.  Mylow pulled a better hoax than this guy.

So easy to debunk: The table, the background, and the camera are tilted one way and then the other way to make the toy roll downhill each time.  Watch the bottom edge of the table with respect to the bottom edge of the frame change throughout the video.  He should have made his camera mount more rigid.  Mylow pulled a better hoax than this guy.

Easy to understand the trick but not so easy to see the default. Well done, Rosphere!

Veproject admits there is a third magnet. What about the third magnet?

I like his work. He claims nothing so he has nothing to fake. His intended audience seems to be those willing to think of how it could be done. That is the most difficult path.

Thinking of how it cannot be done is easy and just noise to him, judging by his youtube comments.

He claims nothing so he has nothing to fake.

Funny. I like the gullibility facing the smartness.
 ;D

I see, nobody has read the description

Funny. I like the gullibility facing the smartness.
 ;D

Ah. So, I am being gullible  :)

I don't see why because I don't see free energy, broken physical laws or tilting movie sets. He is smart.

Don't ask me how it is done. I won't bother to answer until I see how strong the mentioned third magnet must be and understand a working position for it.

'Theory of relativity demonstration' - yes I read it and the title is a good one.

It looks to me as though the bench top is curved and the bench top is slightly moved where the video is cut.
None of it means anything. We aren't here to play guessing games. We're not here to try to explain to various
people why this isn't the next great hope in free energy either. To get past these distractions we must first
work out how they are done then try to prove and explain to various people how it is faked and why.

People link these types of video's and say look free energy.

What exactly is it you hope to achieve with these video's ? I read the description, "a relativity experiment" .
What kind of relativity ? Relative to what ? It's interesting relative to the intelligence level of the viewer ?
Or the amount of time it takes to see how it happens is relative our wants, desires or expectations ?

All I see is a wooden toy made to move in a way that could be cause to waste peoples time. Some people may think others minds are so
ill exercised they need them to present illusions so as to exercise said ill exercised minds. I see someone who thinks they are very clever
and want's others to show how they are less clever. An ego trip.

So what does it have to do with free energy or OU or relativity and what kind of relativity.
The experiment is interesting relative to what kind of relativity you see in it.

Everything is relative and relativity in some way.

Cheers    
« Last Edit: 2012-10-28, 01:45:51 by Farmhand »

Ah. So, I am being gullible  :)

Really? Wasn't it irony?  C.C

You don't need a third magnet. With a third magnet the acceleration of the cart wouldn't be constant, and in the experiment with the pseudo magnetic fluid, its surface wouldn't remain plane when attracted, due to a not constant force with the distance (see the effects of magnetic fields onto real magnetic fluids).
We see that all is obviously in agreement with a worktable inclined left or right on request.

I was gullible to think he wouldn't waste time building a pivoting video set when only slightly different results could be obtained with a third magnet.

Until now I had not connected the BS magnetic fluid demonstration with this one. I see these are just extensions on the relativity of motion concepts.

His level of creativity isn't as high as I thought.

As usual, fact is determined by majority  ;D

The guy just posted a link to a video showing a wooden toy roll on a desk top, no comment or explanation.
So opinions and conjecture are wanted, they must be.

If the poster would explain what is in the video that is interesting then I'm all ears.

Cheers

Really LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very good trick joke, but very esay to predict where is going to move the toy.
Please look again the video, and pay atention to the arms/elbow so to be specific on the right side of the window. What you will see is the arms going up and down but not the hands.
The scenario is rotating with the cammera attached to it. So, when the arms move up the car will move to the right, when the arms move down the car will move to the left. (see from 0:45 to 0:50 how the arms go up)
LOL again, the guy is stepped on the floor not in the scenario wich rotates.
The question: why spend time and money on nothing?....

LOL again, the guy is stepped on the floor not in the scenario wich rotates.
The question: why spend time and money on nothing?....

Humanism. For the education of the naives and the progress of their critical mind. The rougher the trick, the easier its discovery by the naives. For them, it's gratifying.  ^-^

The gullibility at this point, I say it gets annoying. 

Yep, perhaps you are right, but still dont understand why make a fake and trying to convince people that it is authentic (or let them think it is).
Just my personal point of view. Maybe I have seen too many of those.
Kind regards.

I don't think there is any movement of the table or tilting to make the toy roll, this is purely magnetic attraction. 

If you listen carefully, you will hear a high pitch noise when the video begins, it is the electronics that power the coils under the table.

The puzzle here is the orientation of the magnets, the toy rolls to the left leading with the red (N)  side of the magnets.  Then it rolls right leading with the red (N) again,   so he probably changes the polarization of the coil under the table,  but then how do you explain the rolling when the magnets are facing each other (N to N),  when the overall magnetic field is canceled longitudinaly?   

I think what he has under the table is a linear magnetic motor, the one with many coils for maglev trains and the magnetic field moves constantly righth to left or left to right, and he controls it with a switch.

EM

Are you done copying everyone else's design that you could not reproduce?

Group: Experimentalist

Who are you even talking to? Are you sure your in the right thread? Are you in your right mind? This thread hasn't had a post in it since 11-3-2012!
Buy your words and actions here I would have to judge you Bi-polar, so far you have brought nothing here but adversity. If your bi-polarism is a problem for you please get back on your meds. We don't need your kind of help here, think before you speak.  And please don't answer this post, I don't care what you have to say.

---------------------------
"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material"  Nicola Tesla

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

I don't care what you have to say...., think before you speak.Insert Quote

I find it interesting that the majority of comments, here and his YouTube channel, are just bitches about it being faked or idiotic theories on how it could.

There was nothing fake about it. All it needs to work is a third magnet, a really LONG magnet under the table top.

It worked for me  :P No tilting room and camera or jets of air required. It just needed someone to figure out how it worked vs. all the reasons why it couldn't.

When you watch his vids just set the negativity and dung science aside long enough to figure out how it could be done.

You might be surprised  O0

Well, maybe a few of you might be surprised  :(

There was nothing fake about it. All it needs to work is a third magnet, a really LONG magnet under the table top.

That is faking it (unless the really long magnet is declared).

That is faking it (unless the really long magnet is declared).

Sorry Paul. I disagree.

I don't see a reason for him to tell all when his point is clearly to make people think.
If he tells us exactly how these things work then there would be no thought required.

Since I am a problem solver, by nature, I prefer to figure these things out. It is much more rewarding to attempt to solve the problem even if I fail to do so. When I'm lucky to solve it the feeling of accomplishment is even better.

What I don't like is the constant misdirection he uses (in words and acts). But, I suppose that is the magician in him leaking out.

Interesting to me is the fact that once you see some of the methods used you can apply them to his other projects. I haven't tested this theory on all similar projects due to the work involved but hope to in the future. Several of his machines could easily function using the same concept I saw in this one.

But the false claim is in the thread title ! The thread is about a "Self Running Wooden Toy". If the thread was titled "Looks Like A self Running Wooden Toy" or something accurate, then it would ok.

Image if we all did the same thing, what good would that do ?

We could all post trick setups to "Make Each other think" and nothing else just as VeroProject has done. But what good would that do ?

I don't see any point to trying to figure out "magic tricks".

I've got a good mind to set up a really good fake and a new youtube account to show it, then all the fake claimant promoters can be exposed when the reality is revealed.

I wonder if that will "make people think".

What is our exact definition of 'self running'?
What is his exact definition of the same?

If you have communicated with him you would have noticed that he is multilingual and doesn't always define things as a single language speaking person or one speaking any specific language.

In this case, and my definition as it applies to this device is 'self-running' means self-running, not self-starting or continuing to run without adding more energy.

You configure it by magnet placement, place it, release it and it runs off by itself.  

Magic tricks? vs. physics demonstrations for an audience not willing to use problem solving are the same thing. To most folks I know physics is just magic because they don't know how it works.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-13, 14:13:51 by WaveWatcher »

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 07:49:35