Pulse Motor design using the Joe Newman motor design.

Started by Tommey Reed, 2014.06.11, 22:05:50

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tommey Reed

This is a high voltage coil I remove from a old microwave transformer.

I plan to use back emf and one side of the ac generator to loop this system with the help of a microcontroller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS73xJcglKM


Matt Watts

Interesting Tommey and welcome aboard.

Looking forward to see how your project progresses.

Tommey Reed

This is the first back emf loop test using 1F capacitor@19v and a 10,000uf cap for beck emf charge bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX65gExeNs8

Tom

Slider2732

I like anything such as this...  O0

Am wondering something and it links to another project of yours. My Bench post about the 'Blocking Ringer' is along the lines of your solar panel scavenging idea and was in thought while trying to build a very simple scavenger circuit. Best solar harvesting from LED's seems to be just above the flicker frequency for the eye, around 30Hz. Faster and the current goes up with little extra gained.
I'm wondering if your motor can use such tricks by using an extra coil around the Newman coil and running a light based scavenger. I may have it wrong but your motor seems to be running at approx 360 RPM and if a cap dump circuit filled every 10 revolutions to fire an LED bank, it would approximate the 30Hz.
It would also electrically disconnect the motor from the return side by using light and there would be next to no increased pull down on the motor by being an air winding.
ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu