PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 04:27:33
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Christmas 2016 Gift From Bruce TPU  (Read 23365 times)
Group: Guest
Sure. That's why the 2010 Nobel Prize in Physics went to Daniel Pomerleau.

No... wait.....       :D

Well... I've tried to draw out the schematic of the present state of Ariovaldo's construction of BruceTPU's "Christmas Present"... more difficult to assemble than an Ikea flat-pack futon bed.

Will someone please check my schematic for accuracy. Of course this involves sifting through about 10 full pages of the thread on OU dot com, and interpreting BruceTPU's dribbles and drabs and scrawled sketches.

Note that this circuit appears to be merely a kludged semi-wireless power transmitter/receiver setup, and all the mighty power in the receiver sections is clearly coming from the 36 volt battery powering the Tx side. Commenters Turbo, Hoppy, and our own TinMan have shown that they understand full well what is happening in this circuit -- while some others clearly do not.

Best Ebay deal on the mosfets I can find is from Israel, 10 pieces for $8.88, plus 4.99 shipping to USA, 2 weeks.

Digi-Key lists them at $8.53 for 10, plus shipping. Usually Digi-Key orders arrive at my mailbox in 4 days.

But seriously, why bother? There is nothing of real significance to see here.  Years ago I made the point that a simple wireless power transmission-reception system could explain SM's TPU, and I've demonstrated such systems many times.

ETA: Digi-Key lists the BAT48 Schottky diode at 10 pieces for $2.94.

« Last Edit: 2018-02-18, 20:33:46 by TinselKoala »

Can anyone give a reasonable explanation for why an ordinary cheap-as-dirt, high Rdss TO-93 packaged N-ch mosfet, such as 2n7000, could not be used in this circuit, with appropriate adjustment of the FG signals?

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Tk
the ZVP2110A is a pfet , the listed equivalent is TP0620N3-G-ND $1.40

Group: Mad Scientist

Can anyone give a reasonable explanation for why an ordinary cheap-as-dirt, high Rdss TO-93 packaged N-ch mosfet, such as 2n7000, could not be used in this circuit, with appropriate adjustment of the FG signals?

I wouldnt see why not. The latest circuit you redrew would need reversing of the input and maybe putting the inductor on the other side of the battery still connected to the - side. Then the outputs to the collectors maybe should be reversed to apply proper signal as the original. Its simple enough to try both and compare. If you get the same results either way then maybe bruce would need to give reason for the pfet necessity. ???

Mags

BruceTPU is unlikely to give reasons or explanations for anything. He's cast his pearls before us swine and is going to relax on his guilded throne, and "off with the head" of anyone who dares to question his "gift" to us wee mortals.

All I want to know at the moment is whether or not my schematic re-draw -- giving all the information that he's dribbled out over weeks of postings, in one image -- is correct. Hopefully my efforts will someday be appreciated by others who may want to explore his "gift".

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 04:27:33