PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 07:17:26
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Carbon Arc Gas plus Heat output  (Read 24934 times)

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Initial progress.

My site transformer with the centre tap has an inductance that when calculated gives a 50 HZ resonance with 436 micro farad. I've got 3 motor PF correction caps in parallel that indicates 450 microF can someone suggest a series value to bring my value down?

The input open circuit wattage is around 27 ( poor efficiency ) I'm going to try improving this with the addition of resonant capacitor on the input side.

I might have to do only short runs as the safety tapping is only a fraction of the size of the secondary winding gauge.

With good power factor correction I don't see a problem with measurements, at least, not until the reactor is running,
I might have to change my opinion.... :)

Cheers Graham.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Initial progress.

My site transformer with the centre tap has an inductance that when calculated gives a 50 HZ resonance with 436 micro farad. I've got 3 motor PF correction caps in parallel that indicates 450 microF can someone suggest a series value to bring my value down?

The input open circuit wattage is around 27 ( poor efficiency ) I'm going to try improving this with the addition of resonant capacitor on the input side.

I might have to do only short runs as the safety tapping is only a fraction of the size of the secondary winding gauge.

With good power factor correction I don't see a problem with measurements, at least, not until the reactor is running,
I might have to change my opinion.... :)

Cheers Graham.

Well i am most happy with my large transformer,as i have so much range to choose from.

Upon reading your post Grum,i went and checked how much standby power it draws.

With the neutral of my mains connected to the COM(common) pin on the transformer,and the live connected to pin 9,the standby draw is only 12 watts  O0
Also while connected to this pin combination,i have on the high current output(which is also isolated BTW),35/0/35 VRMS.
As i connect the live to the next pin down(pin 8),on the output i get 37/0/37 VRMS-and so on,as i drop the live pin down another number,i raise the high current output VRMS by 2 volts each side.

Then there is the + - 10 volt pins,which also go's up or down depending on which pin i have the live connected to.
Also  ;),there is all the pins not being used by the live,which vary in voltage,and where you can either use the common as one pin,or the live as one pin,and then use one of the unused pin's as the other connection.

There are so many combinations with this transformer-i can have any AC voltage from 2.2 volt's,right through to 368 volts,in 2 volt increments  O0

This transformer is now my golden child of the workshop  :D
I wonder what you would pay for something like this one now days.?.

Brad

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

I hope this was not mentioned before.
Here is a patent for an  Electric Furnice

https://www.pssurvival.com/PS/Heat_and_Cool/Electric_Furnice_Patent_1899.pdf

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 07:17:26