PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-16, 19:00:38
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Dr. Stiffler returns with a new device: SFM  (Read 43476 times)
Group: Professor

Here are some relevant videos:
dr stiffler  L3 added to sfm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TC7GgyWluY

SFM slider May 27 part 1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYk1mAAzGb8  up to 9Mhz sig gen
part 2 may 27: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3zQCg16r7A&t=5s

lidmotor:  sfm build driven by a small tesla coil:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNMsynVKngo

Below is lidmotor's schema of the Stiffler SFM.  What I don't understand is - how is the signal generator (one wire only) "hooked up" to the toroidal coil?  can anyone explain that?

It's through the capacitive link between the magnets and core of the toroid .  In His latest video he tosses the toroid set up out and used 2 L3's one capacitively linked to the aluminum heat sink on the back of the cree led assembly.   It's all interesting but I wonder what point he's trying to make ...

Group: Ambassador

I believe Mark [slyder] has another battery powered build which he will be posting [it works ...
whatever "it" is ??]
and he will also check to see if its working outside..

PS
did also Beg the opinion of a very good RF man to have a look in the next few days
[a moderator here]

Right Chet - Mark says his version is working, and he'll post a vid soon.
  My perennial question is - who can measure the Pout versus Pin?  should be fun...

Slider's latest vid: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0GO3SIGDk&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=9jhTb1FA_aJONIDz-6

As Mark explains in the video, the signal from the signal generator is connected to a set of magnets, and these adhere to the coil - with a plastic sheet in the way.  And Al foil behind the LED. 
Thus, NO direct electrical connections.
Fun stuff... my question is - what in Pinput (coming from the signal generator)?

Group: Elite Experimentalist

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Yep, no wires :)
It is indeed capacitive coupling, which in my opinion Dr. Stiffler has made an art form out of.
It boggles the mind to have a connection to magnets, through 2 layers of plastic and have a split wound coil behind that.
An AV plug I can get my head around, but this ?  ???

The Pinput is 'likely' higher than recorded...I should use a capacitor to find out and will.
The measurements shown in a previous vid were 1.46V and approx 7mA. Every meter I ever use seems to blow its mA scale before even being used on that setting ! So I have to use the Amps scale. It was checked on 2 different meters though and both tallied.
The squarewave will be half of the actual output if it's duty cycle is 50%. But one thing is, the internal battery is only a 3.7V lipo and an LED connected directly to the sig gen output will only partially light.
The same thing happens with a regular multimeter when on the diode measurement setting.
At 20V+ there would be a whole new lot of results and it would be more in keeping with what we see in Dr. Stffler's vids...that and a lot more tuning up.

---------------------------
ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Voltage question answered: 1.677V
100uF cap to smooth out the square wave.

I could use a 1 Ohm resistor and do I=V/R for the current. That might be the best way.
In any case, it's low and has to be, because the unit is battery powered :)

Group: Mad Scientist

Yep, no wires :)
It is indeed capacitive coupling, which in my opinion Dr. Stiffler has made an art form out of.
It boggles the mind to have a connection to magnets, through 2 layers of plastic and have a split wound coil behind that.
An AV plug I can get my head around, but this ?  ???

I don't know if Stiffler has OU, but capacitive coupling sure is neat. :)

Sorry to get off-topic, but if you want a real mind-blower, you can get even simpler.  No circuits, no mosfets or anything, just a function generator, an oscilloscope and a small coil.
* Attach scope probes to a small air-core coil.
* Crank your function gen to max and put the frequency above 1mhz, set to square waves.  Take the non-grounded lead and place it on the coil.  Leave the other lead disconnected.
* Tune around and see the output waveform of your seemingly isolated circuit.  :D :D

For the second part
* Attach the function gen lead to some aluminum foil for better surface area and place it on the coil.  Still open circuit.
* Attach LED's to your coil, then grab one lead.  Your body will ground out the receive circuit and with luck, your LED's will light up. :o :o :o

As far as I know it's not OU by itself (the power in this case is coming from the function generator), but it is definitely interesting that you can transfer real power this way. O0 :o

IMHO the most useful/interesting thing about capacitive coupling is that the dielectric propagation speed (according to Eric Dollard and others) is superluminal.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30, 00:53:56 by Reiyuki »

When you say something is impossible, you have made it impossible

Many thanks for the thoughtful responses  O0

It can be a little tricky measuring the square-wave "input power", but that's a great start. 
   It would be straightforward to measure the power delivered by the battery (at V):   Pin = V*I  (I from Vdrop across a 1-0hm resistor as you say). 

Next we will want to measure the output power, Pout.  This is simplified because we measure downstream from the FWBR, so we're dealing with DC again....  nice system!
    Are you going to try Dr Stiffler's dual-L3 system?
   Thanks again, Mark.

here is the latest Vid from Dr. Stiffler [sorry if it is not inline with the present discussion]
But he is stating some secret is revealed ?

he is  showing what he calls the Stiffler Diode effect which he wishes to have as a legacy

I would hope generic capacitive coupling is not what he is referring to?
I  am sure he is well aware of this .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdfwmeWevs&t=7s

Buy me some coffee

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

I can't imagine anyone who has had more scrutiny about his work over the years than Ron
he has always been told its local input... nothing special [capacative coupling]

he claims there is some coupling with more than electrosmog or...radio stations etc etc ?

he is a smart and sincere man..............and a Ham radio guy

hopefully this Stiffler diode effect and the new interest in his work will give more clarity.

I can't imagine a harder thing to measure and qualify ,unless it gets much more output
and steps outa the noise level .

could this  shed some light on the Dovada device [Brad's Dad's self running thingamabob ??]

maybe it will turn a corner...

no stone left unturned

respectfully
Chet K

« Last Edit: 2018-05-30, 13:35:14 by Chet K »

Buy me some coffee
It's not very often i see things that surprise me anymore,but here is one of those very rare WTF moments.

Please know that this was shot with me not being prepared,as when it happened,i just grabbed the camera,and started shooting before the effect disappeared.

No power connected to the circuit--can you guess what might be happening here?

Thanks Chet
And here is the video i forgot to post with the post lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vHhgYW3GDI

Brad

Buy me some coffee
Will see if there is a circuit

Also to note Brad said he'll add the vid to his comment above in the AM (his time)

Video added now.

Buy me some coffee
Stiffler's circuit is easily explained by entry level RF or electronics guys, I'll take a crack at it since I've already simulated the circuit and see nothing special happening.

Ordinary rectifier diodes are not efficient at 15 megahertz so by detuning with two coils slightly off frequency a harmonic current is produced that can be efficiently rectified at 10kHz, the difference frequency. There is nothing exotic or secret about this.

There is no such thing as one wire at those frequencies, you always have a capacitive return to source. If someone can supply the complete circuit, I will add it to the simulation and post it.

Why Stiffler has such a following is beyond me, must be the Dr he puts in front of his name. That does not automatically give him credibility regardless of his flauting title and dazzling array of test equipment. Tools are only as good as the person that knows how to use them and properly interpret their results. I will never give extra reverence to those that expect it because of titles.

Regards

When the frequency or voltage is high enough,you need no wires to transmit power to a receiver.

Love those old foxhole radio's  O0

Brad

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Ah, but even if all of this is super silly simple to learned RF guys, the rest of the world is stuck with tiny distance Qi devices.
If it isn't a phone sat on a disk of plastic, it's a toothbrush sat in a holder and that is just about the total for wireless electricity.

The same engineers who scoff at what is to everyone else a bit of a difference and a lot more interesting, should be able to use that expertise to replicate Tesla's 'trivial' Patents with equal ease. Perhaps they may produce a simple low parts count circuit to allow a walk in the backyard and place a bulb anywhere in the ground to light it ? It's even practical commercially, saving people from getting electrocuted in the rain and needing no wires for people to trip over.
There is no need for a facepalm at the effects being witnessed, because, suppression or ignorance notwithstanding, noone else is showing resonant tuning to such degrees as the Doc.
Yes, he uses his Doctorate degree in his online experiments, but there's no fanboy following if he is the only one to have shown such dramatic differences to what is 'commonly known'. He shows things, they work.
Fanboys would cheer along stuff that doesn't work - as seen in politics.

Reiyuki has shown another different form above that most won't have been aware of...it's highly interesting as something to explore and perhaps further. Presumably that has also been well known about by RF guys since Adam was a lad !
And, if so, why has the rest of the planet not been made aware of such trivial matters for the past 100 years ?
Why are we stuck with Qi and stupid toothbrushes ?

I see this evolving into a two part "air Plug" [analogous to a plug and wall socket ] or mated set .

nothing happens [no RF burns or other issues ] unless the mated receiving end
is in place ,and only at the receiving end [nothing passing between would be effected]

transmitting power ,  real power..safely without wires  :o

that would be something very special indeed. [copper costs money ...

and if it turns out there is a means to tickle the environment and harvest extra ??

and maybe it could be used to clean the electro smog from areas where it is not needed
if it could harvest this ??

-------------------------------------------------------

Stiffler is an old timer [80's ?] ,  probably chiseled galena from the quarries for his first radio,
he gets the whole issue here [unbelief in claim]

my mentioning he was a Ham [an old school Ham] was more inline with his good understanding of RF . I am not sure of his formal training [Dr.}

He makes a nice presentation ,and speaks quite well , his demeanor carries a familiar tone,
the tone of a man who really understands what he is talking about .

maybe we can get some good schematics and interaction from him at Stefan's

he surely understands the issue here and the challenges facing him [the facepalms] .

and yes.. one bell ringer for the problems with electro pollution has been Gary Vesperman, he has been telling us for quite some time about the hazards  , and many other hazards in the environment
one of his links below [he is another old time OU guy]

http://padrak.com/vesperman/

well
I was going to add
If we harvest enuff from their wireless pollution
we might force them to give us our landline wires back

Gary has been pounding that warning out.

this health issue is huge ,and mostly being steamrolled over ...

I really feel like the tinfoil hat joke of years gone bye...
might actually be a product worthy of marketing

getting a microwave oven running on harvested ambient pollution ..
would turn a few heads ,and maybe educate some to the hazards .

would definitely help sell Tinfoil hats...

maybe they would be called shields ?

"Shieldware" for the Kids...

:o

could sell the heck outa that...and in the process educate the world to what is being hidden from us.

just peruse Gary's site ,and all the scientific Data he has collected.

link again

http://padrak.com/vesperman/

Group: Tinkerer

Dr.Stiffler may not be on to something that will revolutionize
"Free Energy" but his projects do stimulate thinking.  It would
be very interesting to see what sorts of voltages and signals
appear at various points in his demonstration simplified
circuit in the video.  Or to examine with a Spectrum Analyzer
what kind of modulation or inter-modulation may be occurring.

TinMan, your glowing neon is rather puzzling.  Notice that
only one of the electrodes in the bulb is glowing.  That
would indicate that it is being powered by DC, perhaps
pulses where as shown on your scope, the positive
portion of the wave is much stronger than the negative
portion.  Where might that signal be coming from?

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Dr.Stiffler may not be on to something that will revolutionize
"Free Energy" but his projects do stimulate thinking.  It would
be very interesting to see what sorts of voltages and signals
appear at various points in his demonstration simplified
circuit in the video.  Or to examine with a Spectrum Analyzer
what kind of modulation or inter-modulation may be occurring.

Well said.  Stiffler is doing everything right, even if his conclusions end up being wrong.
He's building devices, sharing results, posting videos, answering questions, formulating and testing theories.  Many experimenters will simply give a few vague hints and then disappear for months.

I'd take 1 Stiffler over 10 Pierre's ;D

I'll have to bench test a few of his setups sometime.  They *look* like normal capacitive coupling, but maybe he's actually got something new?

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
ION - You know, I completely agree about the RF hazards. It is a damn good point.
Personally, I don't carry a cellphone around and won't use one except in an emergency for exactly those reasons.
My position is simply that we need to get to a point where the measurements of the biological effects have a need to be measured. However, if it were profitable to some big conglomerate or other, a study would result in an 'Inconclusive'.

TinMan - Yes the glowing neon. I've watched that video 3 or 4 times and have no clue whatsoever. Only that it was likely raining at the time you ran the experiment ! That seemed to be a theme for odd effects at your place at the time.

new vid discussing measurement issues

around the 2 min Mark a schematic appears with some discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSMNB4h9U8&t=0s

Since Stiffler's resistance output is rectified, he should try adding an electrolytic capacitor alongside the load resistance and compare the two outputs.
Measuring DC resistance is MUCH more reliable than measuring dynamic waveforms.

He could also measure the power generated by the lights by calibrating their brightness against a bench power supply.  x amount of lumens = x watts of power consumed.

I would also try load-testing the function generator across a low-impedance and measure the power output.

Note: actually the Wavetek is only spec'd at around 4.5 Watts into 50 ohms and maybe a little higher at full 26 volts into his coil. Still more than enough to light those high efficiency Cree LED's to reasonable brightness. The output stage of his Wavetek might possibly be able to swing the full internal supply rails of +/-22 Volts.

I think the 4.5w->50ohm is just the square-waveform spec performance into that impedance.  I had an older function generator that would put out 5x its rated power at short-circuit, but the output was more distorted.

(related story)
Years ago I've had a few 'EUREKA!!!' moments on the bench that soon turned out to be measurement errors.  One error was caused by excess energy supplied by the function generator, another by an internal resonance with the current meter on the DC source load.  It was sure fun having a mirage of overunity for a few hours :P
Nowadays I would not hazard a COP calculation without measuring DC rectified and smoothed inputs and outputs.

I still like his videos though.  It's fun to see someone learning the quirks and process hands-on.  Builders are the only people that will ever succeed. O0

Buy me some coffee
OK,couldnt help myself  :D
The simple stiffler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyX9nRrym3Y

Brad

VERY nice, Brad - two different inductors and an LED bulb...  driven by a Freq-generator.  :o

Great comments, everyone - thanks.  I liked this:

. " Builders are the only people that will ever succeed. O0  "
« Last Edit: 2018-05-31, 13:42:28 by PhysicsProf »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-16, 19:00:38