PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 04:59:03
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Remarkable Anomalous Heat claims from June 2018 conference in Colorado  (Read 3414 times)
Group: Professor

Earlier this month, a conference on AHE (anomalous heat excess) was held inColorado.  I have been reading papers and will discuss more as they become available.  This is an area of keen interest for me, and has been since I began work in this arena decades ago.

The results are remarkable! 
1 - Takahashi and group see AHE in Cu-Ni alloys, finely powdered, using either H2 or D2 gas.  However, they see NO effects when using Palladium.  (This is in stark contrast to Pons/Fleischmann where effects were claimed ONLY in Palladium, and when using deuterium -- hydrogen/H2O was used as a control!)

2 - Celani and group see AHE in (different) Cu-Ni alloys, Constantin wires.

I wrote the following to Celani (a long-time friend, from the 80's):
Dear Francesco,

Your ICCF21 paper was well done - congratulations!

questions, if I may:
1 - you wrote, " sadly most of the documentation of our old experiments were destroyed by some people at LNF on Feb. 2015. Further work is necessary to improve reliability of the (nice) results (AHE=150W/g; integral of energy over 10MJ/g) obtained by 0.1mm wire."

I don't understand why would people at LNF would destroy your documentation!  can you tell me why they behaved so badly?

2 - Your experiments and those of A Takahashi use Cu-Ni alloys;  have you collaborated with them, or are you just arriving at similar alloys by separate research paths?

3 - Which method gets the more reliable/repeatable results - yours, or Takahashi's?

4 -  Very important:  Takahashi gets AHE using either H2 or D2 - is that true of your experiments also??

5 - Is there a place where other papers from ICCF21 are (or will be) available)?  I have read just yours and Takahashi's-slides so far.

Thank you very much!
Steven Jones

I've downloaded the two papers discussed briefly in my OP, and these are attached for you to enjoy.

And here is Takahashi's paper, where anomalous heat (energy) is observed in Cu-Ni alloys also (but NOT in Palladium - they make a point of that!)  The source of the heat cannot be d-d fusion, since they see as much heat when using H2 as when using D2.

Group: Mad Scientist

Thanks PhysicsProf.  It's good to know the Nickel Fusion/E-Cat groups are still making progress.  It looks like they've already surpassed Rossi's work in the early 2000's.  I remember much debate about what non-nickel materials were in the ECat tubes.

I wonder if it's possible to use liquid rather than H2 gas to catalyze the reactions?  A hydroxide or peroxide perhaps.  Or a solid powder compound that releases H2 upon decomposition at high temperatures.  Something that could simplify the system into single sealed glass tubes that could be modularly dropped right into a system (water heating, flash steam production, efficient water distillation, etc).

---------------------------
When you say something is impossible, you have made it impossible

Thanks PhysicsProf.  It's good to know the Nickel Fusion/E-Cat groups are still making progress.  It looks like they've already surpassed Rossi's work in the early 2000's.  I remember much debate about what non-nickel materials were in the ECat tubes.

I wonder if it's possible to use liquid rather than H2 gas to catalyze the reactions?  A hydroxide or peroxide perhaps.  Or a solid powder compound that releases H2 upon decomposition at high temperatures.  Something that could simplify the system into single sealed glass tubes that could be modularly dropped right into a system (water heating, flash steam production, efficient water distillation, etc).

Yes, good ideas - I've been trying to think of a simplified version also, for table-top experiments.  But both groups require high temps, so liquids are out I think.  A powder releasing H2 is possible...

Has anyone heard of Rossi or E-cat in the last year?  I haven't heard any updates...  He certainly had fantastic claims, and used nickel...

Group: Mad Scientist

I'm thinking a mix of ferromagnetic and diamagnetic materials make the best mix.  Ni+Cu, Ni+Bi, Ni+Pyrolytic Carbon, etc.  Maybe piezoelectric as well, titanium Dioxide?  If it is a NMR/NAR catalyzed reaction, then polarizing magnets would also cause changes in the operating characteristics.

For heating, any ZVS board could make a decent induction heater.  Nickel is ferromagnetic so a borosilicate tube filled with powder should heat up easily.   https://youtu.be/gkcJmbxWjV4?t=83

I have not seen many COP measurements of these setups as well.  I wonder if it would be high enough to drive a flash-steam turbine and electrolyze hydrogen from water on-the-fly?

When you say something is impossible, you have made it impossible

Both groups in the papers I provided take pains to measure Pout and Pin very carefully.  That's the name of the game! 
  The Italian group uses Joule heating of a very thin wire - so this is an efficient heating process and Pin can be readily measured.  Your ZVS induction heater is very cool...  but the input power appears to be huge, around 1800 W.  Too much is wasted, I think, for this type of experiment.
  Perhaps when the devices get scaled up - then your induction furnace idea could be more useful.

Both teams start with H2 (or D2) gas... electrolysis adds a complicating step in these approaches.
   Hope you enjoy the papers!

@PhysicsProf

Hope you are doing well.

Back in December 2017, a good friend of mine arranged a visit at the home of Louis-André Oligny. He lives in my city about 10 minutes away. He patented a hydrogen/heat device as attached below. He is a very learned fellow that deserves some attention. He is getting very up there in years. He had produced this device and had a binder with photos but I did not see it fitting to ask to take a few pictures. He confirms his device works. The thing he is getting across to me is topology, process, expansion limitations all working together. I am sure there is in his works some value to assist in other venues. He speaks fluent English. Maybe there is a way to produce a scaled down version of his device.

He is a very congenial and approachable person that you may want to talk too directly as academicians. Just tell him you are referred by Leon Stepanian (wattsup) via Yves Gagnon.

Keep well.

wattsup

PS: I added a copy because I always look at two pdfs of a same patent to have the drawings on one while I read through the process.

Thank you, Leon.  I'm taking a look at that material!

Group: Guest
Perhaps this is additive to the discussion...
« Last Edit: 2018-09-20, 12:49:40 by WaveWatcher »

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Perhaps this is additive to the discussion...

https://cryptome.org/2018/09/This-Is-Not-Cold-Fusion.pdf

Forebidden link

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Nineteen references, of which 8 are to Steven Krivit's various writings, and 5 more are to the same paper from a 2016 report from the Defense Threat Reduction Agency...
There is nothing new in that article. It would have had more credibility in my eyes had it mentioned any of the many failed attempts at replications or the criticism of the SPAWAR results from other laboratories.

Yes...

I just thought it was interesting that there was further discussion with/from the Navy on this and that it contained some explanations offered that I hadn't heard before.

A few years ago my experiments on this generated unexplained RF. After that, most of my efforts went to explaining the RF. My only results were the ability to vary the frequency and amount of RF energy in a limited fashion.

Interesting, ww.  Yes, a number of these experiments observed unexplained RF...

Can you explain a bit - did you see RF when running an electrolytic cell with H2O?  or something like that?
If so, how (in the world) can you explain the RF?

On the RF...

I recall having a couple of hypothetical explanations but life took over and my experimenting stopped. I'm slowly building my bench and tools back up so I can continue.

I settled on using water (de-ionized and circulated through a hacked water softener resin chamber and the finest filters I could muster from a hardware store). It had a tendency to break down easily when gaps and voltage weren't managed well.

The only conclusive result I had was that the RF frequency was not dependent upon chamber dimensions. Once the color of purple was seen RF around 30mHz with a bandwidth varying around 2mHz was generated.

In the end I thought I should call it a RASER (MASER at HF) but a lot of work was needed before I claimed anything.

On the RF...

I recall having a couple of hypothetical explanations but life took over and my experimenting stopped. I'm slowly building my bench and tools back up so I can continue.

I settled on using water (de-ionized and circulated through a hacked water softener resin chamber and the finest filters I could muster from a hardware store). It had a tendency to break down easily when gaps and voltage weren't managed well.

The only conclusive result I had was that the RF frequency was not dependent upon chamber dimensions. Once the color of purple was seen RF around 30mHz with a bandwidth varying around 2mHz was generated.

In the end I thought I should call it a RASER (MASER at HF) but a lot of work was needed before I claimed anything.

Still, very interesting (to me) results, to get RF in those experiments.

Could you say a little more about the set up?  DC or AC at what voltage?  what were the electrodes' material? 
The electrolyte was...?

At that time I was trying everything I could imagine. My memory is not good for details of best performance.

I'll see what my notes say and get back to you.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 04:59:03