PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-20, 02:23:19
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: about those magnets ....25KW in Vegas and other places too  (Read 7430 times)
Group: Professor

Thanks, Chet - and Smudge.

"the Engine fires a small electromagnetic charge measuring about 52-watts. This charge allows the opposing fuel sources to “see” each other, and can produce significant force to spin the large flywheel mass. " 

A quantitative statement (52-watts), but how do they measure this - and what is "a small electromagnetic charge"?  makes little sense.

Having looked at that "magnetic diode" work
https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.121.213903
where they use a spinning U shaped conductor to create assymmetrical coupling between two coils inside the U, maybe some form of a conductive spinning disc between two magnets will create assymmetry.  Just a thought.
Smudge

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Note that this mechanism is intrinsically lossy; one needs to add energy to the system in order to keep the conductor
moving at a constant velocity and overcome the magnetic friction originating from the induced eddy currents.

Finally, we remark that these results are also valid for low-frequency oscillating magnetic fields. We analytically
solve the problem of a z-oriented magnetic dipole, whose moment oscillates as (formula). For (formula),
one finds that the magnetic field distribution is the same as for the static case, simply modulated by a (formula) function
[18]
. Therefore, even for low-frequency oscillating magnetic sources and circuits, the moving conductor is able
to generate a maximally asymmetric magnetic coupling between them.

These measurements convincingly demonstrate that magnetic reciprocity is broken and that
points of infinite isolation (for which the measured voltage is zero for positive rotation frequency but different from
zero for negative) are generated by means of a moving conductor.

mmm now where have I seen something like this that exhibited low frequency vibration before?

note sorry, could not effectively cut and paste the formula, so pdf attached.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Experimentalist

A primary winding induces a current in a moving copper mass and the current in the copper mass induces a current in a secondary winding.
As copper moves from primary to secondary, the effect of secondary on primary will not be the same as that of primary on secondary, due to the copper induced currents that always move away from primary. So in terms of mutual induction, M12 ≠ M21.

I had looked closely at this paper when it came out.
Non-reciprocity M12 ≠ M21 does not imply a victory against Lenz's law.
Indeed, if copper were static and secondary open, the primary would behave as a purely reactive inductance, and no energy would be dissipated except for the usual losses in the resistance of the winding and the copper mass.
But as copper moves away, part of the induced currents cannot return to the primary winding, the system is no longer purely reactive, it is as if it radiated. Seen from the primary, energy is consumed.
The part of the energy carried away can be used by the secondary, and if it is not, it will be dissipated in the copper or will return after one turn if the copper dissipates little, for example because it is at superconducting temperature.

The best model seems to me to be radiation. The energy is mechanically carried away in the form of current loops in the copper mass. This could lead to interesting applications.
I also wondered how to apply the same principle by replacing the association of currents/magnetic fields with voltages/electrical fields. I think that an insulating disc rotating as a common dielectric under two plates side by side, and another common plate on the other side of the dielectric, could give an identical non-reciprocal effect between the two capacitors, but with less losses.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

mmm now where have I seen something like this that exhibited low frequency vibration before?

note sorry, could not effectively cut and paste the formula, so pdf attached.
Thanks for that paper Ion, I had only seen the abstract and images.  I note that they are considering graphene with its high electron mobility as a candidate for an  implementation that does not rely on mechanical movement.  That suggests to me that there could be other candidates such as gas discharge tubes, and that might gel with the technobabble of "firing a small electro-magnetic charge".

Another possibility is a ferromagnetic sheet between the magnets, which for a rotary system would be a ferromagnetic cylinder between the rotor and the stator.  Then the opposing magnets can't "see" each other.  But if coils on the sheet have current discharged through them at the right times they could locally saturate the sheet thus opening "magnetic windows" allowing the magnets alongside those windows to temporally "see" each other.
Smudge

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I was thinking more in terms of vibrating wires rather than a rotating disc of copper.

At any rate, the ideas presented by Smudge and F6FLT may have merit.

regards

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Ambassador

Acca made a movie re: IEC's working principle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksltXUWRvh4   

Buy me a beer
Hard disc drive magnets, have we not seen something like that before?

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

I think the below may explains a similar operating principal.

Travel distances extended by linking pairs of magnets. Magnet V1 is connected to Magnet H2 of another pair. (a) A repulsive force (red arrow) exists in the polar plane between magnets V1 and H1. No significant force exists between magnets V2 and H2. The repulsive force in the polar plane acting on magnet V1 moves magnet V1 away from magnet H1 and tows magnet H2 toward magnet V2. When magnet H2 moves closer to magnet V2 an attractive force (blue arrow) in the equatorial plane begins to pull magnet H2 towards magnet V2. This attractive force will increase in strength as magnet H2 moves closer to magnet V2 allowing magnet H2 to tow magnet V1 further away from magnet H1; (b) Magnets V1 and H2 have traveled a further distance that either would have traveled alone.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-28, 23:17:24 by gotoluc »

« Last Edit: 2019-03-28, 23:36:48 by gotoluc »

Buy me some coffee
Acca made a movie re: IEC's working principle

Oh dear.

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

The author of the video wrote:
"As conventional "electro-dynamic" model also says that magnetism is all the same, electrical generated magnetism is VERY different from a permanent magnetic flux... "

That's false, pure misinformation. It's only an opinion from a guy that doesn't understand the "electro-dynamic model"

I put this comment:
"These magnets have 2 x 2 poles which are reversed, the magnetization being transverse to the thickness. It's like two magnets side by side, one of which is reversed from the other. This type of magnet was already used 20 years ago to control the read heads of old SCSI hard disks.
There is no limit to the number of poles of a magnet, it depends only on how they are magnetized, but there are only poles N and S.
It's incredible the banalities and idiocies of all these incompetent people who rediscover warm water and announce it to us as a scoop to make buzz"

Is it possible to have an array of magnets, in a disk, such that one side has a strong NORTH pole, but the other side has very little magnetic field?

Buy me some coffee
Ok,so i was watching the video below,and seen something odd.

Watch from 4:25.
How exactly dose the razor blade accelerate away from the magnet,do a U turn,then accelerate toward the magnet ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bA2OMRcxKo

Brad

Group: Tech Wizard

Is it possible to have an array of magnets, in a disk, such that one side has a strong NORTH pole, but the other side has very little magnetic field?

I think yes if you can put up with a magnetizable disk material (you have not specified what material the disk should have). 

So you need a ferromagnetic steel plate like you see at the bottom right of this link:
  http://www.mylampparts.com/Departments/CHECK-RINGS/STEEL-ROUND-FLAT-PLATES.aspx 

and you can glue the array of flat rectangular magnets that all face the steel disk with their South poles, see such magnets: 
 https://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=11&scri=27&scri=28&scri=35&scri=36&scri=40&scri=41   or flat cylinder magnets if you prefer them.

You can use two such disks fastened to each other if their thickness is not enough to prevent any leakage flux that might come out on the other side.  Or use thicker steel or iron plate as a start, leakage also depends on the strength of the magnets.

Gyula

Ok,so i was watching the video below,and seen something odd.

Watch from 4:25.
How exactly dose the razor blade accelerate away from the magnet,do a U turn,then accelerate toward the magnet ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bA2OMRcxKo

Brad

The plate must have had remanent magnetism in it from earlier tests, so it behaved as a weak magnet which was repelled out from his palm and then attracted back in U turn.  He carefully moved the plate horizontally where it was almost floating in the field from which it "escaped".

EDIT added a snapshot from the steel plate the moment it was "captured" and stand vertically at an earlier time.

Gyula

Buy me some coffee
The plate must have had remanent magnetism in it from earlier tests, so it behaved as a weak magnet which was repelled out from his palm and then attracted back in U turn.  He carefully moved the plate horizontally where it was almost floating in the field from which it "escaped".

EDIT added a snapshot from the steel plate the moment it was "captured" and stand vertically at an earlier time.

Gyula

Well that could be it.

Starting to think this might be the real deal.

Brad

Thanks, Gyula - another approach is to form a Halbach array of magnets.

Well that could be it.

Brad

Is there any way these guys in Vegas would allow us to SEE/TEST the Output/Input energy?

Group: Ambassador

supposedly a thorough test with an independent unaffiliated lab is being scheduled ?

not sure of how this motor is assembled , its huge at 6000lbs [is that right ??]

will they open it up ?

Verpies posted the new record for batteries and energy density some where ?"?

6000lbs of super duper batteries  25-40 KW load ??

Here is the link where there is much discussion and one of the investors has been quite active in supporting  further investigation .[scroll to bottom after "subscribe" ]

I believe Mr.K. Walsh is putting his money where his mouth is and asking for skeptics to place 100,000.00 US winner take all Bets against a scam [if its proven a scam Walsh looses .

it is las Vegas after all....[they're probably running bets somewhere already .

https://revolution-green.com/
« Last Edit: 2019-04-01, 15:44:42 by Chet K »

Brad

Yes, I agree and my previous post is not how this device works.

Below is google street location of the running unit in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkuteW_Q9k

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.2300352,-115.1262356,3a,30y,310.82h,89.86t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRZzwDUi8mL0gsBfHQAOx9Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Business (SRI) web and address
http://www.shootingrangeindustries.com/contact-us/
Shooting Range Industries, LLC
3885 Rockbottom St
N. Las Vegas, NV 89030
(702) 362-3623

Shipping container shooting range: https://youtu.be/P0UTJzy8xAA

They are a very serious business and I guess they want to offer an off the grid shipping container shooting range option for training anywhere a shipping container can be dropped off.

Regards
Luc

Thanks, Gyula - another approach is to form a Halbach array of magnets.

Well, here is a patent on a better magnet array which outperforms the Halbach array by almost 200%:

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?FT=D&date=20130820&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP&CC=US&NR=8514047B2&KC=B2&ND=4#   

See the performance comparison in the Table, in Figure 8.

Gyula

In these magnetization configurations, everything is always in accordance with Maxwell's equations. The flux extends in one area more than in the other, i. e. in the other, it is confined, the flux lines are tightened there.
But the lines are still looped and the looped flux is still constant along the loop. This does not affect the conservativity of the flux, divB=0, and therefore it does not affect the fact that the magnetic force is conservative, so that the work it performs does not depend on the path. In a cycle, it is zero.
Such magnetizations cannot explain the IEC motor.

Thanks, Gyula.
"They are a very serious business and I guess they want to offer an off the grid shipping container shooting range option for training anywhere a shipping container can be dropped off.

Regards
Luc"

How much are they asking?  Also, is there any opportunity for a few of us to actually take a look at their device in Vegas?

In these magnetization configurations, everything is always in accordance with Maxwell's equations. The flux extends in one area more than in the other, i. e. in the other, it is confined, the flux lines are tightened there.
But the lines are still looped and the looped flux is still constant along the loop. This does not affect the conservativity of the flux, divB=0, and therefore it does not affect the fact that the magnetic force is conservative, so that the work it performs does not depend on the path. In a cycle, it is zero.
Such magnetizations cannot explain the IEC motor.

Yes, what you state is true however, what if one were to apply clever uses for these concentrated fields.  For example, check out this inventor's application and his claims-

https://www.voanews.com/a/can-better-electric-motor-save-planet/4235140.html

I've attached below just one of his three granted patents on the subject.

Regards,
Pm

"Because conventional electric motors use magnets and electromagnets with equal polarity (i.e. 50% north pole and 50% south pole), Catalan says half of the magnetic energy is always directed away from the air-gap, leading to poor utilization of available energy."

However, the efficiency of the best conventional electric motors has long since reached 95%.
So where did the lies come from?

Not from Robert Catalan. Catalan does not say that the efficiency of conventional engines is 50%, but only the part of the flux that is actually used.

So let's read between the lines. Catalan makes better use of magnetic flux. So the advantage of his motor is for example that by almost doubling the flux on the useful side, it can use a smaller weight of magnetic mass. This can improve angular acceleration in engine speed changes, but in no way "save the planet".

When the journalist says: "his motor in its final form would provide nearly twice as much power or torque as a conventional motor using exactly the same amount of energy", it means that he doesn't understand anything, or acts as if he doesn't understand anything to make his article catchy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-20, 02:23:19