PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 06:40:40
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Ricks best video's  (Read 57697 times)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Indeed, he is quite good at what he does...

right up there with Rosemary Ainsley and Wilbyinebriated (among others).

Buy me some coffee
Indeed, he is quite good at what he does...

right up there with Rosemary Ainsley and Wilbyinebriated (among others).
No facts, no science just prejudice and no challenges from EEs who demand proof.
Says it all about the commitment to prove matters on this site.

---------------------------
Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

No Facts, no science, a lot of assumptions... indeed is what one observes with Rick.

Since when does the burden of proof lay on the audience?

The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim.

Back in early 2006 I worked extensively with Eric Vogels on this stuff. Eric did some nice pulse motor builds and I did the coil driver designs. After many variations and testing, we never observed any gains, or extended battery charge.

This was back when I incorrectly referred to inductive kickback as "cemf" (like most others). The attached design is basic but worked well. I was also looking ahead for a better process, as seen in the version 7 drawing, but work on this ceased after it was determined there were no gains.

Group: Experimentalist

No facts, no science just prejudice and no challenges from EEs who demand proof.
Says it all about the commitment to prove matters on this site.

Have you been following Itsu's attempted replication of Rick's resonance coil setup?  If so, what is your opinion of the outcome as it is COP<1?  Do you have any suggestions for him or is this what you expected?

Regards,
Pm

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Back in early 2006 I worked extensively with Eric Vogels on this stuff. Eric did some nice pulse motor builds and I did the coil driver designs. After many variations and testing, we never observed any gains, or extended battery charge.

This was back when I incorrectly referred to inductive kickback as "cemf" (like most others). The attached design is basic but worked well. I was also looking ahead for a better process, as seen in the version 7 drawing, but work on this ceased after it was determined there were no gains.

Hi Darren

Which program would you recommend for drawing up circuit's?--like the ones you just posted.

Thanks

Brad

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Brad,

For my "pretty" schematics and other misc drafting, I use the old Visio 2000 (before MS bought them).

But everyone is using Kicad these days. It is free, and is a proper schematic capture AND PCB layout program!

Check out what else I did with Visio recently (for my pedal PCB layouts). I find it very handy for many things.

Also, here is the schematic for a 50's Valco Stage Star amplifier I repaired, restored, and traced out, as there is no schematic available for it. Partzman might appreciate this one.

Buy me some coffee
Brad,

For my "pretty" schematics and other misc drafting, I use the old Visio 2000 (before MS bought them).

But everyone is using Kicad these days. It is free, and is a proper schematic capture AND PCB layout program!

Check out what else I did with Visio recently (for my pedal PCB layouts). I find it very handy for many things.

Also, here is the schematic for a 50's Valco Stage Star amplifier I repaired, restored, and traced out, as there is no schematic available for it. Partzman might appreciate this one.

Thanks Darren

I just want to make my schematics look a little more professional for an up and coming project,as windows paint just doesn't cut the mustard anymore  ;D

Brad

You might also try

EasyEDA

I would however suggest Visio 2000 though if you can find it. I do have it, but not sure how we could make it available for download.

Buy me some coffee
You might also try

EasyEDA

I would however suggest Visio 2000 though if you can find it. I do have it, but not sure how we could make it available for download.

We have found on the 3d printer thread,that packing stl files into zip folders works well.
Maybe it would also work for program's as well ?.

Brad

Buy me some coffee
Have you been following Itsu's attempted replication of Rick's resonance coil setup?  If so, what is your opinion of the outcome as it is COP<1?  Do you have any suggestions for him or is this what you expected?

Regards,
Pm
He could have a go at this:  https://overunity.com/17491/confirmation-of-ou-devices-and-claims/msg537699/#msg537699

And try charging a car battery.

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

So what were your results?

Brad,

Darren,

Nice work but wait.... what are those round thingys with squiggly lines?  C.C

Pm

He could have a go at this:  https://overunity.com/17491/confirmation-of-ou-devices-and-claims/msg537699/#msg537699

And try charging a car battery.

Thanks for the response and it will be up to Itsu to give it a try.  The problem is, there is not not much detail and you yourself said that you were not able to determine if there was any gain.

Also I would like to address a statement by RF that you quoted  "Rick made an interesting claim: Resonance is a gain. In a series resonance circuit the input amperage remains the same as the circulating current in  the resonant coil. At the same time the voltage inside the resonant coil goes higher up to 144 times. So a simple V x A = watts indicates OU of course."

This statement alone is reason enough that Rick and yourself caught so much flack on this forum.  Do you understand the difference between VA and VAR?  Resonance circuits produce voltages and currents that out-of-phase and therefore their product is in VARs or volts x amps x cosine phase angle theta reactive.  This is not real power like in-phase volts x amps or VA.  So, to make a claim that resonance circuits are OU because when you multiply the resonant current times the resonant voltage you get a number (so called watts) that is higher than the input watts to the resonant circuit without considering the phase angle theta, is just plain nonsense.  What it does reveal is that someone lacks the correct understanding of reactive power measurements, period!

Regards,
Pm

Edit: Added cosine
« Last Edit: 2019-08-03, 15:34:55 by partzman »

Buy me some coffee
Thanks for the response and it will be up to Itsu to give it a try.  The problem is, there is not not much detail and you yourself said that you were not able to determine if there was any gain.

Also I would like to address a statement by RF that you quoted  "Rick made an interesting claim: Resonance is a gain. In a series resonance circuit the input amperage remains the same as the circulating current in  the resonant coil. At the same time the voltage inside the resonant coil goes higher up to 144 times. So a simple V x A = watts indicates OU of course."

This statement alone is reason enough that Rick and yourself caught so much flack on this forum.  Do you understand the difference between VA and VAR?  Resonance circuits produce voltages and currents that out-of-phase and therefore their product is in VARs or volts x amps x cosine phase angle theta reactive.  This is not real power like in-phase volts x amps or VA.  So, to make a claim that resonance circuits are OU because when you multiply the resonant current times the resonant voltage you get a number (so called watts) that is higher than the input watts to the resonant circuit without considering the phase angle theta, is just plain nonsense.  What it does reveal is that someone lacks the correct understanding of reactive power measurements, period!

Regards,
Pm

Edit: Added cosine
I am fully aware of the var situation. Look at my suffix.
In resonance analysis I always ask myself the question. Why did Tesla perform a resonance experiment on a 10 storey building using a battery operated adapted double bell, and succeed in nearly bringing the building down at resonance? It clearly is not power in = power out. Now Tesla was an electrical engineer - so why go into mechanics? It is obvious that he was testing his theory and wanted a real world example.  Calling me ignorant on this is not the right way to go on.
I ask Itsu to do the experiment because he is much better than me at calculating joules in versus joules out.
It's just a hint.... ^-^

I didn't see partzman calling you ignorant.

What he did do is try to explain some things, and point out that lack of understanding, assumptions, estimates, and speculations aren't convincing to anyone.

You're correct that it isn't only power that gets things resonating in an amplifying fashion, it is time as well. A resonating system is an energy storage device, not a device that produces an energy gain from input to output.

When you truly understand that, you will know why resonance is not free energy.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-03, 18:21:22 by poynt99 »

Buy me some coffee
I didn't see partzman calling you ignorant.

What he did do is try to explain some things, and point out that lack of understanding, assumptions, estimates, and speculations aren't convincing to anyone.

You're correct that it isn't only power that gets things resonating in an amplifying fashion, it is time as well. A resonating system is an energy storage device, not a device that produces an energy gain from input to output.

When you truly understand that, you will know why resonance is not free energy.
Well, that is where we differ.  Tesla's experiment showed that resonance can be a gain.
So if you look at the four types of electricity - ac, dc, and their pulsed variations and then impulse and oscillatory you see that conventional physics addresses the first two ie ac and dc and their pulsed variations.
I am not going to go into my experiments here except to say that I have seen the experiments Rick has done and he has explained some mysteries to me.
I have shown you a picture on this site of me holding a live spark plug.  Result:  no comments.
That pic  is nearly  a decade ago.
Anyway Rick is going back to basics and will be explaining the technology step by step.  So when his new site is ready we can all have a good look at it.
Rick has been working with this technology for nearly 30 years and 15 years in the limelight.  He knows the difference between VA and VAR, I can assure you.
The only problem with the Benitez tech is that it is not cost effective compared to solar panel prices especially if you do solar DIY style.
You can get a 260 watt solar panel for £100 . (120 US dollars approx).  Assuming that the panel works for 1/3 of the time that's over 85 watts of free energy per hour  on average for  a 100 quid.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-03, 18:52:01 by Aking.21 »

Well, that is where we differ.  Tesla's experiment showed that resonance can be a gain.
No, it didn't show that resonance is a gain. It is your incorrect interpretation of the experiment and result, and lack of understanding  of resonance that has led you to that conclusion.

Let me give you an analogy that may help explain why a storage device (resonant system) is not free energy.

- Say you have an empty 1 gallon pail suspended by a rope 3 feet off the ground. Empty, the pail exhibits a potential energy we will cal "Ep" of some baseline value X.

- You begin taking pebbles off of a pile on the ground, and dropping them in the pail. You do this until the pail is full, at which time you are tired from lifting all those pebbles into the pail.

- The pail now exhibits an Ep of XK, where K is some factor that has increased the value of Ep significantly.

- Would you agree that the stored Ep in the pail is much greater than when the pail was empty?

- Would you agree that no matter how quickly or slowly the pebbles are poured out of the pail, or if the rope is cut so the pail drops with AG to the ground, that there has been no net gain in energy? (all the added energy stored in the pail was put there by you). A pail is not a resonant system, but it can be used to store potential energy, hence the analogy.

With a resonant system, small amounts of power are transferred over time to the system, and with no load and no losses, it will store that energy indefinitely. The greater and greater amounts of stored energy in an LC resonant system for example, result in a growth in the voltage and current amplitudes. However, the over all energy stored in this LC resonator is not greater than the total amount of energy that was imparted to it over time.

Buy me some coffee
No, it didn't show that resonance is a gain. It is your incorrect interpretation of the experiment and result, and lack of understanding  of resonance that has led you to that conclusion.

Let me give you an analogy that may help explain why a storage device (resonant system) is not free energy.

- Say you have an empty 1 gallon pail suspended by a rope 3 feet off the ground. Empty, the pail exhibits a potential energy we will cal "Ep" of some baseline value X.

- You begin taking pebbles off of a pile on the ground, and dropping them in the pail. You do this until the pail is full, at which time you are tired from lifting all those pebbles into the pail.

- The pail now exhibits an Ep of XK, where K is some factor that has increased the value of Ep significantly.

- Would you agree that the stored Ep in the pail is much greater than when the pail was empty?

- Would you agree that no matter how quickly or slowly the pebbles are poured out of the pail, or if the rope is cut so the pail drops with AG to the ground, that there has been no net gain in energy? (all the added energy stored in the pail was put there by you). A pail is not a resonant system, but it can be used to store potential energy, hence the analogy.

With a resonant system, small amounts of power are transferred over time to the system, and with no load and no losses, it will store that energy indefinitely. The greater and greater amounts of stored energy in an LC resonant system for example, result in a growth in the voltage and current amplitudes. However, the over all energy stored in this LC resonator is not greater than the total amount of energy that was imparted to it over time.
If you calculate the total energy too to build "Tesla's" 10 storey building then there is no gain in half an hour.  But what if the building was built to sustain the input indefinitely?
So now to your pail analogy.

I think you agree that F = MA  or A (acceleration) =F (force)/ M (mass).
 ie A = F/M
So if I gently pushed your pail with my little finger  at resonance eventually this is what would happen.
At the top of the swing the pail would be weightless, therefore mass would be zero.
So now the equation looks like this  A = F/M
or A = F/0 = infinity.
So there is your proof.

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: Aking.21
At the top of the swing the pail would be weightless, therefore mass would be zero.

Error!  Incorrect assumption!

When one jumps into the air does one disappear?

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

I am fully aware of the var situation. Look at my suffix.
In resonance analysis I always ask myself the question. Why did Tesla perform a resonance experiment on a 10 storey building using a battery operated adapted double bell, and succeed in nearly bringing the building down at resonance? It clearly is not power in = power out. Now Tesla was an electrical engineer - so why go into mechanics? It is obvious that he was testing his theory and wanted a real world example.  Calling me ignorant on this is not the right way to go on.
I ask Itsu to do the experiment because he is much better than me at calculating joules in versus joules out.
It's just a hint.... ^-^

The problem with this setup is the earth ground at the 2th AC terminal of the FWBR.

This will cause that all scope probe ground leads cannot be connected anywhere else to make proper input voltage / current calculations.

Please see the attached diagram which i ASSUME is how it is connected.

So NO gate driver, just direct driven from the battery operated FG.

I use DMM's for (dc) voltage and current measurements on the charge battery side and my current probe for doing current measurment in the input line.

It shows that the battery is hardly charged (1mA) while the FG input shows 12mA rms input current.
I know without any voltages it does not say anything, but to me its clear there is no gain there.

video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpCRehg1ZOs&feature=youtu.be

Edit:  i changed the diagram to have the input to the FWBR from inbetween the L and var C and not from the FG input.

Itsu
« Last Edit: 2019-08-04, 10:46:36 by Itsu »

Itsu,

You really only need one diode to feed the charge battery. Try replacing it with a Schottky diode like a MUR1520 or something similar.

Will that resolve the grounding issue? (I'm not sure I understand what the issue is).

Buy me some coffee

The problem with this setup is the earth ground at the 2th AC terminal of the FWBR.

This will cause that all scope probe ground leads cannot be connected anywhere else to make proper input voltage / current calculations.

Please see the attached diagram which i ASSUME is how it is connected.

So NO gate driver, just direct driven from the battery operated FG.

I use DMM's for (dc) voltage and current measurements on the charge battery side and my current probe for doing current measurment in the input line.

It shows that the battery is hardly charged (1mA) while the FG input shows 12mA rms input current.
I know without any voltages it does not say anything, but to me its clear there is no gain there.

video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpCRehg1ZOs&feature=youtu.be

Itsu

Out of curiosity,could you try the circuit mod below Itsu ?

Brad

Group: Mad Scientist

Out of curiosity,could you try the circuit mod below Itsu ?

Brad

Hey Brad

I see in Itsus circuit, he has a ground source for electrons to charge the 12v batt neg side.  In your circuit, where does the 12 neg side get its electrons to charge?

Mags

Buy me some coffee
Hey Brad

I see in Itsus circuit, he has a ground source for electrons to charge the 12v batt neg side.  In your circuit, where does the 12 neg side get its electrons to charge?

Mags

The electrons already exist within the battery.
The circuit mod i provided will act as an electron pump,where electrons are drawn from the positive side of the battery,and returned to the negative side of the battery.

Drawing electrons from the ground is a myth--a sale's pitch.
The ground connection is nothing more than a capacitive coupling to the TX coil--and a poor one at that.
That is why Itsu's current flow into the battery is very low.

Brad

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 06:40:40