PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 21:05:10
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Microgreen project  (Read 2364 times)

Group: Professor

Everyman decries immorality
Broccoli Florets

Good news on compact broccoli growing. I planted 4 and ended up with 6. They are doing very well and should be finished in 2 to 4 weeks, in a single self watering container. They require a lot of water!

---------------------------
Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: EvolvingApe
I planted 4 and ended up with 6.

Amazing! :o

Is this a new form of OverUnity? ???

How did you accomplish this COP? ;)

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Amazing! :o

Is this a new form of OverUnity? ???

How did you accomplish this COP? ;)

;D

It seems that the poo mix I used was so nutrient rich that it encouraged an offshoot from the main plant to grow at 90 degrees near the soil for approximately 4 inches then turn vertical for a second plant off the same root system. This is my best guess as I am not a gardener by trade, it's just a minor hobby.

This may be a similar phenomenon to pollarding where severing the main trunk encourages multiple side growths that turn vertical.

Linear trees are also interesting, I have four.

Four Pot Grown Dwarf Patio PILLAR Fruit Trees Mini Orchard

https://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/garden-plants/fruit-trees/patio-fruit-trees/four-pot-grown-dwarf-patio-pillar-fruit-trees-mini-orchard

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.

My Braeburn pillar apple tree will have a 1 meter square footprint and will crop very heavily. I am told they take a young branch and graft it onto a trunk and root ball so it grows vertical only with pruning and not horizontal.

Pretty cool should get all four in an artificial grow box 600 to 1200 watts should do it!

Pretty cool!  ;D

We need power!

A modest garden trampoline kind of size for reference.

3.5 meter diameter and 4m tall.

3.5m d and 3m high has a cylinder volume of 28.863m³

This equals 28863 kg/f acting on a piston 0.17m diameter generates a pressure of 1808 psi.

A 3kW hydraulic motor generator requires 1500 psi at a rate of 6 GPM which equates to 22.7 liters per minute.

A 0.17 meter diameter piston with a height of 1m has a volume of 22.7 liters.

Therefore we have 60 seconds runtime.

A two tower system gives us a capacity factor of 0.997 allowing for one day per year downtime for maintenance.

This is the equivalent of a solar panel system of 12 kW with a capacity factor of 0.25.

You can also put a solar panel system on top so 12kW + 3 kW = 15 kW from a 3.5 X 7 meter footprint which is 24m².

Having fun yet?  O0

Three Gorges Dam on verge of breaking, CCP not reporting

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/three-gorges-dam-on-verge-of-breaking-ccp-not-reporting/

Has there ever been a more important time for hhop gen 4 open loop technology?

No rivers need diverting, no populations displaced, no ecosystems thousands of miles long destroyed.

No dams that will eventually break potentially killing millions.

Localised power along the entire length of the river, the river will barely notice.

Power station run off pools that feed the river with wildlife, responsibly managed.

No change to the Earth's rotational speed due to massive hoarding of water in an unnatural surface position.

I could go on... but do I need to?

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Hey Rob.

Can you point me to the area where I " actually " discovered the potential of your hhop gen 4 ( open ) cycle system please? I seem to recall mentioning a " tidal "  system?

Cheers Graham.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Hello mate,

Well I can't remember where we were discussing this subject. Your observation that the gen 4 system creates high pressure output from a low pressure but high mass flow water source was spot on.

I remember we discussed the Bay of Fundy in Canada:

Where is the highest tide?

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/highesttide.html

Tidal use of the gen 4 was your idea, I favour rivers, but tidal could work by charging a massive reservoir at high tide and running the gen 4 with discharge at low tide.

List of rivers by discharge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rivers_by_discharge

This is a list of rivers by their average discharge, that is, their water flow rate. Here, only those rivers are shown whose discharge is more than 2,000 cubic metres per second (530,000 US gal/s; 440,000 impgal/s; 2,000,000 L/s). For context, the volume of an Olympic-size swimming pool is 2,500 cubic metres. So the flow rate at the mouth of the Amazon is sufficient to fill more than 83 such pools each second.

A quick update on the progress of the 🌻

I have about 20 growing in the same pot in about 12 inches of soil.

All seem to be going to flower with some more advanced than others.

I am particularly pleased with this experiment because sunflower seeds are a microgreen top 5 contender and they may be suited to highly compact growing...

Quantity and quality of viable seed may be the ultimate test, time will tell...

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 21:05:10