PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 20:55:54
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ROTOVERTER  (Read 24251 times)

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
I have a friend that said he has a rotoverter and it provides 80% of his energy requirements (electricity that is).

I found this science fair report interesting (From USC):
http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/History/2008/Projects/S0801.pdf
The students do state that they produced excess reactive power, and mention two possible methods of extracting this.

Anyone have any experience with the Rotoverter?

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Rotoverter

Hector says you can loop the system.

Patrick has useful stuff around page 31:
http://www.free-energy-info.com/Chapter2.pdf

(I say "around" because as he includes new material, the page numbers
will change).

Group: Ambassador

This Gent is a straight up guy ,that seems to be having trouble,despite Hugh effort!
From here  http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8227.new#new
I Flew My Own
Quote;

I have a 600 lb. rotoverter on my driveway. 25 horse power 1160 rpm. It will run on an 120 volt ac lamp cord. It is supposed to pull over 30 amps at 460 volts. This is my third and largest rotoverter. I could never be sure on the small ones if my measurements were correct. Now I am sure. I tested with the Phil Woods double plug and dc motor system and just with a prony brake and analog ammeter. It is never over unity. At it's best it can be tuned to put out 1 hp using about 2% more energy than 746 watts. In other words it is a dud. Who wants a 600 lb. one horsepower motor... It has to be re-tuned for each load. Tesla was the greatest motor man who ever lived. Where is his rotoverter patent? If there is anyone who would like to prove me wrong on this they are welcome to come here and test this. I would love to be wrong. And no I won't spend any more time on it. Anyone who wants to use it may do so just as long as they come here and spend their time.
Garry
 ------------------------
Chet

Group: Guest
I watch rotoverter work with mild interest. My results were much the same. Possible cost savings if you build a controller to handle idle rpms. 

What gets me is some recent inventor gets the credit when farmers have been doing this for many decades. It is a solution for operating 3 phase motors on single phase. The efficiency is always very poor except when idling. They all run like a badly timed Harley V. 

More from bolt
--------------------------------------

No one ever said RV is OU but its a VERY efficient motor like 99%.  It can never go OU within itself unless method used to cover the 1% losses. If it could and it has happened under certain pulse drive conditions the motor goes into incremental frequency latches and accelerated to 30,000 rpm and explodes like a bomb.

Best I seen is 10HP motor running on 11 watts. So where does the energy come from which is actually driving the motor? The answer is magnetic! Like newman the "power" in converts to VARS and high volts no amps creates local electron spin stress creates high magnetic fields. Its this which drives the motor the 11 watts is just the "energiser". To see this in action is 1000 times more exhilarating than any joule theif flashing an LED or Bedini bicycle wheel:)

BUT it can go OU when driving another 3 phase motor and use the 3rd phase leading edge as gain typical 1.618 by the book and i have seen it draw 100 watts and provide 160 watts o/p on several occasions. Or you can drive a single phase motor and use that to recover the losses to the prime mover. This method has been looped and documented using pulley 5:1 ratio, banks of caps and 1000 watt inverter to get the thing started.

The best gains are when RV drives an axial perm mag generator. Or you can make one by modifying off shelf 3 phase motor and fit neos on the rotor to make a synchronous generator. This will provide a PF >1 back into the mains supply and drastically lower the electric bill.

I don't have time to trawl the net to show you all the experiments but looping is real i seen it too many times on private skype calls not everyone likes to shout about looping. This one of the better ones. A good neo generator is OU only needs the gearing sorted and cap bank to loop it. THis Would work perfectly without water RV driven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhwQt1tJYa8

Magnetic drives greatly reduce losses they are also 99% coupling devices. See youtube Donald Duck motor 100 watts i/p for 157 watts o/p.

Chet:

I looked at that "Selfrunning free energy machine" based on the guy aiming a water hose at a water-wheel attached to a generator.  Then it is supposed to self-run where the water pump runs off of the generator.  I saw it the first time a few years ago.

I know that you are only quoting "Bolt."  That is an absolute garbage clip.  I can't prove that to you literally.  This is where you have to use your instincts and common sense and your engineering sense.

It's just complete and utter nonsense.  The light bulb is being powered by the AC mains power.  I don't know why someone would actually make a clip like that.  I can only assume that it's possible that the same psychology behind Mylow is at work on this clip.

MileHigh

Well MH
More from bolt

Quote from: iflewmyown on October 30, 2010, 05:51:48 PM@GK
The rotoverter is a myth in my opinion. It is an efficient motor but I don't need a 600 lb. one horsepower motor. Joseph Newman has a similar problem in that his machine puts a tiny fraction of horsepower for its size. I have a pump in a solar tank of 4000 gallons that will pump the same gallons as Newman's multi-ton setup. It uses ten times as much energy as Newman's (400 versus 44 watts) but Newman's setup would not even fit in my tank which is 8' x8'.
Garry
-------------------------------
bolt
Garry,

Hector advised you NOT to use a 600lb motor as RV efficiency works best on motors 3 to 10 HP. Also while RV works to about 1/4 plated value this is only true for 50/60Hz operation. Now you are stuck with a monster on your drive which requires a crane to move it.

This means a 10hp motor usually only 72% efficient can run at 99% efficient at 2.5 HP in RV mode.

If you need 50 HP from a 10hp motor while running it in pure RV mode then change the bearings to HS ceramics, balance the rotor and run it at 30,000RPM and you get your 50HP. The faster you run the more horses:) Of course needs pulse drive and will still idle on a few watts at full speed.

Now can you see why Newman motor is only a demonstrator of resonance technology but impracticable? RV is good off the shelf and can be tweaked at very low cost ie bearings and frequency drive will piss over anything else bang for bucks. Even Newman knows this as stated in his video "speed is power" but his pile of junk motor can hardly muster  300 rpm LOL

More from bolt

No one ever said RV is OU but its a VERY efficient motor like 99%.
I'm not sure this is true. I have heard reports that, correctly built, it outputs many
muliples if its input.

More from bolt

No one ever said RV is OU

I know this isn't true. Every time I called Bolt on one of his 'statements of fact' he spewed a list of existing OU and he always included the rotoverter as one example.

Ah, forget it. Arguing with Bolt is like trying to reason with a 'fire-N-brimstone' minister. He has plenty of faith, the need to be a messiah, too many sheeples ready to join the revival and an obvious lack of experimental experience.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 20:55:54