PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 20:53:28
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8x overunity from joule thief?  (Read 5883 times)

Was searching for a better boost converter design when I found this---https://www.homemade-circuits.com/8x-overunity-circuit-using-joule-thief/

In this post we learn about a unique 8x overunity circuit quite resembling a joule thief design which was created by one of the noted researcher Professor Steven E. Jones while experimenting with a simple overunity concept.

Has anyone built the circuit?.

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Experimentalist

I built one and it doesn't work. No one has built a device that works. It doesn't work and we know why. A title of "professor" has never been proof of anything that works.
Why do we keep bringing up old inept recipes over and over again?

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Group: Ambassador

Link does not open for me ?

I believe Prof corrected this claim many years ago ( but it has been years since ...and I will not speak for that

Seemed as I recall there still was uncertainty or some possibility he would consider?

perhaps he can comment ?

IMO a joule thief seems a good toy to play with ( for hunting ,I do believe “you” (AC) had written this at one time ?

?

Chet
I believe Prof corrected this claim many years ago ( but it has been years since ...and I will not speak for that
Seemed as I recall there still was uncertainty or some possibility he would consider?
perhaps he can comment ?
I looked at the circuit and got the feeling there may be some measurement errors involved.

IMO a joule thief seems a good toy to play with ( for hunting ,I do believe “you” (AC) had written this at one time ?
Yes, if the base efficiency can be boosted to over 90% and a few external components were added it could be COP>1 in my opinion.

Regards
AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Ambassador

AC
Many times over the years persons here
Asked me why this claim was still “out there”

I recall now there was some topic here where the claim was investigated
And found lacking.

I believe it is like an itch you just can’t quite scratch.... for Steve ?

Something about it keeps him from completely abandoning the claim !

Perhaps for times like this ...? Where other ideas can be considered?

I imagine he will comment here at some point!( to my knowledge he is not yet aware of topic !

As for myself ( and I am sure others reading)

Your comments intrigue!

You do have a knack for that as it applies to forum theme ...

Chet
Many times over the years persons here
Asked me why this claim was still “out there”
I recall now there was some topic here where the claim was investigated
And found lacking.
I believe it is like an itch you just can’t quite scratch.... for Steve ?
Something about it keeps him from completely abandoning the claim !

Research and experiments are never easy and many times we see no clear path forward. I like to ask the following questions when experimenting to help guide me...
1)What am I actually trying to do.
2)What is the actual problem I'm trying to solve.
3)What is the inherent nature of the problem.
4)What are the possible solutions to solve this problem.
5)repeat for each problem.

Generally one cannot build a COP>1 device until all these questions are answered and it's not one problem but many smaller problems leading to the whole solution. So it's best to address each small problem individually as a series of small steps forward.

In my opinion the 8x overunity joule thief never addressed the most fundamental problem which is to determine the real COP. Which begs the question... how can we determine if were moving in the right direction if we do not know which direction were actually moving?.

Regards
AC

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Was searching for a better boost converter design when I found this---https://www.homemade-circuits.com/8x-overunity-circuit-using-joule-thief/

Has anyone built the circuit?.

No,but here is one of mine that TK replicated.

Square wave,50% duty cycle.
Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvf9Uo7UVx0

Brad

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 20:53:28