PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 23:40:20
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RMS “flux switching and possible over unity”  (Read 2873 times)

Group: Tinkerer

This is an experiment which will seem familiar. What was it called again? https://youtu.be/Rhu7yGVB9Zs His measurements don’t strike me as comprehensive . MEG like?

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
This is an experiment which will seem familiar. What was it called again? https://youtu.be/Rhu7yGVB9Zs His measurements don’t strike me as comprehensive . MEG like?

Mmm
4x the work
Sounds familiar Jim

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Buy me some coffee

Actually,speaking of his flux switch generator he showed,i think i have a small 2 stroke
gasoline powered one somewhere. I remember buying it at a garage sale.
It was in a box in pieces. I know it was very old,and i bought it because it used an
old 2 stroke model plane engine.

I will see if i can find it in my junk shed tomorrow  O0

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Interesting, will watch it later.

I came across this video of Jim Murray's yesterday. Also quite interesting, but not very revealing. Perhaps one needs to go watch the lectures and interviews he mentions.

Group: Experimentalist

It is hard to tell exactly what part of his PM transformer setup is actually used in the pull test.  Starting at 5:12 in the video even played back at 1/4 speed it is impossible to see IMO.  It appears that he has positioned the outside leg of the closed "C" lamination to do the pulling but does he have the keeper in place?   Anybody?

Regards,
Pm

poynt99

No offense to Jim Murray because he has devoted decades to FE but it's easy to see why he and many others haven't made much progress.

On his setups I would be monitoring all the voltages, amps and power on my DSO in real time. Then monitor the actual magnetic field strengths with a hall effect sensor and electric field strengths with an electroscope also tied into my DSO. With something as simple as a $10 Arduino all these measurements can also be data logged and graphed with a laptop on the fly.

I also use an Arduino tied to a 8 relay module to switch inputs to my DSO on the fly. So I can be looking at 8 inputs then take a snap shot, hit a switch and look at 8 other inputs then take a snap shot, etc.. Export the pictures using one or more as an overlay and wala, I have all the information we need.

My theory is pretty easy to understand, if we cannot understand how things work or what's actually going on were not going to learn anything or make any progress. In this respect the more information we have the better.

Regards
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Tech Wizard

It is hard to tell exactly what part of his PM transformer setup is actually used in the pull test.  Starting at 5:12 in the video even played back at 1/4 speed it is impossible to see IMO.  It appears that he has positioned the outside leg of the closed "C" lamination to do the pulling but does he have the keeper in place?   Anybody?

Regards,
Pm

Hi Partzman,

I think the keeper with the magnet stack on its middle is used in the pull test.  His electromagnet should have bucked the pole of the permanent magnet in the keeper to force the two like poles to step out from the core.
It is impossible to see whether he used an air gap between the keeper and the prongs of the C core,  probably he had a little gap to help the combined flux step out from the magnetic circuit around the lower end of keeper, see my edited picture. 
(I wrote U core in the picture which is a C core too, of course.)  8)

So I think he had the keeper in place, to have a closed (or almost fully closed) magnetic circuit across the C core, the magnet stack was in the middle and his coils should have bucked the given pole of the permanent magnet in the keeper.

He moved the camera too fast during the pull test, this resulted in the very blurry picture. It is not understandable why he did not show the C core with the keeper assembled.

Gyula

poynt99

No offense to Jim Murray because he has devoted decades to FE but it's easy to see why he and many others haven't made much progress.

Regards
AC

I'm not sure I see why.

Buy me some coffee
Ok,found the old flux switch generator.
It's a 1960s era AMP Champ,and looks to be all there.

I must say,as with most old stuff,this thing is extremely well made.
The flux switching rotor is made of very fine laminates,which i would assume would decrease eddy currents very well.

I will make a video of it,and post here later today.

Brad

TinMan,

A video on the device is a most excellent idea!

Looking forward with great anticipation.

Can you give us any identifying data on the device in order to search for potential technical info on it?

Many thanks!

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Buy me some coffee
TinMan,

A video on the device is a most excellent idea!

Looking forward with great anticipation.

Can you give us any identifying data on the device in order to search for potential technical info on it?

Many thanks!

I will put all the info in the video muDped  O0

Rms update https://youtu.be/_yxl_iYXlFU turning it into a reluctance motor

Poynt99
Regards
AC

I'm not sure I see why.

I have built and tested many of the switched reluctance motor/generators Jim Murray showed. Like others I thought I could use a DMM or DSO to take basic measurements to understand what's going on. However it's kind of like groping in the dark unless we have prior knowledge or know what were looking for.   

Take the video Jimboot just posted...Rms update https://youtu.be/_yxl_iYXlFU turning it into a reluctance motor.
Sure it's interesting, a cool video showing the basic effects however it tells us nothing most didn't already know. Information means little unless it's new information which leads to more progress. So we could build any device, take some basic measurements however it means nothing unless we learned something new, it must be new information to move forward... so how do we get new information?.

As I implied in my last post, more kinds of measurements and better one's lead to more information and more understanding.

For example, if we had two iron core solenoid coils A and B six inches apart many would take basic measurements and determine the efficiency between the input A and the output B. However we already know the system must always be 100% efficient because energy is conserved. Thus what we really want to know is where did the input energy go which was not transferred from A to B?. I mean everyone has probably done induction experiments but how many learned something new?. In this respect we can say most people don't understand what happens in a simple two solenoid experiment otherwise they could account for all the energy in the system.

Yes it's about science but curiosity and creativity as well, where did the missing energy go?, it cannot just disappear. So the people who tend to make real progress are the one's who want to learn and are looking to answer the hard questions.

As it turns out the answer to the two solenoid problem is pretty easy. The current impulse below saturation to coil A produces an expanding magnetic field split between the two solenoid cores. Therefore when we cut the current in A the collapsing magnetic field must induce both coils A and B simultaneously. Which begs the obvious question, how many people tried to measure the energy coming out of both coils?. I mean it seems pretty obvious yet very few have tried because most tend to have tunnel vision and simply repeat what they see. As we look closer and do more experiments we find systems which are supposed to have poor efficiency do not because energy is always conserved. Any system can operate at near 100% efficiency after all the energy has been accounted for because energy is always conserved.

So it should be easy to see why others haven't made much progress because there not asking the right questions.

I believe it was SM who implied, the tpu can be explained by understanding all the effects which can happen in a single length of wire. Just a simple piece of wire, so why can't anyone seem to understand it?. It reminds me of the FE forums... everyone is talking but nobody's saying anything.

Regards
AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Poynt99
I have built and tested many of the switched reluctance motor/generators Jim Murray showed. Like others I thought I could use a DMM or DSO to take basic measurements to understand what's going on. However it's kind of like groping in the dark unless we have prior knowledge or know what were looking for.   

Take the video Jimboot just posted...Rms update https://youtu.be/_yxl_iYXlFU turning it into a reluctance motor.
Sure it's interesting, a cool video showing the basic effects however it tells us nothing most didn't already know. Information means little unless it's new information which leads to more progress. So we could build any device, take some basic measurements however it means nothing unless we learned something new, it must be new information to move forward... so how do we get new information?.

As I implied in my last post, more kinds of measurements and better one's lead to more information and more understanding.

For example, if we had two iron core solenoid coils A and B six inches apart many would take basic measurements and determine the efficiency between the input A and the output B. However we already know the system must always be 100% efficient because energy is conserved. Thus what we really want to know is where did the input energy go which was not transferred from A to B?. I mean everyone has probably done induction experiments but how many learned something new?. In this respect we can say most people don't understand what happens in a simple two solenoid experiment otherwise they could account for all the energy in the system.

Yes it's about science but curiosity and creativity as well, where did the missing energy go?, it cannot just disappear. So the people who tend to make real progress are the one's who want to learn and are looking to answer the hard questions.

As it turns out the answer to the two solenoid problem is pretty easy. The current impulse below saturation to coil A produces an expanding magnetic field split between the two solenoid cores. Therefore when we cut the current in A the collapsing magnetic field must induce both coils A and B simultaneously. Which begs the obvious question, how many people tried to measure the energy coming out of both coils?. I mean it seems pretty obvious yet very few have tried because most tend to have tunnel vision and simply repeat what they see. As we look closer and do more experiments we find systems which are supposed to have poor efficiency do not because energy is always conserved. Any system can operate at near 100% efficiency after all the energy has been accounted for because energy is always conserved.

So it should be easy to see why others haven't made much progress because there not asking the right questions.

I believe it was SM who implied, the tpu can be explained by understanding all the effects which can happen in a single length of wire. Just a simple piece of wire, so why can't anyone seem to understand it?. It reminds me of the FE forums... everyone is talking but nobody's saying anything.

Regards
AC
rms shares his work. You seem to have all the secrets but I’m yet to see a single device you have shared that you have built . Maybe I’m not looking hard enough as you seem to have done more than most here .

Jim
rms shares his work. You seem to have all the secrets but I’m yet to see a single device you have shared that you have built . Maybe I’m not looking hard enough as you seem to have done more than most here .

Fair enough, however you could watch every video rms made and read everything he wrote and still not increase the efficiency of a circuit as I explained in my last post. In which case all the pretty pictures and entertaining video's mean little if we don't actually learn anything or make progress. We can use our words Jim, in fact most Nobel Prize winning scientists/physicists use only there words not entertaining video's. They have no interest in entertaining anyone... there serious about there work.

So rather than talk bs like you are I will go further and actually say something which has value to someone...

Logically, if two solenoid coils induce one another, have the total energy split between them and were electrically isolated then we must be able to combine the total energy through conduction. Has anyone ever noticed that on many Free Energy patents they use cross connections like the McFarland Cook patent, why, for what reason?. It's because when one electromagnet induces another electromagnet through magnetic induction the poles on the second core must reverse.

In which case we have evidence to suggest that we can combine the energy of the Primary and the induced Secondary of two solenoid coils to increase the total efficiency. I mean we could completely ignore all the science and just use common sense. If there was a magnetic field in both solenoid cores and we only used the induced force from one of them then, where is the rest?. In all these FE inventors words we hear one common theme, total energy, total force, total efficiency... the sum of all forces.

You want to listen to an expert in succeeding listen to this guy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNnMPRcmE1I

Elon Musk
"I think it's important to apply critical thinking to what one is doing and by that I mean just the fundamentals of logic. Do you have the right axioms, are they relevant and are you making the right conclusions based on those axioms, that is the essence of critical thinking and yet it is amazing how often people fail to do that.

I think wishful thinking is in the human brain and you want things to be the way you wish them and you try to filter information that you shouldn't filter, that's the most common flaw I see. I also tend to see that people instead of reasoning first principals they will tend to act, they will do things because others are doing them, because there is a trend"

In essence stop following others and observe, think it through, do some real experiments and learn something. You want to help someone... tell them something they don't know.

Regards
AC

So rather than talk bs like you are I will go further and actually say something which has value to someone...

Please point out my "BS" . I think you are projecting. Are you comparing yourself now to a Nobel Laureate? Did I misunderstand that comment. Is this the part that you saw as BS ? " You seem to have all the secrets but I’m yet to see a single device you have shared that you have built . Maybe I’m not looking hard enough as you seem to have done more than most here ." Apologies if I mischaracterised your achievements. I can only go on what you publish.

Jim
Please point out my "BS" . I think you are projecting. Are you comparing yourself now to a Nobel Laureate? Did I misunderstand that comment.

I meant that most scientists only use words to describe what they know and it is implied that the people on the other end understand what there saying or implying. I tell most people I'm a farmer or engineer and by no means would I ever compare myself to a real scientist let alone a nobel prize winner.

Is this the part that you saw as BS ? " You seem to have all the secrets but I’m yet to see a single device you have shared that you have built . Maybe I’m not looking hard enough as you seem to have done more than most here ." Apologies if I mischaracterised your achievements. I can only go on what you publish.

You are right and I have shown very little in the past or present and so far as showing proof here I have no achievements that I'm aware of. I have found no video's or pictures can or should convince anyone of anything. I think conceptually and if the concept is not sound and justified then we shouldn't buy into it in my opinion.

It would just seem to me that the bs is that most are talking about everything other than Free Energy. What is it, why is it, how does it work, where does it come from, how can we get more of it?. For a free energy forum there is almost no relevant discussion on free energy. I mean I want to share but there is quite literally no positive feedback or even an interest in most respects.

Regards
AC

SO why are you claiming I spoke BS? Seems you are creating the thing you complain about. I post a video about one man showing his work. Without commentary. You claim I'm talking BS and go on an off topic diatribe about your many achievements (I'll take your word for it) and how everyone here is talking off topic and is pretty much your lesser . Yes definitely projecting. Do you have some cheese to go with your whine?
« Last Edit: 2021-03-24, 04:39:24 by JimBoot »

Quote from: AC
I believe it was SM who implied, the tpu can be explained by understanding all the effects which can happen in a single length of wire.

Just a simple piece of wire, so why can't anyone seem to understand it?.

It reminds me of the FE forums... everyone is talking but nobody's saying anything.

The Problem is the "Replication Problem."

The "Magic" which the "inventors" show us only works for they themselves.

Time to Think Critically.

And to expose the "fakes."

"Just a simple piece of wire" is precisely what Daniel Pomerleau used in his demonstrations.

A wire formed into very simple coils.

Producing Mysterious Free Energy which was witnessed by hundreds.

What kind of "Magic" was it? 

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Rms update on his motor build. Some interesting points https://youtu.be/_dAxVEp5v3g

Buy me some coffee
Rms update on his motor build. Some interesting points https://youtu.be/_dAxVEp5v3g

What he is doing was done many years ago.
There were some members in my old forum that were messing around with PM assist
reluctance motors.

One example-->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfptuTeRdb0

What he is doing was done many years ago.
There were some members in my old forum that were messing around with PM assist
reluctance motors.

One example-->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfptuTeRdb0
definitely familiar I hadn’t heard that research re the 90 degree angle of laminations being important

Buy me some coffee
definitely familiar I hadn’t heard that research re the 90 degree angle of laminations being important

Yep
It's on the !other! thread.  O0

Wow, 80k posts since OUR's inception (this is the 80,000th) ! Not bad for 150 odd members (of which probably 10% have 90% of the posts).

How many years has it been Peter?

Nice work on the mile stone guys. Here’s rms latest. Magnetic switching element https://youtu.be/4xZa1JGP2oc

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 23:40:20