PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 07:45:05
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: NEWS  (Read 18717 times)

@exnihiloest
The difference between Newton and the cranks or swindlers of free energy, is that Newton provided a theory fitted facts and observations that we can verify.
Actually Newton did not provide a theory of much of anything as he never described what Gravity is only what it does which should have been obvious. This is one major issue I have with what we call mainstream science in that people would seem to have no problem understanding how things act then assuming this is the way everything must always act however they never fully explain --- "why". Imagine that, recieving a Nobel and global recognition for describing nothing more than the inverse square law of force but giving absolutely no consideration to "why" this force called Gravity acts on matter nor "what" it is in reality. It's funny that this silliness continues to this very day whereby people call Gravity a force however Gravity is not a force because the force imparted to matter is an effect of gravity, not gravity itself. At this point we could ask the only question that really matters and that is ---- What is this force which acts on matter fundamentally?, Why does this force act on matter?, How does this force act on matter? What is the reason this force exists? in which case nobody can give a reasonable answer without devolving into fantasy particles popping in and out of some magical alternate universes.
Now let's examine the logic here, what if I wanted to build a craft which circumvented this "force" acting on objects we call Gravity? How would I do this? Well we cannot do anything because we have studied what Gravity does and how it acts to death however nobody knows "what" it is. If we knew what it is fundamentally then it would seem obvious that we could manipulate this force to lessen it's effects on matter or change matter in some way so that this force could not act upon it. I find this odd, supposedly everything is understood but we have no idea what it is or why it is, wonderful, we should call these theories the theory of nothing because at the end of the day that is exactly what we have learned.
Regards
AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Guest

The genious of Newton is coming from a theory that links phenomena apparently so different as the fall of an apple and the motion of planets. It is this integration of disparate observations into a general and fundamental law that reveals the genious. The causal way by which bodies influence each other can be a next step.

A statement like "we cannot do anything because we have studied what Gravity does and how it acts to death however nobody knows "what" it is." is false. To fly to the moon or to take photographies of distant planets at the limit of the solar system, is a practical consequence of our knowledge due to the theories of Newton or Einstein.
And these real and usefull experiments, thanks to these theories, are the means to get a new knowledge of our universe and to go further.
Science progresses step by step. There will always be unknown things. It would be counterproductive and doomed, to demand that the science answers all the questions, each time it answers only some. It is a childish caprice.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr

I'm watching CNN and a "clean" coal commercial came on.  Unbelievable.  We can't fight these huge corporation, they have lots of money and they lobby hard.

I think we need to radically change our ways of life, specifically transportation, because our "modern" society will collapse soon when oil shortages begin.

How about we start riding more bikes to work?
It's becoming more popular in San Francisco to ride bikes because of the gas prices.  Those hills can be a bummer, however.

--Lee

ExxonMobil lays it out:

http://shopfloor.org/2011/04/on-earnings-profits-and-taxes-exxonmobil-lays-it-all-out/20461

Being a long time card carrying member of NAM (No, I'm not proud of making that statement) I can tell you any news shared by them is bent toward the zealot edge of right-wing politics.

This announcement and others like it were taken to heart by the government accountants. The solution offered was instead of being taxed so heavily the oil companies could just purchase the oil they steal from public lands. The solution was declined.

My favorite was right after Obama-Care was passed a very large company (of which I am very familiar) declared they must cut heath care benefits an end retiree coverage due to the massive increase in costs caused by the new laws. Their bluff was called and they retracted the statement after claiming it was an accounting mistake.

When are these fools going to realize... giving corporations a break will not benefit them as much as aiding in development of their customer base.

Go ahead... give them a break. Allow them to continue paying less. You know where those savings go. They aren't reinvested here. That is a bunch of garbage. They are all slowly moving to China, India and Brazil. I know. I'm one of the folks helping them move  :-[

Don't mind me. I'm not in politics. If I was I would be heavily armed  >:-)

It's becoming more popular in San Francisco to ride bikes because of the gas prices.  Those hills can be a bummer, however.

--Lee

It takes me an hour to drive one-way to work. I wonder how long it would take by bicycle  C.C

It's hopeless,  modern society is built on oil.  To undo this bondage and free ourselves, we have to either discover some revolutionary technology or begin to change our lifestyles drasticaly.    Like, move closer to work, ride bikes to work, or work at home, in the absence of mass transit.    

I was thinking,   wouldn't it be nice if gravity had waves in it, like the ocean?   Boy oh boy, we could exploit that to our advantage and ride to work with "gravity surfboards"  but everybody would get dizzy.  Forget "sea sickness", here comes "gravity sickness"  !  ;D  :D  :P

No Thanks!

Gravity is already having a negative effect upon me  >:(

That does not mean I'm becoming lighter in weight  :(

It takes me an hour to drive one-way to work. I wonder how long it would take by bicycle  C.C
In S.F., about 3-5 times as long.  The good thing about The City, is that it's not very big compared to Cleveland, OH; Houston, TX; or Los Angeles, CA.  That makes a bike effective.  You need to develop strength and endurance if you want to do it regularly.   ;D    :o    :P    O0   

--Lee

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
It takes me an hour to drive one-way to work. I wonder how long it would take by bicycle

I converted my mountain bike to electric, I was lucky i could go from my house door to my work door via downland fields, but there were big hills in between, 13 miles by car 30-40 minuets depending on jams, 10 miles by field 50-55 minuets and the views are amazing, only trouble was the weather so i had to choose my days carefully.

Used under 0.5 kWh one way. equates to 5-6p in electricity in UK, 13 miles in my car fuel at current cost is about £1.30 one way

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Raising costs on the survivors is what Comcast is doing and look at the customer base loss. Duh...
We get the government we deserve.
Back in the day around the mid 1800s there were very wealthy Black americans. They were not slaves. They were rich. And do you think they fell to the Dutch as captives? No they sold their brothers and their resources. Same thing happening today. Back in the day. Yes that is right back in the day. You are either an opportunist or victim. Get over it or get over. There are the choices. Now I am not taking sides. I am just stating survival. You can hovel in darkness or buy the light. You all should feel very lucky you can take a breath to complain or build. Able had no survival moment against Cain. How much time do you think you have, Earthling? Shit is gettin thick and only the most desirous or desperate come out on top. That is the moment when all moral systems collapse. Breathe that down real deep...

Being a long time card carrying member of NAM (No, I'm not proud of making that statement) I can tell you any news shared by them is bent toward the zealot edge of right-wing politics.

This announcement and others like it were taken to heart by the government accountants. The solution offered was instead of being taxed so heavily the oil companies could just purchase the oil they steal from public lands. The solution was declined.

My favorite was right after Obama-Care was passed a very large company (of which I am very familiar) declared they must cut heath care benefits an end retiree coverage due to the massive increase in costs caused by the new laws. Their bluff was called and they retracted the statement after claiming it was an accounting mistake.

When are these fools going to realize... giving corporations a break will not benefit them as much as aiding in development of their customer base.

Go ahead... give them a break. Allow them to continue paying less. You know where those savings go. They aren't reinvested here. That is a bunch of garbage. They are all slowly moving to China, India and Brazil. I know. I'm one of the folks helping them move  :-[

Don't mind me. I'm not in politics. If I was I would be heavily armed  >:-)

---------------------------

Peter..., in regard to Reply #34:

Exactly what I would have done at my age(62).  Electric bikes are absolutely the way to go in this town with no less than 43 hills.

--Lee

Group: Professor

I converted my mountain bike to electric,

Great ! Peterae.  Can you tell us more about this, how you did it?
Did you use a kit ? what kind of motor and battery?  Hey, thanks.
Steve  (also 62 now, m-in- OK)

Buy me some coffee
Hello PhysicsProf

Yes indeed, I did my conversion 3 years ago.

I used a 36V controller and battery, to start with i had a 10Ah 36V LIFEPO4 battery, this would just about get me the 10 miles to work, i had to peddle like mad up some real big hills to make sure the battery lasted, it became apparent the battery was under capacity for what i wanted and also the peak current discharge was not quiet good enough, i then ordered a 36V 20AH battery from ebay, this really did the job well.
The motor was a central hub, gear less and brushless 1 horse power, I used the rear wheel version to give me better traction as the fields could get muddy.

I use a regenerative controller, so in effect you do not use your brakes you just ease off the accelerator to brake, you can regain up to 33% of the energy used going up hill when you come down the other side, i did not have a consumption meter to get realistic readouts.

In the UK legally you are restricted to 200 Watts motor and are not allowed to go over 15 MPH under power, this was a real problem for me because of the hills, i wish now i had gone for a 200Watt motor but with gears inside to give the torque to keep legal  C.C

The place i ordered my stuff from is here
http://www.goldenmotor.com/

The controller they sell now is quiet advanced and quiet cheap.

...In the UK legally you are restricted to 200 Watts motor and are not allowed to go over 15 MPH under power, this was a real problem for me because of the hills, i wish now i had gone for a 200Watt motor but with gears inside to give the torque to keep legal  C.C  ...
I lived in Tucson, AZ for about 4 yrs until I came here to San Francisco.  The newest thing there is gas-powered bikes.  Local Mexican entrepreneurs can refit a regular bike for about $400 American.  Some are fast enough to out-accelerate a car from an intersection.  They're really! risky to ride, too.

In Calif, especially in S.F., they're so regulated and the potential smog is so bad, they're impractical.  Electric bikes are expensive, though.

--Lee

I'll pop out of my mothballs for this one. I worked about 4 years
on trying different angles to make an E-Bike. Got hold of a 300 W
24v motor and thought that would do the trick. It would move me
but any small hill would bog it down to nothing and kill the batts.
   In the end I realized that you need at least 5-6 hundred watts
to pull you around efficiently. Low and behold, the law here says
you have to license at 600 or more.
   Then you have the distance problems, just not enough to make
me want to shell out the 1500 bucks to do it.

End point, they dont want you to.

thay

...   Then you have the distance problems, just not enough to make
me want to shell out the 1500 bucks to do it.

End point, they dont want you to.

thay

I'm not surprised.  But where do you live, thaelin?  With your OUR.com handle, I want to say the former East Germany?

Note:
About the initial post?  Are there schematics that come with the "Owner's Manual"?   In this country (USA), one can buy a trailer-mounted solar power plant that doesn't come cheap!   The biggest deliver up to, say, 3,000-4,000 Watts.   But, that's the reason, IMHO.   The 'powers that be' want it that way.

--Lee
« Last Edit: 2011-09-30, 18:07:28 by the_big_m_in_ok »

This is the best deal I have come across, $500.00 complete http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200466672_200466672

Mark

Buy me some coffee
Hi Mark

That's a nice bike but the battery is sealed lead acid, I would really stress the importance of using LIFEPO4, they are lighter more robust and good for 2000 charges.

Either use golden motor or eBay, You want at least a 36V kit then you can convert any bike, i bought a tyrax mongoose.

Here's a complete kit on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36v-700w-Electric-Scooter-F-2636v-20ah-LiFePO4-Battery-Charger-Sea-7-8-Weeks-/140601196121?pt=AU_Scooters&hash=item20bc7bfe59

Peter

Group: Professor

It's hopeless,  modern society is built on oil.  To undo this bondage and free ourselves, we have to either discover some revolutionary technology or begin to change our lifestyles drasticaly.   

Apropos, this is in the news.
Still on travel, but would call your attention to the "Occupy Wall Street" movement that has continued, growing evidently, for the past few weeks. NYTimes article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/01/nyregion/wall-street-occupiers-protesting-till-whenever.html?_r=1&hp

A video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6KorAAqgxQ&feature=player_embedded

Declaration of the protesters includes support for "alternate forms of energy", which I also strongly support as you know:

Declaration of the Occupation of New York City

As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.

As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.

They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.

They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.

They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.

They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless nonhuman animals, and actively hide these practices.

They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.

They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.

They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.

They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.

They have sold our privacy as a commodity.

They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.

They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.

They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.

They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be regulating them.

They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.

They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantive profit.

They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.

They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.

They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.

They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.

They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.

They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *

To the people of the world,

We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.

Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.

Join us and make your voices heard!

*These grievances are not all-inclusive.

http://nycga.cc/2011/09/30/declaration-of-the-occupation-of-new-york-city

Hi Mark

That's a nice bike but the battery is sealed lead acid, I would really stress the importance of using LIFEPO4, they are lighter more robust and good for 2000 charges.   ...
Peter,
Have you considered a cart affair to be towed behind the bike with one or more batteries in parallel with the motor(?), but:  on level ground, this will work best.  Otherwise a bigger motor for hills adds cost and inefficiency to the equation.

--Lee

Buy me some coffee
Not sure i understand what you are saying, there's no way i could travel over fields at 20MPH with a cart, my batteries are light and very good, if i had to switch to lead acid i would definitely need a cart, i would need 3 of these to get my 36V and each one weights as much as my Lifepo4 battery at the same capacity, I would then probably need a 2 horse power motor to get the same performance.

You have to lash out on LIFEPO4 batteries, it is only this battery tech that makes it feasible, although it would also be possible to use NiMH

Not sure i understand what you are saying, there's no way i could travel over fields at 20MPH with a cart,  ...
To admit an personal error, I was thinking like a "city dweller" living in a large, metropolitan population center.  Only bums and vagrants sleep infields and on hillsides---under bridges and so on.  My mistake.
        You're absolutely right.  Carts on small wheels will not do well in a field.  Lead-acid batteries weigh a whole lot compared to NiMh.
my batteries are light and very good, if i had to switch to lead acid i would definitely need a cart, i would need 3 of these to get my 36V and each one weights as much as my Lifepo4 battery at the same capacity, I would then probably need a 2 horse power motor to get the same performance.
A 2 HP motor would also weigh more and put additional strain on your bike.
You have to lash out on LIFEPO4 batteries, it is only this battery tech that makes it feasible, although it would also be possible to use NiMH
Never heard of the LIFEPO4 battery.   Just found this, though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_iron_phosphate_battery

Are they expensive compared lead-acid batteries?

--Lee

Good News:

"The results of the two tests showed a developed net power of between 2.3 and 2.6 kilowatts – of the order of a large stove plate. Input electric power was in the order of 300 watts."

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3166552.ece

Bad News:

"Andrea Rossi, inventor of the ‘E-cat’, has terminated his agreement with the Greek pilot customer Defkalion. The planned launch of a one megawatt heat plant in October is now supposed to take place in the United States."

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3228376.ece

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 07:45:05