PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-10-23, 17:44:03
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Hans Coler Colleage letters survived  (Read 10978 times)

Group: Tinkerer

Very nice, thank you again. I have printed it out as it will take some time to read through this.

Next part of interest is pages 136 - 160 - it looks like the last page is missing because it stops in the middle of a sentence. Maybe AI can be asked to possible locate it in case that the following page is just misplaced somwhere else in the folder?
I was one step ahead of you, just finished.  - page 111 is the missing final page.

Construction and Functionality

of the

Primary Voltage Converter

Coler.

Based on the observed phenomena, it should be assumed without wanting to justify this physically at this point, that the “extra currents” (self-induction currents) are the site of energy formation, and that their true nature has so far only been misunderstood. (See page ___).

Therefore, the task must be to build a system that:
a) Generates extra currents,
b) Rectifies them,
c) Connects them in series, collects their energy, and forwards it to a load resistance.

The following basic circuit results from this:
Two identical systems, each consisting of a number of plate groups and self-inductions, are excited by a battery. Parts C D and A B are common to both circuits, as are A C and B D.

As a result, current I flows over A C D and A B D in the red direction of the arrow, and current II flows over C A B and C D B in the blue direction of the arrow. Thus, A C D B forms a closed current loop. Parts E C and D F serve to generate and rectify the extra currents (together with the associated flat coils); the

Redrawn Diagram:

Based on the description, here’s a redraw of the provided diagram:

Diagram Components:

•   C D, A B, A C, B D: Shared parts of the circuits
   •   E C, D F: Components for generating and rectifying extra currents

Diagram Description:

•   Red Arrows: Direction of current I
   •   Blue Arrows: Direction of current II
   •   Shared Components: Parts that are common to both circuits
Page 2

The part of the apparatus framed with dashed lines is the interrupter.

Due to the load resistance W (located between C and D), the current branches of each circuit are unequally excited by the battery. The resistance W should be as large as that of A C and B D (these must be exactly the same among themselves); thus, from battery I, a total current of 3 x Amp flows in A C, a current of x Amp in B D, and similarly from II in C A 2 x Amp, in B D x Amp. These currents partially cancel each other out. In this way, by interrupting and closing A B, inverted electromagnetic fields of approximately equal strength can be generated in the conductors A C and B D (alternating current from direct current).

Thus, the section A B must be influenced by the indicated interrupter device.

4. Individual Circuit:
Parts A C and B C consist of individual plate groups connected with magnet transformers (transformers).

Redrawn Diagram:

Diagram Components:

•   A, B, C, D: Connection points for the plate groups.
   •   I, II: Primary current directions in red and blue arrows.
   •   a, b, c, d: Plate groups and their associated transformers.

Diagram:
Description of the Diagram:

•   a, b, c, d: Plate groups with transformers.
   •   I, II, III, IV: Flow directions of the primary and secondary currents.
   •   A, B, C, D: Connection points for the plate groups.
   •   W: Load resistance placed between points C and D.
   •   Red and Blue Arrows: Indicate the direction of the primary currents I and II.

In the diagram:

•   Plate groups (a, b, c, d) are connected in series and parallel as described.
   •   The resistors (W) are positioned to influence the current flow and maintain balance.
   •   The dashed lines indicate the part of the apparatus influenced by the interrupter.

Page 3

The primary coil from II to plate b corresponds to the blue circuit.

The local arrangement required for rectification is shown in the sketch; the negative self-inductions lie above the positive plates and vice versa.

5.   Winding of the Magnets (Transformers): The winding is always counter-rotating, as is the current direction. The two coils always excite opposite poles, thus canceling each other out. Therefore, reversing the currents by opening or closing A B would have no external effect on the magnetic fields.

![Diagram with alternating red and blue lines]

6.   Changing the Fields: This can only occur through other influences. It is achieved through a third circuit (details below).

With each field change achieved this way, one coil produces an extra current in the same direction as the main current, while the other produces an opposite extra current. I refer to one as the magnetic plus potential and the other as the minus potential.

Due to these counter-potentials resting on a magnet, a uniform exchange of such potentials in the closed circuit A C D B is established. Thus, they distribute themselves in the red section A C:

(A \rightarrow \square + - + \rightarrow C)

on the blue:

(B \leftarrow \square + - \square \leftarrow D),

forming a closed ring of alternating potentials and thus polarities (circuit diagram of the magnets below). Extremely important: All four coils between each pair of plates carry the same polarities and combine into a uniform magnetic potential.

Page 4

![Diagram with red and blue plates and connections]

When the magnetic field disappears, as known, extra currents are induced in the direction of the yellow arrows and charge their energy into the yellow-shaded plates. When the field reappears, the opposite extra currents occur and charge the other capacitor plates accordingly.

Connecting the plates should be omitted for now and developed later.

7.   Interruption of the Fields: The primary currents I and II cannot achieve this, as mentioned; opening A B will cause an internal reversal of the current direction, but not affect the fields.

This is achieved by the third current flowing through the third transformer coils. The first effect could simply be achieved with soft iron cores. However, due to specific physical processes that are not further discussed here, a combination of soft iron and permanent magnets must be used. The fields of the permanent magnetic cores present in this way must therefore be erased by the third current.

This already determines the size of the battery used for neutralization. The current flowing through the neutralizing coils must be measured so that the field of the magnets can be precisely erased. These third coils are all connected in series; the current must therefore also influence the interrupter part.

Page 5

From the processes occurring there, it is initially only mentioned that the fields must be erased simultaneously, and the current direction must be changed. This also requires the necessity of activating these two currents simultaneously to initiate the first impulse.

8.   Under these conditions, the processes are now examined.

In the off state, only parts C D and A B, as well as current III, are interrupted. Then, with batteries I and II always connected with like poles against each other, they must always balance in the rest position, which is very important for startup, as only completely identical fields ensure the device starts.

(All other switches are essentially unnecessary but very desirable for preliminary work. The switch in A B also interrupts current III (neutralizing current) as a double-pole switch).

Now, first, close the switch in C D. This causes currents of approximately x Amp in A C and D B in the corresponding direction. The permanent magnets form their fields, which are not changed by the bifilar nature of the current-carrying magnet coils.

Electromagnetic fields may arise in the plate-flat coil system, as a lateral view might show.

Page 6

![Diagram with alternating red and blue arrows and components]

Around the plates (drawn thick), fields I, II, III, and IV (shown as black framed rectangles) are formed. Around the flat coils (shown with dashed lines), fields A B C D (shown as yellow-bordered rectangles) are formed. These fields intersect each other, but for greater clarity, it is assumed that the fields stop where their boundaries are indicated. The fields of the plates intersect with those of the coils above to two-thirds of the plates, and with the coils below to about one-third, the rest only interact with each other.

Now, I and II, III and IV must attract each other due to opposite current directions, while II and III repel each other.

Similarly, I and A, II and B must attract each other, while IV and B, III and C repel each other.

A B C D all repel each other.

This circuit, found through many experiments, is the only one suitable for achieving rectification in connection with the occurring electrical voltage potentials.

I can limit myself to the representation of 4 plates or flat coils, as the same conditions always repeat after 4 plates.

The direction of the current, resulting from the above requirements, is evident from the direction of the arrows.

9.   Now, if current III and the connection A B are switched on together, both a reversal of the current direction in the plates and the disappearance of the fields of the magnets generate extra currents (yellow arrows), resulting in the following picture:

![Diagram with yellow arrows and alternating red and blue components]

Page 7

The following changes (illustrated on the next page) result. The electrical voltage potentials to be observed are: Red plates and blue coils have a voltage difference against blue plates and red coils. The former are positive, the latter negative, regardless of whether the bridge A B is switched on or not.

From the last two sketches, the following repelling or attracting field tendencies arise:

A) (C D switched on)

I + (attracting)
II  - (repelling)
III  -
IV  +

B) (A B and II added)

I  +
II 
III  -  (but changed current direction)
IV  +

IV  D
III  C
II  B
I  A

2/3 intersected

Page 8

IV + +
C  + -
III + ⅔ intersected.
B  + -
II + +
A  + -
D  + -

Now, based on the derived field directions, we can complete the connection of the plate groups among themselves.

![Diagram with red and blue plates and connections]

The blue and red arrows next to the plates indicate the direction of current in the flat coils above the plates, the arrows in the plates indicate the direction of the plate current when A B is opened.

Page 9

The halves of the plates, as they are stacked, are divided into left and right halves by the dividing lines.

The plates and arrows (coils) on the left half are labeled with A B C D or I, II, III, and IV, and those on the right with I’, II’, III’, and IV’ or A’, B’, C’, and D’.

If you compare this image with the previous two sketches, the left half shows the same image as before closing the bridge A B (page 6), the right half (page 7).

Since alternating currents (extra currents) can only be directed under the same conditions, it is logical that they always have alternating directions and thus create the same conditions each time.

This only enables the specified connection, which inevitably results.

10.   Now let’s move on to rectification. The last image shows the state before the first reversal of the fields, i.e., before closing A B. Pole designations refer to the permanent magnets.

After closing A B and reversing the magnets, extra currents are induced as shown in the sketch on page 4 and load the corresponding plates, while at the same time, a current direction change occurs in the plates. If we now stretch the plates into an extended current path, the following image emerges (see next page).

Page 10

![Diagram with yellow arrows and alternating red and blue components]

The yellow arrows show the direction of the extra currents and the corresponding charged plates. The pencil arrows with the colored circle show the current path of the predominant current caused by the closure of A B, the colored arrows next to the plates the current direction in the flat coils above the plates, the colored arrows finally in the plates, the resulting basic current direction by opening A B.

In itself, the image appears not exactly suitable for the desired purpose of rectification.

Since the extra currents would otherwise run without regard to the existing currents, they must cancel each other out completely, as equal and opposite directed extra currents arise on each side. However, they are hindered by the electromagnetic fields of the flat coils and the capacitor effect of the system, considering the following conditions.

First of all, it is noticeable that the fields of the flat coils lying over the charged plates always tend to align with the extra current when it comes to plates directed at C or B (e.g., plates 2, 6, 10, 14).

In these plates, however, the direction of the basic current is opposite to the flat coils and extra currents.

Page 11

In the other plates (i.e., 3, 7, 11, 15), we have the extra current direction opposing tendency in the flat coils, but aligned with the basic current, thus:

A (Pl. 2, 6, 4, 10) B (Pl. 3, 7, 11, 15)
Spule : + +  + +
Grundstrom : + -  + -
Extrastrom : + -  + -

Now, if the magnetic field is restored and the current A B is interrupted, a basic current flows in the plates in the direction indicated by the arrows in the plates. The flat coils maintain their current direction, the extra currents are oppositely directed, the white plates are charged.

Now we have the same conditions as above, under A) plates 1, 5, 9, 13, under B) 4, 8, 12, 16.

A difference exists insofar as the plates of the first group under A show a tendency of the extra currents directed at C or B, so the basic current connects to B, while in the second group, this relationship is reversed, resulting in mutual displacement in the influence.

From the number sequences, it is also already apparent that every fourth plate works the same. We thus have to consider four different conditions.

Basically, the question of rectification remains that the whole system is a capacitor consisting of four different coatings, of which two are charged, while the other two lie at electric voltages, forming a uniform electric potential.

Instead of a capacitor, the term “condenser-like structure” might be more accurate. For two of the coatings are, if viewed as coils (as such, they act through the self-inductions of the magnet coils), twice short-circuited (via A B and W), the other two are also short-circuited via W.

Page 12

![Diagram with connections and current directions]

Of fundamental importance here is the well-known phenomenon that when switching off DC magnets very quickly (as is the case in my apparatus), the magnetic energy is largely converted into electrostatic energy, and high overvoltages arise, which can endanger the insulations under certain circumstances.

As shown in the sketch on page 10, the two directly opposing plates always work together, so:

1 - 16
2 - 15
3 - 14
4 - 13

From these:

1, 3, 5, 7  \leftrightarrow 10, 12, 14, 16 (right)
2, 4, 6, 8  \leftrightarrow 9, 11, 13, 15 (left)

Of these, 1 - 8 are positive, 9 - 16 negative electrically.

Now, it is still to consider that the magnet coils directly interact with each other and the plate groups 1 - 8 and 9 - 16 overlap on the same cores, thus having capacitive effects on each other.

Thus, we have explained all conditions of mutual influence. Unfortunately, the mutual relationships are so extraordinarily complicated that I could not proceed further.

From the picture on page 12 (and the marked relationships here), it should now be clear that…

Page 13

… the extra currents arising in the A C D B circuit cannot balance themselves but instead charge up due to the electrostatic nature of the released energy. This arises because the transformer coils 1-6 act as inductors (self-inductions), creating electrical voltage potentials that are actually equal each time.

Let it be assumed that the system oscillates due to the interrupter, forming the frequency in which the system resonates. This resonance is caused by a complex relationship between the constant energy of the flat coils, the changing coupling factor due to alternating current direction, the plates, and the electrical potential modules. Thus, all described conditions interact, creating a rectifying accumulation and sequential connection of the extra current energy.

My intent here is merely to demonstrate which functions occur and that through absolute symmetry of all conditions, the prerequisites for the aforementioned functions are created.

How exactly these processes occur can be figured out by the physicist using the diagrams. Therefore, only the following should be mentioned:

a) The magnetic cores are connected monolithically with the corresponding plates and oscillate with the system (core 2 = grid; coils I and II = anodes; coil III = emission).

b) A strong capacitor effect between the flat coils and plates is observed.

When the flat coils are completely turned off, a current flows between them and the plates above and below when an extra current enters the plate.

Page 14

c) These discharges change the purely electrical voltage potentials occurring between the plates, between the flat coils, and between the flat coils and plates.

12.   I now leave this point, as it concerns less the physical evidence than a logical explanation of the switching method, and come to the last point, the interrupter.

That this interruption represents a proper mechanical interruption (as by a switch) is, of course, unthinkable. Instead, it is a type of oscillation generation that achieves a momentary standstill of the existing basic currents through a capacitor and self-induction, thus practically achieving the same as a mechanical interruption.

The fact that a system set in oscillation by a current impulse can continue to oscillate despite strong damping is something new, but understandable when considering that through the influence of the interrupter, and the equally influencing current section A B in the exciter part, a strong current circulates from the sum of all extra currents. Thus, the interrupter can supply energy in precisely the same rhythm, overcoming damping resistances. Therefore, the system acts like a clock, whose pendulum is also set in motion by the energy of the spring at the moment of reversal.

Thus, the available sections for the interrupter function are:

a) Current section A B.
b) The magnetic current III.
c) The two current sections A E and F B (see sketch on page 1).
d) The two flat coils lying over the above-mentioned sections.

From the combination of these sections, oscillation generation must be achieved. That current section A B must be switched with current III together and simultaneously to perform the first reversal has already been mentioned.

Page 15

Already for reasons of symmetry, we imagine the interrupter part designed exactly like the exciter part, i.e., plates with magnets in between, exactly like the picture on page 2, i.e., two plates with magnets in between, and each pair of plates with a flat coil. However, since this time the main influence is on current III, we place this on the plates. This results in the following circuit diagram:

![Circuit diagram with colored connections]

13.   The mode of operation is now explained. First, it should be emphasized that the cores used in the interrupter are not permanent magnets but made of soft iron, as shown by the following considerations.

Page 16

First: under no circumstances should the absolute symmetry of the generating system in the alternation of magnetic potentials ( + - + - + - , etc., see page 3 below) be broken.

Second: in the interrupter system, only oscillations should be generated, i.e., no extra currents should be created.

A consideration of the current directions shows that the currents A B and III must create opposing fields, canceling each other out to achieve the stability of the magnets. The third coils traversed by currents A E and F B (see page 1) change their field direction through the interruptions of A B, thus reversing the unstable fields each time with the same strength.

14.   These requirements determine the sizes of the two batteries I and II. Battery III was set by the requirement that its current should neutralize the permanent magnets of the exciter system as precisely as possible. From the easily determined current strength with the resistance, the required voltage, i.e., the number of elements, results.

Exactly the same current strength / A B must now guide the current section. This results from two equally sized components; each of the two batteries I and II provides half. Since each of the two batteries flows 2/3 through A B, 1/3 through the other path, battery III must provide such a third, so the voltages of I and II (and thus the number of elements) must relate to the voltage of III as 3 to 4 (or 6 to 8). The prerequisite for this is the equal resistance of all transformer coils and a corresponding adjustment of the flat coil resistances. A calculation of the resistances will easily confirm this.

For this reason, tuning of the entire oscillation system (such as with variable capacitors, etc.) is not required, as the balancing of the current strengths can be fully achieved.

Now to the mode of operation of the interrupter.

Page 17

If only C D is switched on initially, no currents flow in A B (coils III) and in the magnetic circuit (coils II). However, currents flow in I and IV in the indicated arrow direction (see picture on page 15).

If the double switch is now inserted, currents of equal strength flow in II and III in opposite directions, not forming a field but stabilizing it.

Simultaneously, the fields in I and IV of equal size reverse.

Thus, induction currents are generated in III and II, supporting the current in III but trying to brake the current in II.

Firstly, this is quite insignificant (low valve effect), but the latter is important as it already initiates the following process with the help of the connected capacitor system.

By the first activation impulse, as mentioned, a strong surge current is generated in the exciter part (out of all extra currents produced by the potential differences). This creates a counter-current in the opposite direction to the previous current in A B, as it must balance to a closed circuit. Thus, a counter-current in A B about 10-12 times stronger than the previous current in A B or III is generated. This counter-current induces equally strong currents in all coils, creating an equally strong current impulse in all directions, i.e., a strong counter-current in II (magnet current), which must reverse the entire magnet system.

Induction currents are also generated in I and IV, which are directed like the original currents before A B was closed. Now, it remains to be noted (which applies to the entire remaining system) that when switching from A B to the flat coils, only 2/3 of the current strengths flow…

Page 18

… resulting from the capacitor interactions. This change also takes place later, contributing to the oscillation advantage.

As we have seen, the current induced in the magnetic circuit reverses the permanent magnets. Simultaneously, the induction currents in I and IV achieve a current reversal in III (A B), as these currents join the system’s current, practically reaching the initial state (before closing A B and III). Thus, the old fields are restored. The old currents return to their rights, and the cycle begins anew.

The extent to which the capacitors promote the oscillation of the magnetic circuit with the simultaneous participation of the flat coils is easily understood.

![Diagram with arrows and magnetic coils]

16.   If even a single condition or cooperation in the exciter system or interrupter does not agree with the described processes, the apparatus cannot oscillate, and thus, cannot generate energy.
   17.   Now we come to the arrangement of the magnets. These are not arranged randomly but built into a self-contained whole, preferably so that always attracting magnetic poles face each other. All coils are arranged over a continuous magnetic ring, which closes magnetically (not galvanically, otherwise short-circuit).

Page 19

We attach all magnets on both sides of a board so that the cores connected to the left plates (page 8) oscillate, and the others are arranged on the right side of the board as follows:

![Diagram with magnetic arrangements]

Magnets I-II on each side are soft iron cores of the interrupter plates, 3-10 permanent magnets, whose poles face each other as closely as possible (1/2 - 1 mm), thus forming an air gap, performing the same work during pole reversal as the air gap in the dynamo machine. Since permanent magnets lose their permanence when subjected to alternating current, the coils are placed on soft iron cores, forming the extension of a permanent magnet. This can be relatively small, as a magnetization of approximately 120-150 Gauss is sufficient.

The interrupter magnets do not have steel magnets. The front magnets are either pinned or fastened with set screws.

![Diagram with magnet construction]

Any other construction is equally suitable, provided it achieves intimate contact between tungsten steel and iron. The latter construction is much easier since it achieves a galvanic connection of the core with the corresponding plate, making the permanent magnet act as a conductor between the core and plate.

18.   The magnets are wound as follows: each magnet carries three coils, the bottom and top with the same winding direction, the middle with the opposite winding direction.

Page 20

The half of the required magnets on the left, the other half on the right. The former have a north pole at the primary and magnetic coil entrance, a south pole at the exit, the latter a south pole at the entrance and a north pole at the exit. In the secondary coil, it is reversed.

The winding and switching diagram on the following page is now easily understandable. Red, blue, and green represent the current circuits I, II, and III. The pole indications are shown in corresponding colors due to the winding directions. Brown represents the A B circuit. Magnetic potentials (+ and -) are indicated in corresponding colors. The polarity caused by the permanent front magnets is shown in yellow. Left and right are explained above.

The numbers on the coils mean:
1 = bottom
2 = middle
3 = top

All connections and switches are now apparent.

Each individual coil should have as equal winding numbers and resistances as possible to facilitate the tuning and starting of the apparatus.

Page 21

![Detailed wiring and coil diagram]

Page 23

19.   Summary.

From the treatise, it follows that a new source of current or power has not been discovered, but rather the phenomenon involves entirely ordinary extraneous currents. Hence the name: Primary Voltage Converter.

The notion that there is an increase in energy initially appears unbelievable, given that our current understanding of induction phenomena is fundamental to electrical engineering.

We must now embrace a different perspective, one that was already anticipated and named “extra” currents.

In my opinion, all induction currents (whether extra currents or induction currents) originate from an energy source that is directly from the sun or mediated by the iron-nickel core of the earth. As each induced current in the induced conductor is opposed by a counter-induction current in the inducing conductor, this inherent interconnection of the two conductors results in an increase in the induction current and a decrease in the induced current, justifying the view that the energy of one comes from the other.

If my view proves correct, my discovery has enormous significance for all electrical engineering, as it removes the barriers set by the mistaken understanding of the induction process.

The processes in my apparatus do not restrict the validity of the law of conservation of energy.

The induction energy from the sun is likely an oscillation, and like light, heat, etc., is continuously sent to us.

Page 24

I have succeeded in separating action and reaction from each other. Whether this can be done with much simpler means, in every dynamo machine or transformer, I do not know, but I am convinced it can. Further investigations are not the task of the practical inventor but of the physicist.

20.   Exact measurements of the frequency in the apparatus are not yet available. They can, however, be estimated from the prevailing conditions in the apparatus.

The elimination of the permanent fields generates a strong current impulse that produces a countershock in the neutralization circuit, restoring the old fields, and a new impulse is created that makes the fields disappear again.

Each oscillation thus generates two current impulses.

The duration of one oscillation mainly depends on the path the generated current pulse must travel.

The length of the circuit A C D B in my apparatus is about 300 meters. The speed of the current in the conductor depends on the capacitive and inductive conditions and should be about 150,000 km per second in this system. Each current pulse thus requires about 1/200,000 second to pass through the system. Since two such impulses form one oscillation, the frequency should be around 100,000 per second. The wavelength is about 3000 meters.

21.   The power of the apparatus is calculated based on the known induction laws, considering that the continuously increasing energy from magnet to magnet causes the output not to rise arithmetically but geometrically. Each new potential increases the voltage and the sum of all previous ones.

Page 25

This results in a voltage of 322 volts between plate 3 and 4 (1 and 2).

7 = 322 volts
6 = 123 “
5 = 47 “
4 = 18 “
3 = 7 “
2 = 3 “
1 = 1 “

Thus, 8 plates would yield a voltage of 322 volts. However, due to the damping of the system, particularly from the increasing resistance, this is reduced from stage to stage.

Therefore, the total apparatus will soon reach a practical limit because the moment must occur when the increasing damping consumes the voltage and current increase.

In my 8-stage apparatus, a load voltage of around 150 volts is achieved. Four more stages add about 110 volts, another four stages only about 80. Therefore, the construction height is practically limited.

The load capacity has two limitations. Once the output current of about 0.8 amp (in my apparatus) is reached, a simple summation occurs from layer to layer, about 7-8 amps. Additionally, further use resistances must be considered, which must be reduced so that a field direction change in the plate coil system is still sufficiently ensured. In this case, increasing displacement of the rectifying conditions occurs, causing the voltage to drop steadily, and the apparatus, due to excessive damping, loses its oscillations and thus…

Page 26

…stops its energy generation.

If there is a significant mismatch between the resistance of w and that of A C or D B, the apparatus will not start.

I hope I have now provided a completely clear picture of the construction and function of my apparatus.

Berlin, October 1, 1928.

Hans Coler,
Engineer.

I have extracted the "Primary Voltage Converter" which I am assuming is the Stromerzeuger (translates to power generator) into it's own PDF. This looks like one worth building as we have circuit diagrams and method of operation in this doc. The file is 8MB in size so a bit large to upload here. However the individual files in German with the diagrams are
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_136.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_137.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_138.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_139.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_140.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_141.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_142.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_143.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_144.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_145.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_146.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_147.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_148.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_149.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_150.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_151.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_152.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_153.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_154.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_155.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_156.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_157.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_158.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_159.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_160.jpg
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_111.jpg
The English translation is in my last post.

Great - thank you!

I just want to slip in a comment on what I first thought was Kloss' report - could it be that it is an attempt on the theoretical foundation of a patent application - possibly by Coler himself? I am just guessing, I am not sure how such an application would look ilke.

t.

Another sidenote: I am surprised that this is dated October 1. 1928 and found in Bragstad's remaining papers as Bragstad died 10. march 1927.

I was a little slow to reckognize this - but the Schumann report is of course identical to the one translated in the BIOS report of 1946.

Group: Experimentalist

Jim and all,

Here is a composite PDF of your translated text plus the diagrams.  I think it is correct but please let me know if not and I will correct it.

Regards,
Pm

Edit: PDF below corrected on diagrams!
« Last Edit: 2024-07-04, 21:21:54 by partzman »

Group: Professor

Jim and all,

Here is a composite PDF of your translated text plus the diagrams.  I think it is correct but please let me know if not and I will correct it.

Regards,
Pm
That is good except for two errors.  The diagrams on the pdf pages 5 and 6 are very similar but they should be swapped over.  Perhaps you can check this against the jpeg images Jim supplied.  The second problem is Jim's translation has missed out a paragraph.  The missing paragraph is the bottom line on Jim's 154 jpeg leading to the top paragraph on the 155 jpg.  Also the translator got confused with the page numbers around there probably because the typewritten original had one number corrected by pen.

Smudge

That is good except for two errors.  The diagrams on the pdf pages 5 and 6 are very similar but they should be swapped over.  Perhaps you can check this against the jpeg images Jim supplied.  The second problem is Jim's translation has missed out a paragraph.  The missing paragraph is the bottom line on Jim's 154 jpeg leading to the top paragraph on the 155 jpg.  Also the translator got confused with the page numbers around there probably because the typewritten original had one number corrected by pen.

Smudge

Smudge,

The PDF attached in my post above is now corrected regarding the diagrams.

Pm

Thanks Jon,
Excellent work!
https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_129.jpg
Hans Coler letter to the Professor.

"Berlin-Grunewald, Nov. 1, 1926

Kudowastraße 27

Dear Professor,

At the request of Director Sandberg, I am sending you the enclosed report by Mr. Wegland for your kind consideration. The subject of the report aligns with your known documents on the subject and should be of interest to you. Director Sandberg has requested that I have this examined here. This will give you the opportunity to see a device in operation, as depicted in Figure 1, and thus examine the basis of the entire development.

With the expression of my highest respect, I remain yours sincerely,

Hans Coler
"

In the Prof notebook this is then followed by the Schumann report on the Coler device.

"Page 1 https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_130.jpg

on the investigation of the device of Mr. Coler in Berlin on March 19 and 20, 1926.

The device available consists essentially of two parallel-connected coils, which are wound bifilar in a special way and are magnetically interlinked. One of these coils consists of copper tape (called a plate coil), the other of a number of thin parallel-connected insulated wires that run parallel to the plates at a small distance (called coil winding). Both coils can be supplied from separate power sources, at least two power sources are needed to start them. The coils are arranged in two corresponding bifilar winding systems. The power sources are connected to the beginnings, and the consumers to the parallel ends. Additionally, cross-connections are made between corresponding windings of the two halves of the plate coil, containing iron rods with silver contacts. These rods are magnetized by a special power source via applied windings (called excitation winding).

According to the inventor, the energy generation is supposed to occur mainly in these iron rods, with the coil winding playing a significant role.

As far as possible, I have convinced myself of the compliance of the circuit with the device. The excitation winding is electrically separated from the other windings, which was established both with a voltage-free millivoltmeter and in operation with an ohmmeter and a millivoltmeter. To determine the presence of hidden voltage sources, the device was tested with a millivoltmeter without external power sources.

Page 2 https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_131.jpg

No effect was observed. The device was also operated from one room to another through a corridor, so that no hidden connections to the lighting network were possible.

The device included three ammeters for the currents of the three batteries and a current and voltage meter of the soft iron type for the current consumers. Two incandescent lamps were used as such. Furthermore, a precision milliammeter from S&H (rotary coil type), also usable as an ammeter and voltmeter, was available (labeled Dr. Sp.). A rotary coil milliammeter from AEG, a common lab instrument, also usable as a voltmeter, was used (labeled Dr. Sp. AEG. C.).

While the device powered two incandescent lamps, the current output of the three batteries was measured directly at the terminals:

1.   Current of the plate battery: 48 mA
   2.   Current of the coil battery: 39 mA
   3.   Current of the excitation battery: 170 mA

The readings of the built-in instruments agreed with the values from the S&H instrument. Total power output of the batteries, at three elements, 0.257 x 6 = 1.542 watts (the voltage of the batteries was in reality not more than 6 volts).

The power consumption of the incandescent lamps according to the built-in instruments was 3A x 3.5V, thus 10.5 watts, i.e., about 6.7 times the introduced power. Then only one lamp was connected, and a second was regulated to the same brightness with a special accumulator. All currents were measured with the Dr. Sp. S&H. C., all voltages with the Dr. Sp. AEG. C., thus not with the built-in instruments.

Page 3 https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_132.jpg

1.   Current of the plate battery: 28 mA
   2.   Current of the coil circuit battery: 23.5 mA
   3.   Current of the excitation battery: 180 mA
This results in 6 volts battery voltage calculated 6x0.232 = 1.392 watts.

The power consumption of a lamp powered by a special battery burning equally bright was 4.5 volts x 1.5 amps = 6.75 watts. The ratio of both performances is about 4.85.

The instruments used for measurement by S&H and AEG were then compared with each other through current-voltage measurement, whereby the maximum possible measurement error was less than 10%, so the result can be considered reliable.

According to the inventor, the device is now set up for voltage enhancement. The lamp voltage of 3-5 volts is lower than the voltage of the feeding batteries. By circuit changes inside, it should be possible to use it for voltage enhancement.

It was then measured again with the Dr. Sp. AEG. millivoltmeter, the voltage drop in the individual windings of the plate coil on the right and left side of the device was measured. (The coil shape is that of a long narrow rectangle.)

Voltage in millivolts: Windings counted from top to bottom
Right side (1.) - (2.) 0.24 (3.) - (4.) 3.6 (5.) 8.4 (6.) 24 (7.) 22 (8.) 24.6 (9.) 26 (10.) 25

Left side (1.) 0.34 (2.) - (3.) 2.8 (4.) - (5.) 12.4 (6.) 22 (7.) 28 (8.) 100-140 fluctuating strongly (9.) 46 (10.) 30

The voltages are partly very unevenly distributed, which indicates current conduction through the iron cores.

Page 4 https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_133.jpg

Further measurements on individual parts did not allow the built-in apparatus. Variations of the circuit, pre-connected regulating resistors, etc., were not accepted by the inventor, who indicated that the device was extremely sensitive in its setting, especially regarding the magnetic state of the iron cores, and that incorrect handling would cause disturbances that would be difficult to correct.

The next day, I obtained from the Technical High School in Charlottenburg a hot-wire ammeter from H&B (labeled H.Dr.T.H.), a hot-wire voltmeter from H.&B (labeled H.Dr.T.H.), and a precision milliammeter from S.&H. (labeled Dr.Sp.T.H.). With these instruments and those from the previous day, the following measurements were made:

1.   Plate circuit 28 mA Dr.Sp.T.H.
Lamp current 1.53 A Dr.Sp.S&H.C
Lamp current 1.60 A H Dr.T.H
Lamp current 1.3-1.4 built-in soft iron instrument
Lamp voltage 4.05V H Dr.T.H
Lamp voltage 4V built-in soft iron instrument
   2.   Coil circuit 28.5-30 mA Dr.Sp.T.H.
Lamp current 1.47 A Dr.Sp.S&H.C
Lamp current 1.56 A H Dr.T.H
Lamp voltage 3.8V H Dr.T.H
   3.   Excitation circuit 0.173 A Dr.Sp.S&H.C
Lamp current 1.5 A H Dr.T.H
Lamp voltage 3.75-4V H Dr.T.H
Coil circuit 30-30.5 mA Dr.Sp.T.H

Then another performance comparison was made, by regulating a lamp to the same brightness as the one in the apparatus with an accumulator.

Page 5 https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_134.jpg

Lamp in accumulator circuit:
Voltage 4V Dr.Sp.S&H.C
Voltage 3.3V Dr.Sp.AEG.C
Current 1.5A Dr.Sp.S&H.C

Lamp in apparatus:
Voltage 3.85-4.0V H Dr.T.H
Current 1.59 H Dr.T.H
Current in coil circuit 27-28.5 mA Dr.Sp.T.H

The instruments were then compared with each other for the measured current and voltage values:

1.   Voltage meter parallel to two accumulators:
Dr.Sp.AEG 3.2V
H Dr.T.H 3.8V
Dr.Sp.S&H.C 4.2-4.3V
   2.   Ammeter in series:
H Dr.T.H 1.47A
Dr.Sp.S&H.C 1.46-1.47A

Even considering the measurement accuracy of the instruments, the principal result of the energy quadrupling by the device does not change. From the fairly consistent agreement of the hot-wire & rotary coil instruments in the lamp circuit, it follows that this must be essentially about direct current. A hot-wire measurement of the currents from the batteries was not possible.

It should be noted as a striking fact that the coil circuit, which was always switched on first alone, drew a current of 104 mA. As soon as the plate and excitation circuits were switched on simultaneously, as the device requires according to the inventor, the current in the coil circuit drops to about 27 mA.

A definitive judgment on the device must be reserved until all parts have been individually measured and variations in the circuit, load, etc. have been made.

Page 6 https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_135.jpg

Based on the previous findings, which were conducted as carefully as the limited experimental possibilities allowed, I must assume that this is the utilization of a new energy source, the further development of which can be of unforeseeable significance.

The device was visible and accessible in all its essential parts. The inventor was always very willing to allow any examination, as long as it did not harm the functioning of the device according to his statements.

I do not believe in deception. I consider further investigation and development of the device and support for the inventor to be justified and of great importance.

Munich, April 3, 1926

Signed, W.O. Schumann"

The above translations by OpenAI ChatGPT4o

Smudge, as you are probably the one with the most knowledge on the Stomerzeuger, not only historically, but also its overall design, I am curious as to whether the description from 1928 resembles the description in the National Archive from 1947 (the torn page). Are there many similarities or dissimilarities?

And how does Coler's own explanations match up with the theoretical hypothesis that you have been working on?

I am sure it will take some time to go through everything, but I am lookin forward to hear what your thoughts are.

Smudge,

The PDF attached in my post above is now corrected regarding the diagrams.

Pm
Jon my apologies page 1 has additional wording at the bottom of the page. ChatGPT was trying to recreate the diagram. I just did another translation of this page without the additional text at the bottom about the diagram.
"Structure and Functioning of the Primary-Voltage-Converter Coler
1). Based on the observed phenomena, without wanting to justify this physically at this point, it should be assumed that the "extra currents" (self-induction currents) are the seat of energy formation, the true nature of which has so far been misunderstood. (Cf. page     ).
2). Therefore, the task must be to build a system that
a). generates extra currents,
b). rectifies these,
c). connects them in series, collects their energy and conducts it to a load resistance.
3). This results in the following basic circuit:
[Diagram description]
The diagram shows two identical systems, each consisting of a number of plate groups and self-inductions, which are excited by one battery each.
Parts C D and A B are common to both circuits, as are A C and B D.
Thus, current I flows over A C D and A B D in the red arrow direction, current II flows over C A B and C D B in the blue arrow direction. Therefore, A C D B forms a closed circuit within itself. Parts E C and D F serve to generate and rectify the extra currents (in conjunction with the associated flat coils); the"

Jon my apologies page 1 has additional wording at the bottom of the page. ChatGPT was trying to recreate the diagram. I just did another translation of this page without the additional text at the bottom about the diagram.
"Structure and Functioning of the Primary-Voltage-Converter Coler
1). Based on the observed phenomena, without wanting to justify this physically at this point, it should be assumed that the "extra currents" (self-induction currents) are the seat of energy formation, the true nature of which has so far been misunderstood. (Cf. page     ).
2). Therefore, the task must be to build a system that
a). generates extra currents,
b). rectifies these,
c). connects them in series, collects their energy and conducts it to a load resistance.
3). This results in the following basic circuit:
[Diagram description]
The diagram shows two identical systems, each consisting of a number of plate groups and self-inductions, which are excited by one battery each.
Parts C D and A B are common to both circuits, as are A C and B D.
Thus, current I flows over A C D and A B D in the red arrow direction, current II flows over C A B and C D B in the blue arrow direction. Therefore, A C D B forms a closed circuit within itself. Parts E C and D F serve to generate and rectify the extra currents (in conjunction with the associated flat coils); the"

Jim,

OK, I hope I understand you correctly so please check the revised PDF below to see if I made the proper change!

Regards,
Pm

Smudge, as you are probably the one with the most knowledge on the Stomerzeuger, not only historically, but also its overall design, I am curious as to whether the description from 1928 resembles the description in the National Archive from 1947 (the torn page). Are there many similarities or dissimilarities?

And how does Coler's own explanations match up with the theoretical hypothesis that you have been working on?

I am sure it will take some time to go through everything, but I am lookin forward to hear what your thoughts are.
Thomas,

This new archive of information is certainly helping in replicating the construction details of the Stromerzeuger.  Unlike the Magnetostromapparat, the Hurst report did not include any diagrams, only words and the National Archives did not add anything.  It was Fred Epps suggestion that the Stromerzeuger was based on the Norrby patent that led me to produce my take on its construction and circuit diagram.  Your new data clears up some details.  In the Norrby patent the iron cores are very small and mounted vertically on each side of the central vertical board.  The Hurst report says "zig-zag pattern" and your new data confirms that the cores are not vertical but truly angled in that pattern.  Thus there is close coupling of magnetic poles that now needs consideration.  Another clarification is the use of a thin permanant magnet attached to the larger diameter soft cores.  This is only loosely referred to in the Hurst report as "silver wire" (presumably its colour and not its material) or "piano wire" that might be magnetized.  That Coler letter does not explicity give us the circuit and layout but it will certainly help in figuring it out.

As the unusual feature is the passage of current through the cores, I came up with two possibilities for how the anomalous current or voltage there could arise.  One was the possibility that FMR (ferromagnetic resonance that is a version of NMR, nuclear magnetic resonance) could be the culprit.  In the early days of NMR discovery (back in 1948) it was noted that the experiments delivered anomalous energy.  It would require part of the core to have uniform static field along its length, and the combination of the PM one end of the core and DC current through an appropriate winding might produce such linearity.  Another possibility is the known but little used feature that spin polarized electrons within a non-uniform field can be dragged along by the field gradient.  Neither of these were followed up by experiments as Chava pulled he plug on further work.  There is another possibility that has now come to mind.  If a current of electrons flowing into a core are spin-polarised before they enter a core (as they will be if flowing though a PM attached to the core) they can alter the core's magnetic field hence influence the electric circuit in which its coils are part.  This is especially so if the injected current coincides with the point in the cycle where the core's incremental permeability is greatest.  Of course, in the 1920's NMR wasn't known nor was the new science of spintronics dealing with spin-polarised electrons.

I need more time to study Coler's letter before commenting on his explanations.

Smudge   

Jim,

OK, I hope I understand you correctly so please check the revised PDF below to see if I made the proper change!

Regards,
Pm
PM,

Now you have added words that already existed.  Your first pdf is OK but the following words need deleting from the bottom of pdf page 1 and the top of pdf page 2.

Redrawn Diagram:
Diagram Components:
•   C D, A B, A C, B D: Shared parts of the circuits
•   E C, D F: Components for generating and rectifying extra currents
Diagram Description:
•   Red Arrows: Direction of current I
•   Blue Arrows: Direction of current II
•   Shared Components: Parts that are common to both circuits

There are similar words at other places in the document that are not translations of the original text but are the AI attempt to describe the images. 

With regard to my ealier post I have shown in the image below the paragraph I think is missing.  If Jim could translate that we could check.

That puts your pdf in line with the original, apart from the words "page number #"  that appear everywhere and are the page numders of the original German text and diverge from your pdf page numbering.  Deleting those would tidy up the document.

Smudge

PM,

Now you have added words that already existed.  Your first pdf is OK but the following words need deleting from the bottom of pdf page 1 and the top of pdf page 2.

Redrawn Diagram:
Diagram Components:
•   C D, A B, A C, B D: Shared parts of the circuits
•   E C, D F: Components for generating and rectifying extra currents
Diagram Description:
•   Red Arrows: Direction of current I
•   Blue Arrows: Direction of current II
•   Shared Components: Parts that are common to both circuits

There are similar words at other places in the document that are not translations of the original text but are the AI attempt to describe the images. 

With regard to my ealier post I have shown in the image below the paragraph I think is missing.  If Jim could translate that we could check.

That puts your pdf in line with the original, apart from the words "page number #"  that appear everywhere and are the page numders of the original German text and diverge from your pdf page numbering.  Deleting those would tidy up the document.

Smudge
Jon, Smudge is correct on his assessment of your document. Also be aware that 3 different tools have given me 3 subtly different translations for page 1 second last sentence. "Somit bil-
det A C D B einen in sich geschlossenen Strom- kreis." where  "Closed circuit" "Closed loop" "self-contained circuit" is discussed.

The missing paragraph  (Page 20 Hans Coler numbering or file 225001474_155.jpg) reads "(in order not to exhaust the battery too quickly) is about 0.8 Amp, the magnetizing coil has 100 - 120 turns, the size ratio of the permanent magnet to the soft iron core can be easily calculated. The latter must be magnetized so strongly by magnetic influence that its magnetism can be neutralized by 80 - 100 ampere-turns."
This text appears to be discussing some technical details of an electromagnetic device, specifically mentioning:

A current of 0.8 Amp to avoid quickly draining the battery
A magnetizing coil with 100-120 turns
A calculation involving the ratio of a permanent magnet to a soft iron core
The need for strong magnetization that can be neutralized by 80-100 ampere-turns"

Could the wire have been made from nickel silver, aka German silver? It is sometimes used as piano wire.

Smudge and Jim,

I have attached the latest PDF with what I hope are the right corrections including the missing paragraph which had a slight addition at the beginning.  Let me know if this looks correct!

Regards,
Pm 

Could the wire have been made from nickel silver, aka German silver? It is sometimes used as piano wire.
There is no mention of any special wire. Schumann refers to copper tape with regards to the plates.
"Page 1 https://ntnu.tind.io/record/397261/files/225001474_130.jpg

on the investigation of the device of Mr. Coler in Berlin on March 19 and 20, 1926.

The device available consists essentially of two parallel-connected coils, which are wound bifilar in a special way and are magnetically interlinked. One of these coils consists of copper tape (called a plate coil), the other of a number of thin parallel-connected insulated wires that run parallel to the plates at a small distance (called coil winding). Both coils can be supplied from separate power sources, at least two power sources are needed to start them. The coils are arranged in two corresponding bifilar winding systems. The power sources are connected to the beginnings, and the consumers to the parallel ends. Additionally, cross-connections are made between corresponding windings of the two halves of the plate coil, containing iron rods with silver contacts. These rods are magnetized by a special power source via applied windings (called excitation winding)."

I think you are way out of order here implying that Thomas is spreading rumours.  His position is quite clear,

"Around 1952, a version of the Coler-apparatus (build by Chalmers) was succesfully demonstrated at a UK university" is only a rumor, not a fact.

I'm not judging on intentions, it certainly wasn't his intention to relay a rumor, but a statement resembling a fact when there's no proven evidence to back it up is indeed a rumor.
When there's no proof that it's a fact, it has to be said, and as far as I'm concerned, it's done.
I think it's everyone's responsibility to filter what they report and to specify its nature. That said, everyone can make mistakes at one time or another or be imprecise, no one is infallible, I don't blame anyone.

---------------------------
"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

As the unusual feature is the passage of current through the cores, I came up with two possibilities for how the anomalous current or voltage there could arise.  One was the possibility that FMR (ferromagnetic resonance that is a version of NMR, nuclear magnetic resonance) could be the culprit.  In the early days of NMR discovery (back in 1948) it was noted that the experiments delivered anomalous energy.  It would require part of the core to have uniform static field along its length, and the combination of the PM one end of the core and DC current through an appropriate winding might produce such linearity.  Another possibility is the known but little used feature that spin polarized electrons within a non-uniform field can be dragged along by the field gradient.  Neither of these were followed up by experiments as Chava pulled he plug on further work.  There is another possibility that has now come to mind.  If a current of electrons flowing into a core are spin-polarised before they enter a core (as they will be if flowing though a PM attached to the core) they can alter the core's magnetic field hence influence the electric circuit in which its coils are part.  This is especially so if the injected current coincides with the point in the cycle where the core's incremental permeability is greatest.  Of course, in the 1920's NMR wasn't known nor was the new science of spintronics dealing with spin-polarised electrons.

These are interesting hypotheses, but they cannot in themselves explain surplus energy. They need to be combined with other hypotheses.
If we apply Occam's razor, a non-exotic source of energy, except in the way it would be triggered, could be nuclear energy through the radioactivity of iron. Obviously the β- hypothesis would be preferable. The possible isotopes are 59FE to 69FE.
60FE should be eliminated, as its lifetime is far too long.
The other elements are short-lived and cannot be assumed to have a natural origin. The longest of these (59FE) has a half-life of 44 days but could not have been produced in Coler's time.
The remaining assumption would be a transmutation whose triggering could be due to one of the other hypotheses that you have made, in which case the decay of the isotopes 61FE to 69FE would be very rapid (half-life <0.5s), generating electrons, and those of 59FE might also be possible as a cause if a larger number of atoms is involved. Of course, all this remains highly speculative.

Group: Ambassador

Just a note
Member “Listener” posted this “magneto acoustic “ Hans Coler paper in another thread!
(Link : to post 337 https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=4330.msg113105;topicseen#msg113105 )
Note to F6
Most builders prefer all information presented here unaltered or opinionated ( even hearsay or? )
As even these letters or comments on this page would have fallen into category of hearsay/urban legend? until…..
They weren’t ( as in found documents).

Yes hopefully some experiments will manifest from contributions ( and obviously discussions towards experiments ( as you hypothesized above.

Respectfully
Chet K
EDIT for comment post 122 below
PS to F6 comment below

F6FLT Quote :
Saying "such and such a device was tested at the University of xxx", and saying "so-and-so said such and such a device was tested at the University of xxx", are not at all the same thing.
End quote .

Writing about events from a century ago , here this topic writes of correspondence , events and information which would have been perceived as hearsay …until they weren’t ( recently found).

Quite certain there were similar comments ( “ that’s just hearsay”) about correspondence and events written here ..
Hopefully as more effort is spent investigating these bits .. more connections can be made to other “Lost” or unpublished information ( testing etc etc.

« Last Edit: 2024-07-09, 14:36:10 by Chet K »

Coler is working on the hexagon together with Richter in april 1947:

Conversation with Coler, who said that it was now possible to get the hexagon started without difficulty, but that the further regulation upwards did not work, because the wire was too stiff. He therefore tried through one of the other Germans out there to get hold of a flexible wire and was to get it tonight.[...] Also, he and Richter had decided that 2000 cm condensers would be better, and later that day I got him a couple of those as well. C. further said that they had already had a reaction to the oscillograph, and it looked as if the frequency 180 kilohertz recommended by Schumann was calculated too high. It would probably turn out to be around 20 kilohertz.

Note to F6
Most builders prefer all information presented here unaltered or opinionated ( even hearsay or? )
As even these letters or comments on this page would have fallen into category of hearsay/urban legend? until…..
They weren’t ( as in found documents).

Yes hopefully some experiments will manifest from contributions ( and obviously discussions towards experiments ( as you hypothesized above.

Respectfully
Chet K

I probably don't understand your comment, I'll answer as I understand it.
Saying "such and such a device was tested at the University of xxx", and saying "so-and-so said such and such a device was tested at the University of xxx", are not at all the same thing.
The first formulation expresses the fact that the device was tested, the second expresses the fact that someone said the device had been tested. The fact is not at all the same.
The lack of "someone said that" can make a rumor seem like a fact, that's just what I said above. Rigorous logic is as necessary in rhetorical expression as it is in physical theories and experimentation.

Sorry about the delay in studying the Coler paper from 1928, other things in my life have taken priority.  Here is what I have arrived at so far.
This now confirms the zig-zag layout of the Fe cores mounted on either face of a central board.  My earlier work showing them vertically emplaced as in the Norrby patent is clearly wrong.  Coler states that the adjacent poles almost touch so the cores on each face form a magnetic (not galvanic) circuit.  He states a closed magnetic circuit but doesn't explain the closure at the end of each zig-zag unless this occurs through the mounting board.  Also different from the Norrby patent, each core has three windings on it so they are transformers.  Coler mentions transformers a lot.  Each winding is labelled P, S or M and these letters appear on his complicated overall circuit diagram towards the end of his report.  There you can see the zig-zags as a series of lines, each line represents the core alignment and the three electrical connections from end to end all as a single line (very confusing).  It now appears that the P coils connect to the flat plates of the device whereas Norrby had his plates connected to the cores, not the windings on the cores.  This is a big departure from Norrby's patent and is a far more complicated circuit.  Coler does mention galvanic connection to the Fe cores but does not show that in his circuits.  Another departure from Norrby is the addition of the "interruptor" circuit that seems to be an extra set of plates and flat coils wired different from the rest.  This extra set uses plain Fe rods as cores, whereas the remainder use Fe rods with permanent magnets attached to one end.  These PM's are stated to be tungsten steel and mentions galvanic connection between core and plate as occurs in Norrby.  But nowhere does Coler show this connection.  Nor does he show any connections to the flat coils, but he does mention the flat coils so that part of Norrby could be correct.  It needs more work to fathom this out but at least we have something more to work on.  He does talk of one of the coil windings being used to cancel out the PM field.  More later.

Smudge     

Sorry about the delay in studying the Coler paper from 1928, other things in my life have taken priority.  Here is what I have arrived at so far.
This now confirms the zig-zag layout of the Fe cores mounted on either face of a central board.  My earlier work showing them vertically emplaced as in the Norrby patent is clearly wrong.  Coler states that the adjacent poles almost touch so the cores on each face form a magnetic (not galvanic) circuit.  He states a closed magnetic circuit but doesn't explain the closure at the end of each zig-zag unless this occurs through the mounting board.  Also different from the Norrby patent, each core has three windings on it so they are transformers.  Coler mentions transformers a lot.  Each winding is labelled P, S or M and these letters appear on his complicated overall circuit diagram towards the end of his report.  There you can see the zig-zags as a series of lines, each line represents the core alignment and the three electrical connections from end to end all as a single line (very confusing).  It now appears that the P coils connect to the flat plates of the device whereas Norrby had his plates connected to the cores, not the windings on the cores.  This is a big departure from Norrby's patent and is a far more complicated circuit.  Coler does mention galvanic connection to the Fe cores but does not show that in his circuits.  Another departure from Norrby is the addition of the "interruptor" circuit that seems to be an extra set of plates and flat coils wired different from the rest.  This extra set uses plain Fe rods as cores, whereas the remainder use Fe rods with permanent magnets attached to one end.  These PM's are stated to be tungsten steel and mentions galvanic connection between core and plate as occurs in Norrby.  But nowhere does Coler show this connection.  Nor does he show any connections to the flat coils, but he does mention the flat coils so that part of Norrby could be correct.  It needs more work to fathom this out but at least we have something more to work on.  He does talk of one of the coil windings being used to cancel out the PM field.  More later.

Smudge     
Thanks mate I appreciate your work on this.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-10-23, 17:44:03