Sourcing cores for saturable reactors

Started by bte, 2025.11.21, 16:46:56

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

bte

I'm looking into a saturable reactor as a switch for some research I'm conducting at the moment. I'm looking for cores that have as square a BH curve as possible. Does anyone have any resources/documentation on tape wound cores or testing methods for determining the curve?

bte


Verpies

Quote from: bte on 2025.11.21, 16:46:56
I'm looking into a saturable reactor as a switch for some research I'm conducting at the moment. I'm looking for cores that have as square a BH curve as possible. Does anyone have any resources/documentation on tape wound cores or testing methods for determining the curve?
Metglass and Nanoperm come to mind here.
I think Bearden used the ones made by Honeywell.

The BH curve measuring process is described on this forum*.
A modern digital oscilloscope with an integrating Math trace helps a lot.

* Don't ask me to find it for you.

bte

Quote from: Verpies on 2025.11.21, 17:43:16
Metglass and Nanoperm come to mind here.
I think Bearden used the ones made by Honeywell.

The BH curve measuring process is described on this forum*.
A modern digital oscilloscope with an integrating Math trace helps a lot.

* Don't ask me to find it for you.

Nice I'll do some sleuthing, thanks.