PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 21:52:33
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: LTJT - poynt99 Tests Assembled Unit  (Read 44515 times)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
There is nothing more I can do.

I tested a device after repairing a loose solder joint, and the device came up COP<<1. Lawrence now claims that my solder repair spoiled the tuning of the unit which is why it no longer operates in pseudo-resonance mode, and therefore not COP>>1.

I would like to send the unit back to Lawrence in hopes that he will use what he has learned here about testing, and re-test this unit after he re-tunes it for optimum performance.

Like I said, I've done what I can. Now it's up to Lawrence to prove to himself that this unit is COP>>1. I expect he will post the results when they become available.

In the mean time, yes; Lawrence, if you have another unit you feel is worthy of testing, by all means I am open to testing it. Just be sure that the unit is properly soldered so that it can not change in any way in transport. The testing I've done on that unit has turned out to be totally in vain, and I would hate for anyone to waste their time on testing when a simple solder joint repair invalidates any tests performed on it.

There is nothing more I can do.

I tested a device after repairing a loose solder joint, and the device came up COP<<1. Lawrence now claims that my solder
repair spoiled the tuning of the unit which is why it no longer operates in pseudo-resonance mode
This is possible.

Don't forget that the resonant frequency of a LR, CR circuit depends on R, and if you replaced a badly
soldered joint with significant resistance with one with less, then it would throw resonance out.

Group: Guest
Yeah,

And that applies quadruply to pseudo-resonance!  That cold solder joint is probably the key to the OU puzzle and, if all solder joints could be made that way, most common circuits and electrical appliances would most likely begin producing copious free energy.

Damn soldering textbooks, anyhow!   C.C

Humby

Group: Professor

I checked with a colleague at the University from which I retired.  I told him I'm looking for a DSO that has:

1.  Math multiply function, to permit display and calculations on the P = V*I waveform as we have discussed
2.  Built-in calculation of the MEAN (or average), that is, a number for Paverage, as we have also discussed.

Here are the oscilloscopes available for me to borrow and bring to my home lab at this time, and I ask if anyone can help determine whether the two functions above are available on any of these:

Tektronix 2445,  2215 and 2213

Hitachi V-222

LeCroy WaveAce 101.

Thanks.

PhysicsProf:

Your best course of action would be to use Google to find the user manuals, download them, and look for the information yourself.

MileHigh

@ Paul-R
That's a rather stupid statement. Your blinders are affecting what is reality! There is NO excess energy in this Lawrence set-up - bad solder joint or not. Just lack of electronics understanding and not knowing how to measure power. Seriously people ....

cheers
chrisC

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
 I checked with a colleague at the University from which I retired.  I told him I'm looking for a DSO that has:

1.  Math multiply function, to permit display and calculations on the P = V*I waveform as we have discussed
2.  Built-in calculation of the MEAN (or average), that is, a number for Paverage, as we have also discussed.

Here are the oscilloscopes available for me to borrow and bring to my home lab at this time, and I ask if anyone can help determine whether the two functions above are available on any of these:

Tektronix 2445,  2215 and 2213

Hitachi V-222

LeCroy WaveAce 101.

Thanks.

Professor,

I don't think any of those are purely digital, nor have the required functions. They are all quite old and mostly analog.

Did you recently buy a scope? I suppose it does not have what we need?

The ideal would be to borrow the relatively new DPO Tek scope you were using there....but I suppose they don't want to lend that one off campus....can't blame them.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 21:52:33