PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-14, 07:27:47
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 48
Author Topic: Akula0083 30 watt self running generator.  (Read 933463 times)
Group: Guest
So maybe we now know all about the transformer??  8) O0

Edit:

I guess there are more questions...

Air gap in core and if so how much

L1/L2 not same size wire in picture, yet labeled same in schematic

Following Itsu's logic, this is what I imagine the winding of the transformer looks like.  Sorry not good with graphics.

I think that he used .75mm (20 AWG) for L2 and 1mm (18 AWG) for L1.

This might be a stupid question, but stranded or solid wire?

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
I think L2 is referencing the coil and not the foil as it has number of turns and wire type listed under it.
Agreed but he has drawn the line to the right of L2 coil which to me means it's only L2 that screened otherwise he would have drawn the line to the left of L1 as well if both were screened separately.

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Dear 4Tesla and all.

Perhaps you missed this post ?? http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2358.msg36789#msg36789

Yes I do believe that I had, at first misunderstood T-1000's coiling schedule. I will be rewinding later and then looking for anomalies.

Attached is version 2 !! O0

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

There has been so much stuff posted on both threads that I now can't remember who suggested the coils might be Litz wire in a heat proof sheathing.  ???  :)

I am sure they will step forward !!

Cheers Grum.

Dear 4Tesla and all.

Perhaps you missed this post ?? http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2358.msg36789#msg36789

Yes I do believe that I had, at first misunderstood T-1000's coiling schedule. I will be rewinding later and then looking for anomalies.

Attached is version 2 !! O0

Cheers Grum.

Cool!! Your graphic a lot nicer than mine! :) 8)

Agreed but he has drawn the line to the right of L2 coil which to me means it's only L2 that screened otherwise he would have drawn the line to the left of L1 as well if both were screened separately.

But L2 does go under L1.. so I think all windings?

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Translated in the image I attached a few posts up.  O0

I think L2 is referencing the coil and not the foil as it has number of turns and wire type listed under it.

4Tesla and Peterae, 

i have to agree with you, L2 is not the shield, but the larger (45t) coil, well spotted.

But how do we shield only this L2 coil as it is half covered by L1, only the the L2 part visible?

Questions. questions......

Regards Itsu 

I wrapped a piece of aluminum foil almost all the way around the outside, on top of all the windings, but I do not let the 2 ends of the aluminum touch each other. 
I think this aluminum is not really a shield but more like an antenna to pickup "something" being sent from the coils.
Its just my guess until I can prove it.

DonL

4Tesla and Peterae, 

i have to agree with you, L2 is not the shield, but the larger (45t) coil, well spotted.

But how do we shield only this L2 coil as it is half covered by L1, only the the L2 part visible?

Questions. questions......

Regards Itsu 

I don't see any shielding in the picture.. so I think we have it down to two options.. either just the visible L2 or everything.

I wrapped a piece of aluminum foil almost all the way around the outside, on top of all the windings, but I do not let the 2 ends of the aluminum touch each other. 
I think this aluminum is not really a shield but more like an antenna to pickup "something" being sent from the coils.

DonL

Thanks for posting!  Welcome to the forum.  O0

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
But isn't L1 on the left of the image and L2 on the right, then wrap the alu over the right half of the transformer.

Here's some food for thought, in Nuclear Acoustic Resonance during beta decay aluminium is used to shield against fast moving particles, but if heavier metals are used then it possible for the fast particles to cause Gamma radiation & xrays, i hope that's right anyway, Verpies warned against using heavier metals.  O0

Also note that in the transformer picture that it appears that L1 looks thicker, this is not so, with L2 he has pulled the woven fiberglass sleeving tight to make it longer and have less diameter, he's probably done this to get more turns for L2

I would try to get some of that sleeving from an electrical shop because it will affect your windings spacing and therefore change the transformers operation quiet a bit. i think it's sold by the meter  O0 , you will note on the diagram that both L1 & L2 are both using the same thickness wire.

It maybe worth videoing yourself building the transformer and put that up on youtube and post a link to it on Akula's feed, he may pipe in and say whats wrong.

It maybe worth videoing yourself building the transformer and put that up on youtube and post a link to it on Akula's feed, he may pipe in and say whats wrong.

It would be cool if Akula would chime in, but he seems to be avoiding communication as I and others haven't received replies to emails and pms.

Well, I have to go.  I'll try to follow on my phone.. I'll be back on my PC on the weekend.

Thanks!  Confirmed that may be what Akula (Roman) used.

I'm not sure of the varying characteristics between a Pot-Core and an E-Core, but something to note is the foil isn't the width of the entire core and is centered over what would be the gap.  It's also not clear whether this foil makes a complete loop or not, but in this circuit it does connect to ground, denoted as X4 in the attached schematic.

Added capacitance centered on the gap...  Could it be electrons are being ejected in that particular location and funneled to ground?  Or the other way around, the foil is a negative capacitor plate causing positive charge to build up in the gap?  It's there for a reason and probably important.  If one of us can get a working device, we can build replicas and found out.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-17, 20:12:58 by Matt Watts »

There has been so much stuff posted on both threads that I now can't remember who suggested the coils might be Litz wire in a heat proof sheathing.  ???  :)

Grum, can you tell if this is a solder scorching of the insulation or just rosin residue?

I'm not sure of the varying characteristics between a Pot-Core and an E-Core, but something to note is the foil isn't the width of the entire core and is centered over what would be the gap.  It's also not clear whether this foil makes a complete loop or not, but in this circuit it does connect to ground, denoted as X4 in the attached schematic.

Added capacitance centered on the gap...  Could it be electrons are being ejected in that particular location and funneled to ground?  Or the other way around, the foil is a negative capacitor plate causing positive charge to build up in the gap?  It's there for a reason and probably important.  If one of us can get a working device, we can build replicas and found out.

I just noticed you're new to the forum.  Welcome to the forum!  O0

« Last Edit: 2014-03-18, 14:57:19 by 4Tesla »

This document describes the importance of the gap between the two pieces of ferrite.  I believe it was originally authored by Andrei Melnichenko and translated.

Dear All.

I am sure they will step forward !!

Cheers Grum.

@Grumage

Yes, it looks like Litz wire because of that black residue on the solder. Very common because of all the wire coating that melts and carbonizes during the solder process. Litz is very often used as a primary coil.

Man all this information should have been available from Akula so why are all the questions still pending when he could have resolved them all in a few sentences. Maybe someone needs to contact Wesley.

Ultimately, if there is no direct information from Akula on this, you will have to test a second transformer wound normal like I have mentioned, 15 turns on left half, 45 turns on right half, keep the gap free, otherwise the if you are basing your results on only this @T1000 method, then you may be working in the wrong direction from the start.

wattsup

Buy me a cigar
Grum, can you tell if this is a solder scorching of the insulation or just rosin residue?

Dear Matt.

A good question !! I have also noticed how, as with each presentation the picture quality gets worse !! I think Peterae's analysis is probably the best, ECW in a heat proof sheath the one being a little stretched to cover the greater amount of wire.

BUT,  I seem to remember when the  photo first appeared, seeing what appeared to be multi strands of tinned copper at the termination !! So it could also be Litz wire !! Which is ideally suited to high frequency applications and, more particularly, TPU's !!

Itsu and I spent an interesting hour via Skype last night comparing notes on not quite identical transformers !! I ordered non gapped Ferrites, Itsu 2mm gapped Ferrites. The difference in inductance was huge !! milli Henries for me, micro Henries for Itsu. Both bobbins were wound to the revised schedule I posted yesterday.

There would be more but I managed to fry my Mosfet !! But a point of note. Using my improved PWM from RMC (Non Mosfet) very different scope shots were seen !!  Noise might play a big part in this device !!

Cheers Grum.

Litz wire or just stranded wire?  I did notice many very fine copper strands.  It can be seen in original closeup on page one.  My conclusion was just stranded wire, but maybe it is litz.  Also, L2 solid, stranded, or litz?  Does anyone know of good suppliers for cores and litz wire?

If it is litz we know it is about 1mm total thickness and very fine strands.

What type of litz has been used in these devices?  There are 8 types.

Well I fired-up DipTrace and prepared a test circuit based off the schematic we currently have.  We should be able to evaluate various transformer designs.  If this looks useful, give it a good inspection for obvious errors and I'll correct them.

Keep in mind the start switch is momentary.  If voltage across C11 bleeds off immediately, something isn't right.  I would think using a low frequency, low duty cycle signal source at first would be best.  Little impulses should show the effect we are after.  Ease things up gently.  If you happen to get a good wind on the test coil with a proper gap on the core, it may take off and self destruct quickly.  Be ready to kill the signal source if you see the voltmeter across C11 jump up beyond 12 volts.

I would have to guess R2 and C4 need to match the test transformer so the Akula values would only be a starting point.  I'd like to try little larger values for R1 and R3 to keep things from blowing up, but I'm just not sure whether the transformer will respond by doing that.

It is going to be tricky to work with a looped system like this because there are no independent variables that I can see.  Everything seems to depend on something upstream of it and around the loop we go.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-18, 15:42:21 by Matt Watts »

I found this on litz wire types.  I'm assuming Type 1 is what has been used in these devices (kapa/tpu).
http://www.litzwire.com/litz_types.htm

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 48
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-14, 07:27:47