PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 19:09:01
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Help Building a special transformer ?  (Read 80319 times)
Group: Guest
I will strive to produce an acceptable hypothesis, then a testable theory and an experiment to prove his existence.

The hypothesis also must be testable, and the first to be tested. It would be totally inefficient to build big theories on unfounded hypotheses.

@Poynt99
"Certainly GL is not trying to perpetuate a hoax..." but "the road to hell is paved with good intention". I don't judge anyone on alleged intent, but I challenge what he really says when there are good reasons.  

Still maintaining that GW waves could be related to this kind of detector, without making a consistent hypothesis about a causal relation and when it is not even proved that gravity waves are generated by earthquakes, is a lie. Maybe I'm as proud as William of Baskerville in "The Name of the Rose" but I maintain without worrying about the consequences, that it is a lie.

GL is a valued contributing member, perhaps in electronics, but his pseudo-"gw detector" is a disservice to the community. The truth and the reality, or the pleasure of the wishful thinking, we have to choose. As I know that the second way is the easiest and the nicest for a personal satisfaction, I have no doubt that it attracts many people, especially the less skilled, and that GL will have followers for animating the forum with a funny entertainment and a personal pleasant infatuation but certainly not to get the austere goal that was set.

"What is asserted without proof could be reinforced with proof", yes, but only sometimes when what is asserted is at least somewhere linked to observations, facts and reality. It is not a generality.

A typical example is the hoax of the "gravity wave detector" from Groundloop (the thread is now censored, the posts from several members emphasizing the flaws and asking the good questions have been removed).

There is not one logical argument that could link this detector and gravity waves. When I ironically asserted that his detector could as well detect the farts of the invisible Pink Unicorn feeling an earthquake and scared, do you really believe that this can be "reinforced with proof"? Certainly not and as well for the gravity waves, because both assertions are completely unfounded, not one argument being given in favor of a causal relation between GW or Unicorn's farts and the signal from the detector.

So what do we want? Do we want to dream extravagant laws of an imaginary Nature that is not ours and so, never be able to build a single machine that works, or do we want to confront with reality and unravel mysteries of Nature in order to use it at our convenience? If the second point is our goal, then we have not to try to prove that anything we could imagine is real, but we have to imagine what could be the reality by deducing it directly and logically from what we observe.

What I see is that one can lack in recognizing genuine in others.  Sometimes small things in life can make you happy if you can recognize it.  I don't agree that the GW machine doesn't work.  It shows something relating to earthquakes.  He doesn't have an explanation just be cause he doesn't, he's a builder.  Actually it's your job to explain what is happening, but because you can't agree that it shows anything interesting, you dismissed it. 

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
The bottom line is an anomly happens and it is picked up. What the hell is wrong with that?

It is what WaveWatcher's signature says. Paraphrase [Get out of my I am doing work...]

---------------------------

Group: Ambassador

I believe Ex exists...Some how he always has and he always will........Super EX...

Just like perpetual motion being unusual?? Everything is always moving... we just don't notice [perspective].
Oh and Immortality....Everything on the planet comes with a free update [seed] ...Everything with out exception!! for some reason the update gets canceled [no renewals] after one use...........
A design feature [for now]!

Very Cool place we have here !!

Thats my theory

Chet
PS
And as far as my friend Groundloop ....
Our world is a much better place with Groundloop in it!
Much better................

Wasn't the trigger for all of these expensive gravity wave detection systems based upon a single individual with massive aluminum cylinders and piezoelectric sensors? His results were determined to be false or falsified?
If that is true then why do we spend huge amounts of money for elaborate systems and absolutely no evidence any of them may work?

I'll tell you all something that may explain why I don't elaborate on my basis for my interest in GroundLoop's project.....

More than enough preliminary work and discussion has already taken place in a far more formal atmosphere than here. I do not and probably never will feel the need to start the normal fiasco of post bombing, name calling, insults and attempted degradation by the usual sources here and on other 'less professional' forums.

As we can see, for a few Science is more a philosophy than the tool it should be. For others, it is simply a religion and woe be the blasphemers!

To me, laying out a multibillion dollar set of lasers and mirrors with the beams along the same plane and none normal to the Earth's surface is just plain stupid. The height of the stupidity is the gargantuan size of these practical jokes. Why can't these fools understand that the laser beam is nothing more than an adjunct to the real gravity wave sensor - The Earth.

Don't get me wrong. I don't disagree with the purpose and expectations of the laser beams. Neither do the people performing the same tests with equipment that would fit in a small garage.

Don't expect them to publish their work very soon. The last attempt collected nothing but denial without cause from the likes of some here.

The so-called 'real scientists' can continue with trying to build massive sensors capable of tuning into the upper terahertz region when the wave isn't even transverse. I'm sure these bastards are pocketing plenty of money in the process. What difference does it make if some small group of 'ignorants' look to some like they are trying to take money or the real thieves rip enough money to feed most of the third world with ridiculously idiotic projects when they have already been shown such is not required.

You want to know the real reason why the latest satellite gravity wave project stopped in its tracks?

Investigate yourselves. I doubt any text or link I provide would be considered trustworthy by some. I'm just an ignorant  ;D

Oh! I forgot....

I haven't seen enough data to continue the effort of building a proof for the animate existence of one thought to be an individual.  My 'best guess' is it is nothing but a later version of 'Elisa' from the TRS-80 days. It was fun talking to her too.... for about 10 seconds.  ;)

@Wavewatcher
The so-called 'real scientists' can continue with trying to build massive sensors capable of tuning into the upper terahertz region when the wave isn't even transverse. I'm sure these bastards are pocketing plenty of money in the process. What difference does it make if some small group of 'ignorants' look to some like they are trying to take money or the real thieves rip enough money to feed most of the third world with ridiculously idiotic projects when they have already been shown such is not required.

It's kind of funny that many of the critics here seemed so very concerned that some may intentionally send a small amount of money to something they consider a hoax and yet nobody blinks an eye at the frequent billion dollar boondoggles we see in the supposed name of science. It kind of puts a whole new spin on the word hoax when the taxpayers fighting just to make ends meet are FORCED to pay for complete and utter f@#king nonsense. That is we know it is a farce and we know there is no way in hell this kind of stupidity is going to work and yet we are forced to pay for it against our will. If the critics here really have our best interests at heart then maybe they should go criticize these assholes into submission and leave the experimenters here alone.

Regards
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

AC:

That is we know it is a farce and we know there is no way in hell this kind of stupidity is going to work

Famous words from you considering that you just contradicted yourself with respect to about 90% of the postings that you have made on this site.

MileHigh

@Milehigh
Famous words from you considering that you just contradicted yourself with respect to about 90% of the postings that you have made on this site.
It is one thing to explore the realm of science and quite another to be forced against our will to fund drivel, I did not ask for it, I did not approve it and I was never given a choice. If someone wants to fund experiments for themselves then that's great or if they want to seek private funding from those willing even better however giving away billions of taxpayers dollars to any half-wit with a degree spouting gibberish is not acceptable in my books.

Regards
AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

ha ha  Who is a half-wit and who is spouting gibberish?  Who decides?  YOU?  lol

@Milehigh where do you stand on a free energy device, in your opinion is it even possible.

Most people here I can figure out where there coming from,concerning free energy,you I have trouble with,so I have to ask
you.At times you go in both ways ,a believer that its possible but you need to do better measurements to be sure and a skeptic that its not possible at all.

Actually it's your job to explain what is happening, but because you can't agree that it shows anything interesting, you dismissed it. 

This is false.
I don't say that it is not interesting, because we can't yet know if there is something interesting or not.
I don't dismiss the detector, I dismiss only the possibility it detects gw and the method consisting to suppose a priori that it detects gw when there is not one evidence, instead of making an analysis keeping open all possibilities,  including even possible measurement artefacts.

@Milehigh where do you stand on a free energy device, in your opinion is it even possible.

Most people here I can figure out where there coming from,concerning free energy,you I have trouble with,so I have to ask
you.At times you go in both ways ,a believer that its possible but you need to do better measurements to be sure and a skeptic that its not possible at all.

A skeptic is not someone who denies everything, it is someone who has an intellectual requirement: to get reasonable proofs of everything that is asserted.
It is clear that science succeeded in convincing skeptics. Science affirms that there are electromagnetic waves or planets in extrasolar systems that the skeptics can't see, and nevertheless all skeptics agree. Why do they agree? Because both experimental evidences and logical reasoning are presented to support these affirmations, with an enough level of confidence.
The level of confidence comes from the fact that those who make science are also skeptics. So they have to convince themselves and for that, they have explored each alternative explanation for their observations, dismissed errors or internal inconsistencies, and finally they present only a very solid matter which is generally the right hypothesis beyond any doubt.
Free energy will be science and therefore reality when free energy will operate in this way and will convince skeptics. As long as contributors to free energy research will remain in a believing attitude, not challenging free energy claims, not exploring alternative but more conventional  explanations, accepting arguments only going in their direction, refusing to carefully analyze the objections because they make them upset, and discarding the skeptics in the same way that Christian believers discarded the "witches" or the free thinkers in the past, they will be unable to invent a real machine that works and they will remain perpetual losers as today.
We hear about free energy mainly from the 80's. Does someone here has a free energy machine? Is there someone here who doesn't pay his electricity? So you see, faith is by far not enough to heat your house or to power your washer machine. Think differently: we don't search the holy grail, no need to believe, we are curious, we explore the unknown, and we take what we find and that could be useful!

...to any half-wit with a degree spouting gibberish is not acceptable in my books.

Regards
AC

What... Now you are sounding just like me - and you openly slam me every time I speak of half-wits and gibberish! As I've alluded to on numerous occasions now, it is quite clear that you simply find pleasure in posting for arguments sake, with the underlying issues themselves being of no real concern to you.  

At least I'm consistent. What a hypocrite you are.  >:(

This is false.
I don't say that it is not interesting, because we can't yet know if there is something interesting or not.
I don't dismiss the detector, I dismiss only the possibility it detects gw and the method consisting to suppose a priori that it detects gw when there is not one evidence, instead of making an analysis keeping open all possibilities,  including even possible measurement artefacts.

That is good.  You seems to know the theory behinds good science, just need to put it in practice.  My suggestion is that every time you make an argument, find its counter argument.  Every argument has a counter argument.  This way, you'll never want to argue again unless it is necessary. 

@Farrahday
What... Now you are sounding just like me - and you openly slam me every time I speak of half-wits and gibberish! As I've alluded to on numerous occasions now, it is quite clear that you simply find pleasure in posting for arguments sake, with the underlying issues themselves being of no real concern to you.  

It sounds pretty silly doesn't it ?,and I would agree completely that it does however sometimes one has to see themselves in others to understand the error in their ways. As far as the underlying issues are concerned I believe they are very important however my message is as abstract as my thoughts generally are. You see my point is that some are judging the validity of science not on actual facts but the credibility of the messenger, should we judge the credibility of our mail based solely on how well spoken the mailman is?, Well no that's silly. I believe the fact of the matter is and has always been that some seem to have no issue with giving millions to anyone with a degree to chase some imaginary hocus pocus but would not give a dime to another even if the science had credibility. So we are left with notion that it is not so much science but stereotyping and I knew full well the critics here would jump on the bandwagon to harshly criticize my post and they did , thank you.

@Milehigh
ha ha  Who is a half-wit and who is spouting gibberish?  Who decides?  YOU?  lol
If you can continually do it then why not me?, I am not and never was above or below you Milehigh I am not for or against, we stand together, we all do and we always have. I think you and the others know full well what I do here, I stir the pot and see what comes to the surface, usually it is the truth with a sprinkle of understanding sometimes not. To know one's self is just as important to me as understanding others as in many cases I am them I just do not realize it.

Regards
AC

Buy me a drink
I stir the pot
Soups on...

Group: Tinkerer

At least I'm consistent. What a hypocrite you are.  >:(

The above is a poignant example of why it is so
impossibly difficult to dislike this woman - she is very
perceptive and RIGHT about many things!

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

AC:

If you can continually do it then why not me?

Exactly, and that's the point.  I have no problem with you doing it.

Cheappower2012:

I would believe it if I ever saw it, that's as far as I can go.  The harmony and symmetry in science and Nature makes over unity look like an extremely unlikely proposition.  The next time you see someone with an electronic circuit that they claim is over unity I suggest that you ask them to explain how the circuit works and to make a timing diagram.  Ask them to show you precisely where on the timing diagram the over unity is manifesting itself.

MileHigh

Buy me a drink
Overt power from a nexus of smaller units is a law of physics.
Can you say rogue wave? Cuts through steel like butter.

Group: Ambassador

Dumped
Quote:

The above is a poignant example of why it is so
impossibly difficult to dislike this woman - she is very
perceptive and RIGHT about many things!
---------------------------------------

SSSSOOooo

If I didn't know better I'd say you two's were Married??
A bit hen pecked even!!

At the very least it sounds like you have a crunch on Farrah??

AHHHh Forum romance ...........

Giantkiller:

Overt power from a nexus of smaller units is a law of physics.
Can you say rogue wave? Cuts through steel like butter.

You have some serious competition:

You walk into the room
With your pencil in your hand
You see somebody naked
And you say, "Who is that man?"
You try so hard
But you don't understand
Just what you'll say
When you get home.

Because something is happening here
But you don't know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?

You raise up your head
And you ask, "Is this where it is?"
And somebody points to you and says
"It's his"
And you say, "What's mine?"
And somebody else says, "Where what is?"
And you say, "Oh my God
Am I here all alone?"

But something is happening here
But you don't know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?

Buy me a drink
@MH,
You totally lost me on this one...

Did you google: rogue wave?

GK,

I'll assist. I speak 'MH'  ;D

I think he is saying you may have previously experienced a Peregrine Soliton near the nexus between your ears  :D

You do realize that most current 'scientists?' still don't believe a freak wave or 'three sisters' actually exists?

Buy me a drink
Ah yes,
Obiwan. The force is now with me.

I keep getting the acknowledgement I am talking to a single threaded male version of LISA hosted on a Commodore 64.
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx

@MH,
I got your special transformer, right here.  >:-)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 19:09:01