PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-26, 02:07:17
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tommey Reed's OverUnity Experiments  (Read 5078 times)
Group: Guest
Hi all,

OK I'm doing testing on overunity  experiments

This is very interesting test running a 240v 5hp ac motor with a dc 120v inverter, I believe BEMF is at play here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=732IFj5nxOs

Tom
« Last Edit: 2014-11-03, 17:17:24 by Tommey Reed »

This is very interesting test running a 240v 5hp ac motor with a dc 120v inverter, I believe BEMF is at play here.

Something about how the modified sine wave is interacting with that big inductive load...

I really would have expected the DC wattage being drawn by the inverter to be much higher.

Hmmm,  head scratcher...

I'll bet Jim Murray could explain what's happening here.

Hi Matt,

I think it has something to do with back EMF that creates a reverse high voltage spike that is acting as a ac induction.

I did a 60 light bulb as a filter resister in parallel of the ac motor and it still show 5.5 amps, so it's not the meter.

I'm now working on the 1kw hub motor with a 1:12 ratio, this will allow the motor to spin 3500+rpm and spin the hub motor/generator around 291 rpm.

Tom

Hi All,

This is another overunity test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svUt1fsOnw

Tom

This is another overunity test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svUt1fsOnw

Exact a mundo Tommey.

So the trick is making the motor be only a motor and making the generator be only a generator.  Now Jim Murray says he knows how to do this, but I don't.

I do think it has something to do with rapid switching though.  Take the case of the motor first:

If we could cause the armature to rotate just a slight amount, then disconnect before the Back EMF lugs us down, then with controlled switching we might be able to avoid some of the Lenz effect.

Now on the generator side:

Again if we could take some of the induced voltage, then switch off before we cause the armature shaft to lug down; keep this going in successive timed events, maybe we could get a little something for the much lower cost of switching, but...

One might ask, what good is the switching, it only disconnects the circuit.  Yeah, but suppose we do it with a favorite component, an inductor.  This inductor will cause a delay as ION stated to TinMan in another thread.

The idea here is to play a game of Wile E Coyote and Road Runner--Road Runner is what we get; Coyote is what we pay for.

Hi Matt,

I'v been working with BEMF for sometime now, I do believe it could be done but so many problem in switching.

This is also why I think the GDS Technologies step up is not going to work, where the belt is connected to the motor and generator.

Even if you switch the power off/on with the motor and generator, you still will have this effect, due to load slowing down the generator and the motor speeding it back up.

A few ways to avoid this connection with motor/generator:

1: Water pressure pump to turbine wheel, this will allow constant load on motor pump and no effect on generator load.

2: moving air through a vortex to create a type of wind turbine.

Tom

« Last Edit: 2014-11-04, 11:56:32 by Tommey Reed »

@Tommey Reed

No free lunch? That's because the universal cook only opens the kitchen on special occasions. hahaha

Really though you are simply playing with leverage as you well mentioned in your video. 10:1 leverage one way also produces 1:10 leverage the other way.

As far as i can gather thus far, the only reason such devices don't work is because we are using the wrong topology. You cannot use a motor as a generator if it has iron laminations. Simply speaking, when the generator coils start producing output it also becomes an electro-magnet and what do electro-magnets and magnets do best? Drag or Cog at 1 which is transfered to the drive motor as 10.

Here is what we are missing.......
Take a look at this video.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCUpflizTH4

Now imagine if he had two wheels (with all polarities the same facing out) slightly offset and turning with the copper pipe between them.
Now imagine instead of a copper pipe, you had copper wire as shown below.

Shown is a drawing with 10 magnets on a wheel if you are only using a wheel on one side. It could be any number depending on magnet and wheel dimensions.

But, if you have two wheels with 5 magnets each  and offset so the copper gets hit from one side then the other and so on, this will provide you with 180 degrees copper atom core swing and if the wheel turns fast enough (but not fast enough to create heat like the copper pipe) you will reach a point where the copper atom cores will start to spin, ALL WITH NO DRAG or COG.

This can be done horizontally or vertically but this is the direction to look. It can be done with only one or a few magnets with one or two sides as small bench tests before anyone start making big systems, but this is the type of designs that follow Spin Conveyance.

In your case, if you put magnets on the end of your bicycle wheel with a stator of copper wires also all around that wheel, it will give the same results as a one wheel system.

One wheel systems should have magnets as NSNSNS, two wheels systems should have magnets all N or S depending on if you are in the northern or southern hemisphere. For northern use all north, for southern use all south. This way since the northern hemisphere is a south gravity pull, the copper atoms will keep moving when the magnets are at their lowest impress that will create a spin and a sway of the coper atom cores.

The copper wires have to go past the magnet diameter so the energy can be removed away from the magnets before they are all paralleled otherwise you risk creating cancellation zones.

@GK

This is also the same for the SM TPU when he says, two fields in opposing directions and what can it produce. It can only produce  nothing because the copper atoms in the center pickup will simply seize or STAY. SM analogy was wrong but well intended. If you have a two turn loop field coil, the first turn will be north the second south. If you have two of these with a pick ring in between, the same goes as mentioned above the same field loop polarity should be closest the pick up loop, then they need to be pulsed one, then the other as variable to find the best frequency. This will turn the copper atom cores and produce output. There should be no flyback since the loop have near zero inductance.

wattsup

---------------------------

Hi Wattsup,

I disagree, this is what is called induction heating.

It's no different then a transformer being shorted out, if this person had a watt meter on the motor to would clearly see more energy needed to superheat the copper tube.

Tom

I disagree, this is what is called induction heating.

It's no different then a transformer being shorted out, if this person had a watt meter on the motor to would clearly see more energy needed to superheat the copper tube.

Yes, I would have liked to see the power draw from the motor as he neared the copper tube to the spinning wheel.

In any event, this might make a really nice instantaneous water heater for an RV or something.  Also, imagine such a device on a car engine for quick warm-up in the winter time.

It certainly has possibilities.

Group: Professor

Yes, I would have liked to see the power draw from the motor as he neared the copper tube to the spinning wheel.

In any event, this might make a really nice instantaneous water heater for an RV or something.  Also, imagine such a device on a car engine for quick warm-up in the winter time.

It certainly has possibilities.

Yes, eddy current heating can be OU see my paper at http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2506.msg39395#msg39395

Smudge

Hi Smudge,

I see a problem with using permanent magnets, heat is a big factor the would play a part even it thin unit.

All magnet get weaker the more heat it generates, also the load would be very high, yet we can't see this due to the person not wanted anyone to see it in the first place.

Tom

Hi Smudge,

I see a problem with using permanent magnets, heat is a big factor the would play a part even it thin unit.

All magnet get weaker the more heat it generates, also the load would be very high, yet we can't see this due to the person not wanted anyone to see it in the first place.

Tom

Hi Tom,

The magnets don't have to get hot.  If the eddy currents are heating water to near boiling then the eddy current plate doesn't get above 100 deg C.  The moving magnets that would get heat from radiation can be kept cooler than that by air flow.  I don't see a problem there.  OU water heaters for domestic use are definitely possible.

Smudge

Hi Smudge,

I would question the loss due to motor with and without a load.

I bet that motor is using over 746w to free spin, and a lot more when under a load. No free lunch here.

Tom

Maybe so with the set up in that video you posted where he is using a wood cutting machine to do the turning.  But use something sensible and you could get your free lunch  ;D.  The theory is quite simple, eddy currents have a geometry and that means the current loops have inductance as well as resistance.  Hence there is a L/R time constant and therefore a phase shift.  That phase shift does two things, (a) it shifts the eddy to occur at a different position relative to the magnet hence reducing the torque and (b) the eddy applies a constant (DC) closed E field to the magnet hence extracting power from the electron spins.  Within the eddy plate it is all AC but the movement creates the rectifying effect so that the magnet sees that DC electric field loop.  This could be demonstrated by winding a many turns coil around one of the magnets and looking for DC induction.  And I bet you would find it.

Smudge

Hi Smudge,

I don't really don't know without seeing a watt meter on the motor load, so until then I would except your theories.

I know the the cost for this experiment could cost a few $$ due to the magnets being used and the machine work on the rotor.

Tom

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-26, 02:07:17