PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 05:23:29
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: Controller No5 With Protection - Looking for Explosions  (Read 206855 times)

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
It's worth noting that in previous tests when i first did the Explosions in the wire experiment, i used a bench scope, i didn't have my usb scope at that time, and yet the microphone on the laptop still picked up the weird noises from a foot away, it have opened a thread to discuss this, in many of the videos i have made with all sorts of configs , 2 scopes, totally different controllers and psu's powering them there is always this weird sweeping noise appears every now and then as i do a phase sweep, in some cases the laptop is not connected in anyway yet the mike still picks up the weird noises from 1 foot away, yet my ear hears nothing.

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=279.0

In the dancing magnet test above an un connected scope lead was needed to create the noises, thats a scope lead connected across the coil but with the bnc end not connected to the scope, when i removed the clips from the coil the faint clicking/vibrating stopped so i am guessing the scope lead was acting as an unterminated delay line.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
touch the floating heatsink and you will feel a tingling or prickly sensation.

The heatsink is a collector and will retransmit to anything of different potential - including you - like a continuous spectrum reciever.

You should also be able to pull a tiny arc off the heatsink with an insulated metal object such as a screwdriver.

Group: Guest
My heatsinks are floating not connected to anything.

I have no grounding that i know of, but all my 0v lines are tied together, but the scope earth lead which is on one end of the coil, is connected to the scope which i guess is also connected to the usb metal or earth which is also connected to my laptop, so my laptop is in effect connected to one side of the coil  ::)

Interesting. I would wonder if making an electrical connection between the sinks and USB shield would do the same as when you touched the sink.

No the magnet has no effect on the clicks frequency what so ever it just makes them louder to my ear.

While watching you move the magnet I detected a noticeable change in audio frequency when you twisted the magnet around the horizontal plane.

I would expect the frequency to raise when you twist the magnet right or left but only if the magnet poles were parallel with the coil poles.

This relates to how I make an air core coil resonate at lower frequencies.

Buy me some coffee
i cant say i noticed a frequency change but the loudness varied enourmously, maybe i wasnt looking for it

Listen to your video off u tube. Maybe it is another sound not heard at the bench.
I had similar not heard but seen on a spectrum analyser with magnetic pickup.

tExB=qr
Peter,

I think your "exposions" are "ion acoustic waves" in the audible range. 

If so, they will strongly scatter radio waves of certain wavelengths and produce Langmuir waves (longitudinal electric waves).

http://rrsl.ee.washington.edu/ionosphere.htm

(right click and save to see this one)
http://mr-fusion.hellblazer.com/pdfs/ion-accoustic-waves-and-langmuir-waves.pdf

Basically, this is the "force" and you have to combine it with a conductor (to carry a current) and a magnetic field to convert it - aothough it should impart charge to conductors.  (Same as the thing everyone calls RE).

Buy me some coffee
Looks like i can now produce the crackles using 2 white noise channels, i can adjust the occurrence of them also  ;D

Here's the video of the spectrum, what do you make of that 11mHz peak that pops up now and then?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nWbMuDUbxU[/youtube]

tExB=qr
Got Crackles.  What's next?

Buy me some coffee
Not sure yet G, this is the first time i have produced them using a bifilar coil, normally needs a monofilar.
I am not yet fully sure that these crackles are the same, the occurrence of these seem to be coil voltage dependent, the more volts the more you get.

I guess i need to try capturing their energy next to get a handle on their power, the coil only seems to draw 4mA @ 40volts when i have them occurring in the below video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etngt65aKOI[/youtube]

Buy me some coffee
Just tried driving as a monofilar with both fets driving 1 coil, the crackles were still there, probably more pronounced, but as i tried sweeping the phase the pic started crashing and the delayed fet died.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-08, 16:12:36 by Peterae »

tExB=qr
Not sure yet G, this is the first time i have produced them using a bifilar coil, normally needs a monofilar.
I am not yet fully sure that these crackles are the same, the occurrence of these seem to be coil voltage dependent, the more volts the more you get.

I guess i need to try capturing their energy next to get a handle on their power, the coil only seems to draw 4mA @ 40volts when i have them occurring in the below video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etngt65aKOI[/youtube]

capture with a cap as it is a force like "pressure" - try a ceramic plate cap - think of it like using it to induce current rather than fill something with magical energy

You have "A" and you need "B" and "C" to convert it

Try trifilar and use the middle conductor as the output.

Buy me some coffee
I wish i had some small compasses to work out which direction the tug is in, if i hold the magnet close to the face of the coil i can feel the BOOM tugging at it.

A look on ebay for them i think.

I can try a ceramic cap indeed, good idea.

I dont need a trfilar now i can get it using just 1 coil and try the other as the collector although i have a feeling the collector needs to be 90 degrees from the wire direction.

I am still trying to get my head around whats going on here, the idea behind the whitenoise was to create the crackle, but infact it creates the noise that makes the pic counter unstable which in turn creates the crackle.

The whitenoise has helped as i now only need 40volts to make them appear but i do need the pic counter connected, it's the ribbon cable that connects the pic to the digital delay, it must be picking up noise and injecting it into the parallel port of the delay chip, because if i drive the 2 digital mono's with dip switches and no pic i dont get the crackles, and with the pic and ribbon cable if i touch the ribbon cable the crackles appear much more pronounced and occur much more often.

It's interesting that with 40volts on my coil and when i tried a sweep the fet dies straight away, this is with the TVS diodes in place but without the pulse width limiter circuit of Poynts in place.

At least now i am in a position where i have a setup and can easily produce the effect i wanted to produce and study.

The event that occurs when the fet dies is still unknown, but i feel it's got energy  ;D

tExB=qr
Try trifilar and use the middle conductor as the output.

That may work, but not sure how it will affect the interaction of the bifilar pair if it is directly between them.

Here is the deal:  everything has to have the correct orientation to work together

1. the force is radial (this is the kick or explosion force) and must be perpendicular to a static magnetic field AND to the collector

2. rotating the force in a circle has a cummulative effect as other parameters come into play

(deleted)

EDIT:

Correction:  with the single core wire for static dc field the field is circular so the collector is in the core position - like the early units were presumed to be when SM didn't know about the static DC field.  Hence when you loop it on itself to supply the DC it increases the static field and you more DC = more field = boom

the outer collector is with a solenoid shape inner static DC coil

with the bifilar or other toroidal coil supplying the force field (kick) the force spirals along the coil windings as it propagates along the coil.

1. make a long bifilar coil with a core wire
2. bias the core wire with a little DC to get things started
3. pulse the bifilar with the split supply and delay to get the kicks
4. DC on the collector/bias coil will rise and burn up if tuning is too good - load is across this biased coil

and there is your TPU, but my recommendation is to separate the fields and sources to get better control and not feed the beast it's tail

« Last Edit: 2010-06-08, 20:30:57 by Grumpy »

Buy me some coffee
Something just occurred to me.
The false triggering of my digital mono, makes the phase shift random, now when i do a sweep the fet blows, so what is happening with a random phase shift is that this spot that causes the fet to die is not held longenough when random and that explains the explosion noise.

So randomly the correct phase is hit an explosion occurs but before the level builds to blow the fet, it's already moved on to the next random phase delay setting NOW THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.After all whats the difference between randomly selecting different phase delays or doing a sweep, they both cover all possibility's so should be the same.the only difference is the held time on each nS phase delay .

It doesn't matter if i tune to the exact setting as long as i don't hold that position, i have in a way controlled the energy released by controlling the time period.

The kick is slow to form, thats why the TPU winds up, it maybe i am not yet seeing much free energy because i am terminating the kick to soon, this also explains why i have seen different loudness from the explosion, it's because each controller is different and picks up this retriggering differently and therefore the randomness is at different speeds, the slower the randomness the louder the bang, GOD this all makes sense now.

Buy me some coffee
This also explains another weird thing thats happened sometimes, on my pic controller i have the ability to turn the sweep onto manual increment, this means that each time i press the button i go up 1nS step, well it starts at 0 phase delay, but everytime i tried it i reach about 18nS delay and them suddenly the display reads 30-40 as if i had pressed the button really fast to step past those delay settings, but in truth whats been happening is the port line which is pulled high is getting pulses of energy which steps it past as soon as i get near the delay that causes the em field to expand, this shows that the field is alternating or sending bursts of energy out at high frequency.

tExB=qr
tune slightly off the sweet spot - deliberately

measurable movement of the medium is slow to form, the kick is there and gone in a few ns

it takes time to wind up because you are only accelerating it during the rise of the pulse

it's just a force at this point, not usable current - it isn't a battery - you apply the force to move the medium in combination with a static magnetic field to convert the moving medium into current in a conductor/insulator

come on bro!, coil it up and don;t get hung up on the retriggering and noise

tExB=qr
OK let's cut the BS and get to the fun stuff:

form a bifilar coil into a ring with a core wire inside - plenty of distance between the core and bifilar and keep this distance the same so use some sort of even spacer so the field is not varying all over the place - make it large enough to be easy to work with - say 4 to 6 inches diameter

place a compass inside the ring and pulse the bifilar - adjust the phase shift to get rotation of the compass CCW - do not tune for clicks, noise, or other stuff like that - just a little rotation don't try to burn up the compass

put some DC on the core coil - say 24v and and a few ma via a battery and see if the battery voltage goes up- pull off extra power for lights and stuff - pull too much and the battery gets pulled down, field goes down and power does down (but it is still spinning like a top - see?)

Now, tune closer to "oh crap" and the battery get's more juice for the load...do not loop the damn thing back because you will feed this bias field which feeds the converted current which feeds the field - see?  If you try to regulate the power to the bias coil - keep in mind that cold current is there and you are not familiar with this.

That may work, but not sure how it will affect the interaction of the bifilar pair if it is directly between them.

Conductors 1, 2 and 3. Current on 1 and 3 going the same direction. The signal on 3 is a delayed copy of 1. Resistive load and scope probe on 2.

The idea is 3 is a delayed copy of 1. This creates angular velocity between them (very much like circular polarization of a radio signal coming from the same signal sent out dipole perpendicular to one another.)

Any time you send a rotating signal round and along the length of a conductor, with a electric bias, or a length of dielectric, holding a static charge, with the correct pitch, a current will be generated (not classically induced) through that path. This is how I believe large currents can be generated in a short piece of wire being used as a coil core.

Basically, you are building the reciprocal of a current carrying wire.

A little primer on truly 'active' antenna systems (denied by most, even the ones incorporating it):

We all look at the wave on a scope and consider the energy between the zero line and the trace (DC pulses, other types not crossing zero, just to keep it simple).

What about the energy being displaced by your scope signal? Look at it in the inverse, like a photo-negative.
With the right pulse width and delay between pulses(of the same signal) you are creating a displacement frequency(don't know what else to call it).

The short story: That 11mHz burst was probably the energy of a distant transmitter. One you would not hear with a conventional receiver. Your delay isn't very steady, at these resolutions. The slightest variation in delay will cause a frequency drift across a radio band.

A 'DELAY' of 20ns should get you around 50mHz. 90ns, around 11mHz. 160ns, around 7mHz. You are increasing the Q of the coil and shifting that massive increase in Q up and down between HF and lower VHF.

The secret of truly active antennae is the injected, high current signal is NOT a copy of the received signal but the spatio-temporal inverse of it.

Your coil isn't likely generating these frequencies. You are sucking them in.

I was dead serious when I said you invented an energy sucking antenna.   ;)

OOPS!

I forgot.... I'm already known as nutty as a fruit-cake   :D

tExB=qr
Conductors 1, 2 and 3. Current on 1 and 3 going the same direction. The signal on 3 is a delayed copy of 1. Resistive load and scope probe on 2.

I've always thought of the interaction of the delayed and base signal which produces a spike as a form of pulse compression.

The current on 1 and 3 can be almost negligible and the force will still manifest as it is an electric force produced by an electric field that is time-dependent and spatially varying.

Do as I have suggested and let's get on with this.

Sorry Grumps.

My INet went down when I was finished with that post. When the connection came back up, I sent it without reading the several new posts.

'Pulse compression' is a good way to put what most describe.

However, 'THE' electric field isn't time-dependent and spatially varying unless it is perturbed. The two pulses can never meet because they are Hertzian and traveling down the wire in separate helical paths.

This may be the difference between a so-called 'static' field (electric charge - static magnetic) and what we call 'usable' energy. There is no helical motion in the 'static', even if it is moving. So, we are stuck with changes in density to give us induction.

What should happen between these two pulses is stretching the electric field between them. Among other things this produces a magnetic field around the coil core similar the magnetic field around a single current carrying conductor.
At that point, if you wish more amps just use more strands in the core.

In other words, I'm agreeing with you .....because it works under other circumstances, should be even better with the works of Peterae.

tExB=qr
Sorry Grumps.

My INet went down when I was finished with that post. When the connection came back up, I sent it without reading the several new posts.

'Pulse compression' is a good way to put what most describe.

However, 'THE' electric field isn't time-dependent and spatially varying unless it is perturbed. The two pulses can never meet because they are Hertzian and traveling down the wire in separate helical paths.

This may be the difference between a so-called 'static' field (electric charge - static magnetic) and what we call 'usable' energy. There is no helical motion in the 'static', even if it is moving. So, we are stuck with changes in density to give us induction.

What should happen between these two pulses is stretching the electric field between them. Among other things this produces a magnetic field around the coil core similar the magnetic field around a single current carrying conductor.
At that point, if you wish more amps just use more strands in the core.

In other words, I'm agreeing with you .....because it works under other circumstances, should be even better with the works of Peterae.

I hope spherics or SM is ready this.

the changes in density require manipulation - they are not directly converted - and they only exist during the perturbation

Conversion requires a magnetic field and the choice of force fields is your own - then it is just a matter of application.  Create an artificial gravitational field and you won't need pulses any more as you will have a continuous force - assuming it is strong enough to induce enough current. 

See?, the universe is a big damn place with a lot going on and there is more than one way to OZ.

force rotated perpendicular to a magnetic field and both perpendicular to the collector - that't it!

Frankenstein is about to live, if Peter will raise the lightning rod.

Good work!!

yes load it or you may miss the good part - it need a path and a load

you are looking for mainly current at this point

Let's not expect a complete solution from only Peterae.

When I said 'it works under other circumstances', I was referring to generating DC in a conductive core. The best I've had is a couple of volts, never enough energy to close the loop.

Buy me some coffee
I agree the next stage is to try and capture some energy and will start what G say's

OK so let's build a 6 inch coil.

Now G you are saying a central conductor with 24volts dc running through it at a few mA, how long is this conductor and how thin, that seems like a lot of voltage with little current to push through i single conductor, so we are talking many turns of this conductor?

You then say wind the bifilar around this equally distanced away from the conductor, i need to think how to do this it's not so easy to keep the distance equal within say 1mm, i need some sort of foam frame around the central conductor to do this.

The central conductor needs to 2 things it needs to be biased but also act as a load, so could i maybe place a bulb in series so this lights with the 24vdc applied and watch it's brightness as the kicks are started up.

You mention a compass, i have just ordered 5 of these.

Diagrams and sketches are welcome :) any ideas on construction of the outer bifilar are also welcome.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 05:23:29