PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-30, 21:57:59
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cooling effect in transformers, overunity?  (Read 29895 times)
Group: Guest
Hello all!

During the hollidays I have been reading and experimenting.. :)

After getting my hands on the Joe Newman book, I tried out some of the ideas.

In one setup the tranformer coil I use, the temperature goes down about 2K in about five minutes running.

I would like to ask you all if this is common or rare?

I use no high voltage only around 12-24V

I have also running some tests with a 100 pound coil, It is really interesting!

Nowdays Joe Newman seem to work as a clown discrediting himself, the book is something different..

Thanks B-F
« Last Edit: 2015-01-05, 20:19:58 by Peterae »

Please post photo or vid.. and schema

Leo48

Hi!

It is really simple setups, like Newman setups but no rotor with magnets.

Charging a very long coil and disconnecting before the charge reach the end and catching the bemf. Only i use very heavy coils and thick wire as Newman advice us to do.

I will draw some schematic as soon I clean up my computer from the 800 viruses I got as a christmas gift. :(

Has anyone had a cooling transformer in a setup?  :o

Buy me some coffee
Hi!

It is really simple setups, like Newman setups but no rotor with magnets.

Charging a very long coil and disconnecting before the charge reach the end and catching the bemf. Only i use very heavy coils and thick wire as Newman advice us to do.

I will draw some schematic as soon I clean up my computer from the 800 viruses I got as a christmas gift. :(

Has anyone had a cooling transformer in a setup?  :o

You should have a look at Patrick Kelly's latest free energy pdf and look up Danield McFarland Cook.

---------------------------
Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

Thanks I will do that  O0

You should bear in mind that when cold electricity is generated, it can be as good as its word. Frosting has been noticed on the metalwork of motors.

Hi!

Trying to upload schematic, something is not working???

It worked after all, could not see my pic in preview..  :)

I have more power using heavy air core coil, 2-10 Ohms.

Cooling is present in all coils more or less.

Thanks B-F

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Hi B-F
Well cooling has to be interesting, any chance of a video of it cooling during testing  ???

Does it cool and then stabilize after a certain time or does it keep falling in temperature.

I don't think many would ever check the temperature so the effect may have gone unnoticed.
Cheers
Peter

Hi, I will be able to upload a video in a few days.

As a refrigeration guy, no strange temperatures will pass unnoticed  ;)

Coils are cold after stopping the device, turns to room temperature after 10 minutes or so, depending of mass of course.

This discovery is very new for me, so more testing must be done.

Rgds B-F

On time for switch must be very short!

Next step is to rise battery voltage to around 2-400V DC, but that will be a little scary  :o

The voltage kickback will be very high!

If you try this, keep a good safety distance!

Thanks B-F

Buy me some coffee
Hi B-F
Sounds great, in the near future i maybe able to run some tests myself, still working on my nS pulser circuit, so when that's running i can put 100nS or less pulses into it and i have an infrared remote temperature thermometer so can check the temp from a distance away from switching noise.

A video would be great if you can manage one just for prosperity, it's a great way to record things and really tells everyone exactly whats going on, you know the saying seeing with your own eyes etc  8)

You will have the first video that i know of that shows a temp drop, although i have not checked to be sure but not seen any evidence in my travels, so will be really interesting to see for sure  O0

Cheers
Peter

Very Nice!  O0

When running a coil with to low resistance ( around 0.5 Ohms ) the cables connecting the coil is jumping up and down, funny to look at, I will try to film that also!

Thanks B-F

Buy me some coffee
the cables connecting the coil is jumping up and down
Yep that sounds interesting also, so the mag field around the current carrying wire is tugging on a magnetic field probably from the decaying field in the core maybe, i would imagine the earths field is too weak for that.

To have a large current and then have the coil go cold does sound interesting regarding I^2 R Losses which should heat the coil up.
How long before you can build a new type of fridge  >:-)

Cheers
Peter

Using my previous nS pulsers i have put amps in a short piece of wire but because the time is so short the average current is low at 3mA even at 50V

Yep that sounds interesting also, so the mag field around the current carrying wire is tugging on a magnetic field probably from the decaying field in the core maybe, i would imagine the earths field is too weak for that.

To have a large current and then have the coil go cold does sound interesting regarding I^2 R Losses which should heat the coil up.
How long before you can build a new type of fridge  >:-)

Cheers
Peter

Using my previous nS pulsers i have put amps in a short piece of wire but because the time is so short the average current is low at 3mA even at 50V

That is very fast pulsing!

My idea is to focus mostly on a very rapid fall time, rise time not so critical..

What do you think?

Thanks B-F

Buy me some coffee
It would be interesting to devise a way to control or slow rise and fall independently and then it could be proven if you are right about the fall only being important, not sure how that could be achieved yet, maybe a diode and a cap in series, change the direction of the diode to slow either rise or fall, don't know how it would work out, need to think on it.

Buy me some coffee
A quick search found an interesting circuit

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/dl/Datasheet-03/DSA0042721.pdf

Group: Ambassador

A quick question to Paul R

This "frost on the motor",do you have any Links?
thx
Chet

Buy me some coffee
I just had an email from a friend and he gave me this link to post, no had time to read it yet, off to work  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_refrigeration

I just had an email from a friend and he gave me this link to post, no had time to read it yet, off to work  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_refrigeration

Interesting indeed..

Less energy in coil - coil cools down!

Where goes this energy? Voltage rise in the kickback? Coil is reheated by ambient heat for the next cycle!?

One of my coils will spend a few hours in the freezer to see if the voltage kickback becomes less  O0

Thanks B-F

Group: Professor

BF - how do you measure the temperature?  what device and readings do you get?

Hi, I will be able to upload a video in a few days.

As a refrigeration guy, no strange temperatures will pass unnoticed  Wink

Coils are cold after stopping the device, turns to room temperature after 10 minutes or so, depending of mass of course.

Group: Professor

From wiki:

The magnetocaloric effect (MCE, from magnet and calorie) is a magneto-thermodynamic phenomenon in which a temperature change of a suitable material is caused by exposing the material to a changing magnetic field. This is also known by low temperature physicists as adiabatic demagnetization. In that part of the refrigeration process, a decrease in the strength of an externally applied magnetic field allows the magnetic domains of a magnetocaloric material to become disoriented from the magnetic field by the agitating action of the thermal energy (phonons) present in the material. If the material is isolated so that no energy is allowed to (re)migrate into the material during this time, (i.e., an adiabatic process) the temperature drops as the domains absorb the thermal energy to perform their reorientation. The randomization of the domains occurs in a similar fashion to the randomization at the curie temperature of a ferromagnetic material, except that magnetic dipoles overcome a decreasing external magnetic field while energy remains constant, instead of magnetic domains being disrupted from internal ferromagnetism as energy is added.
One of the most notable examples of the magnetocaloric effect is in the chemical element gadolinium and some of its alloys. Gadolinium's temperature increases when it enters certain magnetic fields. When it leaves the magnetic field, the temperature drops. The effect is considerably stronger for the gadolinium alloy Gd
5Si
2Ge
2).[3]
Praseodymium alloyed with nickel (PrNi5) has such a strong magnetocaloric effect that it has allowed scientists to approach to within one milliKelvin, one thousandth of a degree of absolute zero.[4]

A quick question to Paul R

This "frost on the motor",do you have any Links?
thx
Chet
I'll have a rummage around. I saw the effect at the UK Free energy conference in '07, maybe '08. There was a demonstration involving hydroxy gas generation and electrical output which was fed into motor. The white frost formed on the casing in the general area of the input terminals. To be honest, I was more taken with the gas which had turned the electrolyte milky white in a strange way.

Hi Steven!

I measure with IR gun..

Hi,

about temperature drop I have measured:

around 2 deg K, Kelvin is the same as Celsius but Kelvin use absolute zero as 0K and Celsius uses 0C as water freezing temp. This Fahrenheit thing only confuses me  O0

Celsius is wonderful freeze point 0 deg and boiling point 100 deg (water)  :)

I have only been running this for short intervals ( 5 min), it is not so silent running since it is electromechanical for testing.

Rgds B-F

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-30, 21:57:59