PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 21:48:23
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Pieces of late.  (Read 24252 times)
Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Dear Graham

re:
My first job was to remove a Pterodactyl from the overhead line !!

Speaking of the good old days, at the plant I once heard someone exclaim:  "they just discovered fire in the cave next door!".

Cheers, ION

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Dear Graham

re:
Speaking of the good old days, at the plant I once heard someone exclaim:  "they just discovered fire in the cave next door!".

Cheers, ION

Caveman 1: Howd he do it?
Caveman 2: By rubbing two sticks together!
Caveman 1: What? Lying SOB. He's a conman and we know it.
Caveman 2: Maybe. But if he wasn't living in a cave he'd have burnt the place to the ground!
Cavemen 1: Whats 'Burnt"?

Buy me a drink
The first TPU only had one toroid.

EDIT:

You all should really try a HV pulsed coil around/near a magnet...

No! 'Expletive!' Do not do this. I have permanent nerve damage in my right hand.
The magnets buzz producing kicks like a microwave EMP.

No! 'Expletive!' Do not do this. I have permanent nerve damage in my right hand.
The magnets buzz producing kicks like a microwave EMP.

Graham Gunderson applied HV to a 6x4 block ferrite and recieved a nasty headache with a friend also falling foul to this effect. They argued out of character and lost the friendship as a result. Bad move by all respects.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

I watched a video recently where some guys attached some HV to a PM, it exploded violently. I'll try and locate the link. I'm pretty sure T-1000 knows about this.

I was conditioning some HV capacitors earlier this year by constant charging and discharging across an open spark gap to ground. I had a large piece of Cast Iron tube sat vertically in the vicinity. At every discharge an NE 2 would flash and then decrease in brightness with one end touching the tube with the other leg grounded.

Not sure whether this was due to the HV source....... Might be interesting to try discharging a lower voltage high capacity cap, to see what happens?

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

OK.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-31, 03:25:50 by wattsup »

Buy me a drink
Dear All.

I watched a video recently where some guys attached some HV to a PM, it exploded violently. I'll try and locate the link. I'm pretty sure T-1000 knows about this.

I was conditioning some HV capacitors earlier this year by constant charging and discharging across an open spark gap to ground. I had a large piece of Cast Iron tube sat vertically in the vicinity. At every discharge an NE 2 would flash and then decrease in brightness with one end touching the tube with the other leg grounded.

Not sure whether this was due to the HV source....... Might be interesting to try discharging a lower voltage high capacity cap, to see what happens?

Cheers Grum.

I saw this vid of an international arms dealing touting his wares. One of the weapons was a metal helmet with neo balls stuck all over it. Beside it he held a stun gun. The CIA labeled it a mind eraser.

Buy me a cigar
I saw this vid of an international arms dealing touting his wares. One of the weapons was a metal helmet with neo balls stuck all over it. Beside it he held a stun gun. The CIA labeled it a mind eraser.

Dear giantkiller.

Mind eraser? Could be read one of two ways, both permanent but one non fatal!!

I'm hoping the latter? Depends upon your point of view, I guess.

Cheers Grum.

Buy me a drink
Dear giantkiller.

Mind eraser? Could be read one of two ways, both permanent but one non fatal!!

I'm hoping the latter? Depends upon your point of view, I guess.

Cheers Grum.

I guess it just depends on the size of the headache.

Buy me a cigar
I guess it just depends on the size of the headache.

;D  Indeed.

I feel my post might have been a little cryptic, on a serious note are you suggesting an EMP type of event?

Cheers Grum.

Buy me a drink
;D  Indeed.

I feel my post might have been a little cryptic, on a serious note are you suggesting an EMP type of event?

Cheers Grum.

Yep. Have done many. Broken alot of equipment, pcs, routers, cable models, scopes, meters, gfi outlets, medula oblongatas, frontal lobes, retina nerve cords. Yep been thru the great overunity war back in aut 7. When men were men and women fainted at the eclipse of an emp. Thems were the days. Still gotta limp in me thumb. Prehensile days are not what they used to be. Chimpanzees now have the upper digit on me.
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000790.htm
Jane Goodall wants to do focus group study on my de-evolution.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 21:48:23