PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-28, 08:59:27
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: The Reality of Evolution?  (Read 19395 times)

Group: Mad Scientist

Much easier to believe some sort of magic man in the sky created every living thing that exists today, in under a week,out of nothing--hey Mags

It is when you get to know the magic man.  You have just decided an alternative path, for what ever reasons, they are yours. But that does not give you the right to impose theories as facts on others.

Mags

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee

It rained for 40 days and fourty nights!!!! I live in florida and I have seen what just 1 day of rain can do...

GEN 7:11   In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

'And the windows of heaven were opened up'   There was a rainbow which was to be a symbol that the earth would never flood like that again.  So if this was the first rainbow, then there must have been always cloudy days before this and or just a full haze, considering enough water to have the ability to rain continuously for 40 days and 40 nights straight.  ;)

'the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up'   Is it that hard to believe that there may have been enough water 'in' the earth in combination with the nearly month and a half of straight rain to flood the earth? 

If the fountains of the earth were broken up. that would suggest many great earthquakes at the time and yes possibilities of say mount Everest being pushed into the great heights that it is. So it is possible that the biggest mountains did not exist before that time. Would or could there have been some gasses like sulfer or otherwise from volcanos that could have caused the massive rain to occur? Is it easier to believe that some freak accident produced a first cell of life, that was capable of replication and have the intelligence to evolve into better and better circumstances for itself.  What a crappy world to be born into in terms of survival. No trees, grass, nada.  Water and rocks, dust and possibly other dangerous liquids. Maybe one should think we are genetically related to grass or a black berry plant? Oh, was there more than one event that 'created magically' other life that were plants that evolved on their own terms??? C.C  I wonder if evolutionists believe that the atmosphere was the same as we have now when it all began.  In the creationists view, the atmosphere was 'designed' just right.  ;)

'In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, '
I like this part. It simply shows that when it says 600yrs, it was really 600yrs. ;)

Mags

So they say they have found the ark in ararat.
At what hight above sea level is this !ark! resting ?
This will then tell you how high the water level would have to of been for the ark to get up there,regardless of whether or not any other mountain existed at the time.

Then once you have done that,perhaps you could tell us all where all this water draind to,to cause things like the grand canyon to pop into existance as the creationist seem to believe.

Brad

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Buy me some coffee
It is when you get to know the magic man.  You have just decided an alternative path, for what ever reasons, they are yours. But that does not give you the right to impose theories as facts on others.

Mags

Perhaps you should read the topic name,and then say it is i that is imposing theory as fact on others.

I am using science and math to put forward my beliefs,and it is not my fault that the numbers are not adding up for the creationist.

It is always the same outcome.
Once facts are presented to the believers,they tend toward comments such as yours,blaming people like me,who have done nothing but present facts-hard facts,for doing so.

Religious people believe they have the right to turn up on my doorstep,and try and tell me how life started. And here you are saying i have not right to present facts that back up my beliefs.

And so it go's.

Brad

Perhaps you should read the topic name,and then say it is i that is imposing theory as fact on others.

I am using science and math to put forward my beliefs,and it is not my fault that the numbers are not adding up for the creationist.

It is always the same outcome.
Once facts are presented to the believers,they tend toward comments such as yours,blaming people like me,who have done nothing but present facts-hard facts,for doing so.

Religious people believe they have the right to turn up on my doorstep,and try and tell me how life started. And here you are saying i have not right to present facts that back up my beliefs.

And so it go's.

Brad

"Once facts are presented to the believers,they tend toward comments such as yours,blaming people like me,who have done nothing but present facts-hard facts,for doing so."

Thats balony.  I stated that your so called fact that evolution is the only way, is not an actual fact, just theory. Its just some people that came up with 'ideas' of how it all could have started without the existence of God. That is all it is. And God made it all that way so 'you' can have the choice to believe or not. Free will. You cannot prove that life started in a pool and evolved into what we have here today. And on top of having no true evidence you have to insult by calling God the 'Magic man' etc.  Evolution is all imaginary stories of alternates to creationism. To many, evolution sounds plausible in only general terms. Once you really dig, there are more crossroads than atheists arguments on God. 

Night.  Gotta get some sleep

Mags
« Last Edit: 2019-05-25, 03:52:06 by Magluvin »

Group: Experimentalist

I accept the evidence. CITFTA convinced me. Evolutionism is a myth because the Bible says that it is God who created the world. Here is the indisputable reasoning that proves beyond any doubt that it is the truth:

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Believing in something false doesn't make it true.
Um Carroll
Perhaps you did not read the entire paper,which clearly explains evolution,and disproves the bibles story of creation.

Maybe you posted the wrong link ?.

Brad

Hi Brad,

I am not sure how you came to that conclusion from the article.  It clearly stated that nearly all animal species on earth were very close to the same age.  How could that be if they somehow evolved?  It also showed that there were clear genetic boundaries between the species.  So how could that be if all animals evolved from other animals.

A quote from the article:
The study's most startling result, perhaps, is that nine out of 10 species on Earth today, including humans, came into being 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

"This conclusion is very surprising, and I fought against it as hard as I could," Thaler told AFP.

Another quote:
And yet—another unexpected finding from the study—species have very clear genetic boundaries, and there's nothing much in between.

And this one:
The absence of "in-between" species is something that also perplexed Darwin, he said.

And most of the article was trying to figure out how to explain that and have it make sense and still cling to the myth of evolution.  Which they were not able to successfully do.

Respectfully,
Carroll

Just because it is on YouTube does not make it real.

Buy me some coffee

"Once facts are presented to the believers,they tend toward comments such as yours,blaming people like me,who have done nothing but present facts-hard facts,for doing so."

And God made it all that way so 'you' can have the choice to believe or not. Free will. You cannot prove that life started in a pool and evolved into what we have here today. And on top of having no true evidence you have to insult by calling God the 'Magic man' etc.  Evolution is all imaginary stories of alternates to creationism. To many, evolution sounds plausible in only general terms. Once you really dig, there are more crossroads than atheists arguments on God. 

Night.  Gotta get some sleep

Mags

Thats balony.  I stated that your so called fact that evolution it the only way, is not an actual fact, just theory.

And i stated the thread title !!the myth pf evolution!!,but i see you have no quarrel with that,and that is because a fellow believer said so.

Its just some people that came up with 'ideas' of how it all could have started without the existence of God. That is all it is.

What garbage. It is through 100's of years of research,understanding,and development that we now know that we evolved through time to become what we are today.

Do you really think the earth is only 10,000 years old?
Do you really think man is only 6000 odd years old?
You would believe in one single book,that cannot be backed with any evidence what so ever ,of events that !Supposedly! happened in that book,in a period no longer than 10,000 years,and disbelieve all that science knows(yes,knows) about our coming to be. :o
1 book written 1000's of years ago verses today's top scientists who are experts in so many fields---really?.

Brad

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
My " Bible " .... The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

The work of Douglas Adams, made sense to me in so many areas, fictional and funny.

The Babel fish, a unique " universal translator " that you stick in your ear. Is being discussed in the quote below.

“Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist,'" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

:)

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Buy me some coffee
 author=CITFTA link=topic=3776.msg74741#msg74741 date=1558603945]

I am not sure how you came to that conclusion from the article.  It clearly stated that nearly all animal species on earth were very close to the same age.  How could that be if they somehow evolved?  It also showed that there were clear genetic boundaries between the species.  So how could that be if all animals evolved from other animals.

Of course there are boundaries,if there was not,then evolution could of never happened,and there would be no different species of animal. But we all have !some! common genes,as we all started from the same organisms.

This video clearly explains all you need to know as to how evolution was possible.
I hope you take the time to watch it,as i have taken the time to watch what you have shared  O0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOfRN0KihOU

The study's most startling result, perhaps, is that nine out of 10 species on Earth today, including humans, came into being 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

That is one of my points.
According to the bible and your beliefs,didn't all life start only 6000 odd years ago ?.
There seems to be between a 1666% and 3333% difference between your posted study and the bible ?.
Then there is the fact that it was 9 out of 10,where the amount of different species studied was 100,000
So what about the other 10,000 different species that may have survived through things like ice ages and the likes?. Why are they conveniently left out?.

They also gave reason for this as well,which is very understandable
Quote:A likely possibility is the occurrence of a sudden event that caused large-scale environmental trauma and wiped out majority of the Earth's species.
"Viruses, ice ages, successful new competitors, loss of prey — all these may cause periods when the population of an animal drops sharply," explains Jesse Ausubel, director of the Program for the Human Environment.

Now we know there have been such events as ice ages and the like's.
Then there is there idea of !the same time!,which is between 100,000 years,and 200,000 years.
Now,a lot can happen in 100,000.

The absence of "in-between" species is something that also perplexed Darwin, he said.

First we need to know at what stage did our ancestors become man?,who makes that definition?.
Second-today we have a far better understanding of how things went,due to the much more advanced equipment and ways we have developed to look into our past. Darwin had very little to help him out in this way.
And what exactly is an !in between!  spesies?.

And most of the article was trying to figure out how to explain that and have it make sense and still cling to the myth of evolution.  Which they were not able to successfully do.

When you watch the video i posted,and see how things happen in the evolutionary chain of life,then there article makes perfect sense.
What is also dose  !once again!is show life existed way beyond the 6000 odd years quoted by the bible.
This is a link you provided Carroll,and for the reason above is why i asked you if you actually read the article,or if you posted the wrong one.

I am now going to finish watching the video you provided a few posts ago,and see what else the indian fellow has to say.

Brad

Buy me some coffee

Here is a video that pretty much explains most of the reasons why I do NOT believe in the myth of evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1940&v=O-tySAmdASk

PS: I see Brad posted again while I was typing.  The video explains why a single fossil in two layers of rock is important.

Ok,so i watched the video.
The first thing i noticed was the channel name--> BibleProphecyProof
Second,he also inadvertently confirms that the earth is over 4.5 billion years old.
How did he do this?, well it is very simple.
As he states in his video,uranium 238 is called the parent atom,and it decays into what is known as the daughter atom . Now,the half life of uranium 238 is when the element contains as much parent atoms as daughter atoms.
Now here is the kicker. In order for us to have such a half life element(which we have),then we also need the time that it took that half life element to be produced. Regardless of any of the other statements he made about contamination,we know that half life uranium/lead exists. As he stated in the video,maybe the half life element was placed there from some where else(contamination). But regardless of that,it first had to be made,and it is made from decaying uranium.

So,do you know how long it takes to produce this half life element ?,how long uranium's half life is?
Uranium 238's half life is 4.5 billion years. One has to wonder how this could be if the world is only 10,000 years old  ???

I am also lost as to what significance finding a pot in a pile of coal dated to be over 312 million years old has to do with anything. When we take a drink of water,that water we are drinking is over a billion years old-i now have an element in my stomach that is far older than the coal the bowl was found in  C.C.
If i throw a brand new cup into the ocean,then that cup is now in water that is over a billion years old.
So what exactly is the mystery of finding a bell or a bowl in a pile of coal that is 312 million years old ?.

I also see he showed some pics of what is suppose to be the arc,and he also states it is at 6500 feet elevation. So we now know how high the water had to be !at least! in order for the arc to get up there--6500 feet.
So my question still remains--where did all that water come from,and where has it all gone?.
That is enough water to surround the globe 6500 feet above current sea level.

I also find it strange that he says carbon dating is so inaccurate,and yet the method used for dating the wood from the !apparent! ark on top of mount ararat was carbon dating.
I guess it is good enough when it suits there needs  O0

Brad

Buy me some coffee
So where is this giant boat?
Seems the mount ararat find in 2010 was a fraud  C.C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKrEYf3QZMg

Brad

Group: Ambassador

fellows
there are tonnes of problems from both perspectives ...something from nothing
never works "here" no beginning or end ...never works "here"

but if we go round and round on this we could probably do this argument for all of "our" eternity....

perhaps as time goes bye there will be more clarity to this miracle in a vacuum that we inhabit...

perhaps for now we just be grateful we're here working to do the right thing in a place which really shouldn't even exist....nor can it be explained to reasonable minds.

too many "what ifs IMO ?.

A paradox extraordinaire ...

fellows
there are tonnes of problems from both perspectives ...something from nothing
never works "here" no beginning or end ...never works "here"

but if we go round and round on this we could probably do this argument for all of "our" eternity....

perhaps as time goes bye there will be more clarity to this miracle in a vacuum that we inhabit...

perhaps for now we just be grateful we're here working to do the right thing in a place which really shouldn't even exist....nor can it be explained to reasonable minds.

too many "what ifs IMO ?.

A paradox extraordinaire ...

Then of course there are people like Jordan Maxwell who have studied this problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PcPbf34PoE&t=1597s

Ron

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

We had a good forum to discuss free energy. It seems to be over. As everywhere, fundamentalist believers are instrumentalizing it to make their religious propaganda and ruin it.

The so-called myth of evolution is irrelevant in the context of free energy, it is totally out of place.

There is no point in talking to backward believers in the midst of their creationist crusade. Their cognitive dissonances only make them repeat endlessly their selection bias on the subject.

The Bible does not evolve, neither do their words, nor their thoughts!

Don't feed the troll!

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Ok. I'll take the bait.
One has just to research the Ark of the Covenant to see the most powerful, destructful weapon on the planet.
The description talks about radiation poisoning, EMPs, resonant-reflective matter disassociation, electrocution, special suits for handling and a special group of technicians(Levites) to carry the device.
Now if the Bible is as you say a myth, then how did all of the 'Latest' technologies even have a chance to be documented in old fairy tales.
If, as the like of you nonbelievers believe, that this isn't ancient knowledge but mere contrivances my medieval conmen then answer this riddle: the contrivances still prevail any understanding of current technology.
A charge pump with a spark discharge in two established resonant fields is zero point energy. Disruption of balance is quickly equalized through reverberation. Is this usable energy? Yes. It doesn't depend on your time frame management. Because it obvious that nonbelievers dispel history to suit their limited reasoning.
The TPU is a weapon of massive capability. The little ones vibrate. Go ahead make one(like 6 feet in diameter) and turn it on by an airport. And then maybe, if you are granted privileges for good behavior and allowed on the internet, you can come back here and post about your experiences with government agencies.

Poof. You are now a frog...

Group: Tinkerer

I truly enjoy perusing the commentary in discussions such
as this one.  It seems that we all want to know what is really
Truth and we all take somewhat different paths as we search
for answers.

The paths of Evolution and Atheism seem to be co-dependent
which is not surprising.  These paths are naught more than
temporary sojourns which, if Scientific Principles are diligently
exercised, will eventually lead back to the Truth of Creation.

Sojourns where desire temporarily overcomes objectivity.

In due time as all of the evidence at our disposal is analyzed,
scrutinized and evaluated, those lost souls will find their way humbly
to the Path of Real Truth, otherwise known as the Narrow Path.

In due time.

In the meanwhile it is exceedingly fascinating to read their
thoughts which express their beliefs;  thoughts which are windows
into their inner minds.  Enjoy the sparring for while it may seem
to be counterproductive, it eventually leads to the sought after
prize:  Truth.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Hi Brad,

A quote from the article:

"This conclusion is very surprising, and I fought against it as hard as I could," Thaler told AFP.

Another quote:
And yet—another unexpected finding from the study—species have very clear genetic boundaries, and there's nothing much in between.

And this one:

Respectfully,
Carroll

I found it strange that he claimed the article was more in his view than yours.  Thats the way many twist others presentations without actually pointing out what they claim of the presented items, mostly for the readers in order try to deter them from looking into it. Milehigh was good at that...

Mags

Or a do it yourself kit! This holds the answer!

https://universallighthous.wixsite.com/loveandlight/blog/scientists-prove-dna-can-be-reprogrammed-by-our-own-words?fbclid=IwAR1wwpsn7Oxra0eQLvQEvB0DNm5jRmKh4XdxvTHnZiLYrucZhUROleBgO38

Ron

Nice article  ;)  The power of suggestion is a very real thing.  Ever see the commercial for turbo tax?  Free. Free free free? Free, free free free. Free free, free free free. FREE? Free. Turbo tax. Free. Free free free.   Just that being pounded into our heads as many times as we encounter it could be a sort of social experiment, or implementation for socialism train of thought.  ??? O0

Free free free. Free. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_si7I1blII

Mags

« Last Edit: 2019-05-24, 02:31:46 by Magluvin »

We had a good forum to discuss free energy. It seems to be over. As everywhere, fundamentalist believers are instrumentalizing it to make their religious propaganda and ruin it.

The so-called myth of evolution is irrelevant in the context of free energy, it is totally out of place.

There is no point in talking to backward believers in the midst of their creationist crusade. Their cognitive dissonances only make them repeat endlessly their selection bias on the subject.

The Bible does not evolve, neither do their words, nor their thoughts!

Don't feed the troll!

"We had a good forum to discuss free energy. It seems to be over"

Just because this thread exists does not mean this is not a good forum any longer.

" As everywhere, fundamentalist believers are instrumentalizing it to make their religious propaganda and ruin it."

Then dont read nor post here if it is so vile to you. You seem to spend a good amount of time, searching for cartoons and other pics to try to make fun here. If you dont like pornography, are you going to pick up a playboy magazine and read it and look at the pictures and protest in front of the playboy mansion, or would you just not pick up the magazine and choose something else to read? C.C

"The so-called myth of evolution is irrelevant in the context of free energy, it is totally out of place."

There are many many threads that you could be posting in, but you 'choose' to spend your time here in this one and seem to have interest, one way or the other.   When you see this thread, does it boil your blood that it exists? ;)  Do you think that it is your own thoughts that come up with what you write here against Christianity? >:-) ^-^ O0  What pushes you into the fight that you bring, when you could just ignore it by not picking up the book or even clicking on the thread?   ;)  Just change the channel if you dont like it. C.C

"There is no point in talking to backward believers in the midst of their creationist crusade"

Oh, but there is a point for you. That point is why you are here.  >:-) O0    The emoji is there to choose, so I used it. :P

"Their cognitive dissonances only make them repeat endlessly their selection bias on the subject."

Oh really???  But when someone posts a thought or reference on the subject, neither you nor Brad etc can stay away and then do the same as you just stated. Get it together son. Dont be a hypocrite.. 

"The Bible does not evolve, neither do their words, nor their thoughts!"

The Bible is not intended to evolve. 

Mags
« Last Edit: 2019-05-24, 02:56:46 by Magluvin »

Group: Tinkerer

Jordan Peterson delivers quite an interesting
presentation.
  (Link provided by Ion)

He's obviously seeking higher understanding and Truth
but he is yet unaware that his beliefs and his analysis
arise from false assumptions.  His thinking is biased
in favor of theories and hypotheses no doubt because
of academic peer pressure to conform.

No matter.  That he is yet lost on the Broad Way is only
a temporary inconvenience.  His is a work in progress
who has not yet found the Narrow Path, but he shall.

In due time.  He is sincere in his search for Truth and
will, when he's ready, discover it.

Yes, a very interesting presentation indeed.  Thought provoking.

Within the realm of Human Behavior he does arrive at a
number of correct conclusions.

Quote from: F6
There is no point in talking to backward believers in the midst
of their creationist crusade

Dogmatic Institutional Indoctrination inculcates a sense of
intellectual superiority.  Those who disagree with Science
Dogma are relegated to the status of "backward believers"
and "conspiracy theorists."  Some would say "deplorables." :D

Institutional Delusion is a temporary phenomena.  In due time
it will evaporate as Truth is made manifest. :)

That will be a really great day for Science! ;)
« Last Edit: 2019-05-24, 06:42:22 by muDped »

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Buy me some coffee
I found it strange that he claimed the article was more in his view than yours.  Thats the way many twist others presentations without actually pointing out what they claim of the presented items, mostly for the readers in order try to deter them from looking into it. Milehigh was good at that...

Mags

And so the side step begins.

The article was all about different species of animals ,and a time period span between 100,000 and 200,000 years.
As all life on earth!according to those that believe in god and the words of the bible!started only 6000 odd years ago,how can you possibly put said article forward as any sort of proof that evolution is a myth when it absolutely disagrees with what the bible states.

I did not post this article,a person who believes the bible did.
So to say i have twisted things around is complete garbage,but i would expect nothing less from anyone who throws out years of science,evidence,and repeatable experiments for 1 single story book,in which there has not been one single solid example of Gods existance provided to validate said book-the bible.

I can hop in my car,travel 35km down the road,and show you living organisms that lived over 2 billion years ago.
I can let you talk to a living decendent of the very first humanoids to leave Africa over 60 000 years ago-my daughter is married to one.

So what evidence can you provide that is outside your own beliefs Mags, that is clear evidence that the bible is correct,and God exists ?.

Give me 1 single piece of evidence,and i will listen.
But to come here and say i twisted things around is just a lie,as all i did was point out things the article was about,an artical Carroll him self posted-not me.

"We had a good forum to discuss free energy. It seems to be over"

Just because this thread exists does not mean this is not a good forum any longer.

That's exactly what it means. But this too rational idea is not within the reach of the religious mind:

Would it be harmless to talk about religion off topic? Wrong!

It's opening the door to anything. Why not Islamist propaganda too, with the art of beheading, the proselytism of Jehovah's witnesses or neo-Nazi theses? Why not also here cooking recipes, gardening techniques, announcing concerts, or exchanging MP3s?

What the Bible sectarians are finally telling us insidiously is: "We have a right to talk about something other than the purpose of this forum, but only about what we believe in. We believe in creationism, so we have the right to mess up this forum with this subject.".

Could we have a quiet discussion between believers and non-believers about free energy, leaving aside our beliefs? Not even!
One of the latter always feels obliged to inform us of his acts of faith in God and to denigrate the beliefs of others, which in this case of evolutionism is only scientific knowledge. Their religious warfare, off topic, is permanent.

Respect, love, it is only in their speech, never in their behaviour. Outside the hypocrites, there are enough sites dedicated to religions where you can display your nonsense. Forget the others, we're talking about free energy here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-28, 08:59:27