PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 05:08:04
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Power Supplies  (Read 39443 times)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
E,

I'm tempted to box mine up and ship it to anyone that wants it. I really don't have the time or inclination to straighten out the chassis and put it all back together. Same goes for all my HP pulse generators.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
E,

I'm tempted to box mine up and ship it to anyone that wants it. I really don't have the time or inclination to straighten out the chassis and put it all back together. Same goes for all my HP pulse generators.

Hi D

Should you decide to let it go, I will cover the shipping+ for the EC600 parts machine, as I could use the top pcb , meters and other parts. (we can discuss by email or pm)

Thus far I have had to replace all the 4066 cmos switches, (when the low voltage power supply fails, these get taken out) a couple of 4011's, three burned out resistors and a couple of sockets under which corrosion shorted out the traces. Had to repair many pcb traces where corrosion on the pcb had created leakage paths on some "sensitive" inputs, under the sockets, naturally!. The top pcb is a patchwork at this point, and although functional at the moment, it's long term reliability is questionable.

Let me know about your HP pulse gens, I might also be interested.

You might consider putting the stuff on ebay.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-07, 13:21:39 by ion »

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Update on the subject of power supplies for a Spherics device:

EC600 and EC650 are great for bench work.  They are built like tanks and heavy to move around.

I use HV DC-DC converters now and hope to make a portable unit this way.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 05:08:04