Ricks best video's

Started by TinMan, 2019.06.25, 11:56:09

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Aking.21

#350
Rick made an interesting claim: Resonance is a gain. In a series resonance circuit the input amperage remains the same as the circulating current in  the resonant coil. At the same time the voltage inside the resonant coil goes higher up to 144 times. So a simple V x A = watts indicates OU of course.
So my question to myself was," What experiment can I devise to attempt to prove the claim" ( Notice I am being positive folks).

What experiment can you think of??

Well here it is:

I used the principle of oscillating current  as promulgated by Benitez.

So I attached one leg of the ac side of a bridge rectifier to the high voltage side of RICK's TX  coil and the other leg to earth ground.  Then I attached the positive and negative sides to a 12 volt 7 amp hour battery and it charged very nicely.  I do not have the correct measuring skills to see if there is a gain - but to those interested I enclose a pic and encourage you to do the experiment.
It is 3 am and time for shut eye,  I may develop the measuring skills tomorrow when i have time to think about it.
Oh and I was able to keep the device in resonance as I extracted real power out of it.
Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KV charge on 1 plate of a capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

poynt99

Good to see you're making more positive efforts.

- Are you taking off from one of the receiver (RX) coils, or the transmitter (TX) coil?
- What indications are you relying upon to convince you the battery is charging?
- Do you have an understanding about power factor?
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

TinMan

Quote from: poynt99 on 2019.07.29, 02:46:03
Good to see you're making more positive efforts.

- Are you taking off from one of the receiver (RX) coils, or the transmitter (TX) coil?
- What indications are you relying upon to convince you the battery is charging?
- Do you have an understanding about power factor?

I read that a FWBR is used.
The AC input to the FWBR is the high side of the TX coil for 1 leg,and earth ground for the other leg.
The rectified output from the FWBR is hooked to the 12 volt battery,and charges nicely.

So,now a DC to DC converter could be hooked to that 12 volt battery,and power the system that is charging it nicely  ;D


Brad
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Itsu

Quote from: Aking.21 on 2019.07.29, 02:27:42
Rick made an interesting claim: Resonance is a gain. In a series resonance circuit the input amperage remains the same as the circulating current in  the resonant coil. At the same time the voltage inside the resonant coil goes higher up to 144 times. So a simple V x A = watts indicates OU of course.
So my question to myself was," What experiment can I devise to attempt to prove the claim" ( Notice I am being positive folks).

What experiment can you think of??

Well here it is:

I used the principle of oscillating current  as promulgated by Benitez.

So I attached one leg of the ac side of a bridge rectifier to the high voltage side of RICK's TX  coil and the other leg to earth ground.  Then I attached the positive and negative sides to a 12 volt 7 amp hour battery and it charged very nicely.  I do not have the correct measuring skills to see if there is a gain - but to those interested I enclose a pic and encourage you to do the experiment.
It is 3 am and time for shut eye,  I may develop the measuring skills tomorrow when i have time to think about it.
Oh and I was able to keep the device in resonance as I extracted real power out of it.


What about this experiment:

https://overunity.com/17491/confirmation-of-ou-devices-and-claims/msg536525/#msg536525

QuoteSo about 80 times higher voltage and 2.2 times higer current, but with a phase shift between V and I of almost 89.8°.


Itsu

Aking.21

Quote from: Itsu on 2019.07.29, 08:29:17

What about this experiment:

https://overunity.com/17491/confirmation-of-ou-devices-and-claims/msg536525/#msg536525


Itsu
Well this is the heart of the Don Smith controversy.  He claims his system is VAR amplification. And he claims it gives huge gains.
I am not surprised by the scope results, because the EE system is calibrated that way.
So it is an interesting "battle".
At least I have made a RICK battery charger, and will do some tests later.
Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KV charge on 1 plate of a capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

TinMan

Quote from: Aking.21 on 2019.07.29, 10:29:43
Well this is the heart of the Don Smith controversy.  He claims his system is VAR amplification. And he claims it gives huge gains.
I am not surprised by the scope results, because the EE system is calibrated that way.
So it is an interesting "battle".
At least I have made a RICK battery charger, and will do some tests later.

Well it's self explanatory,is it not?

High voltage-no current=no real power.
High current-no voltage=no real power
High current in phase with high voltage=lot's of real power.

VxI on the output means nothing at all in these types of systems,
This seems to be the thing you and Rick keep missing here.


Brad

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

CITFTA

Quote from: TinMan on 2019.07.29, 12:09:11
Well it's self explanatory,is it not?

High voltage-no current=no real power.
High current-no voltage=no real power
High current in phase with high voltage=lot's of real power.

VxI on the output means nothing at all in these types of systems,
This seems to be the thing you and Rick keep missing here.


Brad


You are absolutely correct Brad.  And here is the formula to correctly calculate the power when the voltage and current are not in phase:

average ac power equation- P= V x I cos(theta)

Theta is the  phase angle between the voltage and current.  My keyboard doesn't have the theta symbol.

Here is a link to an article that explains the use of the formula:

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/accircuits/power-in-ac-circuits.

People like Don Smith that spout out a bunch of good sounding nonsense have really made a mess for anyone wanting to do real research into looking for OU.  And our lazy society has created a culture of people that will accept whatever they are told without doing any real research of their own.  So the myths perpetuate themselves with the masses.

Respectfully,
Carroll
Just because it is on YouTube does not make it real.

TinMan

Quote from: CITFTA on 2019.07.29, 12:49:15

You are absolutely correct Brad.  And here is the formula to correctly calculate the power when the voltage and current are not in phase:

average ac power equation- P= V x I cos(theta)

Theta is the  phase angle between the voltage and current.  My keyboard doesn't have the theta symbol.

Here is a link to an article that explains the use of the formula:

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/accircuits/power-in-ac-circuits.

People like Don Smith that spout out a bunch of good sounding nonsense have really made a mess for anyone wanting to do real research into looking for OU.  And our lazy society has created a culture of people that will accept whatever they are told without doing any real research of their own.  So the myths perpetuate themselves with the masses.

Respectfully,
Carroll

And the part i hate most is they continually use Tesla's name as some sort of !backbone! to there claim's.
What they are actually doing,is contaminating all of Tesla's actual work with there garbage.


Brad
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

partzman

Quote from: poynt99 on 2019.07.29, 02:07:34
PM, what was the basic operation of the device?

How were the fields developed and rotated?

Thanks for the pics. (There is much reference to wood swelling etc.. What was the significance of that, do you know?)

Poynt,

At the time this was done I had a better grasp of what Paul was doing but he did not disclose all the details.  Basically, he was counter-rotating two electromagnetic fields.  Whether the input was AC or DC to the coils I don't know nor do I know what the input energy was or the rotational speeds.  What I do know is that when a certain point was reached, the device would self run without any input power applied.  I was told that during these tests of self running, there came a time when the device continually kept speeding up without power and they considered it to be in a runaway mode.  It scared the living crap out of them and as I recall Paul stated they discontinued tests with the device after that.  Paul then desired to build a solid state equivalent in hopes of maintaining more control over the process.  That's when I got involved in designing and building high power isolated switching circuitry he planned to use with a custom toroid he had made which was ~18"od x 14"id x 6" high.  IIRC, his plan was to wind various numbers of coils on the toroid and attempt to produce the c-r fields.

What the pix show is the otherwise solid oak and pine supports, wiring and atmosphere,  turning to a gaseous plasma state as the device reached it's self operating point.

Paul did have a website at the time that was dedicated to explaining his theory of what he was doing but that is no longer to be found.

Pm

Aking.21

Quote from: poynt99 on 2019.07.29, 02:46:03
Good to see you're making more positive efforts.

- Are you taking off from one of the receiver (RX) coils, or the transmitter (TX) coil?
- What indications are you relying upon to convince you the battery is charging?
- Do you have an understanding about power factor?
Transmitter coil
Checking the battery voltage when the device is off.
Been discussing VAR anomalies with various experts including Grumage for the last 5 years. i.e.  when one of Grumage's associates downed much of North Wales power by engaging the wrong switch.
I also remember Duncan stating that the advent of switched mode power supplies was causing the National Grid a lot of problems.  Var again.


I am hoping one of Rick's students who has the kit replicates the process  It can work at 1.2 mhz as well as 136 hkz which was the frequency in the pic.
The main thing is the ability to tune to resonance by visual means.
I've done this sort of thing before for years just not with the Rick kit.
Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KV charge on 1 plate of a capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

poynt99

PM,

You mentioned that Paul wanted to build a solid state version of the device. In what way was the original device not solid state?

Did you try the way way back machine to search for Paul's site? If you could provide a few key words and his full name, I can do a search for it.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

3D Magnetics

This looks like the predecessor of the Marks device .

Early in the peace Brian Collins was all about how this version was solid state .
I was led to believe that it was not valves ...context can change lots.

Remember SM stating that it was to balls spinning in oposite directions?

perhaps ths device needs a new thread .

I have a topology which may be relevant it this light.

The only specific hint i ever gleaned from SM's writings was a 3d magnetic field interaction.

poynt99

Yes, it got me thinking that too. ;)

Quote
Rotation of field. . . How many people think about that? If you could have a field that you could think of as a big ball, and you could rotate it in two directions, what would the ramifications be? I hope some of you will appreciate this info, my direct response and the spirit in which it is given. Sincerely, SM.

I miss those days when we were all feverishly trying to figure this thing out.

Maybe we should start a new topic?....PM, what are your thoughts?
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

evolvingape

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

partzman

Quote from: poynt99 on 2019.07.30, 01:50:49
PM,

You mentioned that Paul wanted to build a solid state version of the device. In what way was the original device not solid state?

Did you try the way way back machine to search for Paul's site? If you could provide a few key words and his full name, I can do a search for it.

Poynt,

If you look at the middle pix, you will see commutators on the shafts supporting the rotors.  Those two rotors holding all those coils counter-rotated in reference to one another.  This mechanical rotation is what Paul wished to accomplish with no moving parts and hopefully with the same results.  One side note that I remember is that Paul, in order to vet my switching design, showed it to a friend who was a Tektronix engineer.  The circuit was basically an "H" bridge that was capable of returning energy in a coil to the supply or freezing flux, etc.  The Tek guy said that you couldn't "freeze" flux which was a requirement in the design but as we know today, you most certainly can.

I forgot about the wayback machine!  I'll take a look as well.

Edit:  I was never told about any supporting circuitry for the mechanical device.

Pm

partzman

Quote from: poynt99 on 2019.07.30, 03:44:19
Yes, it got me thinking that too. ;)

I miss those days when we were all feverishly trying to figure this thing out.

Maybe we should start a new topic?....PM, what are your thoughts?

Well, it sounds like 3D has a relevant topology to explore and others have thoughts so a new thread would be in order IMO.

Pm

Aking.21

Quote from: partzman on 2019.07.29, 15:27:21
Poynt,

At the time this was done I had a better grasp of what Paul was doing but he did not disclose all the details.  Basically, he was counter-rotating two electromagnetic fields.  Whether the input was AC or DC to the coils I don't know nor do I know what the input energy was or the rotational speeds.  What I do know is that when a certain point was reached, the device would self run without any input power applied.  I was told that during these tests of self running, there came a time when the device continually kept speeding up without power and they considered it to be in a runaway mode.  It scared the living crap out of them and as I recall Paul stated they discontinued tests with the device after that.  Paul then desired to build a solid state equivalent in hopes of maintaining more control over the process.  That's when I got involved in designing and building high power isolated switching circuitry he planned to use with a custom toroid he had made which was ~18"od x 14"id x 6" high.  IIRC, his plan was to wind various numbers of coils on the toroid and attempt to produce the c-r fields.

What the pix show is the otherwise solid oak and pine supports, wiring and atmosphere,  turning to a gaseous plasma state as the device reached it's self operating point.

Paul did have a website at the time that was dedicated to explaining his theory of what he was doing but that is no longer to be found.

Pm
It occured to me that this short video by Thane Heinz may explain the principle of operation ie a clever way to cancel out or substantially negate  Lenz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5osYN5f35Bc
Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KV charge on 1 plate of a capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

poynt99

Where did Thane (crankypants) end up with his device? It's been about 5 years since his fiasco faded.

I think Luc might know him, perhaps he could shed some light on this.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Chet K

Note
Poynt if this screenshot is inappropriate or ?? for any reason at all feel free to remove this or....whatever??

yes Luc has written [somewhere] that he has not seen a proper measurement that would prove this claim .

it is indeed a very touchy subject for him [friendship ]

I believe this claim below would suffer the same assumption
however I am not certain.
seems enuff info to show the claimed anomaly of running [something??]
for almost half a minute on its own after disconnect from power. 

https://overunity.com/17279/split-flux-transformer/msg537900/#msg537900

gotoluc

Quote from: poynt99 on 2019.07.31, 23:18:43
Where did Thane (crankypants) end up with his device? It's been about 5 years since his fiasco faded.

I think Luc might know him, perhaps he could shed some light on this.

I knew Thane a few years before he even started his research. He was married to my sisters best friend.
I helped Thane at Ottawa University for many months and again about 3 years ago to further develop his ReGenX gen coils into motor coils.

The event that occurs in Thane's ReGenX coil, core and magnet rotor is a balancing act (correct geometry combination) that when done correctly the gen coil current is delayed when the coil is under heavily load. The gen coil load causes the usual counter torque (rotor magnet pull back) like in a normal generator coil but since that counter EMF goes through a longer than usual core material and when the RPM is high enough with the correct magnet rotor geometry there's enough of a delay that the magnet that induced the original EMF is starting to exit the core and since the CEMF is an opposite pole it starts to attract in the following opposite pole rotor magnet. So it's a form of delayed Lenz that assist when all done correctly.
However, at the time I work on the development we were still working with cheap steel laminations and much power was wasted as heat in the core material.
Thane has recently had more investors and was able to get custom made Amorphous cores to help reduce the core losses but I have not tested or seen the results using these high end cores.

That's all I can share and my understanding that is taking place.

Regards
Luc

poynt99

Thanks Luc.

So as far as you know, he is still working on it and being funded?
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

TinMan

Quote from: poynt99 on 2019.08.01, 12:43:36
Thanks Luc.

So as far as you know, he is still working on it and being funded?

Ah,would be great to be funded.
Maybe with my new discovery  O0


Brad
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

gotoluc

Quote from: poynt99 on 2019.08.01, 12:43:36
Thanks Luc.

So as far as you know, he is still working on it and being funded?

He is waiting for a large investor to fund a kW build.

Luc

partzman

For those forum members here who are still engaging Rick F on overunity, he is enjoying every moment of it!  Every insult and demeaning comment he makes is meant to agitate and irritate the poster into aggravated frustration.  There will never be any proof of measurement of his claims posted on that forum or this, but he will simply repeat his previous claims and add new ones creating more confusion.

In the meantime, his attempts to belittle those challenging his claims technically with logic and reason, only supply him with more fuel to perpetuate his goal and that is, to keep frustrating the posters, create more posts, and sell more of his stuff!  Again, ignore him and he will go away.  There are better things for all of us to be focusing on.

I hope nobody tells him he would make a great politician!  ???

regards,
Pm 

gotoluc

Quote from: partzman on 2019.08.01, 20:38:40

I hope nobody tells him he would make a great politician!  ???

regards,
Pm

;D