PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2021-10-23, 14:32:18
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Tiger's Blocking Generator replication  (Read 2693 times)

Itsu,

thank you for the data.
One thing catched my eye...see attached detail from your video.

This chocke is wound from thin rf-litzwire ( air-coil with an tuning ferrite) and certainly is from an LC-tuning-part of an old radio:
can you please measure the DC-resistance of this coil ?

I think that the dc-resistance is too high and responsible for additional thermal losses in the rectifier-section.

Mike

Group: Moderator

Good catch Kator,

yes, it came from a 1950's TV set, one of my first dismantle projects to get some parts.

I measured it to be 7.5 Ohm (1.5mH).

But i was looking for a bigger one later, so found a more modern 9mH choke which i was / am using in the last setup's, but it also measures 6 Ohm.

Itsu

Itsu,

yeah, 6 Ohm...too much. I have to look at my little stock to measure some with ferrite core.

Here they are:

The blue one is 2 x 3.3 mH, you  mainly find them in the 230V-Input-section of power-supplies.
Pretty good low resistance
The big one I bought for some other purpose than filter.

I apologize, but the orientation of the pics  looked ok before upload, but changed in the upload...some hidden information >:(

Mike
« Last Edit: 2021-10-10, 20:30:22 by Kator01 »

Group: Professor

I apologize, but the orientation of the pics  looked ok before upload, but changed in the upload...some hidden information >:(
You can use this online tool to remove the EXIF information from your photos.
...or another exif stripping tool that you install on your computer.

Below is a video of a very similar device to the one discussed in this thread.
https://youtu.be/9kTBbVyLzf0

How long will a 2200μF cap keep this LED lit ?

Verpies,

thank you for this hint., very helpful. On my old computer ( XP) which I do not use any longer for browsing the web.  I have a picture-viewer where you can see and modify the exif data.

Yes, G.Sav's Cicuit is a kacher in the blocking-mode, very interesting, however no info about this big core, He says it's from ebay :(
But I think the big coils in old computer-power-Supply might do the job also.

Did you read the comments ?

Mike

I did now.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2021-10-23, 14:32:18