PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-30, 22:31:51
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Author Topic: STEAP and the TPU  (Read 53661 times)

Our side-group could never get a solid answer from CF on circuit design or on pulse/timing protocols.  Every time we tried to build/test a certain variation the schematic would change somewhere, forcing everyone to start again from scratch.  Perhaps 6-7 revisions later and the group eventually fizzled.  I couldn't justify spending any more time after carefully replicating designs that were known for a fact not to work.

There may indeed be something novel in CF's constructions, but due to the lost credibility the secrets may die with him. :-\

Personally I would suggest trying to decipher the core principle(s) involved and then testing that principle on the bench and/or in sims before trying to build something as complex as fully functional looped STEAP.
It's like trying to build a modern sportscar when we still haven't figured out the process of internal combustion. :P

Perhaps it was fake from the beginning.
I'm tired and sad about always the same Story.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
I agree with Haka on exploring some fundamental areas rather than a full-blown build.

Peter got the compressed pulse with the bifilar many years ago, and this is what SM supposedly started with:

This compressed pulse and a magnet

Group: Experimentalist

I did some work on pulse generation here that may be of interest.  A few posts down I show a transmission line generating a pulse which should be applicable to the TPU.

Pm

I did some work on pulse generation here that may be of interest.  A few posts down I show a transmission line generating a pulse which should be applicable to the TPU.

Pm

Going back to the roots, good idea. ;)

If I get the time I may try running a VNA analysis on such a setup (twinlead coil, series iron wire delay through one lead).  If there is a novel interaction it should show up clearly here, and it may tell us something about what kind of interaction is happening between the two signals.
You think a single twisted 20+ft pair of Cat3/5 wire pair would work/be adequate?

---------------------------
"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

If the brown paper is truly from SM it's a good lead but does not match up with what Spherics said. Either spherics had a different effect and attributed the same operation to SM or that drawing is not by SM, or the drawing is meant to distract.

SM is his letters mentioned mixing two frequencies to make a beat then tuning another coil to resonate with the beat. Also, a rotational component is needed. Now sure how he got rotation with all of the windings on top of each other as shown in the diagram.

Something just doesn't add up.

Going back to the roots, good idea. ;)

If I get the time I may try running a VNA analysis on such a setup (twinlead coil, series iron wire delay through one lead).  If there is a novel interaction it should show up clearly here, and it may tell us something about what kind of interaction is happening between the two signals.
You think a single twisted 20+ft pair of Cat3/5 wire pair would work/be adequate?

I don't see why not!  One advantage to this type of pulse generation is the relatively low power required to produce HV pulses.  I have never seen the advantage of having these pulses in a TPU configuration so I'm sure I'm missing something!!

Pm 

tExB=qr
If the brown paper is truly from SM it's a good lead but does not match up with what Spherics said. Either spherics had a different effect and attributed the same operation to SM or that drawing is not by SM, or the drawing is meant to distract.

SM is his letters mentioned mixing two frequencies to make a beat then tuning another coil to resonate with the beat. Also, a rotational component is needed. Now sure how he got rotation with all of the windings on top of each other as shown in the diagram.

Something just doesn't add up.

That brown paper drawing is what Mike (CF) reverse engineered to build his devices.
Note that this does not agree with the TPU winding and operating explanations that SM and Spherics provided.
Also note that SM built several devices that operated differently but utilized the same principles.
The Spherics devices are supposedly based on the fundamental operating principles rather than the effect that SM used.

Buy me a beer
Grumpy and others.

To start with STEAP and the SM TPU are one of the same.

To realise before anything you need to understand how this works. A full blown working diagram so as you just copy it is not my idea of 9 years of investigation. What I am going to do is tell you how it works, and what it is in it's parts.

First off the circuit on the brown paper drawing of the coils IS CORRECT, what you need to realise is he was drawing a top and bottom set of coils.
These coils DO not buck as it would appear because the centre taps come back on themselves in the drawing. This was for ease of drawing so as the connections can be seen. So you are looking at a top and a bottom toroid, but it could have been drawn with all the coils going in one direction.

The loops in the centre (2) are through all coils together, and were drawn like that so as they can be seen as seperate coils to the over wound coils. These loops are in fact a bifilar coil with their ends shorted so as to form a capacitance with next to no inductance. This acts like a SOLID ring, or core, inside the external coils. The centre of the TPU is JUST A NON METALIC FORMER (cork or the likes).

The TPU heats up OVER TIME, why? because the coils over the top pass multiple positive pulses in one direction through two coils (a and c coils).
The a, b, and c coils are wound as a trifilar coil, all in the same "direction", very important. Why is this important! well these pulses have varying amplitudes, like a sine wave but ALL positive. What happens if you have a MOVING magnetic field across that core! YOU WILL INDUCE A CURRENT INTO THAT CORE, eddy currents, over time it will heat up, not instantly like in iron, because it is copper, BUT it will heat up.

When you induce the current into the "core" it will produce an equal magnetic field going OUTWARDS towards the external solenoids. This is like an induction heater, but here is used a moving magnetic field (DC), and not an alternating magnetic field. The fields are perpendicular to one another, SM did not say exactly, only that "they" are perpendicular. The "b" coils wound as part of the trifilar, are not part of the moving field inducing into the core, but the collectors of the perpendicular field from the core, which was created by the huge circulating current in the core. So SM's collectors are not the core, but the "b" coils. IT IS A DC LINEAR GENERATOR, the trick is how it becomes OU and how it is fed back into the "front end" if you can call it that. The output is from either side of the "a" mosfet as shown on the drawings, the CMC is a separation of the DC generator and the multiple pulses of different amplitude (a filter).

The core is important, and is where the gain (to use SM terms) comes from, NO KICK and it will not work. There are only two input frequencies, not three, B is a switching GROUND from the collector to the A and C mosfet drains, B switches either with A or with C, A and C are never ON together.

Other words of SM:- When you cut the supply, the electrons have enough momentum to hit their target!

Regards

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Grumpy and others.

To realise before anything you need to understand how this works. A full blown working diagram so as you just copy it is not my idea of 9 years of investigation. What I am going to do is tell you how it works, and what it is in it's parts.

First off the circuit on the brown paper drawing of the coils IS CORRECT, what you need to realise is he was drawing a top and bottom set of coils.
These coils DO not buck as it would appear because the centre taps come back on themselves in the drawing. This was for ease of drawing so as the connections can be seen. So you are looking at a top and a bottom toroid, but it could have been drawn with all the coils going in one direction.

The loops in the centre (2) are through all coils together, and were drawn like that so as they can be seen as seperate coils to the over wound coils. These loops are in fact a bifilar coil with their ends shorted so as to form a capacitance with next to no inductance. This acts like a SOLID ring, or core, inside the external coils. The centre of the TPU is JUST A NON METALIC FORMER (cork or the likes).

The TPU heats up OVER TIME, why? because the coils over the top pass multiple positive pulses in one direction through two coils (a and c coils).
The a, b, and c coils are wound as a trifilar coil, all in the same "direction", very important. Why is this important! well these pulses have varying amplitudes, like a sine wave but ALL positive. What happens if you have a MOVING magnetic field across that core! YOU WILL INDUCE A CURRENT INTO THAT CORE, eddy currents, over time it will heat up, not instantly like in iron, because it is copper, BUT it will heat up.

When you induce the current into the "core" it will produce an equal magnetic field going OUTWARDS towards the external solenoids. This is like an induction heater, but here is used a moving magnetic field (DC), and not an alternating magnetic field. The fields are perpendicular to one another, SM did not say exactly, only that "they" are perpendicular. The "b" coils wound as part of the trifilar, are not part of the moving field inducing into the core, but the collectors of the perpendicular field from the core, which was created by the huge circulating current in the core. So SM's collectors are not the core, but the "b" coils. IT IS A DC LINEAR GENERATOR, the trick is how it becomes OU and how it is fed back into the "front end" if you can call it that. The output is from either side of the "a" mosfet as shown on the drawings, the CMC is a separation of the DC generator and the multiple pulses of different amplitude (a filter).

The core is important, and is where the gain (to use SM terms) comes from, NO KICK and it will not work. There are only two input frequencies, not three, B is a switching GROUND from the collector to the A and C mosfet drains, B switches either with A or with C, A and C are never ON together.

Other words of SM:- When you cut the supply, the electrons have enough momentum to hit their target!

Regards

Mike

I will attempt to build it. I need to get the tinned copper wire.

SO the coil itself is wound as layers, let me know if I get this wrong:

TOP TOROID:
A - top
C - middle
B - bottom winding
CORE (A couple turns, shorted ends, connected to BOTTOM TOROID)

Bottom Toiroid:
A1 - top
C1 - middle
B1 - bottom winding
CORE

All windings CCW, right hand rule.

Every winding has the SAME number of turns. The windings that are on top of the other windings (like C or A), will have different inductance and capacitance to the CORE. What is acceptable ratio?

My goal is to carefully build a very precise coil. Measure the inductance, capacitance, find the resonant frequencies of each set of coils. However, I don't know what the target ratios are, I need to study the circuit more, it is very complex in action.

Please have patience with me, I am trying to absorb all the knowledge.

Just trying to get my head around this, Mike says it is a trifilar wound coil, but he also says the coils are wound on top of each other, this is not a trifilar wind.

In bifilar and trifilar winding the wires are all wound together at the same time this keeps each winding the same length of wire and the same impedance, if the coils are wound on top of each other they will be of unequal lengths and each coil will have it's own length and impedance and inductance.  I think this is what is needed in this device so are the directions wrong or did CF miss speak with the trifilar winding?

Thank you
Room3327

"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material"  Nicola Tesla

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Buy me a beer
Just trying to get my head around this, Mike says it is a trifilar wound coil, but he also says the coils are wound on top of each other, this is not a trifilar wind.

In bifilar and trifilar winding the wires are all wound together at the same time this keeps each winding the same length of wire and the same impedance, if the coils are wound on top of each other they will be of unequal lengths and each coil will have it's own length and impedance and inductance.  I think this is what is needed in this device so are the directions wrong or did CF miss speak with the trifilar winding?

Thank you
Room3327

All the coils are the same length, they are in two halves, a a1 etc. You can either make two toroids and place one on top of the other, or one. If one then the centre will have the end of one and the start of the other. When bent around as a toroid you can see how one on top of the other is wired.

The cut open of SM's TPU was all one, the centre was a cork former to take the heat, and just coils wound on top. The current and so the fields all go in the same direction (DC dual amplitude pulses, SM's machine gun effect). That effect is made using the delay between the two lines and their capacitance to the B core which is a neutral ground (used as a passive sound effect room expander).

With that I am not aloud to tell you more, except remember SM is an audio expert, where he replicated triodes with N channel mosfets, so mosfets in a Triode linear mode. My electronics is on a board of 8 X 6cm including the mosfets but not the large buffer capacitor. One 9v battery can run the whole system, or start with a battery and then self run from one generator output coil (b), but not the large capacitor and (b) coil.

Lots of buffers as SM said.

Good luck gentlemen

Regards

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

tExB=qr
Is momentary current applied to AB (the core) required to start the device?

Buy me a beer

No

Buy me a beer
So as those that still do not see what is going on, see attached.

Possibly my last post.

Regards

Mike

tExB=qr
I think your "DC linear generator" explanation is the best so far.  That makes sense.

The complex interactions of your coils and the frequencies required are what I don't understand.

Is it possible to see a video somewhere of the amplification effect described as the SM method? OU ?

Buy me a beer
I think your "DC linear generator" explanation is the best so far.  That makes sense.

The complex interactions of your coils and the frequencies required are what I don't understand.

Look up about audio room expanders.

The way the coils are connected forms two LC delay lines, one has 50% less inductance of the other. The C is the capacitance to the B core (-). These delay lines come together into one end of the "a" half of the "a" coils, and forming multiple differential amplitude pulses (SMs machine gun effect).

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
Is it possible to see a video somewhere of the amplification effect described as the SM method? OU ?

The OU is not from that.

If you take a DC to DC converter, you increase voltage at the cost of current = no OU.
If you convert DC to DC and increase voltage AND near infinite current = OU.

You can use 12v @ say 1amp and induce current into a metal ring, and have infinite circulating current in that ring, near 0v though, it is a short of very low resistance. (the principles of an induction heater)

But you should never use IRON in this unit ^-^

Regards

Mike

Question. Is it two solid cores or one? Ie are the coils top and bottom connected or is it two capacitor plates

Grumpy and others.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
Question. Is it two solid cores or one? Ie are the coils top and bottom connected or is it two capacitor plates

Bifilar coil with each coil shorted to itself = a capacitor with next to no inductance, like a straight wire.

It is a bifilar, AB, with a trifilar on top, abc. The length of the two is the same.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer

Why did SM swipe a magnet around the top of the toroid! Will tell you how he started it.

Mike

What did SM discover by moving a magnet around a toroid that we don't know?

Buy me a beer
What did SM discover by moving a magnet around a toroid that we don't know?

If you move a magnet across a wire what happens?? come on even my grand children know that.

Mike

Buy me a beer
If I told you that the only thing need as far a power is concerned (no batteries) is a charged capacitor, nothing more, you are going to say it is imposible, well it is not imposible.

Mike

Buy me some coffee
Why did SM swipe a magnet around the top of the toroid! Will tell you how he started it.

Mike
Do you have a video link?

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-30, 22:31:51