PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2022-11-29, 07:25:03
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alexander Graham Bell's Free Energy Device  (Read 384 times)

Hi All,

Here's a curiosity from my files... Alexander Graham Bell's free energy device.
This patent is classified as H02K53/00 in the international system, "purported perpetual mobilia".
What do you think?

Fred

Hi All,

This patent is classified as H02K53/00 in the international system, "purported perpetual mobilia".
What do you think?

Fred

Thank you so much Orthofield for sharing
BELL Patent No. 181553

It solves the trouble of Faraday Homopolar generator edge contact power transmission, and the current can be drawn from the shaft, and the friction is much smaller.

What's more:
   The permanent magnet N S, Fig. 4, may be set in rotation in the interior of a hollow cylinder of copper, so as to obtain the full inductive action of the magnet all around; and the copper cylinders of a number of similar instruments may be united in series for quantity or intensity in an analogous manner to the arrangements shown in Figs. 2 and 3. The currents induced in the copper cylinders, and the currents induced in the rotating magnets themselves, may be thrown into the same circuit, so as to produce a maximum effect.

In this way, the copper tube for generating electricity does not have to rotate, and it is very easy to connect the wire that draws the current.

PYM

« Last Edit: 2022-11-19, 09:13:17 by panyuming »

Group: Experimentalist

It's the principle of the Faraday disk in generator mode. There is no free energy there, and Graham Bell does not claim it, energy is needed to make the magnet rotate.
This patent is of no practical interest, the voltage being too low for long line data transmission. I have never heard of it being used by the telegraph companies of the time.

---------------------------
"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

ok :)
« Last Edit: 2022-11-19, 10:36:45 by panyuming »

Hi Panyuming, F6FLT,

I can't speak to the overunity properties of either Bell's device, or the homopolar generator in general. I read a lot about many years ago but have forgotten most of it now. There doesn't seem to be any particular reason why it would generate energy in excess of what it took to drive it.

My main interest is in why the patent examiners chose to put the patent in this classification. They usually know what they're doing. There are thousands of patents in this class, and most of them are obviously free energy devices-- magnet motors, motors that drive generators that then drive the motor, and the like.

As you say, F6FLT, there is no claim of 'OU' in the patent, nor is there anything anomalous about its operation. Other homopolar generators and motors are in a different class than this one. Why was this one singled out? We'll never know, I guess...

Fred

Group: Experimentalist

My main interest is in why the patent examiners chose to put the patent in this classification. They usually know what they're doing.

I really don't see what makes you say that. Moreover, sometimes the examiners have busy periods, and they work too fast to get it right.

There are thousands of patents in this class, and most of them are obviously free energy devices-- magnet motors, motors that drive generators that then drive the motor, and the like.

And not a single mistake?

As you say, F6FLT, there is no claim of 'OU' in the patent, nor is there anything anomalous about its operation. Other homopolar generators and motors are in a different class than this one. Why was this one singled out? We'll never know, I guess...

Fred

All homopolar generators work on the principle of this one. I don't even understand why it was patentable when Faraday has the anteriority of the idea since 1831!
Mine would be.  :)

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Orthofield
What do you think?

Good snag... that's an interesting patent.

AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” George Bernard Shaw

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2022-11-29, 07:25:03