PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-10-23, 17:43:58
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]
Author Topic: OUR, window on the world.  (Read 302608 times)
Group: Ambassador

Grum
We have a friend from Holland who has remarkable ability to find things like this
( Dealing with water)
Will see if he can help?
Sounds really neat

Here's a picture of the hydrofoil board I built this spring to test the monofoil (one wing) design. I also built/tested many two wing foils last year which use a larger main wing up front, fuselage and smaller tail stabilizer wing. The mono foil was surprisingly stable and lifted myself and the board out of the water around 2 mph and cruised around 10 mph behind the boat. We also tried a little wake surfing which was interesting.

The board, mast and foil use a shaped wood core covered in two layers of fiberglass then painted and waxed. This winter I plan on building a new canard based foil which has the main wing in the rear and a smaller stabilizer fin up front. I'm also working on a computer controlled/stabilized foil using a 3 axis gyro and waterproof linear servo actuators I built. In theory the foil control should come up to a predetermined height/depth Z then help dampen movement on the X, Y axis.

AC
« Last Edit: 2023-09-17, 23:51:21 by Allcanadian »

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Ambassador

AC
I hope to learn more hands on with water foils
Thanks for sharing

Here a share from TinselKoala
He Was giving “moment to moment” in cloudy ( hit or miss ) conditions

Then —-He actually got to see this “ring of fire” in person ( first time in his life seeing it ( ring of fire) in person

A hole in Ol SoL

Wild !
Yes he took it with cell phone , not scope
« Last Edit: 2023-10-14, 20:17:51 by Chet K »

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Just a quick note to wish all the members and guests at OUR a very merry Christmas or just happy holidays….

Aren’t those Elves a ****** nuisance??  ;D

https://youtu.be/aApZogU2sow?feature=shared

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Professor

Aren’t those Elves a ****** nuisance??  ;D
https://youtu.be/aApZogU2sow?feature=shared
I expected the Elf to get on fire any time.

Merry Christmas

Group: Tinkerer

Thank you all. Have a great one. I took my crew paintballing. Not paint on my face. Heaps of fun but still recovering 2 weeks later.

Buy me a cigar
Hi Guys.
Not even a day after escaping from hospital I managed to get to the Anson engine museum for our second annual small power engine rally, hence my rather disheveled appearance…. An old friend of mine caught me off guard a little and made this short video for posterity. Hope you enjoy it.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dtXOfzTHgI8&si=supJzOIueuU-8kis&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2upJzMCa0EKDN296FVOxFziYXBuCZXiOc8bcsgoCM2DJV6xHu5hpGzB_8_aem_DBHJM0NdU4CvcU1L6CkDQA

The engine behind me is a Crossley Diesel of 125 HP. The flywheel weighs in at 13 Tons.

The picture is of the Penultimate gas engine as mentioned.

Cheers Graham.

Group: Tinkerer

Hi Guys.
Not even a day after escaping from hospital I managed to get to the Anson engine museum for our second annual small power engine rally, hence my rather disheveled appearance…. An old friend of mine caught me off guard a little and made this short video for posterity. Hope you enjoy it.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dtXOfzTHgI8&si=supJzOIueuU-8kis&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2upJzMCa0EKDN296FVOxFziYXBuCZXiOc8bcsgoCM2DJV6xHu5hpGzB_8_aem_DBHJM0NdU4CvcU1L6CkDQA

The engine behind me is a Crossley Diesel of 125 HP. The flywheel weighs in at 13 Tons.

The picture is of the Penultimate gas engine as mentioned.

Cheers Graham.
really enjoyed watching that and seeing you up and about grum. You didn’t look too rough

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Ditto here Graham,  looking fine one day after your release  O0

They were surely jogging your mind there  :D

That's a monster machine in the background, hopefully you are not thinking of building that one on a 1 to 1 scale  :)

Itsu

Group: Tech Wizard

Hi Graham,

Nice to see you in that shape and fitness after what you went through.  Thanks for the video link.

Gyula

Great to see you up and at it again Graham!  Was back home a few weeks ago and had the pleasure to help start a F-M hit and miss. Quite a rig when you are standing next to it. Told him of you and your love for the old motor werks.
Be well.
thay

Buy me a cigar
Thank you all for your kind wishes, they are greatly appreciated.   O0

Sadly the curator was unable to start the big Crossley for me due to a blown gasket on the high pressure air start valve. Anyway, here’s a short clip of 13 tons of Iron coming to life….

https://youtu.be/1HG1eMNuawc?feature=shared

Thay. I have restored 3 Fairbanks, Morse engines of my own over the years. They were one of the most prolific manufacturers in the USofA.

Cheers Graham.

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Welcome back Graham, do take it easy, you may think you can do things but later you may pay for it, if you know what I mean.

Not sure atm if I will be over to visit in the uk, as you know not far from you, but if I do I will let you know. With one thing and the other here I am very busy, 73, and still burning the midnight oil and keeping my head down as we say, regards to Jules.

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me some coffee

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-10-23, 17:43:58