PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2021-10-22, 22:54:07
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
Author Topic: OUR, window on the world.  (Read 163380 times)

I would think that some attention should be put on the relationship of the estimated speed, foil's angle of attack and the lift developed or it will be impressive but uncontrollable.

Group: Ambassador

Foils are like magic

And seeing people surf forever on the waves ( tiny waves too)
Some fellows foil board with no power assist in the open ocean
Pumping the board to transition between surfing the eternal wave ...
Amazing

Thanks for sharing
I been kicking around a foil project myself , retrofitting a Hobie cat platform!
I guess it’s just a matter of pulling the trigger....

Learning what size foil and shapes for a given weight ?? ( some guys / manufacturers hide their info , claiming many years to get it right ?

Wow
Cool project

And getting a microprocessor to manage a foil with elevator or ailerons
Alah the “cup boats”( 6 tonnes ....75 ft ... flying along at 3-4 times  Wind speed ...? 60 mph....

Now that would really be something....

Wow
Very cool !

Chet
Foils are like magic

And seeing people surf forever on the waves ( tiny waves too)
Some fellows foil board with no power assist in the open ocean
Pumping the board to transition between surfing the eternal wave ...
Amazing

That's the feeling I got the first time I watched a video of hydrofoil surfing on youtube a while back... magic, lol.

Pulled the wings out of the bending jigs this morning and it looks like 1/2" dihedral on the main and 3/8" on the tail. I wasn't expecting much from a quick hot water bath so I was happy with it. Also got some time to build the fuselage with 3D printed end caps then glue and fillet the tapered wing blocks to set the initial angles. As a starting point I'm trying 3 degrees positive pitch on the main wing and negative 2 degrees on the tail. This should give me a center of gravity pretty close to the center of lift forward of the main wing for more stability.

Designed the front and rear wing blocks to be identical so I can 3D print 1 degree shims to trim her up if need be.

Here's a not bad link to the general theory...https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/General/Some-Foil-theory?page=1

Regards
AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” George Bernard Shaw

Group: Ambassador

Here today a picture from wardenclyffe ( spelling). An associate was passing by and I asked him to take a few pics and
Send them to me .

Seems it’s still closed

I had some meetings few years back with persons trying to open wardenclyffe / museum site ,

Interesting place  !
Ps
Ac
We need a spot for foils ....

Something that doesn’t bump FE experimenters off front page ( I believe/ hoped forum upgrade might make this possible....?

I am definitely afflicted with this tech and growing food indoors too ..

Finished the setup on the hydrofoil board...
+1.5 degrees on the main wing
-2 degrees on the rear wing
+ 3 degrees on the mast

Now the testing begins, could be interesting...

Regards
AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” George Bernard Shaw

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2021-10-22, 22:54:07