PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 04:21:55
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Tuneable Large Signal Reciever  (Read 11059 times)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
From SM:

He [Tesla] noticed that most of the time the magnetometers stayed relatively sedate and
around the same level. They would fluctuate just slightly. However one day he noticed
that the meters jumped quite unpredictably.  It attracted his attention and he began to
find that the meters were reacting to a thunderstorm many hundreds of miles away.
Interesting isn't it?  
Then he continued his experiments and found that as a thunderstorm moved closer the
magnetometers would register larger and larger fluctuations
until they were off the scale
and useless.  
He was fascinated and consumed by this. He acquired better magnetometers and his
research found that you could tune the magnetometers to certain specific frequencies
and tap directly into large magnetic waves
. When I say large, I am referring to huge.
That was useable power.  
However, you had to find a circuit potential in order for the electrons to flow. That was
the difficulty which he overcame to produce his famous demonstrations of power from
nowhere.

Group: Moderator

poynt,
  This quote is great, I have read it many times, and it helped me to formulate this idea.  Not only that quote but all except a few sentences of Marks quotes make sense to me now.  And I believe the few excepted sentences of quote's that don't fit are the only misdirection on his part.

---------------------------
"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material"  Nicola Tesla

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
From SM:

He [Tesla] noticed that most of the time the magnetometers stayed relatively sedate and
around the same level. They would fluctuate just slightly. However one day he noticed
that the meters jumped quite unpredictably.  It attracted his attention and he began to
find that the meters were reacting to a thunderstorm many hundreds of miles away.
Interesting isn't it?  
Then he continued his experiments and found that as a thunderstorm moved closer the
magnetometers would register larger and larger fluctuations until they were off the scale
and useless.  
He was fascinated and consumed by this. He acquired better magnetometers and his
research found that you could tune the magnetometers to certain specific frequencies
and tap directly into large magnetic waves. When I say large, I am referring to huge.
That was useable power.  
However, you had to find a circuit potential in order for the electrons to flow. That was
the difficulty which he overcame to produce his famous demonstrations of power from
nowhere.

All electric currents have an associated magnetic field.

What type of current do you think Tesla was detecting in these experiments?

Group: Guest

All electric currents have an associated magnetic field.

What type of current do you think Tesla was detecting in these experiments?

longitudinal magnetic

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr

longitudinal magnetic

A longitudinal electric current with an associated magnetic field or a magnetic current?

Just an update, I am preparing schematics and pictures to post very soon.  These will be mainly to give me direction for the building of this and may not be what I end up with, or I may have to add to it.  They will just be a starting point for me and an initial configuration, I have to start somewhere.

What I am going to try to do is get a heterodyne going between 2 different frequencies to create a 3rd freqency of interest to me.  While at the same time all of these frequencies will be rotating, and I will see where that leads me, and go on from there.

Wavewatcher,  If you wait to post until you have something, and I have also been there, we here, lose all the knowledge of what you are doing, even if it doesn't work knowing what you did will prevent others from wasting there time trying to figure out what you already have.  If you have a new idea put it out there, give it a shot what have you got to lose who knows it may work or someone else may get a better idea from yours.

Room 

"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material"  Nicola Tesla

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

OK here is the basic circuit I am going to start with.  It is built on a circuit I already designed for another project and I have proven to myself it works. Yes I know the parts are obsolete but I already have them why not use them.  Many parts will work to do the same thing and yes I can design newer and more available parts into this but then so can anybody.  It is a sine wave generator (X2) driving a phase splitter and an amplifier powering the converter coils. I hope this doesn't get to complicated.

« Last Edit: 2010-06-22, 17:03:33 by Room3327 »

And here are pictures of the converter coil, I am sorry I can't find pictures of the core windings in the center.  The few pictures I have are of the secondary (output)winding almost finished being taped with fiberglass tape, then the finished taping and lastly the finished coil with the bifilar wound primary and some of the connections.  That is a 12 inch ruler laying in front of it.

« Last Edit: 2010-06-22, 17:04:53 by Room3327 »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
If you wait to post until you have something, and I have also been there, we here, lose all the knowledge of what you are doing, even if it doesn't work knowing what you did will prevent others from wasting there time trying to figure out what you already have.  If you have a new idea put it out there, give it a shot what have you got to lose who knows it may work or someone else may get a better idea from yours.

Room great work, and a great policy above, as you say it doesn't matter what the outcome is everyone learns from this, and these build projects in the open allow other's to join in and suggest possible ways and things to try as well.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Thanks for the encouragement Peterae, I think sharing our work is the main function of a site like this.  Open source is the only alternative and the only chance we have of changing things. Keeping things to ourselves will not help get it out and in some cases is not good for our health.

Just an update, I am still building circuits, tested one phase of the converter and my circuit drives it very nicely. I have had some thoughts about the output and have a different circuit idea for it, but until I get to that point there is no sense in getting ahead of myself.
I found a paper that seems to be very pertinant to what I am trying to do. Worth taking a read.

http://amasci.com/tesla/tescieve.html

Sorry I lost interest in this, been working on hydrogen generator instead and spending time with grandkids.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Got this built but went over the deep end with three channels into the realm of Pied Piper. Created the S)olfeggio H)armonic I)ntegration T)ransmitter and have been shooting the voles in the back yard. I shoot them with harmonic frequencies on a quartly basis. I expect to see birth defects in the litters this spring. :o

Guess I should bring the initial build out and regroup on this. It did create some amazing effects with my Bose output using hardly any volume at all. This might be the ticket in the field generation instead of sound. And that would coincide with the effective aperture process. I have been looking at the use of 2 phased sines also currently. Moab stated poetry instead of sledging. After all, utility transformers explode from sine harmonics.

Hi GK,
Thanks for the laugh I needed it. Those poor Voles  :(

Yea I guess I should get back on this thing too, I actually did do some testing on the new transformer-coil and at this point I am pretty much convinced that it needs a ferrite core to operate properly.  Don't get excited I didn't test for the anomaly I discovered with my first test set up, which I still have and could set it back up but the new coil isn't developing the field that the test setup did. It had a steel wire core in it with 1600 turns of wire around it. I could get a steel rod in the center to rotate like a motor.  This one only has copper poloidal windings for a core and I have not been able to get a rod rotating with it.

So I think I need to build another transformer-coil setup to move on, but I can probably get some more information out of this one too. One thought I had was would it work  to have dual rotation going on in the same direction but at slightly different frequency's.  This should create periodic collisions of peaks which should appear as very large rapid pulses being applied and all the fields are rotating in the same direction one at say 2.5 KHz and one at 2.8KHz this would give us components of 5.3KHz and 300 Hz.  I believe all these frequencies will be rotating in the same direction to give the effect I found, I'm rambling now but I think you see the possibilities. 

Group: Guest

Created the S)olfeggio H)armonic I)ntegration T)ransmitter and have been shooting the voles in the back yard. I shoot them with harmonic frequencies on a quartly basis. I expect to see birth defects in the litters this spring. :o

You may think about ending that practice when they are standing erect at your back door and offering to be your assistant.

I have some technicians working for me that probably went through that style of development. You can tell by the way they eat their lunch  :o

Hi All,
  I will reopen this thread and post what I found here and answer questions, No I did not find overunity and do not make any such claim, but that doe's not mean I didn't find any interesting things or anything worth looking at.  This device shows and proves that you can have magnetic rotation in a solid toroidal core of ferromagnetic material it also demonstrates the ability to spin a compass in it's magnetic field which I don't think of as a big woopy, but it demonstrates something I haven't quite put my finger on yet and that is the registering of current flow in a clamp on ammeter without being clamped on anything.  I just need to bring it close 6-8 inches from this device to have it start registering current.  It shows the maximum reading at the center of  the toroid, in the middle I got readings as high as 40 amps with 750 ma. input.  I tried many times to get my mechanical d'arsonval movement ammeter to show a reading in all kinds of environments, around transformers, switching supplies etc. the only time it would read anything was by the toroid with the rotating field.

Steven Marks demonstrated this same phenomena in one of his videos, but using a digital clamp on ammeter.  Much has been made of this over the years and I have never seen or heard of anyone duplicating this feat!   In operation this device also exhibits a slight gyroscopic effect and vibration and over many tests it seems to have something continue to rotate after input power is shut off, like the magnetic field continues rotating in the core for a short period of time.

In looking for output I found that I got the biggest readings with coils positioned radially to the toroid.  This testing was done on a single toroid of bailing wire with 4 coils rapped around the core toroidally and connected per my schematic and fed with a 2 phase input.  Using series capacitors of correct size to find resonance at the frequencies I was interested in. I also utilized a piece of copper coated steel welding rod that just fit inside the toroid, hammered a divot in the center of it and balanced it on a small sharpened nail in a block of wood, I raised the toroid up so the rod coincided with the center line of the core.  As long as the frequency was low the rod would spin like a motor, as compasses do, mostly for visual feedback.

A word of warning, when sitting close by this device while operating I would get sick and dizzy feeling, like it was spinning something in my head.  Moving away from it or shutting it off would stop the feelings in just a few minutes.

I think I will leave it here for now.
Room3327
« Last Edit: 2019-04-03, 23:28:22 by Room3327 »

The exact embodiment that I used in testing consisted of about 25 turns around a standard gal. paint can of literally bailing wire.  It was bare steel, magnetic and I am guessing 16 ga. wire making an approximately 1/2 inch dia. steel core.  I then taped the core with mylar transformer tape all the way around. I then drew lines on it dividing it into 4 sections with a perm. marker.  Each 1/4 of the core I wound 1 layer of 29 ga. magnet wire right on top of the tape, tight and orderly, be as accurate as you can.  By calculation the plan was to have each coil be 4 ohms with the goal being 8 ohms for each of the two coil sets, My actual coil measurement came out at 7.8 ohms on both sets and you do want them as balanced as possible.  I started with these numbers because SM said to think of speakers and I thought 8 ohms sounds speakerish, you have to start somewhere and it was a good match for the amplifier.  The distance between coils was the with of the marker I used to divide the core into 4 sections about .1 inch (2.5 mm).  Each coil was 400 turns of 29 ga. magnet wire.  Then I taped it again all around with the mylar tape.  There is no bifilar windings involved with this I just never tried bifilar windings, they may work better.

I tried al sorts of arangements with 2 toroids built as above, one above the other, some tests rotating in the same direction others in opposite directions.  I tried all sorts of output windings wrapped around 1 toroid sometimes rapped around both toroids,  I spent a lot of time with this for several years thinking of different operating modes such as it is very similar to a circular shake flashlight with a N&S pole wizzing around through coils, at any rate it is fun to play with and not that difficult to get working, I didn't use batteries like in my schematic above I used a lab power supply that could only supply 1.6 amps max. my normal draw was between 500 and 750 ma. at 18 V I used 18 V in all my testing my PS will only go to 20 V but in resonance I would have 26 VRMS across ea. coil set. In retrospect I think it may have been too low of voltage to get real good effects.

Getting late I'm rambling enough,
Room

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Dear Room3327

Thanks for sharing your work on this. Here are  a few questions should you have the time to answer?

1) What was the final size and weight of your device including all components.

2) Were Pin / Pout measurements taken

3) How would you compare the vibration and it's level

4) Was there an observable washboard effect

5) Was the system able to be looped such that it could operate removed from power supply or battery

6) How sensitive was tuning to operation of the device

7) Did the output fluctuate over e.g one hour

8.) Do you intend to revive this experiment

Thanks in advance  8)

Regards

Note: eight right parenthesis =  8), so I had to add the period

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Hi Room

I see you have used iron wire, I tried an iron core and could not get a charge to build on the core coils and so went to copper where I can get very high voltages circulating around as in a mag loop antenna.

I think IMO a magnetic core is counterproductive where the near magnetic field is being eliminated by the magnetic flux in the iron. I now have two mag loops which have a capacitive part between them which charges and circulates, one is positive and the other negative (floating ground) HV measured across the capacitance.

On my STEAP revisited area I have just posted my latest TPU which has no input battery, only a 9v battery for the electronics, this will be tested next week on my return from a short trip.

Sorry to have heard of your heart attack, hope all is now well, I had a few years ago an aneurysm which made me have attacks of seeing double, now take blood-thinning tablets which seem to have cured the problem. Yes, we need to keep fit, I'm an active 68yr old and have to also keep the brain active as well as the body.

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Hi Ion,
  I will answer your question to the best of my ability.

Dear Room3327

Thanks for sharing your work on this. Here are  a few questions should you have the time to answer?

1) What was the final size and weight of your device including all components.
It depends on which one your talking about but the range would be about .5 lb. to 1.5 lb. The above single toroid with no output windings about 14 oz.

2) Were Pin / Pout measurements taken
Yes at many different times and configurations, but I don't recall any being over about 90% efficient.

3) How would you compare the vibration and it's level
Vibration depended on frequency and power input level, not a lot of it but it is there. There is also a very slight gyroscopic feel to it when I would pick it up not strong but it seemed to be there.

4) Was there an observable washboard effect
No not that I ever observed.

5) Was the system able to be looped such that it could operate removed from power supply or battery
No I was never able to get a good output from any configuration I tried, nothing over 100%

6) How sensitive was tuning to operation of the device
It's not too sensitive to the tuning but enough that you have to watch everything, like phase balancing, freq., resonance spots, input current etc.

7) Did the output fluctuate over e.g one hour
Once I tuned it into resonance the output would remain very steady, but after about 20-30 min the drive coils would heat up and I would shut it down and let it cool.

8.) Do you intend to revive this experiment
Good question Ion, maybe, I have a number of other irons on the fire right now but still have all the working parts, all I would have to do is hook it back up but I have still not figured out the way to get maximum output from it or if it could even go over cop 1.

Thanks in advance  8)

Regards

Note: eight right parenthesis =  8), so I had to add the period
« Last Edit: 2019-04-03, 23:21:34 by Room3327 »

Hi Room

I see you have used iron wire, I tried an iron core and could not get a charge to build on the core coils and so went to copper where I can get very high voltages circulating around as in a mag loop antenna.

I think IMO a magnetic core is counterproductive where the near magnetic field is being eliminated by the magnetic flux in the iron. I now have two mag loops which have a capacitive part between them which charges and circulates, one is positive and the other negative (floating ground) HV measured across the capacitance.

On my STEAP revisited area I have just posted my latest TPU which has no input battery, only a 9v battery for the electronics, this will be tested next week on my return from a short trip.

Sorry to have heard of your heart attack, hope all is now well, I had a few years ago an aneurysm which made me have attacks of seeing double, now take blood-thinning tablets which seem to have cured the problem. Yes, we need to keep fit, I'm an active 68yr old and have to also keep the brain active as well as the body.

Regards

Mike 8)

Hi Mike,
  Glad your still hanging in there with your health issue's too.  I think you may be right, from what I found at the end, I thought a higher frequency ferrite core would work better.  As far as a copper core I wound 2 or 3 with copper cores and in my testing they didn't seem to work at all for me, but I am sure our circuits are not at all alike and the only capacitors involved with my toroids were the two resonance capacitors and circuit caps.  I don't really know what you are working on, you gave me the old steap circuit but I think there may have been something missing there, all it did for me was produce high voltage which almost blew my scope. Is your steap circuit schematic in your steap thread I will take a look.  Sounds like you may be further along with the TPU then me, good work.

Respectfully
Room

Centraflow,
Mike can I ask where your STEAP revisited thread is? I haven't been able to find it here at OUR? I would be very interested in reading it.

Thank you,
Room

Buy me a beer
Centraflow,
Mike can I ask where your STEAP revisited thread is? I haven't been able to find it here at OUR? I would be very interested in reading it.

Thank you,
Room

Ah,

I will post it here for you.

I have two drive units, one is 3 frequencies at 1st, 3rd and 9th harmonic drives for the 3 mosfets and the other is a single frequency 3 phase drive 0º, 120º and 240º for the 3 mosfets, both give a predominant DC output.

Note the circuit difference between mosfet B and C for the 3 phase board. schematic is dsn (download free Tinycad to open).

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Added the 3ph circuit as an image here

Regards

Mike 8)

Mike,
  Thank you very much for that, now I can see the similarities of yours and mine.  I knew a 3 phase circuit would work as well as or better then my 2 phase circuit but never got around to trying it.  The biggest difference I see is the capacitor circling around the toroid and being a part of the circuit, I never thought of that.
Questions I would like to ask if you don't mind answering.

Have you ever tried this with a 2 phase circuit?

Is the unmarked inductor a CMC on the schematic?

How did you implement the capacitor and what material did you use?

Doe's the rotating field charge the capacitor or is there another mode of operation I'm not understanding involved?

Is the 3 phase with 3 diff. freqs. better then the 3 phase with 1 freq.? Whats the difference between them?

When you said you used copper wire wire instead of iron, do you mean to wrap a toroidal core and is the core open at one point or multi wrapped? One turn or many?

Doe's the capacitor sandwich the core at the center?

These may all be questions you have already answered, and I may have more. I apologize for not having followed you more closely over the years and maybe I would not have had to ask these questions, but I don't have much to do with other sites like EF and OU so I don't know whats being said at them.

Again Thank you for the info,
Respectfully
Room   

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 04:21:55