PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-28, 08:27:04
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: The Non-Sense Pulse Motor.  (Read 147281 times)

Group: Mad Scientist

Nice   ;)   Dont need much. Use small amounts to attach and dry quickly, then apply an even amount around as to not unbalance the wheel.

Mags

Group: Guest

Please see diagram below,and think about what you are looking at.

Using changes in the transition zone between the rotor and stator magnets and resulting changes to the neutral zone within the rotor magnet to induce a current in the rotor coil, the magnitude of which is independent from the current supplied to the stator coil. ???

Cheers

Group: Experimentalist

Using changes in the transition zone between the rotor and stator magnets and resulting changes to the neutral zone within the rotor magnet to induce a current in the rotor coil, the magnitude of which is independent from the current supplied to the stator coil. ???

Cheers

Excellent, i will buy that

Long time no see, my friend.

Ron

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee

Cheers

Indeed

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Group: Guest
Excellent, i will buy that

Long time no see, my friend.

Ron

LOL. As usual Ron, I'm not selling!  :P

Hope you've had a merry christmas festive season, all the best for the coming new year.
Cheers and KneeDeep

Buy me some coffee
Well now that xmas is out of the way,i can get back into the workshop.

Should have the testbed done by sat night.

Brad

Group: Tinkerer

Thanks for sharing Brad. Did you just have the iron pipe lying around? I don't suppose you got it from Reece or Bunnings :)

Never mind printing with Iron PLA. Mine will be scaled down so I can print parts.

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Iron PLA?
What kind of temperature do you have to set the extruder to for that stuff? I mean, 200C wouldn't melt it, would it? Have just never heard of it, have heard of conductive filaments...unless...that's what a conductive filament is made with !
 :o

*sound in the background of a penny dropping*

ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Iron PLA?
What kind of temperature do you have to set the extruder to for that stuff? I mean, 200C wouldn't melt it, would it? Have just never heard of it, have heard of conductive filaments...unless...that's what a conductive filament is made with !
 :o

*sound in the background of a penny dropping*

conductive is usually graphene so resistance sucks. https://www.proto-pasta.com/pages/magnetic-iron-pla drive coil done in time for NYE :)

Buy me some coffee
Ok,so i was thinking about this some more,and i believe there would be a benefit in putting a slot along the length of the steel tube,so as it is not seen as a shorted turn.

At these low RPM,it may not have much effect,but every bit helps.

So if you have not built your drive coil yet,it may be something to consider ?

Brad

Buy me some coffee
A couple of pictures taken during the build.

As i have chosen to share this with you all,rather than going down the private !hope to find investors! route,i would hope that you follow and stick to the build instructions i have given you.

This includes making sure that the quality of the build is high,so as it has the best chance of giving the results we need.

This includes making sure your windings are as neat as possible.
I dont expect to see machine wound quality,but you can get the coil windings quite neat when wound by hand.

Remember,this is not a race,so give the build the time it deserves.

Brad

Hey Brad

Is the iron tube used to not demagnetize the magnets with the pulse of the drive coil?

Mags

This includes making sure your windings are as neat as possible.
I dont expect to see machine wound quality,but you can get the coil windings quite neat when wound by hand.

Brad

FAIL on my 1st drive coil ...... :) Do you straighten your F&P rotor wire? For my rotor the print will take around 13h then I've designed hollow threaded bobbins to house the mags and screw into the rotor. The six will take a further 10 hours to print I think. Still to design a robust housing for it all.

Buy me some coffee
Hey Brad

Is the iron tube used to not demagnetize the magnets with the pulse of the drive coil?

Mags

Hi Mags

The iron tube is to concentrate the magnetic field produced by the drive coil.

Brad

Buy me some coffee
FAIL on my 1st drive coil ...... :) Do you straighten your F&P rotor wire? For my rotor the print will take around 13h then I've designed hollow threaded bobbins to house the mags and screw into the rotor. The six will take a further 10 hours to print I think. Still to design a robust housing for it all.

Oh wish i had a 3D printer.
Would make life so easy  :)

Great idea there Jim  O0

Brad

Oh wish i had a 3D printer.
Would make life so easy  :)

Great idea there Jim  O0

Brad
Maaaaate you would love it. Mine is too small now. Got it from Aldi for $300. Good one to start with so I know what I'm missing. Spool prototype failed - thread needs to be bigger. These Neos aren't going anywhere. The outward end is concave internally, with the outer facing hole 6mm. I'm hoping that will give me 1mm or less clearance for the neo.

i'm glad I have a printer. I don't have your skills Brad.Rotor is printing. I'll be printing the poles in a flexible pla as it's tight fit for the mag. I'm thinking a horiz mount for this unless we're relying on gravity :)

Buy me some coffee
i'm glad I have a printer. I don't have your skills Brad.Rotor is printing. I'll be printing the poles in a flexible pla as it's tight fit for the mag. I'm thinking a horiz mount for this unless we're relying on gravity :)

Ok
I really have o get me a 3D printer.

Then i'll be needing bulk lessons Jim lol.

Brad

Buy me some coffee

Ive been looking at these. Great reviews

https://www.banggood.com/search/creality.html?brand=724&sbc=1

Mags

Buy me some coffee
Ive been looking at these. Great reviews

https://www.banggood.com/search/creality.html?brand=724&sbc=1

Mags

Yes Mags
That seems to be the best out of the ones i listed.
Cheaper on ebay through the creality seller.

Brad

Ok
I really have o get me a 3D printer.

Then i'll be needing bulk lessons Jim lol.

Brad

Geeze I didn't have time for a kit. I just wanted one off the shelf I could start using. I now know I need a bigger print bed and heated, plus dual extrusion capability. I'm primarily using tinkercad  for design as it's what my grandkids use at primary school :) Finding out it's limitations as well.

Geeze I didn't have time for a kit. I just wanted one off the shelf I could start using. I now know I need a bigger print bed and heated, plus dual extrusion capability. I'm primarily using tinkercad  for design as it's what my grandkids use at primary school :) Finding out it's limitations as well.

There is quite a bit of free software out there for 3d and 3d printing.

https://www.nchsoftware.com/meshmagic3d/index.html?msclkid=618cb297a3d31684c248eebb98c2180b

https://www.blender.org/

https://www.lifewire.com/free-3d-software-list-2005

https://all3dp.com/1/best-free-3d-modeling-software-3d-cad-3d-design-software/

http://www.3ders.org/3d-software/3d-software-list.html

And software to help perfect the printing like Cura and Slicer..

https://all3dp.com/1/best-free-3d-printing-software-3d-printer-program/

Mags

Buy me some coffee
Well i have decided on this one-->the Anet A8

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/On-Sale-Anet-A8-DIY-3D-Printer-Kit-1-75mm-0-4mm-Support-ABS-PLA-HIPS-AU/132796055691?hash=item1eeb43008b:g:~90AAOSwQ3tbq0KM:rk:3:pf:0

Many reasons for this--some being-->
It is only $172.00 AU delivered,and the quality is quite good.
It is a kit,and i love putting things together---many many hours of joy with lego technics and mechano in my childhood years  O0
So many free upgrades for it,including the fire hazard fix  ;D,and most upgrades you print your self.
A lot of support groups.
And can be made fully wifi enabled--no SD card for every print.

So,this will be my first 3D printer,as never had anything to do with them before.

So lets see how i go. :-\

The hardest part will be learning how to use some form of suitable designing program,so as i can design and print my own parts.

All these years i have been building parts by hand,so once i get this all happening,the builds will be more precise and easier--maybe even cheaper  O0

Brad

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-28, 08:27:04