PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 07:38:24
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: The Non-Sense Pulse Motor.  (Read 147308 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Yeah I know but I have a fisher & Paykel stator staring at me begging to be stripped... 90% through the print and the keepers look a little brittle. May want to make them 2mm.

Im 50% done on the 4th attempt lol,but looking good. O0
I made it all 1.5mm.
Not sure what size the 10mm hole will be now?

And yes,that is where i get all my wire,from .4mm for the 40 series,up to 1mm for the 100 series motors.
Always go out collecting them on throwout week lol.

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Buy me some coffee
Looks like the tube is a tad thicker than 1.5mm lol.

Group: Tinkerer

Yep too brittle I'll start one at 100% infill, cross my fingers and got to bed :)

Buy me some coffee
Yep too brittle I'll start one at 100% infill, cross my fingers and got to bed :)

Well the center core was strong enough on mine,but the keepers just snapped off like a potato chip.
Also 10mm magnet dose not fit in the hole,so up'd the scale by .2%.

So will try again tomorrow.

Brad

Well the center core was strong enough on mine,but the keepers just snapped off like a potato chip.
Also 10mm magnet dose not fit in the hole,so up'd the scale by .2%.

So will try again tomorrow.

Brad
Mmmm internal dia was definitely 10.2 - I Have made the keepers 1mm thicker extended to 64mm and centre dia is 10.3.

Buy me some coffee
Mmmm internal dia was definitely 10.2 - I Have made the keepers 1mm thicker extended to 64mm and centre dia is 10.3.

Did it turn out ok Jim?

Did it turn out ok Jim?
swore a lot last night then went to bed. Bout to print now. The edited version is at the same link.

Buy me some coffee
swore a lot last night then went to bed. Bout to print now. The edited version is at the same link.

Well its only 1.15pm here,so by the time i get home from work,you should have it all sorted O0 lol.

Brad

Well its only 1.15pm here,so by the time i get home from work,you should have it all sorted O0 lol.

Brad
I'll put a et of verniers over it for you :)

I'll put a et of verniers over it for you :)
Ok not good. Don't print it. one of the smaller coils is 1mm too big. Keepers need more infill to0. Adjusting now.

Buy me some coffee
Ok not good. Don't print it. one of the smaller coils is 1mm too big. Keepers need more infill to0. Adjusting now.

The width of each coil is not critical-- + or - 1 or 2mm wont matter much.

They're exactly 17.2 - 4mm for the keepers. 13.2 .  Printing the solid version now. Tinkercad updated.

Buy me some coffee
Ok,success  O0

Printed upright.

I increased the size of your original by .07% Jim,printed at 2mm wall thickness,selected support everywhere at 5%,support angle at 0 degree's.

Still have some support material to remove,but the magnet fits spot on,and it feels strong  O0
So now just a cleanup--maybe try the heat gun to remove the cobwebs ?.

Winding tomorrow night  O0

Brad

Group: Mad Scientist

To clean up your prints, just barely kiss it with a propane torch.  Faster than a heat gun, works well for me.   Just don't burn the house down ;)

You'll still want some sandpaper and an exacto-knife to clean up the smaller features.  No matter how good your print, there's always a little bit of cleanup..

If you get excessive threading, you can try turning your nozzle temp down a few degrees; it usually helps.

When you say something is impossible, you have made it impossible

Ok,success  O0

Printed upright.

I increased the size of your original by .07% Jim,printed at 2mm wall thickness,selected support everywhere at 5%,support angle at 0 degree's.

Still have some support material to remove,but the magnet fits spot on,and it feels strong  O0
So now just a cleanup--maybe try the heat gun to remove the cobwebs ?.

Winding tomorrow night  O0

Brad
Good to hear. What Reiyuki said. A little butane torch is great. I picked up an elcheapo from bunnings that uses a lighter as the fuel tank. $10 I think. My 10mm neos arrived today so it looks like I'll be joinig the SS party as well :)

Buy me some coffee
Good to hear. What Reiyuki said. A little butane torch is great. I picked up an elcheapo from bunnings that uses a lighter as the fuel tank. $10 I think. My 10mm neos arrived today so it looks like I'll be joinig the SS party as well :)

Well,i have my tricoil coil wound,and after a couple of hours testing,i see nothing out of the ordinary going on here.
In fact,if i replace the magnets with an iron pin the same size,the efficiency of the coil/transformer rises.  C.C

Also,using my old circuit to pulse it,i now have the same average voltage across both CSR1 and CSR2,as i do with any ordinary off the shelf inductor.

It would seem that the steel tube is needed to obtain the effect we are looking for.

Brad

Group: Professor

snip]]
Also,using my old circuit to pulse it,i now have the same average voltage across both CSR1 and CSR2,as i do with any ordinary off the shelf inductor.

It would seem that the steel tube is needed to obtain the effect we are looking for.

Brad

This is important!  thank you for these tests.
Now, to get back to the effect by re-inserting the "critical element"!  Good luck, friend.

Well,i have my tricoil coil wound,and after a couple of hours testing,i see nothing out of the ordinary going on here.
In fact,if i replace the magnets with an iron pin the same size,the efficiency of the coil/transformer rises.  C.C

Brad

That's what I thought. Isn't the polarity of the steel pipe opposite that of the mag in the coil's unpowered state? Aren't we flipping the domains of the pipe and simply masking/supressing the neo with the coil? Meaning the mag field does not collapse on the neo only on the pipe.

That's what I thought. Isn't the polarity of the steel pipe opposite that of the mag in the coil's unpowered state? Aren't we flipping the domains of the pipe and simply masking/supressing the neo with the coil? Meaning the mag field does not collapse on the neo only on the pipe.

btw this was why I thought a tube mag ith a pipe on outside and iron core. My thinking is we get two fields of same polarity flipping, so no phase cancellation. Anyway I'm probably way off. I just can't see us flipping the neo dipole but we can the iron mags.  Specifically I’m thinking about kunel and Sweet devices

Buy me some coffee
btw this was why I thought a tube mag ith a pipe on outside and iron core. My thinking is we get two fields of same polarity flipping, so no phase cancellation. Anyway I'm probably way off. I just can't see us flipping the neo dipole but we can the iron mags.  Specifically I’m thinking about kunel and Sweet devices

Well the tests seem to state that we do indeed need a magnetic material between the mags and coil.

Im wondering how a former made from that ferrite or iron filament you have would go?.

BTW,where do you get that filament from,as i should get myself a roll.

Brad

I'm using protopasta Iron PLA. https://www.proto-pasta.com/products/magnetic-iron-pla I'd also like to try Virtual foundary's that has a higher Fe content and you can  sinter.

Sorry if its not to scale, but these are what Ive come up with to try the SS version.  1/2in nylon spacer and nylon washers. have to open the washer holes with a dremel to fit the spacer snug then sand the glue surfaces and superglue.  Works pretty darn good for nylon. Done it before.

This is a very similar function to the SS orbo I have done back in 2010. This is just a different way of manipulating the magnets field path.

Mags

This version was what I imagined it should be if I could get the right size parts. Long ring magnet in the middle and thin ferrite tubes.

Mags

Buy me some coffee
Sorry if its not to scale, but these are what Ive come up with to try the SS version.  1/2in nylon spacer and nylon washers. have to open the washer holes with a dremel to fit the spacer snug then sand the glue surfaces and superglue.  Works pretty darn good for nylon. Done it before.

This is a very similar function to the SS orbo I have done back in 2010. This is just a different way of manipulating the magnets field path.

Mags

Have you tried one yet Mag's?.

Brad

Have you tried one yet Mag's?.

Brad

Havnt tried yours yet. Have to finish that. The orbon I had fiddled with back then but didnt have proper equipment. Will be testing them side by side with yours here soon.

Mags

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 07:38:24