PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-10-23, 17:43:59
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]
Author Topic: Itsu's workbench / placeholder.  (Read 135912 times)

Group: Moderator

Thanks Graham,

so Hygroscopic materials (like PLA) should be avoided in static electricity devices, at least in the static electricity carrying parts like the disk.

Looking for a suitable piece of styrofoam to redo the disk.......

Ok about the aerial, but since i moved to my present place i did not erect any antenna's, so i can't use that either.

Itsu 

Hi all,

2 days ago i have had installed a 15kWh solar battery system hooked up to our 11-year-old 6kW (24 panels of 250W) solar panel.

The idea is to collect the free solar power during the day to use it in the evening.

This was driven by the notion that the current netting (netting the supplied energy delivered to the grid with the energy taken from the grid) will be stopped in the near future here in The Netherlands.

We have / had a 50% netting, so we did not pay for any electricity these last 11 years (we even often got a nice bonus at year's end).

Anyway, this is the battery system, which is tuning itself right now and seems to work as we expected it would:

We could add a 4th 5kWh module, totaling 20kWh of storage, but this will be decided after some time and only if needed.

With a daily consumption of about 7kWh we could last 2 days on a full charge, but this will change drastically nearing the wintertime as we have some infrared panels supplying additional heating in some rooms relieving the natural gas heating system.

Regards Itsu

Very nice setup you have there Itsu!

In September 2022 I bought and installed 6x 375W SunPower Maxeon 3 DC Black solar panels on my garage roof and then added a Solax 7.5kW inverter and 3x Solax 5.8kWh batteries. The panels will generate up to 2.5kW on a nice sunny day and around 500W on an overcast day.

I've set up a Home Assistant dashboard showing the relevant stats. from the inverter so I can check on things at a glance.

I have another 6x panels sitting in our garden. I need to buy/hire some scaffolding to replace some ageing 250W panels on our main roof.

I set the batteries to charge overnight to 60% at a cheap rate, then the following day they charge up to 100% from solar ready to discharge to avoid our 16:00-20:00 peak rate. The overnight rate varies from -5p (yes, negative!) to 10p per kWh. The peak rate can be anywhere from 20p to 50p. The batteries only tend to discharge down to 40% during the peak rate window, unless we happen to be using an extraordinary amount of power during that time.

Thanks Ifarrant,

so you have a dynamic energy contract with cheap nightly rates etc., well my provider (like 95% of them here) do not allow a dynamic contract when having solar panels, so i have a fairly fixed variable contract.

Need to look for another provider, i guess.

For now, we try to charge the batteries to full during the day and use it during the evening / night, which is no problem now (dropped overnight to 77% first day and 83% last night).

I have the "myenergi app" which provide me with all the useful data and graphs, but probably will switch to or add "HomeWizzard Enery" for monitoring stuff.

Regards Itsu

Yeah our unit rate varies every half hour, but it is generally much cheaper between 00:00 and 06:00 so I've configured my inverter to charge the batteries during that window and then discharge between 16:00 and 20:00. I might need to tweak that to extend it to 21:00, looking at today's rates. I wanted to avoid having to make changes every day, so it's good that a pattern has emerged that I can tailor my system to.

This is today's rate breakdown, for example:

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-10-23, 17:43:59