PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2022-08-16, 14:14:23
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transatlantic Telluric Communication Experiment  (Read 446 times)

Group: Moderator

A few of us have been coordinating to perform some Tesla-style long-range communications experiments these next few months, using the ground as a longitudinal medium. :)

Adrian Marsh's synopsis here:
http://www.energeticforum.com/forum/energetic-forum-discussion/renewable-energy/tesla/tesla-energy-research/tesla-wireless-communications/510802-transatlantic-telluric-communication-experiment

"The transatlantic telluric communication project is an experimental attempt to transfer power between two specially arranged Tesla transformers, one in the US and one in the UK. Electrical power and hence modulated communication in the form of Morse Code or low bandwidth telephony will be transferred between TX and RX bidirectionally. If this experiment could prove successful it will represent one of the most significant Tesla based experiments since Tesla's own era, and also serve to validate the principles, apparatus, and experiments that Tesla was engaged with. Even if not successful it should reveal a wealth of research into the underlying principles and suitable apparatus for further investigations and experiments, and whether telluric power transfer and communication is actually possible over such large distances through the earth."

"Tesla was originally arranging telluric transfer of power at 45Kc which requires very large coil dimensions, and powerful apparatus and generator equipment to drive the TMT system. This intended experiment will start in the 160m amateur radio band, at say 1.86Mc, where coil dimensions and generator apparatus and power are much more manageable, and work down in frequency band from this if required, and as resources become available."

In prep for these upcoming experiments, I spent the last couple days fabricating a large Tesla Coil secondary out of UHMW polyethylene.

* Construction technique and calculating dimensions+wire length is outlined here if anyone's interested in building high-efficiency open-frame Tesla Coils: https://hakasays.com/blog/tesla-high...-construction/
* The target frequency is just above the 160m HAM radio band, so about 2-2.4mc.
* Using RG316 coax cable since it is silver coated and has a quite large surface area. Only the outer sheath is being used in this instance, same as Adrian's setup in UK.
* I intentionally left it oversize to allow lots of room for trimming to hit the target frequency. It’s better to be 10 feet too long than one inch too short.

This next week for me will be trying various permutations of secondaries and extra coils so I can get a comfortable baseline to work with before trimming things down to-size.

I'll be using a vector network analyzer to help with this process, and I will try to document a clear process for others that wish to follow along themselves.  Things get really wonky when measuring multiple interacting coils, as the series and parallel modes all play an interact with each-other in interesting ways. C.C

Group: Experimentalist

The problem with this link may be the background noise. Better than a Morse transmission, I advise you to use the FT8 digital mode for your project, which allows to decode signals down to -20 dB below the background noise. The FT8 is widely used, but there are others, down to -30 dB, see here with the software: https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html
(if you are a ham radio operator, you must already know them).

Ham radio have already communicated around the earth on these frequencies.
If the signal passes, how will you distinguish your transmission from a classical radio transmission?

---------------------------
"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

The problem with this link may be the background noise. Better than a Morse transmission, I advise you to use the FT8 digital mode for your project, which allows to decode signals down to -20 dB below the background noise.

This is a good point.
We will be trying multiple modes, partly because different modes can provide additional non-herzian gradients that work better in parallel resonance, and partly because one preliminary experiment actually reported better performance with voice than with CW.

Ham radio have already communicated around the earth on these frequencies.
If the signal passes, how will you distinguish your transmission from a classical radio transmission?

1 - Since none of our systems will have radiating antennae, the transverse wave should be minimized, especially at such a low frequency band.
With 100 watts it's proven difficult to pick up *anything over a mile away using an ungrounded aerial with these setups.

1.5 - Receiving stations with conventional aerials will also be used for cross-comparison.  Both onside as well as through online public SDR's.  There will inevitably be some bleedover as transverse modulation is required to sustain the longitudinal mode.

2 - Performing the tests over a period of time should also rule out aerial and ionospheric skip (since there are times when conditions do not allow skip propagation, especially in the 160m band.
If we get consistent performance over a long period with no significant change in reception quality, that would fairly conclusively rule out transverse propagation.

3 - There is a small chance we'll get measurable power at shorter distance (2-10 miles).  Recovering >30% power at a receiving station through the earth at those distances using the ground as a transmission cavity would confirm longitudinal displacement.
Dr Adrian Marsh has the best bench results with this so far using a pair of TMT's to send 500 watts a short distance over a 40awg wire at 99%+ efficiency.    https://www.am-innovations.com/high-efficiency-transference-of-electric-power/

At the moment I'm getting a feel for the three-coil arrangements as there are a lot of interesting dynamics that influence each-other between secondary and extra.  Not only are the resonant frequencies dragged up/down in concatenated mode, but each coil will 'push' the other up/down in frequency as well.

For example, you can have an Extra coil that naturally resonates at 2.1mc in-air at 1/4-wave,
but concatenating it in series with a secondary can bring that frequency all the way down to 1.43mc,  or all the way UP to 2.49mc depending on the characteristics of the secondary. :o ;)
It's a weird, complex interaction that will take a few good days to piece together.
« Last Edit: 2022-08-05, 15:56:18 by Hakasays »

@Hakasays

I agree with your points 1.5, 2 and 3, which eliminates the risk of confusion with the classical wireless. For 1 also, if precautions are taken, because even a coil can radiate hertzian waves, and also the mains wires that feed the setup and can get more or less coupled to the "hot" conductors and make antenna. It is of course unlikely that this would create a significant field at great distances.

For tuning, a similar idea is to place inside the large coil another rotatable coil, connected in series. If you turn it from 0 to 180°, it will be in the same direction or opposite to the other, with all the intermediate degrees, its effect will reduce or increase the inductance, which allows a considerable variation of the tuning range. This is used in antenna couplers.

I was also interested in longitudinal waves at one time, but without success, because of the pollution of the effect sought by the classical electromagnetic field (Kühn's experiment, Zimmermann's experiment, or simple capacif coupling experiment at tens of m). I will therefore follow with interest your project, a UK/US link being able to remove any doubt.

After a hundred feet of wasted/cut coax, I'm finally honing in on a good procedure for building+tuning a Tesla Magnifying Transmitter.😙

Short version:   You need to wind your secondary and extra coil to about 1.5x your target frequency.
  Measure each coil separately with a VNA or function generator and scope/meter until you have a match, THEN join them together and measure the series resonant frequencies.
If your frequency is too low, you trim an equal amount from both coils until you are close to your desired target.  Keep going back+forth tuning each coil separately to ensure they stay roughly the same.

With the same wire, when both have roughly equal length, they will also have equal weight, which corresponds to roughly equal capacitance, which causes both halves to interact most strongly in longitudinal mode.

Or at least this is the assessment I am arriving at.  There are a LOT of small factors revolving around capacitance, but they can more-or-less be solved by adjusting the aerial height of the Extra, by lower the extra deeper into the secondary's magnetic field, or by adding layers of polyethylene tape to one of the two coils.

My latest proper coil has both secondary+extra at 2.35mc, resulting in a concatenated series resonance of 1.487mc
(still need to clip both coils a smidges to tune it up to the 160 meters band)🙂

At this rate I should have the first TMT up and running Sunday, though I want to wind a second so I can do short-distance experiments and fine-tuning.🤠😉

Myself and a couple other HAMs performed some rudimentary tests yesterday on 160m to see if transverse waves could be picked up through-the-ground in transverse mode over hundreds-of-miles (no signal was received).
But since I had a pair of Tesla-type coils set up and tuned to the same frequency I thought I'd try transmitting power between them in a couple brief experiments.

Enjoy:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/mFjOoQ3aLzqG/

Also posting Dr Adrian Marsh's setup that mine is being modeled after.

https://www.am-innovations.com/high-efficiency-transference-of-electric-power/

In the final part of the video he is sending 600w across a 40awg wire lighting a large floodlight on one end with 99.5%+ efficiency. :o :o

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Have you achieved actual energy magnification from your extra coils yet?

Have you achieved actual energy magnification from your extra coils yet?

In terms of excess energy, no.

I treat magnification factor as 'applied Q', or you could say transformer action via resonance instead of winding ratios.
So a one-wire extra coil with a Q factor of 300 could be considered a 300:1 magnifying transformer, forming a high current node at one end and a high voltage node at the other end.

I'm personally of the opinion that non-conservative systems all rely mathematically on parametric variation (of inductance/capacitance/impedance).
In terms of impedance, this arrangement is symmetric so I doubt there will be any noticeable production/destruction.

However I do have some future plans to verify the parametric hypothesis.  One test will be intermittently breaking the ground-lead connection of the coil at an even harmonic.  The secondary/extra would become a half-wave coil during part of the cycle and a quarter-wave coil during another portion, thus modulating the impedance. :)

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Are you tuning for the transverse resonance or the longitudinal resonance?

Once the radiant energy effect is present the extra coil should magnify the power applied.  This is my understanding.

Note that this would be with uni-directional impulses that never go to zero, looks like switching over a DC bias.

Are you tuning for the transverse resonance or the longitudinal resonance?

lol, BOTH. ;D
I'm following Adrian's setups for now, which is tuning the transverse mode at the Tx/Rx radio frequency, and matching the parallel modes in magnitude of impedance (so they act as equal plates of a virtual capacitor).

I'm still exploring the waves and possibilities, there are almost certainly some simple configurations with esoteric results that we haven't tried yet. :P

Turning up the power to the longitudinal transmission system and powering more substantial loads through a single wire, bulb, and a 200ma fuse all in series.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5vJpSnIpsgGs/

This was another somewhat cobbled-together test as I'm still working at finishing+tuning the second Tesla Magnifying Transmitter.   A matched set should perform much better  ;)

Once the second TMT is finished and tuned-in, I can start upping the efficiency and do some short-range power tests between ground rods and/or impossibly thin wires. ;D

As I can't really afford $800 for a decked-out Bird meter at the moment, near-future tests will be done by reading calibrated light output from the higher-power bulbs.  An arbitrary bulb or set of bulbs can be calibrated against a kill-a-watt meter to a precision lux meter, and that can then be referenced to get a fair idea on total power consumed in the load.

Any terminal at the end of a line has a capacitance with respect to the electrical ground.
As this capacitance has a low impedance at high frequencies, the "single wire transmission" is in fact a classical transmission with return by capacitive coupling.
If the system is resonant, the effect is even more effective because the impedance of the loop circuit is reduced to the resistance of the conductors.

Any terminal at the end of a line has a capacitance with respect to the electrical ground.
As this capacitance has a low impedance at high frequencies, the "single wire transmission" is in fact a classical transmission with return by capacitive coupling.
If the system is resonant, the effect is even more effective because the impedance of the loop circuit is reduced to the resistance of the conductors.

Capacitive coupling is a good way to describe it. O0   Except IMO the top terminal of the Extra coil acts as a 'virtual ground', and the lower terminal becomes one plate of the capacitor.

Depending on tuning and efficiency, the wire connecting the two coils then begins to behave more as a dielectric than as a conductor, which is why little or no conduction current shows up in it, and why transfer efficiency starts to go through the roof.

For intercontinental communications, the Earth is then treated as a dielectric medium rather than a conducting one.   The high quality ground is still required though as it determines the effective surface area of each 'plate'.

So in these systems, the goal is effectively to maximize dielectric displacement current and to minimize conventional conduction current.

Hakasays
Capacitive coupling is a good way to describe it. Except IMO the top terminal of the Extra coil acts as a 'virtual ground', and the lower terminal becomes one plate of the capacitor.

Depending on tuning and efficiency, the wire connecting the two coils then begins to behave more as a dielectric than as a conductor, which is why little or no conduction current shows up in it, and why transfer efficiency starts to go through the roof.

That's really interesting stuff and I was doing some experiments on both ends of the spectrum relating to radiation and detection.

I was wondering how far a given potential could travel over the Earth and how sensitive the equipment would need to be to detect it. So I built a very sensitive series/cascading charge detector array and had some strange results. For example, a person could easily measure a change in potential on the end of a 100 foot 20ga wire attached to only one terminal of a 12v battery. It worked the same for a concrete floor and we could use one wire of a battery or simply touch the floor with our hand and trigger the circuit over 30 feet away. It could detect people walking in the house, turning on a light, vehicles driving by or a gust of wind outside.

So the notion that everything has some effect on everything else seems to have some merit. I think what your talking about is definitely doable, it's just a matter of building a better emitter and detector system.

Regards
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” George Bernard Shaw

...Depending on tuning and efficiency, the wire connecting the two coils then begins to behave more as a dielectric than as a conductor, which is why little or no conduction current shows up in it...

This is what is claimed everywhere in alternative circles. But I checked it and it is not the case. As already mentioned elsewhere, using a carbon wire much thinner than a hair, and in a quasi-stationary regime as here where the length of the wire remains small compared to the wavelength, the wire ignites with even a small current and everything happens according to conventional electromagnetism.

I built a very sensitive series/cascading charge detector array and had some strange results. For example, a person could easily measure a change in potential on the end of a 100 foot 20ga wire attached to only one terminal of a 12v battery. It worked the same for a concrete floor and we could use one wire of a battery or simply touch the floor with our hand and trigger the circuit over 30 feet away. It could detect people walking in the house, turning on a light, vehicles driving by or a gust of wind outside.

Awesome project. ;D  I did something similar a few years back that worked on similar principles.   Very hard to balance the cascade though..

So the notion that everything has some effect on everything else seems to have some merit. I think what your talking about is definitely doable, it's just a matter of building a better emitter and detector system.

Also consider that at resonance, both coil-capacitors are 180deg in opposition, so when one coil is 'pushing' the other coil is 'pulling'.
Adrian refers to this as 'setting up the cavity'.  Can be hard to get established but once you do then the two coils are effectively entangled.   I hypothesized that they may be entangled extra-luminally, that modulating the fields of one may have an immediate effect on the other.

Without a proper thruline RF Bird meter it will be difficult to take precise measurements.  I can use a lumen meter to measure bulb brightness but I think I'll also try rectifying the Rx primary output to DC and see how it affects activity.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2022-08-16, 14:14:23