PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 11:32:59
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Daniel McFarland Cook Generator  (Read 226344 times)

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
MIB's been at the diagram with a rubber  >:-)

This is where a versatile construction method could be handy, if the coils are made removable then the core could be slipped out and magnets added in place, or new coils tried.

I am trying to knock up some software to do the maths on the coils, turns, wire gauge, length, diameter etc so i can see the inductance and wire length etc.

Whats the correct inductance formula for a iron core solenoid coil, u=200 for iron, so far i have found 3 slightly different formula.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
OK, after stewing over the patent and diagram, here are my conclusions:

1. compound helices are what is shown in the diagram with one coil over the other
2. simple helix is just a single coil, he says two can be used with the poles connected together (he doesn't say crossed polarity)  The simple coils have to very very large.
3. main circuit D is the circuit of the coils, this get's the rheostat, but maintains the perpetual action of the coils (yeah, that's hard to believe...)
4. the starting circuit or action is just an inductive pulse to one of the coils

Buy me some coffee
Brilliant Grumpy  O0
That's exactly what i think.

The rheostat is simple to grasp, the initial spark from the battery starts oscillation, this means we are not picking up any ambient signals, but i suppose it could be interacting with the earth's field.

Once started the battery can be removed, if the device needs to be stopped, he allows a residual amount of current to recirculate in the coils to allow them to keep functioning but on a very low level, this almost means that when you draw a large amount power the device provides it alone and runs hotter.

It sounds as if it truly defeats lenz law when in operation, although it maybe stealing energy from a magnet as well.

It has been known that some early generators used the earth to start stator coils. it maybe possible that hendershot also used the same process but instead used the earths field to start it.

The thing that keeps me going on this bazaar Cook coil is that Tesla used 2 iron rods in his device, i wonder if Tesla had any patents that use very large cores and amounts of fine wire.
It is also possible the effect is increased by winding in Tesla bifilar method.

OK i am pretty sure this is the Inductance formula i want

Buy me some coffee
It might be if it told how it calculated it  :)

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
This is a good read:
http://books.google.com/books?id=ASUYAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA173&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

The implications may apply here. Start at section 5 page 198, but the prior pages also are valued. Lots of good practical inf throughout.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Thanks for that, I hate scrolling Google books online.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Buy me some coffee
Whats this mean
Long Range Order in Ferromagnets

The long range order which creates magnetic domains in ferromagnetic materials arises from a quantum mechanical interaction at the atomic level. This interaction is remarkable in that it locks the magnetic moments of neighboring atoms into a rigid parallel order over a large number of atoms in spite of the thermal agitation which tends to randomize any atomic-level order. Sizes of domains range from a 0.1 mm to a few mm. When an external magnetic field is applied, the domains already aligned in the direction of this field grow at the expense of their neighbors. If all the spins were aligned in a piece of iron, the field would be about 2.1 Tesla. A magnetic field of about 1 T can be produced in annealed iron with an external field of about 0.0002 T, a multiplication of the external field by a factor of 5000! For a given ferromagnetic material the long range order abruptly disappears at a certain temperature which is called the Curie temperature for the material. The Curie temperature of iron is about 1043 K.

PS i have the inductance calculations sorted now  O0

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr

@Deepcut
Gotta go watch a romcom with the girly now
Oh the humanity
We understand ... sacrifices must be made and the romcom is equivalent to a Samurai falling on his sword, the ultimate sacrifice grasshopper.
AC
« Last Edit: 2013-01-12, 02:24:46 by allcanadian »

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Grumpy
2. simple helix is just a single coil, he says two can be used with the poles connected together (he doesn't say crossed polarity)  The simple coils have to very very large.
This sounds just like the Leedskalnin PMH or a variation of it and the action almost identical.... coincidence?.
I would imagine they were doing exactly the same thing, damn copy cats.
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

A negative inductance that can not be disabled at will is not going to produce OU when averaged over integer cycles of the current waveform.

To visualize this consider a triangular waveform of current flowing through such a negative inductance.  If the curent does not increase there is no voltage across the inductor but as the current ramps up this inductor creates or develops a voltage across it's terminals that aids the current, unlike a normal inductor that opposes the current change.

Therefore, the current flows out of the positive terminal which means it is delivering power and energy, not absorbing it as a normal inductor does and putting that energy in the magnetic field.

So far so good, this first rampup of the current waveform is an OU event, but here comes the ramp down part of the cycle.

As the current begins to decreas, but still flows in the same direction, the negative inductance switches it's terminal polarity and now opposes the current, and thus absorbing energy from it.

So, half a cycle is OU, the other is not, and each integer cycle the energy balance is zero.

That's why I said that unless we can disable the negative inductor at will it won't help us. Preferably we want negative inductance for the first half cycle and positive inductance for the second half of the cycle.

I'll leave you with this thought,   A regular inductor absorbs energy then gives it back, but a negative inductor first gives energy than takes it back, the difference between a BANK and a CREDIT CARD

EM

Buy me some coffee
Quiet an interesting read here about early induction coil construction.
Iron wire bundles and ebonite tube insulation

http://www.theodora.com/encyclopedia/i/induction_coil.html

Buy me some coffee
It has occurred to me wire length is everything.

I have come to the conclusion there is no magic frequency of operation, It was once said SM trims his wire length, Don Smith aimed to have wire length of 1/4 operating frequency for feeding back energy, the Cook patent reads as if the primary and Secondary should be the same length even though 1 wire is thick and one is thin.

So if there's no magic frequency of operation then it might be matching wire length that's important.

How do you wind 2 large coils of wire and expect them to be the same length.

A process is needed to test each coil and then determine how much needs trimming, so how would i do this.

Is the process as simple as grounding one end of the coil to be trimmed, then exciting the coil with another coil running at the frequency that's wanted and trimming the end of the coil under test until the scoped waveform is zero, i imagine the signal generator can be adjusted and the scoped voltage monitored to see how far off i am.

You might be right, wire length is critical for any traveling wave type of resonance/antenna performance, so that standing waves can be created, thus resonance accomplished.

Moreover, length could play a different role, as a delay line. In a feedback system, we need gain >1, and in phase feedback, or positive feedback. If either one is off (based on gain and phase margin of course) it won't work.

But that's dynamics. In statics, if the wire were to produce the dc voltage per length, and really strengthen rapidly beyond a certain point, then length would be very critical.

How much length are you shooting for?

I'm shooting for 1000 turns on a 12" long coil.

Here's another idea, make a sliding contact, and you can adjust the length easily.

EM
« Last Edit: 2013-01-20, 00:46:11 by EMdevices »

Buy me some coffee
Hi EM
Cook was clear that 2 foot core and 2 inch diameter is used or bigger in his device, if i get to the point where i can build then i will try this size.

I've not yet worked out my turns or wire length, soon, i think he matches wire length, his primary coil B uses thin wire and goes on the core first for good reason.

He does use 2 rings at each end of the primary & secondary, i suppose these could be adjusted for positional tuning, at first i thought these were complete rings, which would in effect be a shorted turn, but it is possible to see a slit up one side to stop the shorted turn.

If I build a coil with those dimensions I think I'll do very well where I'm at.  I just measured a strong signal @ 60 Hz, and nothing is turned on in the house, but we live close to a high power line, maybe 1/4 mile.  I get 10 volts p-p when I touch the probe.  O0

OMG, Just hooked up my big aerial coil and i get an unbelievably huge signal at 7.1428 Hz!  Is this the Schumann's resonance?  I get almost 2 volts p-p which is unbelievable! O0
« Last Edit: 2013-01-20, 17:16:24 by EMdevices »

[edit: ] I moved my post to the Magnetic Pickup of Schumann Resonance topic.

EM
« Last Edit: 2013-01-20, 17:24:50 by EMdevices »

Buy me some coffee
Very interesting EM
Maybe put a load resistor so we can gauge the power  :)

I rushed to the garage to unpack my electronics but I can't find one box with all my discrete components,  we just moved so most of my stuff is still in boxes.  The other day I just happened to stumble on the box with the scope so that's why I'm experimenting again.   I love that scope!  

I think I'm going to step up the voltage with a transformer and see if I can light a LED with it, once I find my components.  I sure hope the strong signal returns tomorrow in the morning or today in the evening.     

I tell you,  this was a freaking coincidence, just happened to put it all together at the right time to observe it. 

EM

Buy me some coffee
Just to give you an idea of the size of coils i am contemplating.

These measurements are taken in relation to the diagram, assuming the diagram is drawn to size

If i used a 2 Inch Core

iron core diameter = 50mm = 1.96 inches
length core = 1311mm = 51.61 Inches
secondary outer diameter = 252.5mm = 9.94 Inches
secondary circumference = 793.25mm = 31.23 Inches
primary outer diameter = 158mm = 6.22 Inches
primary circumference = 496.37mm = 19.54 Inches
length secondary = 1022mm = 40.23 Inches
length primary =1152.5mm = 45.37 Inches

primary wire 30awg diameter = 0.255mm
secondary wire 16awg diameter = 1.291mm
primary Turns = 4519.6
secondary turns = 791.63
primary wire length = 392841.38mm = 1288.85 feet per layer (1)
secondary wire length = 627960.50mm = 2060.23 feet per layer

If i used a 24 Inch long core

Iron Core diameter =23.5mm = 0.925 Inches
length of core = 610mm = 24 Inches
secondary outer diameter = 117mm = 4.6 Inches
secondary circumference = 367.57mm = 14.47 Inches
primary outer diameter = 73.5mm = 2.89 Inches
primary circumference = 230.91mm = 9.09 Inches
length secondary = 465mm = 18.31 Inches
length primary = 536mm = 21.1 Inches

primary wire 30awg diameter = 0.255mm
secondary wire 16awg diameter = 1.291mm
primary Turns = 2101.96
secondary turns = 360.19
primary wire length = 485363.58mm = 1592.40 Feet per layer (1)
secondary wire length = 132395.04mm = 434.36 Feet per layer

:o
« Last Edit: 2013-01-20, 18:37:34 by Peterae »

Found very interesting new source of information on Daniel McFarland Cook
YOU MUST read it :
http://www.richlandsource.com/community/article_fbac1344-779e-11e3-8a2f-10604b9f7e7e.html

Group: Guest
So we need to look at:
https://www.google.com/patents/US119825

Correct?

Seems like I mused this once before.  Big, long inductors that I wasn't too confident I could actually wind.

What would be nice to know is its principal of operation and why you cannot just connect two normal transformers together and get the same effect.  The only thing I can think of is the interaction of the two open cores somehow magnetically interfere with each other.  This interference must somehow be additive.

did you READ the article which link I posted ?  :( ???

Group: Guest
did you READ the article which link I posted ?  :( ???

Yes.  What specifically?  How his life ended?  How brilliant he was?

Not sure exactly what you are trying to point out.

@Matt Watts

We had a crack at this back in 2007. See here....

http://www.overunity.com/2630/the-brnbrade-coiloverunity/msg37613/#msg37613

Still have my three builds. I was actually thinking about re-looking at them with more experienced eyes but its just time is really hard to stretch any more then it is these days.

wattsup

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 11:32:59