PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 22:57:29
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Daniel McFarland Cook Generator  (Read 227026 times)

Guys, think ! Why would anybody bother with dynamo if he owns a magic coil producing constant current and overunity (without battery) ? We were mislead by the patent, which is nothing more then a slight element of the bigger project !

"In 1871 he patented a device that the U.S. Patent Office document claims to produce a constant electrical current without the aid of a battery.  The patent, number 119,825, is easily found on the internet today because students of electrical energy are still wondering if and how it works.

There is a still more intriguing energy mystery, however, spawned from a newspaper article printed in 1886 by the Cincinnati Commercial Gazette, when the reporter claimed to have witnessed first-hand a demonstration of Daniel Cook’s ‘perpetual electric generator and engine.’

He quoted Cook as saying, “I have found the principle that I have been hunting for so long. I can now start a dynamo to going and it will never stop, except by the wearing away of its own parts. Not only will it run itself by its own current, but also produce power enough, according to the size of the engine, to run any machine in the world.”

“Perpetual motion,” I suggested.

“More than that,” he replied.  “it is perpetual motion with only ten percent of the force used, leaving ninety percent for power to be utilized as desired…to produce light and heat your house.”

“What will be the cost to run it?”

“Nothing.  As I said, start it and it will go; heat, power and light produced by one machine for absolutely nothing.”

“I looked at him to see if he was mad, in earnest, or joking.  He laughed at my astonishment and said, “I am now making a model and when far enough along I will show it to you.”

The Demonstration

Some months later the Cincinnati reporter was invited to Cook’s shop where he had to sign an agreement not to reveal the secrets he was to witness.

The writer noted that Cook worked in a stable with a horse in the next room, and continued, “The machine was rudely constructed for Mr. Cook made it all himself with a few old tools that had done too much service already. Parts of it were made of wood and the whole was put together in a not very artistic manner.”

“I tested the current in several ways and found it very powerful. Having made electricity somewhat of a study, I was surprised at the simplicity of many of the principles. The manner in which he expects to get the results is theoretically correct and there is no mechanical difficulty which he has not already overcome.”

“After examining this machine carefully in all its parts I was conducted to an adjoining room where, on a table, sat a smaller model of more accurate make. It contained a much better arrangement of the parts, and from what he showed me I am compelled to believe all that Mr. Cook had told me.”

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Wow good find forest, so there was a witness to the patented device working WOW
and it's good to hear a smaller version worked because i had always been working on the principle that it had to be huge to work.

Group: Guest
Guys, think ! Why would anybody bother with dynamo if he owns a magic coil producing constant current and overunity (without battery) ?

You mean something like this?

Group: Professor

Have just perused this thread and offer the following comments.

It is clear that the Cook device produced alternating current because he states that “The alternate changes of the iron cores or magnets may be used for producing electro-magnetic motion, or motion to a wheel of any suitable device”.  Presumably he used that possibility to drive his perpetual dynamo.  That would have given him access to the free energy that otherwise simply heated up the coils.  DC was the established mains power at that time so maybe the alternating current couldn’t be used and he needed some means to covert it to DC.

It strikes me that a Fe core that is between 2ft and 6 ft long will have significant magnetic delay which brings me to the subject of delay lines that have reactive characteristic impedance.  These can exhibit negative resistance as I mention in the Magnetic Delay Lines thread under EM Theory.  So maybe the device used this characteristic and once started did truly self-oscillate.  That gives a new perspective to the thing.

Smudge

Hi guys :)
I see that you have already make some first hypotheses about the working principles which lay behind Cook's coils. Especially Forest's finding is something that helps a lot for further investigation as it is more acceptable to my perceptions. And I speak about the case of having a primary which oscillates and supports the whole assembly operation, instead of having a coil system which infinitely oscillates.

A key for me lays behind Cook's statement about magnetic action in the center of the core. This by itself shows that we have an opposite filed operation between each coil pair. And as partnered coils are in the foreseen, then I will make a new attempt to fill this magic icon.

Please see attachment drawing.

What I will try to do is to make a drawing which supports the operation described by Cook with compound coils, so to be more easy to imagine how a two coils system would work.

For shake of simplicity I will assume that the trigger coil is pushing only one side by rectified pulses.
Both pairs are wounded the same direction as told by Cook.

Phase A. The trigger coil is pushing North to our first core. At this first phase, secondary currents will be developed at the ends of primary and secondary coil on the core on your left. Coils 1&2.

Study with right hand rule the direction of the induced currents I1 and I2.
I1 will induce the shown polarity on coil 3, and this coil 3 will induce in turn the sown polarity of coil 4.  

But because I4 is higher than I2 as Cook correctly explains, then at phase B we see a reverse in direction of the initial current I2.

At this phase B, we have two currents on both loops, where they induce internal magnetic fields inside both iron cores, which are in an opposite fashion.
And here comes Cook's description about 'magnetic field action in the center of the core'. Hmm

So now, at the peak of the externally applied pulse, we have a tension inside both rods which is stored in the middle of the rod waiting the start of next cycle to be released. When the externally injected pulse starts to decay, then we have a change in current polarities, and an opposite in action magnetic fields start to develop inside both cores. But what about the already stored energy in the center of the coil from previous cycle? Where this energy go?

This stored magnetic energy will manifest itself at the begin of the next cycle. It will give a push to the new direction of the induced magnetic fields to reach their maximum tension quicker. But wont this reaction produce a higher current inside of both loops during this second cycle?

Cycle by cycle, wont this current addition eventually lead to a some limit? The limit could be a factor of wire thicknesses and others like length, core material, saturation points etc.

So I believe that the whole situation acts like having a spring on the middle of each rod which acts as to constructively build a steady oscillation with enough current for usage.

So according to this and if everything is right until now, then how a two coil system could be built? Will it be two different cores with a coil on its rod, or we are going to use a one rod system with two coils wounded in a bucking mode?? I pick the second...

Thanks
Jeg

Ps. The attached coils are 300m each, of awg15 wire, in separate PVC tubes which can move on the core, the core is a bunch of iron rods 1m in length rusted or painted doesn't matter. Core's diam. 10cm. In case, I placed two aluminum foils underneath. 600m of wire correspond to 499khz. System vibrates at 479khz. I will tune it with cap to a lower sub. Inserting or taking out iron rods, help on tuning also.  

Guys, also Cook speaks about circuit D like there is a reference drawing or something. Do you think that is missing for purpose? Do you think it would be an easy task to search for it in the specific patent office or somewhere? Any idea?

Yes,I believe you may find it if you can reach the original patent, but it would not be easy due to very old age of document. There is a difference between Figuera patents from 1902-1908 (which were still damaged by flood) and this very old one Cook patent. I wish you could find it and scan. Maybe there is another McFarland Cook patent date around 1888 (or application at least if Cook was on time with application before his own death)  ?

This appears to offer the text as subsequently typed out document:

http://my.voyager.net/~jrrandall/CookCoil.htm

Thanks forest! I wish to see it one day!
What is your opinion about this magnetic loading in the center of the core? It is like you keep two opposite magnets in conduct, and suddenly release them. But in a resonant oscillation way.

Thanks paul :)

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
This appears to offer the text as subsequently typed out document:

http://my.voyager.net/~jrrandall/CookCoil.htm

Dear All.

I followed the link that shows the patent drawings. What jumped out was the fact that in the top left corner there was no reference to " No model " !!  This would suggest that he was able to present a tangible, and possibly working device to the Patent office.
Of course it could also mean that the Patent office had not implemented that clause until later years !!

My gut feeling is that there is more to this device than meets the eye.  ;)

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

I'm very interested in this, after some unsuccessful attempts at building with iron plumbing pipe (one fit inside other) from home depot and cat 5 wire in various configurations (series-wound bifilar, bucking, parallel etc.)

What comes to mind after reading Jeg's remarks is something as simple as the Tate power module, where radio waves and ambient electrostatic charge are brought into a system thru an antenna and germanium diodes and into a cap to be discharged to the next stage.

Suppose the outer tube were used as a kind of antenna: at each end, you'd have a germanium diode discharging into perhaps a 47pF or 10nF ceramic cap.  The two caps can be connected to the inner tube windings. Does the cap pulse affect the iron core? Is it possible to capture the flux and feed it back to the outer primary until some kind of resonance or perhaps a standing wave is formed?

Can't say much more now - need to get back to work from lunch.  
Will order some germanium diodes this week to try.
Bob

Buy me some coffee
OK.  I have done the following experiment some months ago.
I wired up a MOT in the Cook way. I pulsed it with a 12 volt battery.
The longest run time I achieved was 4 seconds as follows.

I was able to open the circuit and still light an NE2  (Leedskalnin PMH style)

The only way the ne2 bulb could light was due to spike bemf (terminal secondary)
overcoming the initial 12 volts (initial secondary in Cook speak).

So something was very nearly happening, the oscillation just didn't sustain for long enough.

Maybe Grumage could replicate the experiment.

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

OK.  I have done the following experiment some months ago.
I wired up a MOT in the Cook way. I pulsed it with a 12 volt battery.
The longest run time I achieved was 4 seconds as follows.

I was able to open the circuit and still light an NE2  (Leedskalnin PMH style)

The only way the ne2 bulb could light was due to spike bemf (terminal secondary)
overcoming the initial 12 volts (initial secondary in Cook speak).

So something was very nearly happening, the oscillation just didn't sustain for long enough.

Maybe Grumage could replicate the experiment.

Clever idea A.king! 4sec??? Do you remember the oscillation frequency?

Jeg

Idea is good. I have to re-read your comment later. IS that about oscillating opposite magnets ?  like Richard Williis patent ?

Buy me some coffee
It was a crude experiment to test the principle. I simply used a twelve volt 7 amp hour battery and briefly touched the terminals of the MOT.
You should all replicate the experiment.
It proves the case.
The result speaks volumes.
1 It's the terminal secondary which overcomes. (As cook said it would)
2 a current is definitely circulating inside the trafo. (As Cook said it would)
I think I may just have given birth to something......... ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-02-11, 06:57:28 by Aking.21 »

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear Bob.

Whilst slightly tangential, an interesting idea.

I built a circuit on breadboard and attached a 75 M long aerial to the input, the ground was furnished from our incoming Copper water service. What comes next might be a surprise to some. I monitored the voltage output on a DMM which varied over the day and night. Average voltage was a little greater than 2 V DC but used to peak out at 4 V DC around 11 AM  UK time !!  

Out of interest I even placed a scope on the input, a very messy looking noise would be the best description.

I do know of others who have built this simple device only for it not to work when they switched off their incoming electrical mains supply. My success was probably due to the very long aerial cable that I was using.  :)

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Thanks A.king. Still it is a mystery for me that your oscillation last 4 secs. Did you have a cap in between the mots?

I tuned my Cook's Coils (bucking coils after-all) to 80Hz with a 10uF cap in between them. I charged it with 12V and when i took the battery out, oscillation continued for about 60ms (dump wave). The first peak of the dump wave was about 800V pk-pk. I will try to tune it down to 8-10Hz to see its response. Also i will try to inject over 1kv dc to see if any improvement in duration.

My conclusion for working with low frequencies came from two basic thoughts. First, Cook said that with the magnetic alterations of the coils someone can rotate a rotor! Second, for making a magnetic ping pong someone has to stick with frequencies where iron can follow easily!

I feel very excited working on a 1870 tech!!! :D  
« Last Edit: 2015-02-11, 12:06:21 by Jeg »

Jeg

Idea is good. I have to re-read your comment later. IS that about oscillating opposite magnets ?  like Richard Williis patent ?

Hi Forest
I haven't heard about him, but yes, it is like a magnetic ping pong at the center of the rod. During each cycle opposite fields build up at the center, of different polarity every time.

4sec is a looooong time in non-superconductive LCR world !
It would help to know the inductance and resistance of that winding...

I tuned my Cook's Coils (bucking coils after-all) to 80Hz with a 10uF cap in between them. I charged it with 12V and when i took the battery out, oscillation continued for about 60ms (dump wave).
Damped wave or a decaying oscillation  ;)

Buy me some coffee
I used one MOT with copper coils- Not the newer version where one winding uses  an aluminium  (aluminum for our US friends) coil. I Linked primary to secondary, and loaded it with twelve volts from an alarm battery.
I had an ne2 across the terminals in parallel. I then removed one of the terminals and lo and behold the ne2 flashed.
I tried to increase the run time but was typically getting one or two seconds, with the record being about 4 secs.
I didn't think it would cause so much interest....

I also noticed that the brightness of the NE2 bulb diminished with longer durations, indicating a ring down.
I don't think I used a cap, from memory. I'll have to re-create the experiment and let you know.
Anyhow, it convinced me that  McFarland Cook had a principle that was not hogwash.
If you think about it, Leedskalnin's principle is along the same lines.

Buy me some coffee
Correction:  In the interests of science I have re-created the experiment as follows:
Connect output terminals of MOT to input terminals. (AS Daniel Cook states)
connect ONE terminal on NE2 bulb to one terminal of MOT terminal.
Apply a voltage (12 volts ok) BRIEFLY to both MOT terminals - there will be a flash.
Then apply the second terminal of ne2 to the MOT

IT WILL LIGHT.

Repeat:-
 IT WILL LIGHT UP sometime after disconnect of the battery.
Up to four seconds sometimes but at least 1 to 2 seconds afterwards.

This indicates a current flow of Daniel Cook's "terminal secondary"  ie collapsing bemf spike.
If you guys think that is amazing.
Then I take a bow.
I hear the applause.
 :D
On the other hand it could just be acting as an inductor holding a current for a while.... :-[

@Aking21
This indicates a current flow of Daniel Cook's "terminal secondary"  ie collapsing bemf spike.
If you guys think that is amazing.
Then I take a bow.
I hear the applause.

I can hear the applause as well and verpies last comment was spot on. In fact I can almost hear that "click" in the minds of a select few of the viewers here as another piece of the puzzle drops into place. Your on the right track....run with it.

AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

I'm very interested in this, after some unsuccessful attempts at building with iron plumbing pipe

Iron is very good for magnetic applications but extremely difficult to find at a fair cost (or at all). For cores, maybe Hubbard rather than McFarland Cook, possibly R45 or R60 welding rods should be used (as recommended by the ###### mob).

In fact, with quite a lot of difficulty, it might be possible to fashion a tube out of welding rods. (We need a source of iron).

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
This has been covered early on in this thread. Cook mentions that the finer the iron rods the better the operation.

I would recommend fine iron wire.

Very pure, fine iron wire can be purchased as one of the thermoelement materials. It can be cut to the required length and bundled into the insulating tubes. There are other possibilities  for wire, this is but one.

The fine iron wires should also be insulated with a varnish to prevent eddy current shorts which would sap power.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 22:57:29