PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 04:58:24
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Daniel McFarland Cook Generator  (Read 226329 times)

I would recommend fine iron wire.

Very pure, fine iron wire can be purchased as one of the thermoelement materials.

Yes, but from whom? Most iron wire turns out to be steel wire for gardening or making jewelry.

@Ion
The fine iron wires should also be insulated with a varnish to prevent eddy current shorts which would sap power.

It's funny more people don't understand this concept and I have done many experiments in this area. For instance, if a take a piece of iron  and move a magnet past it then it will always retain some magnetism...residual magnetism. If I then place the core in a coil and strike it with hammer it will induce a voltage in the coil and at the same time the residual magnetism is reduced. The alter ego to this effect is that when I apply a single DC current impulse to a soft iron core/coil I can measure a large spike in the magnetic field with a hall effect sensor and this peak diminishes with each DC impulse. Keep in mind these are singular events however we know the same phenomena occurs when an AC current is applied which we call magnetic hysteresis following the B/H curve. With each reversal in magnetic polarity the reversal must first overcome the coercive force of the residual magnetism in the core.

Which leads us to a new concept which is in fact very old considering what we already know. It is known that a HF AC current diminishing in amplitude will produce a demagnetizing effect which removes residual magnetism. Which is not all that different than when I strike my core with a hammer causing a material oscillation which disturbs the magnetic domains releasing the residual magnetism. In fact we could think of it as a molecular induction generator and if ever the domains should release there stored energy faster than the external field changes then this is a generator action. The induced motor/generator action is determined by whether the field change is slower/faster than the applied field change.

It is peculiar that so many say we cannot get around the B/H curve losses when in fact it seems very easy and intuitive. If I push on the sand at the beach it offers a great resistance to the applied force however if I vibrate/oscillate the sand it becomes fluid and offers very little resistance to change. In a similar fashion a parametric HF AC oscillation within the applied current may remove residual magnetism as the domains become more fluid and offer very little resistance to change. The question is should we be adding energy to remove residual magnetism or should we be utilizing the stored energy inherent in the residual magnetism?. Which raises yet another question, if we designed a system in which only residual magnetism was utilized then our loss in the system would also be our gain in the system...a curious dilemma. Now if all the inherent losses were also gains then really what have we lost?, we cannot keep compounding our problems one onto the other and hope to solve anything in my opinion.

I think this relates to our perspective, many times we see problems with no workable solution however the best way to negate an unworkable problem is to turn it into a workable solution. As if to say the Sun is heating my house so I must buy an air conditioner pulling 3 KW which is a liability or I could plant trees and wet the ground around them and the transpiration/evaporation due to the Sun could cool my house which is an asset. Same problem however in the last case the problem, the Sun, becomes the solution.

AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

@Paul
Yes, but from whom? Most iron wire turns out to be steel wire for gardening or making jewelry.

I use rebar iron tie wire which is very cheap then dip the wire in paint which I'm sure we all have laying around from renovations and such. I simply bend a little hook on one end to hang the wire as it dries then snip off the hook...too easy.

AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Wow ION 1m of 1mm iron wire £41 or 100m £168

Looks like we need to get into the iron wire business  :o

Group: Professor

Wow ION 1m of 1mm iron wire £41 or 100m £168
They are ripping you off.
Here is a higher purity (99.9%) scrap iron wire for much less

Group: Guest
Damped wave or a decaying oscillation  ;)

Hi guys
Yes Verpies :) A decaying oscillation describes it better!

Cook writes that a solid iron core will also work even with not so much tension as when fine iron wire is to be used. I think if we find the way to make this thing oscillate then we can proceed with finer wire. But, as I see it this will never happen without a constant triggering by the use of a trigger circuit. Forest's mentioned article speaks about a dynamo so this is what I will try when I ll get back to my bench in two weeks :( (currently far from experiments due to a trip).

Fine info from your experiments allcanadian! Reminds me much of Ed. Leedskalnin ideas! O0

I'm not sure what these people are selling They speak of scrap and say "type: rails" or something like that. If this is recycled railway line, then it is going to be steel and not iron. There are a lot of dealers out there who don't know the difference. Including wrought iron sellers.

That was just the first hit on a search for Fe wire to demonstrate it is obtainable, certainly not the best source.

A search for Fe wire will yield many hits.

BTW, I don't buy as I have my own stock of 99.9+ high purity thermocouple grade Fe  wire.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

In days of yore, Florist's wire was made from Soft Iron, usually in bunches of 12 " ( 300 mm ) lengths. I have made several calls to eBay suppliers asking what material our modern stuff is, they just say " I don't know !! "

I am suggesting this in case other members might have better luck. I used to use them for making early style Trembler Ignition and Low tension units for early American stationary engines.

The wire itself had a black oxide coat and was of a fairly high resistance. I never found any problems with overheating due to eddy currents.

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

In days of yore, Florist's wire was made from Soft Iron...

Sometimes, florist wire and wire for jewelry/crafts is iron. These people swear that their iron is iron:

http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/COLOURED_ENAMELLED_IRON_WIRE.html

It would be good to run some tests magnetising and demagnetising and see if it sheds the magnetism promptly.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Sometimes, florist wire and wire for jewelry/crafts is iron. These people swear that their iron is iron:

http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/COLOURED_ENAMELLED_IRON_WIRE.html

It would be good to run some tests magnetising and demagnetising and see if it sheds the magnetism promptly.

Dear Paul-R.

That is a cracking site !! So many wire products, from Litz to Thermocouple !!

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Dear Paul-R.

That is a cracking site !! So many wire products, from Litz to Thermocouple !!

Cheers Grum.

I second that, they have Ni wire I have been looking for, thanks O0

regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Hi guys
For cheap and quick solution someone can use soft iron wire of this type.

https://www.google.gr/search?q=soft+wire+25kg&biw=1093&bih=602&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QBjlVPHWIYuAygTviYKYAw&ved=0CDgQsAQ

Builders use it to tie iron rods for concrete. If you let it for a few days out in the air and in the rain, it will become very rusty which works as an insulation. You can find packages of 2.5kg and 25kg to experiment with.   ;)

Correction:  In the interests of science I have re-created the experiment as follows:
Connect output terminals of MOT to input terminals. (AS Daniel Cook states)
connect ONE terminal on NE2 bulb to one terminal of MOT terminal.
Apply a voltage (12 volts ok) BRIEFLY to both MOT terminals - there will be a flash.
Then apply the second terminal of ne2 to the MOT

IT WILL LIGHT.

Repeat:-
 IT WILL LIGHT UP sometime after disconnect of the battery.
Up to four seconds sometimes but at least 1 to 2 seconds afterwards.

This indicates a current flow of Daniel Cook's "terminal secondary"  ie collapsing bemf spike.
If you guys think that is amazing.
Then I take a bow.
I hear the applause.
 :D
On the other hand it could just be acting as an inductor holding a current for a while.... :-[

Hi A.king21!
Cook said that coils on the same core has to be wounded on the same direction. Did you check about that? Does anybody know if both mot's coils are wounded at same direction?

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm happy to see the Daniel cook patent getting a lot of attention here. I was the one who originally found this patent in the US databases in 1996, and recently have gone back to the subject with new search tools. I've now gathered some more material about him and his several patents, and will start posting them here as I can convert them into image files. Nothing earthshaking, but intriguing nonetheless.
Here is a bit to get started.

orthofield

Hi All,

I'm happy to see the Daniel cook patent getting a lot of attention here. I was the one who originally found this patent in the US databases in 1996, and recently have gone back to the subject with new search tools. I've now gathered some more material about him and his several patents, and will start posting them here as I can convert them into image files. Nothing earthshaking, but intriguing nonetheless.
Here is a bit to get started.

orthofield

Thank you for any info on Cook that you can supply. I am pleased to know that you originally found the patent. If you were to ask what interests me  about the device, I would say the patent reads "true", as if the inventor is talking from his own experience. The simplicity of the device is also interesting.

Opinions:

This is one of a handful of devices that I would say are worthy of detailed study and replication as power sources, barring some fraud being discovered. Other older devices being the Hubbard coil, the work of Moray and Hendershot, Earl Amman (not much known). A few others escape me.

More recently, LENR, the TPU of S. Mark, the work of Arie DeGeus, and the offerings of OUR user Smudge. Apologies for those I have not included at this time, mainly just considering prime power sources.

Regards, ION
« Last Edit: 2015-02-19, 14:31:47 by ION »

Add to this list Figuera generators. Rather on first position due to simplicity (though require skill in mechanic engineering I don't have)
I wish someone could replicate Figuera first generator with rotating coils.

@orthofield

I like this video concerning Cook -- https://vimeo.com/31399217
It puts things into perspective and 1859 was a very different time concerning all the luxuries we enjoy today. One has to wonder considering the date, 1859, who saw the article or the device and who did he talk to?.

AC

Hi Allcanadian,

Yes, I saw this video, it is very good, although it left out some things. Daniel Cook's coil was discussed in vague terms in the New York Times, and also in a book called The Common Liar, published in 1883. Keely's motor had made the news two years ago, and Cook's "motor" is compared to his. As you saw from the video, Cook was a well known inventor who revolutionized the extraction of sorghum and for a while, he had some money. He is mentioned in many books and periodicals of the time for his sugar inventions. But it turns out that his patents did not cover all the bases, and despite many efforts, including a hearing in Congress, he could not get relief and the rights were taken away from him. It was considered a travesty of justice and was discussed as such in Congress, but the judge had spoken. From that time on he was destitute, and in that time the "Induction Coil" patent was issued.
In terms of his more unusual inventions, he announced on several occasions that he intended to build an airship called "Queen Of The Air"-- the result being the bullet like device shown in the video. He also had two battery patents, which I'm not sure are already known at this time, but I'll be posting anyway pretty soon.
The only eye witness account of his motor is an article called "Another Perpetual Motion Fiend" published in the Electrical Review, Vol. 8, Aug. 21, 1886. The article is pretty long and takes a while to process using my primitive image processing setup. Attached is a sample. 

orthofield

Hi ION,

Yes, in the 1990s and 2000s I did huge patent sweeps, basically going through an entire patent class starting at the beginning. I found Cook by reviewing all coil and transformer patents starting with the beginning of the US patent system. His is not the only unusual patent in that time period, and there are a number of electric motors which look like they could be OU to me. My eyes are not as good now and it literally hurts to look at 200 patents a day. Interestingly, Daniel Cook's coil is the first of its patent subclass-- they had to create a new subclass for him. It is not correct that 'free energy' devices were not patented in the 19th century or even earlier.
I agree in general with your analysis of which older devices are useful to look at. Smudge certainly deserves mention among modern inventors. I have only one small article on Amman, so not sure about him. I would add Hans Coler. Smudge and I did a big study of Coler a couple of years ago and found much new information:

http://chavascience.com/papers/the-coler-devices

I found the Norrby (or Unruh) patent quite easily-- it is the very first overunity patent in the GB section of the EU patent database. But it took many years and Smudge's parallel historical research to figure out the significance of it. I do think that this sort of work shows that historical research does have its place in the OU field.
As an aside, there are a huge number of overunity patents on the EU server that have never been discussed to my knowledge. Go to the espacenet advanced search page, and type in H02N11/00, the "solid state overunity" patent class, on the IPC classification line. You will turn up 13,9067 patents, at least 6,000 of which claim overunity. And that is not the only overunity classification in that system!

orthofield

If you let it for a few days out in the air and in the rain, it will become very rusty which works as an insulation.
In that case, it cannot be iron. Iron doesn't rust.

In that case, it cannot be iron. Iron doesn't rust.

What reference have you used to arrive at this claim?

Orthofield:
I would be interested in reading the rest of the article "in his lab". Is it available?

Also, I would have mentioned Coler, but his name slipped my mind.

Hi ION,

I have a lot of irons in the fire in OUR right now-- not to mention other aspects of life :-)-- so it might be a week before I can finish processing it.
Hmm, it might actually be easier just to retype it...

orthofield

Hi ION,

I have a lot of irons in the fire in OUR right now-- not to mention other aspects of life :-)-- so it might be a week before I can finish processing it.
Hmm, it might actually be easier just to retype it...

orthofield

No hurry, take your time

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 04:58:24