PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 04:45:50
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Author Topic: Akula0083 30 watt self running generator.  (Read 927496 times)
Group: Guest
@Happy

The schematic shows two pots R11 and R15. But those are punny things for the frequency side.

He has not won me over because I still am very conscious that he could have hidden button batteries in a few of those pots, but man oh man, there has to be a limit to the level of paranoia we can handle. Seems like we will never be 100% assured of anything until it is accomplished and repeated as a self-runner. All in good time my friend, just hang in there.

When this project was started, there was no guarantees, no set time table and no special expectations but our ability to sort out what and how we can to make it work. All we can do is our honest to goodness best efforts and have some level of trust that Akula is not taking us down the Yellow Brick Road only to find out the Wizard is a feeble old man. hahaha

wattsup

@ Wottsup,

I'm referring to his the latest 3V flashlight video as translated by Wesley: -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpx1SJdXnmo&feature=youtu.be

...but yes, the button cells could also apply to the previous 3-part video with the SMPS. Lots of pots to hide the batteries in maybe.

His skins too smooth to be a wrinkly.  ;D

Hoppy

...but yes, the button cells could also apply to the previous 3-part video with the SMPS. Lots of pots to hide the batteries in maybe.
First PSU, then capacitors, now pots? Forgive me, but I smell trolling... ;)

P.S> Wesley was not supposed to put latest private video on internet without asking akula first by the way.
But as it is there already, it was all about showing off where Roman is with power output improvement, and with circuit diagram with what he got effect first sent to me by him in private separately.

Group: Professor

Whats your take on using a SMPS to do the same thing, ie: variable pulsing the output of the SMPS to mimic the action of just momentarily touching a battery to the Vc & Neg. on the circuit board?  Kind of like Akula using a 9volt battery to  jump start his latest circuit. The circuit under question could be pulsed and then tuned between the pulses for best results.
I was thinking about using pins 8 & 9 to do something like that.

One thing is missing in all these circuits - the Automatic Frequency Control for automatic tuning into resonant frequency.
If you guys will be able design simple and economic feedback based resonant frequency auto tuning circuit, you can replace frequency control with that circuit and have instant resonance in any core/coils configuration.
Are you writing about an LC resonance or acoustic resonance?
Hasn't Akula already used the CD4046 PLL to do automatic frequency locking like that in his C-core perpetual flashlight video?

First PSU, then capacitors, now pots? Forgive me, but I smell trolling... ;)

P.S> Wesley was not supposed to put latest private video on internet without asking akula first by the way.
But as it is there already, it was all about showing off where Roman is with power output improvement, and with circuit diagram with what he got effect first sent to me by him in private separately.

@T1000,

I'm afraid I smell something different  ;)

What power output improvement? I thought the two original 30W circuits were supposed to be the most powerful self-runners shown so far.

Hoppy

What power output improvement? I thought the two original 30W circuits were supposed to be the most powerful self-runners shown so far.

Nah, the most powerful replication with same effect was >100W - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du8_moSa7KY  This one was auto-adjusted by microcontroller.
And akula's more powerful designs are binded with offshore company(STEHO energy AG) and contract so he got handicapped and won't share at this time for sure. So LED flashligt has no value to him and to who he is working with and he can go until perfection of it.

P.S> Sorry, sometimes I cannot just share circuits without authors permissions and those two cases are inconvenient while knowing how they operate and trying to explain principles to people. It all leads back to Lithuanian Yoke experiment...

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

Over the last 24 hrs there has been a bombardment of info come in from all areas !! From what I can make of it we don't stand a "Cat in Hell's chance" of making this device work without the "Magic" bit !! Barium Ferrite cores !! But please feel free to disagree !!  :)

Remember Floyd Sweet's VTA used Barium Ferrite magnets !!

With that said, who's up for a bit of Alchemy ??  I remember well the School experiment where Sulphur and Iron filings were placed in a test tube and heated creating the compound  Iron sulphide.  The question is can we combine Barium Sulphate which is readily available and create a compound with Iron??  I may well be barking up the wrong tree but it's an idea !! I have the furnace and Crucibles still so could easily cast some cores !!

As I posted earlier in the thread, I have to hand a Barium Ferrite rod. Today I placed a coil around it and had my GM counter looking at it. Very occasionally it would crackle (at certain frequency). How much energy is required to trigger a better response ??

Lots of questions !!

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Dear All.

Well, another fruitless day !! I have rewound a transformer with 6 turns primary and 18 turns secondary. I have physically gapped the two halves with relation to Dr Andrey Melnichenko's suggestions. Creating two separate halves. Primary on one "triblet" secondary on the other.

At the moment we have a PWM with a fixed duty cycle. As far as I can see the "Duty" pot fitted to the boards we have is primarily a "high voltage cut off" ??  Correct??  So a simple question. can we reduce the pulse width ?? ATM I am pushing over 2 A @ 12V this can't be right ?? Ok, yes, that is only 24 Watts. But I think the LED's could be lit by a fraction of that by having a narrower pulse width !!

I am getting to the point of finding a suitable wall to bang my head against !!  :D

Cheers Grum.

Hi Grum,

well as i had the same problem (14V @ 10A) i decided to cheat a little and using an (all positive) 5V square wave from a FG on pin 3 to switch the output of the TL494.
This way i can use the duty cycle and/or frequency of this square wave to reduce the on time of the gate signal to where the average current input is acceptable.

Perhaps its an option for you to to be able to make some longer measurements.

Video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoUmdTF6mtQ&feature=youtu.be

Regards Itsu

I decided to cheat a little and using an (all positive) 5V square wave from a FG on pin 3 to switch the output of the TL494.
If you don't apply the signal from the FG to pin3 through a small diode (cathode to pin 3), then you risk damaging the TL494 permanently.  
Without a diode, the original feedback loop will be disabled, too.

Feeding pin 3 with more than +3.5V is not advisable, either.  Feeding it with more than +5V or less than -0.5V is damaging.

For those that do not have a signal generator and still want to cheat:
Applying 0V to 3.5V DC to pin 3 through a small diode (cathode to pin 3) will decrease the duty cycle of every output pulse that the TL494 generates.

The 0V to 3.7V DC can come from a 470Ω pot in a voltage divider like this:

« Last Edit: 2014-04-24, 00:18:14 by verpies »

Dear All.

Over the last 24 hrs there has been a bombardment of info come in from all areas !! From what I can make of it we don't stand a "Cat in Hell's chance" of making this device work without the "Magic" bit !! Barium Ferrite cores !! But please feel free to disagree !!  :)

Remember Floyd Sweet's VTA used Barium Ferrite magnets !!

With that said, who's up for a bit of Alchemy ??  I remember well the School experiment where Sulphur and Iron filings were placed in a test tube and heated creating the compound  Iron sulphide.  The question is can we combine Barium Sulphate which is readily available and create a compound with Iron??  I may well be barking up the wrong tree but it's an idea !! I have the furnace and Crucibles still so could easily cast some cores !!

As I posted earlier in the thread, I have to hand a Barium Ferrite rod. Today I placed a coil around it and had my GM counter looking at it. Very occasionally it would crackle (at certain frequency). How much energy is required to trigger a better response ??

Lots of questions !!

Cheers Grum.

Interesting thought and something that JB made a strong point about, as being the secret to the Kromrey Converter and other overunity devices, so who knows. Barium ferrites were widely used back in the 1960's / 70's but is not used in today' ferrite products. The Chinese claim that they can supply barium ferrite products but I have yet to hear of anyone that has actually proved beyond doubt that the Chinese products are in fact as claimed.

Hoppy

Latest OU video from TK - enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frp03muquAo

Hoppy

Did you notice this in his vid
The only way to get neg bemf is to pulse a coil pos.
anyway
later
dave

One more then I'll shut up
Why would he even use the term negative bemf if he did not understand that a pos bemf and neg bemf can be extracted from a coil
Iv heard it said that even he doesnt know how his circuits work, I tell you now he knows exactly how they work
He's using charge separation,

Hi guys,

Shortly after I posted in the “Akula0083” thread at overunity.com, a member of this Forum (who knows my work from the past) made a request if I would be willing to assist in “steering you all in the right direction”, as he put it.

I decided to 'take a break' from my current project and made a detailed analysis of the published circuit which all of you are trying to replicate.

In addition, I have re-drawn the diagram with my corrections added.

I released those files about 2 weeks ago but so far only a few members had access to them.

I have now decided to publish them here, hoping that perhaps some of you may benefit.

Since my analysis (report) is 7 pages long, it is written in a document format.
My circuit diagram is drawn in 'Protel' format but I have converted it to PDF for you to 'read'.

Both files are attached.

Further, I now have additional (important!) info about the transformer and the winding method.

In addition, may I also suggest you check out the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8c82ABs02M 

http://www.ferromagnetic-energy.ru/core_of_the_physical_effect/sequence/

http://www.ferromagnetic-energy.ru/

http://www.ferromagnetic-energy.ru/core_of_the_physical_effect/

I have also attached files related to the links above.

Cheers,
Les Banki

I DISAGREE with the entire statement!
And I claim that my statements are correct and you are wrong.
I will present referential, logical and experimental evidence to demonstrate that you are in error.

You've made a mistake with me by confusing my analysis of the circuit (as drawn) with your expectations of how it is supposed to function.

Quote from: verpies link=http://www.overunity.com/14378/akula0083-30-watt-self-running-generator/msg394475/#msg394475 date=1395850126
On this schematic, the voltage signal taken from R5 must become negative to activate the 2nd error amplifier of the TL494 (pins 15 & 16) via R7.
If R5 is non-inductive then this would mean that the current through these load LEDs needs to flow in reverse for this to occur.
First of all, I cannot see how the voltage across R5 can go negative!
For the purpose of evaluating the correctness of my statement, the origin of the negative signal is irrelevant.  That signal on pin 15 must become negative to activate this TL494's comparator as shown on that schematic, period.  The correctness of this schematic was not the subject of my statements.  I analyzed that schematic as stated, and I am defending this analysis now.
There is even experimental evidence to prove my statement as correct.  
Itsu please help me out here and show this guy that experiment you've made about negative signal on pin 15.

I could answer how that signal can become negative but that is a different issue.  It's not an issue of my statement's correctness but it is possible.

Sure, it is possible to get some switching transients (spikes) with negative going portions
Not only that. The origin of these negative pulses is beyond the scope of proof dealing with the correctness of my statements.

...but those will be 'clipped' by the internal circuitry of the IC.
You are wrong again.  The error amplifier/comparator input can legally accept input signals up to -0.3V below ground.
The TL494 datasheet clearly on the 1st page that:
"The error amplifiers exhibit a common-mode voltage range from –0.3V to VCC–2V"

Quote from: verpies link=http://www.overunity.com/14378/akula0083-30-watt-self-running-generator/msg394475/#msg394475 date=1395850126
The 1st error amplifier of the TL494 (pins 1 & 2) is configured to react to quickly falling edges at R5 (via R7).  The R11 pot determines how steep these falling edges need to be in order to trigger this 1st error amplifier.
I DISAGREE with the entire statement!
You are wrong again.  
This video presents clear experimental evidence that the 1st error amplifier reacts to steep falling edges at R5 on that schematic.

BTW:  When an error amplifier has any feedback (even AC feedback) between its output and inverting-input, then you cannot call it a "comparator" anymore.

I have successfully defended all of my statements.

My full analysis of the behavior of these error amplifiers is in this thread - not on overunity.com.  
For example, in the 3 points listed in Reply #844 and in many others.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-24, 13:36:06 by verpies »

Did you notice this in his vid
Yes, but that's the wrong thread for it.
This video is being discussed in another thread.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Itsu please help me out here and show this guy that experiment you've made about negative signal on pin 15.

Right, well i never made any video's when putting a negative voltage to pin 15, so nothing to show.
It starts somewhere here in this thread some weeks ago:

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2358.msg37153#msg37153

I put a variable negative voltage to pin 15 (between 0 and -5V) compared to ground, and the reaction was that around
-0.8V the output signal on pin 11 went instantaneously from a duty cycle of 44% to 0%.

Regards Itsu

@all

Was going to post this last night but fell asleep on my chair (shit) so I am posting this morning before I read @Les Bankis' post and stuff and while I nurse a back ache. hahahahahahahahah

Something we missed in the coils. Looking at Akulas Cap Massacre Video (ACMV) when he takes the coil apart but I did not notice this before but that ccore has three coils. I thought I was hallucinating because how late it was, but no.
One the square sided gap you have a primary of 11 1/2 turns going across the gap to the other end.
On top of that you have a second layer pick-up coil wound in the same direction as the 1st layer primary.
On the round sided gap you have a secondary of about 20 turns.
So you have 5 wires leaving the ccore. Hmmmmmmm. 5 wires just like in the Akula30 core photo.

So then looking again at the Akula 30 photo of the coil again, looking at the bottom left terminal there is what seems to be two wires going there. I had looked at that many times, saw there was something but could not officially put my finger on it until he put out the last ACMV video.
That would make the winds as follows.

Primary starts bottom left down and 5 1/2 turns of a thicker wire stop at gap.
On top of this start again bottom left down and 5 1/2 turns of thicker wire also what seems to be a totally different shade of beige.

Secondary of thinner wire stars bottom right down for X turns till stop at gap then continue with secondary layer from gap back to the right side.

This gives 5 wires coming out of the coil. The copper strip is not soldered, it's just there as a shield so his diagram is again not conveying the right information. Man oh man. The pains we go through.

Looks like everyone is in argue mode. Let's just all calm down and move forward.

The only way we will really know is not only with the AK30 diagram but matching those to the actual circuit which is kind of hard since only one photo is available and nothing else, no video of the AK30.

wattsup

On top of this start again bottom left down and 5 1/2 turns of thicker wire also what seems to be a totally different shade of beige.

Secondary of thinner wire stars bottom right down for X turns till stop at gap then continue with secondary layer from gap back to the right side.

Bingo!

That would make much more sense.  These Shark devices look to be based on the Melnichenko device.

Something else to keep in mind.  The wire diameter may not be critical, but the insulation thickness could be--interlayer capacitance.  If the magnetic fields move at some fixed rate, the distance from the source at which these fields cut through the conductors would create a time delay--so if the windings are packed too tight, the electronics may not be able to run at high enough frequencies to provoke the desired effect.

I have a bunch of cores that were salvaged from other devices.
Is there an easy way to determine the resonant freq of a core if I have no information about the material of the core?
I have an inductance meter if that can be of use.

Thanks for any help
DonL

Buy me a cigar
I have a bunch of cores that were salvaged from other devices.
Is there an easy way to determine the resonant freq of a core if I have no information about the material of the core?
I have an inductance meter if that can be of use.

Thanks for any help
DonL

Dear Don.

There is a simple way of ascertaining the AL value of your cores. Just wind ten turns of wire around the core, measure the Inductance in Henries, milli or micro. And use this calculator to tell you it's AL.

http://powermagnetics.co.uk/calculator

You can also find, with the use of a permanent magnet, whether you have a Ferrite of low magnetic Remanence. (It will hold no lingering field when applied to a Compass after the magnets removal)   Or the contrary, does hold some magnetism after the removal of the permanent magnet !!

Hope this helps ??

Cheers Grum.

Buy me a cigar
Dear Wattsup.

Would you be kind enough to draw your findings schematically ?? I myself find it much easier to understand than a written description !!  :)

Cheers Grum.

Would you be kind enough to draw your findings schematically ?? I myself find it much easier to understand than a written description !!  :)

Grum, I'm not entirely certain this is what he is alluding to or if this is just a minor improvement using multiple windings.  It's interesting to ponder regardless.

I was thinking because the three primary windings in the second drawing are all in series and the dot notation for two of them are the same, one could deduce those two to be a single coil.  This would give the mechanical appearance of just two primary windings--one twice the size of the other.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-24, 17:20:19 by Matt Watts »

Then of course we have a slightly larger variation.  Overall, the schema looks similar.

Then of course we have a slightly larger variation.  Overall, the schema looks similar.
This one has only one diode (not counting (LEDs) no transformer (just two separate inductors) and 2 switching power transistors.
I'd say, it's very different.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 04:45:50