PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 08:24:52
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Flux Gate Interrupter, BEMF Redirector  (Read 322697 times)
Group: Ambassador

Jim
welcome to the forum
Have always enjoyed your Zeal as well as you contributions .

Respectfully
Chet
ps
You have a message [top of page]

Group: Tinkerer

BTW here is the test video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rFqCtqM9d8

Jim
welcome to the forum
Have always enjoyed your Zeal as well as you contributions .

Respectfully
Chet
ps
You have a message [top of page]
Thanks mate, found them and replied.. I think.

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Welcome to the forum Jim O0

I think you have got it wrong, the iron segments are independant of one another. I thought as you to start with ;)

If I can get the video together today then you will see, no self runner as it was not expected due to the generator power from the onset.

This was just to prove to me if there was something in this, the build has cost me nothing, only time, it is all I had in the junk box ;D

regards

Mike 8)

PS I don't think this will generate more power, infact it will generate a little less, what it does do is to remove most of the drag from the BEMF as power is taken off.

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Welcome to the forum Jim O0

I think you have got it wrong, the iron segments are independant of one another. I thought as you to start with ;)

If I can get the video together today then you will see, no self runner as it was not expected due to the generator power from the onset.

This was just to prove to me if there was something in this, the build has cost me nothing, only time, it is all I had in the junk box ;D

regards

Mike 8)

PS I don't think this will generate more power, infact it will generate a little less, what it does do is to remove most of the drag from the BEMF as power is taken off.

Buoyed to hear I missed something crucial. Don't understand the science behind it though. Looking forward to seeing your rig

Buy me a beer
Hi All up loading the video now, it will take a while as I have a very slow connection "1Mb".

The video quality is low as I have used a web cam.

Where I said a copper tube it should have been a plastic tube, sorry about that.

Below is a scope shot of the output.

Current draw was 250ma and 7.1v

Output was 1.49v AC @ 11.5ma

Remember that this is not to show more out than in, but to see if there was drag when shorted, and that it could generate power at all.

I think that if the generator was sized right and the drive motor was just the size to turn the generator at the right speed, then having no drag it could be looped.

The voltage and current on this trial could be increased with reducing the spacing I had, which was quite large and a little irregular.

The other interesting thing is the high cogging when you turn slowly, it is really very strong, but once running at a little speed it seems to reduce to very little.

Will post the link when loaded

regards

Mike 8)

« Last Edit: 2014-11-17, 18:07:01 by Centraflow »

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Look at the output wave form, now is that telling us something about why the BEMF is reduced???

I'm not really a motor man, so those that are please look O0

regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Wow 2hrs to upload this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0WkZhCHyI8&feature=youtu.be

regards

Mike 8)

Dear Mike.

If I wore a hat, hate them !! I would take it off for you !!

Elegantly simple and yet a wonderful proof of concept. I daren't post a picture of my sorry attempt !! I tried to create a disc with lamina soldered around the edges unfortunately the 20x20x30 mm Neo magnet just wrecked it within seconds !! Cogging was immense but as you say it kind of eases as the speed increases.

Your simple design might just benefit from some slightly thicker lamina I will endeavour to copy it and see what happens, just love it !!  ;)

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Buy me a beer
Thanks Grum

You are right about a thicker laminate, I have just put one extra layer and the voltage has gone up to 2.3v from 1.47v.

I still have a big space left. If it was down to 1mm either side of the laminate iron then I would say the voltage would be around 8-9v.

The output wave has gone to nearly a perfect sine and frequency is 159hz

regards

mike 8)

Buy me a beer
Just noticed now that with the extra laminate the input current has gone down by 25ma

regards

Mike 8)

Thanks Grum

You are right about a thicker laminate, I have just put one extra layer and the voltage has gone up to 2.3v from 1.47v.

I still have a big space left. If it was down to 1mm either side of the laminate iron then I would say the voltage would be around 8-9v.

The output wave has gone to nearly a perfect sine and frequency is 159hz

regards

mike 8)

Hi,

I just seen your video and would like to add some information. There is effect called "Wesley Gary Magnetic Effect" which basically manifests on soft iron between same pole magnets being pushed towards each other. There is critical distance where magnetic flipping occurs and it is going from deflection to attraction mode. This is critical point for magnetic field switching generator and way around Lenz law.. http://www.keelynet.com/energy/gary.htm

In quick conversation with Grumage I made a rough drawing which might help.

P.S> Without soft iron on rotor in middle the magnetic field on coil should be very weak and with soft iron it should be very strong...

Cheers!

Sorry!
« Last Edit: 2015-02-12, 23:06:58 by wattsup »

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear Wattsup.

I think the design has more to do with this gentleman's motor !!   ;)

http://www.rexresearch.com/gary/gary1.htm

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

@T1000

There is more to it then that.

@Centralflow

Since the magnets are not moving, only your laminate is moving, all you are doing is producing a slight fluctuation of the same polarities against the same coil winds, SO NO CHANGE possible in the coil cores. That is not a good idea when the name of the game is change. Hitting a coil with the same polarity will only align the coil copper atoms once, and hence your very low output on your 4 coils.

With proper arrangement they have good  induction as magnets moving through coils. The main problem in all conventional generators is, the magnet has to get to the coil and away from the coil and this is source of the problem.
All we need there is by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday%27s_law_of_induction and that can be magnetized and demagnetized iron between coil and magnet. Also the generator coils become electromagnets under load so you have treat it as same pole magnet when magnetic field is increasing and opposite when it is weakening. So at this point we have all basic parts and with the proper arrangement of spacing between moving iron (which is only temporary magnet for a coil) and coils/magnet you can get away from cogging when generator coil is shorted...

P.S> We are on chat at the moment ;) And I suggest to see http://youtu.be/vtsHmE7_HDQ?t=55s
« Last Edit: 2014-11-17, 21:16:13 by T-1000 »

This solid state version may work. When the toroid is saturated, then no
magnet field will be transferred to the L2 core. Just an idea...............
« Last Edit: 2014-11-17, 23:59:45 by Groundloop »

This solid state version may work. When the toroid is saturated, then no
magnet field will be transferred to the L2 core. Just an idea...............

Electromagnetic switching? In that case it should be away from magnetic circuit loop path!
The 90 degrees on junction between coil and magnet...

P.S> It is a bit deviation from original posts...
« Last Edit: 2014-11-17, 22:40:58 by T-1000 »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for that. What a great little design. I'm assuming those coils are wrapped around the same core that came with the fan?

Sorry!
« Last Edit: 2015-02-12, 23:05:25 by wattsup »

Buy me a beer
Hi Mike,
Thanks for that. What a great little design. I'm assuming those coils are wrapped around the same core that came with the fan?

Hi Jim

They are the same, just reconnected in opposite pairs and then externally connected in series. If I could have had the soft iron laminates reducing the gap to 1mm then it would have generated a lot lot more, I am slowly adding more and the voltage is going up in leaps and bounds. Tomorrow I will see if I can cut some others, the speed is not fast, judging by the frequency 160hz I would say 640rpm. naturally by increasing input voltage the output voltage goes up, but that is not what I want, only the max at low input.

@ wattsup

This is an attempt at what this thread was started for, it's a copy of the principle in the Indonesian video of a self runner, the rotor only being the soft iron. Still a ways to go but I think it has merit and is what I wanted to do before spending time on a bigger generator.

@ Tinman

One of your smart drive motors would be a very good tender for this and not hard to make O0

regards

Mike 8)

Been too busy to do much building lately but wanted to share something I tore apart a while back as it looks like it might have some potential for use in experimenting with this idea.... Maybe.   It's out of an old record player and says Fujiya Audio on the motor.  I'm still looking for the other half.   I think the outside is aluminum as it's not magnetic.   It currently has only 3 magnets in it but looks like it would be easy to epoxy or even bolt some more in there by just drilling through the outside case if you have some magnets with center holes.    Nice work Mike on the fan mod.  So far I don't see any reason to think the original guy doing this with that big motor is trying to fool anybody.    Best of luck on this path...

Hello All

This is a re-post from O.U.com:

The original Youtube video, which initially was 37:47 min, has been edited and now is only 25 minutes. A copy of the original video is in FreeEnergyLT Youtube Channel

We hope the next video will be better to prove or disprove this technology

Regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKUFoWAuj0&list=UUaKHAdY13gp-un2hn_HJehg

It shows the generator at one point elevated on a makeshift Clutch housing/re-bar platform.  Sure looks convincing........

take care, peace
lost_bro

Group: Guest
Need some brains here with this one.  I just stumbled across it tonight.  If there is anything to it, this could potentially kick the door wide open.

Get out google translate and try a few experiments.

The existence of longitudinal force is contrary to the laws of electrodynamics. This force is the result of the scalar magnetic field present at the site of cut magnets. Such a composite magnet called SIBERIAN COLIA.

Just uploading my vid now. I went and bought an ac cooling fan thanks to Mike. My cogging is so strong I did not have a motor that would run it . I used a drill instead. I just wanted to share what I did and thank Mike. I got it up to just over 5 v but ineed more coils and mags. It's only two pole ATM.

Ok here is the vid http://youtu.be/o4_gEo2_hrg

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 08:24:52