PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 05:35:06
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33
Author Topic: What is Known about the TPU  (Read 440285 times)
Group: Guest
I have attached Otto's paper on the TPU.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-27, 09:39:19 by 4Tesla »

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Here's a picture of the Krystol System II speakers from Spheric Audio Laboratories,  Steven Mark's  company.    Pretty nice looking.    What about those rings?  Could it be them?  (picture from New York  Magazine September 12, 1994)

EM

The rings are irrelevant, and a waste of time and bandwidth.  SM could have used anything and those rings do not appear in other TPU's.   

I mentioned the Richard Clark dielectric homopolar generator and an article that claimed this device exhibits no back-torque.  Did anyone bother the read this?  What is the significance of a generator exhibiting no back-torque?

In the TPU's, rather than rotate a material dielectric, the polarized condition is rotated, emulating a rotating dielectric.  The rest is just clever use of the Wilson Effect.  The so-called "cold current", is just the polarization current caused by the pulsed coils interacting with the collector - quite a pain in the ass too.  I've had this feed back to power supplies that were not grounded and then ground through my body - not a nice feeling.

There are people out there that can support what I am stating. 

tExB=qr
Attached is a document that discusses several forms of rotating disc devices such as typical Faraday homopolar generators and the Wilson Effect.  The analysis of the Wilson Effect indicates that rotation results in an apparent increase in magnetic permeability.  Sounds like an emulation of a magnet rotating.

(Section V, page 266)

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Hi All

I'll be posting more on the TPU in the next few days as time permits. Glad to see this jewel resurrected.

It is my opinion that the plastic wire spool and the plastic speaker grilles were just convenient wire holders for the lengths of parallel conductors in the form of zipcord. It could have been wood or anything non-metallic.

The larger TPU's 15 and 17 seem also to have used zipcord.

Not sure about the 6" and 3" units. Why zipcord?.... go back and read what I posted on this earlier in reply #65.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
Reply #65:

EM

Consider this: Parallel currents flowing in opposite directions cause a repulsion effect between the wires.

Therefore it is possible to produce vibration with a pulsating DC drive (non-alternating)

SM hinted at this with the "battery jumper cables" remark.

Note that even when driven with AC current the wires will always be repulsed in the same direction (2 repulsions per cycle). The wires are always repulsed even when the AC changes polarity.

This is an interesting mechanical rectification of motion from an AC source, but will work equally well with pulsating DC.

This should be a huge clue, and not require a saturating ferrite material.

The question then remains: how was the mechanical vibration able to interact with the environment to produce a net gain in DC production?

I'm guessing that the repulsive force is somehow circumvented or even reversed to become additive.

tExB=qr
On second thought, the HV spike at "make" would increase the strength of the magnetic field for an instant, just as Nipher found when he connected either lead of an influence machine to a magnet. 

The magnet, though stationary is inductive during this time since the magnetic field is changing.  So, with only an electric pulse of very little energy, you can magnify a magnetic field for an instant.  The simplest way to explore this might be to wrap a coil around the magnet and try to collect by induction.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
I ran across this in 'The body electric' really struck me as relevant:
The picture on page 113:

Also that lighting an incandescent bulb only shows the excitative state and not current. Connection at this stage is too early to power a load but can be used as part of the feedback.

This also Magnacoaster and Kunel:
On second thought, the HV spike at "make" would increase the strength of the magnetic field for an instant, just as Nipher found when he connected either lead of an influence machine to a magnet. 

The magnet, though stationary is inductive during this time since the magnetic field is changing.  So, with only an electric pulse of very little energy, you can magnify a magnetic field for an instant.  The simplest way to explore this might be to wrap a coil around the magnet and try to collect by induction.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-27, 21:32:08 by giantkiller »

@ION

Do you have a photo of the underside of the grill. We cannot ascertain if the middle portions have the four openings, two of which were used to place his magnets. That would close the question on this for good, phewww.

The thickness of the OTPU is less then the thickness of the grill levels but this could be explained simply that the ones SM would have used were taken before the parts were chrome plated, thus adding more thickness to the disks.

wattsup

I do not have a picture of the ring with four square holes, but it is easy to see that as the diameter of the ring increased, it would be necessary to add four plastic spacers per layer instead of two as used on the smaller diameter speaker designs. This would prevent the rings from cocking and providing an unsightly cosmetic design.

As for the chrome, this was chromed plastic "C" channel that was glued to the rings as an after operation, again for cosmetic purposes. Durban explained this to me and you can see the channels peeling away in some of the photos.

Here is a photo showing the chrome trim peeling away on a smaller, perhaps 6" diameter ring:

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
and what about the zip cord...

Thank's for the picture Ion, I'm now 85% sure that's what those rings are.  It's so encouraging to see the Chrome trim peel away and reveal that slight lip on the ring.

This really reinforces for me the need to focus on the toroids and coil interaction.

EM

PS. Can somebody please get on an audio forum and ask if anybody has a Krystol System 2 speaker and if they can remove the top rings and take a picture of the inside shape.  That would be teriffic!
« Last Edit: 2011-04-28, 06:39:16 by EMdevices »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Here's an explanantion of how the speaker system works

Oct 1994 Popular mechanics
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=A-QDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=Krystol+speaker+System&source=bl&ots=wVaF_KugE4&sig=E150DW-k7_HuMUEqSaBYhikvzvQ&hl=en&ei=6QW5TZ_-D8-JhQfH8pD_Dg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CGAQ6AEwBw

Marketing Manager 'Michael Robbins', Glass is a great reflector for high frequencies...

Buy me some coffee
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SPHERIC+AUDIO+LABS+ANNOUNCES+MARKETING+TEAM+TO+DISTRIBUTE...-a015500134

SANTA ANA, Calif., June 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Spheric Audio Laboratories Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of International PCBX Systems Inc. (OTC: IPCBF; Vancouver), announced today that it has assembled a team of representatives to market Spheric's three speaker lines:  the Krystol, the "K" and the Mark Series.  Spheric's speakers, the recipient of special industry awards, are finished with a futuristic look which incorporates special technology that provides high quality sound with reduced listener fatigue.
    "We looked for, and found, a team of representatives known for their successes and progressive approach to consumer electronics marketing," said Gary Tsukuno, Spheric's marketing and sales director.  "We selected established companies with track records that match the Spheric philosophy, companies that understand the distinct advantages of Spheric loudspeakers -- a great look and superior sound."
    In a related development, Spheric Audio Laboratories Inc.'s "K" Series and Krystol System Loudspeakers were each selected as recipients of the Design and Engineering Awards by the International Summer Consumer Electronics Show Innovations '94.  Winners were selected on value to users, aesthetics and the product's innovative qualities.  The Spheric loudspeakers selected for Innovations '94 can be seen at the CES show in Chicago from June 23-25.  Spheric Audio Loudspeakers are now available nationwide at mid-sized audio stores.  The loudspeakers, ranging in price from $99.95 to $849.95, come in a variety of finishes designed to complement a room rather than hide in a corner like the standard rectangular box styles.
    Spheric Audio Labs Inc. operates a separate research and development company which recently developed SphericSound(TM), a proprietary technology for producing extraordinary three-dimensional sound effects. Spheric Sound requires only a left and right channel to produce full three-dimensional effects that are more vivid and realistic than existing Surround Sound Systems.
    -0-                     6/24/94
    /CONTACT:  Thomas P. Madden, investor relations, of International PCBX, 206-946-5161/
    (IPCBF)

Buy me some coffee

Buy me some coffee
William Winnick worked for Spheric labs as the purchasing manager

looks like he maybe contactable
http://visible.me/william_winnick_2873363

Buy me some coffee
I have also found Gary Tsukuno who was Spheric's marketing and sales director. He's the Santa Ana one
http://www.mylife.com/garytsukuno

tExB=qr
TPU's

Looks like they have 6 patents in total
http://www.patentgenius.com/assignee/SphericAudioLaboratoriesInc.html

Peterae:

The patent drawing is a good representation of how the plastic rings and spacers were used to provide a stacked grille system. Although it appears from the drawing that there are only two spacers per ring, there are actually four as would be necessary, especially at the bottom, in order to provide a rigid support.

tExB=qr
By increasing a magnetic field (flux compression) with an electric potential (see reference to Nipher in previous posts), a small amount of work is performed, but the reaction of the magnetic field change (Lenz's Law) is equal to the change of the total magnetic field. 

So, I input 1 and get 10 out.  Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Here's some blow up pictures of what Ion posted.

EM

Group: Guest

Lets not get too hung up on the coil form that SM used, as I said before it could have been anything non-metallic or not subject to eddy current loss.

We have been down this road before many times, it is irrelevant.

Here, in my opinion, is the relevant stuff from "Spheric".

As part of experiments, associated with what would become his 3D spacial control patents, he was using these delay elements with custom made bifilar wound voice coils (i.e. air coils) and unexpectedly detected an anomolous signal on his spectrum analyser.

Steven Mark created his own delay elements using iron wire after several years of intermittent experimentation. The technique was to carefully wrap a bifilar air-coil using copper wire. The longer the length of copper the better but using identical lengths. The two coils were connected to the SAME pulse waveforms in parallel so that the magnetic field is additive NOT cancelling. The delay element was added in series to only one of the coils that made up the bifilar coil. The delay coil was made from insulated iron wire wound into an air coil. An oscilloscope was connected to both COPPER coils. The setup would be pulsed with a dc offset square wave (i.e. 0 to 20V not -10 to 10V) at the resonant frequency of the bifilar coils. The tuning consisted of cutting the iron wire down in length until an unexpected pulse/signal appeared. This pulse is the kick. I will refer to these tuned bifilar coils as kick coils.

G, you asked about the zipcord. It is easy to make a bifilar coil with zipcord that will act like a uniform transmission line, with uniform capacitance between the wires. Note that there are two coils used.

tExB=qr
Peter has done some excellent work with delayed signals.  .99 simulated the resulting pulse in Spice, indicating the the compressed pulse that results is actually as expected.

What is the connection between the compressed pulse and an indication of "extra energy"?  Like I said above, you increased the strength of the magnetic field by applying an electric pulse. 

Any thoughts on "why" the presence of unmagneized ferromagnetic material negates the compressed pulse?

Buy me some coffee
Well G i may well have a clue

remember the pulse i had with this single turn coil being driven by 2 whitenoise generators, well there is a clue because it turned out the copper conductor that was from a piece of aerial coax and after the tests i mentioned to you that a magnet stuck to it, indicating it was not copper after all, well it turned out when i rebuilt the coil using copper wire i could not get the pulse.

So maybe the iron stops the expansion of the surrounding field pattern and instead the energy gets sucked up by the iron instead, well that's my uneducated guess.

tExB=qr
Yeah, Peter, I think the reason is something along those lines.  The permeability of space around the coil is increased, compressing the field lines, increasing the field density.

If you apply HV pulses to any solenoid coil, and hold a magnet near the coil, you will feel the increased magnetic field (it's like a strong pulse or throbbing).  You can see it on the scope with a coil around or near the magnet.  It si a much lower beat than the pulse rate.

tExB=qr
continuing with the compressed pulse produced in the bifilar "kick" coils:
From traditional electrical engineering view point the kick coils for a particular
quantity of energy now put out the expected magnetic field but also put out the
COMP field which has effects like a magnetic field. In a world that excludes the
ether, these coils are overunity. If the world took into account the ether, then the
coils would not be thought of as overunity.

The magnetic field is now larger than expected. All that needs to be done is to rotate
this field in a circle and intercept the field with an output coil. The captured energy is
greater than the input energy because of the energy apparently created by the COMP
field.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 05:35:06