PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 05:22:55
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
Author Topic: What is Known about the TPU  (Read 440282 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Currently the 2 models I am working on are:
The TPU as an arced or semicircular Tesla coil (the snake bites its tail). The gap between the starting point and the ending point is similar to the Kunel patent to be exercised accordingly. This motion mimics the self destructive resonant transformer but with the added safety of the gap that acts as a shock absorbtion or suppression device. The activity at this point can be read or siphoned.

The TTBrown model can be reproduce very easily by making a domed shape capacitor of 2 aluminum plates with a Tesla coil under this with the discharge going in to the center to the bottom plate. What is needed is HV and sharp pulsing with a shape reflective echo impacting back to the aether. The aether becomes noticable when the very high speed and potential are shot to a reflective scattering which creates more surface of impact instead of just a stream breaking through the space looking for a sink.

The spark gap for both of these experiments is the low inductance primary driven by the comp wave / dual pulse protocol that Spherics mentioned.
This mimics the spark gap normally on the primary. TTBrown used HV transformers.

---------------------------

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
We need to devise an experiment to prove permittivity changes, as you know i am setting up to do the valve rectifier experiment, if i can get the occurrence of hash by altering the phase, SM measured all kinds of things, maybe one of them was altering permittivity, so how do we detect altering permittivity in the presence of hash/em noise, maybe using a polyprop cap with the outer foil grounded or the cap placed in a screened can connected to a screened BNC lead to scope.

Would a varying permittivity penetrate a Faraday shield? I guess it should.

Buy me a drink
I found certain hashed based tests would penetrate the shield. Certain spikes get through.
There are 2 kinds of hash I saw. One was erratic noise (variable spikes) and the other was non erratic, high frequency, full scope waveforms.
Now since SM couldnt show oscope shots we can only surmise that the hash could be a technical explanation or a moniker for some thing he is not allowed to mention.
Look at what a spark gap on the primary puts out compared to the ringing on the secondary of a Tesla coil.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-20, 20:19:14 by giantkiller »

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
We need to devise an experiment to prove permittivity changes, as you know i am setting up to do the valve rectifier experiment, if i can get the occurrence of hash by altering the phase, SM measured all kinds of things, maybe one of them was altering permittivity, so how do we detect altering permittivity in the presence of hash/em noise, maybe using a polyprop cap with the outer foil grounded or the cap placed in a screened can connected to a screened BNC lead to scope.

Would a varying permittivity penetrate a Faraday shield? I guess it should.

An air cap in an oscillator circuit will change frequency if the properties of the dielectric change.

If the magnetic field was changed by the HV, didn't the permeability change?

Group: Guest
A quick and simple test 4 the 5ar4 or 5v4

light up the filament. I used dc but ac is the same
measure the resistance between each plate and each filament (cathode)wire .. in both polarities.
Perhaps somebody here could make some sense of the  reading.

A quick and simple test 4 the 5ar4 or 5v4

light up the filament. I used dc but ac is the same
measure the resistance between each plate and each filament (cathode)wire .. in both polarities.
Perhaps somebody here could make some sense of the  reading.

GB,

You do know the 5AR4 base diagram has never been exactly correct?

Pin 1 can be considered the center-tap of the dual filament and the actual direct connection to the cathode.
The 5U4 doesn't have a filament center-tap.

Other than that, the resistance measurements you suggest are voltage measurements. A potential should be read between cathode and plate when the only power applied is to the filament.

'5v4' is a typo?

GB,

i just took a moment to obtain actual numbers for you.

With rated voltage and current applied to pins 2&8 and positive on 8....

Pin 6 is negative wrt pin 8 and measures 1.70V between 6&8.

Pin 4 is negative wrt pin 8 and it measures 3.96V between 4&8. 3.96 was a cold filament. After measuring other points this value is 4.96V (filament drive is 5.02V @ 3.05A)

Any voltage or resistance between pin 2 & pin 4 is outside the range of the meter I used.

Is this what you are questioning?

This may seem like an anomaly to many but is confirmation of comments from SM and quite normal.

Edit>>

Yep, the 5R4 is almost exactly the same except the lower voltage is 2.4V

So, what is the deal?

Wave, Agreed
but
Just resistance ..fluke dmm,  nothing on the plate and completely isolated filament (battery if you like )

Don't change the scenario  to volts just yet ..but you will find a negative value in one position only . Enough to raise a few questions on what is happening in the bottle.

You ever tried to measure ohms across a live battery?

You'll get nothing but flaky readings on one plate and infinity on the other.

Have you tried loading that plate potential, yet?  ;)

I think it is only questionable if you don't know how tube rectifiers with directly heated cathodes work. That potential is the kick that starts conduction in the right direction during rectification.

We are only interested in the secondary emission from the tube .

I think of it  in terms  of  particle flow from the cathode to the plate ....you know  "the other way round" "for this example of my thoughts"

read the golden words again ..it is all there ..just not in context .

I would expect diversion posts on this

We are only interested in the secondary emission from the tube .

I think of it  in terms  of  particle flow from the cathode to the plate ....you know  "the other way round" "for this example of my thoughts"

read the golden words again ..it is all there ..just not in context .

I would expect diversion posts on this

No doubt. It has happened every time I mention a similar effect.

'The other way round'  O0 Maybe even to the point where the diode can be the heart of an NRO  ;)

Maybe I should look at it all from the perspective of a digital person. Plenty should stand out then to peak my interests  :D

Buy me some coffee
gridbias a couple of questions.
Can i use a ez80 valve for my rectifier tube and a lower HT tansformer maybe 270-0-270.

I'm in the UK and it's very expensive to find a 500-0-500 i can get 5U4 or 5AR4 but these are about £18 each, i can get these if you feel it's critical for the test, the reason i ask about the ez80 rectifier is because i can buy the Transformer already wired with base for ez80
valve for a cheap price.

A 500-0-500 transformer are expensive when they come up they can go between £50 and £100 and i have not seen many around, if anyone in the uk knows of a reasonable priced source then please let me know.

Maybe i can go for a lower volts transformer but using the correct valve 5U4 or 5AR4.

gridbias a couple of questions.
Can i use a ez80 valve for my rectifier tube and a lower HT tansformer maybe 270-0-270.

I'm in the UK and it's very expensive to find a 500-0-500 i can get 5U4 or 5AR4 but these are about £18 each, i can get these if you feel it's critical for the test, the reason i ask about the ez80 rectifier is because i can buy the Transformer already wired with base for ez80
valve for a cheap price.

A 500-0-500 transformer are expensive when they come up they can go between £50 and £100 and i have not seen many around, if anyone in the uk knows of a reasonable priced source then please let me know.

Maybe i can go for a lower volts transformer but using the correct valve 5U4 or 5AR4.

read up on "secondary emmision" its from 1-30 kv and you wont be using much current.

Buy me some coffee
OK i get the message, if I'm going to do it, do it right  O0

5U4G is on it's way.

I think we can prove the aether through logic. First, I would argue that vacuum is an insulator.  Yes, it's not even a dielectric.  So in theory, if you have a capacitor with vacuum as a separator, it wouldn't work.   Second, current cannot flow through a vacuum.  The reason being vacuum doesn't have free electron to conduct current.  So in theory, current can't flow through a vacuum tube.  I think vacuum is a dielectric and capable of break down to conduct current.  But then, it wouldn't be vacuum anymore by definition. lol  One thing I always wonder is how in the world does vacuum has permeability and all other stuff.  Vacuum means nothingness, how nothingness has properties. lol

We could call "aether" the quantum vacuum, which is not empty but full of virtual particles. Among them, there are creation of positron-electron pairs out of the vacuum. This could be the cause of the vacuum permittivity (which supports your argument of capacitor working with vacuum between plates) and of all properties allowing for the propagation of displacement currents and of electromagnetic waves.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
This thread is once again a writhing sea:

"Virtual particles"
"secondary emission"
"diversion posts"

use of tubes (to see what?)
I suggest someone with tubes use their turn-on spike as a pulse generator into SM's bifilar wires, one delayed as per spherics' instructions, with dc bias or the ol' speaker magnet, of course. Should be very loud every time you turn it on.

Like I tried to convey, the potential derived from thermionic emission is well known in tube-land and should be well known in solid-state-land but quick to be denied by those only trained in the digital world.

This is easily seen with any thermionic valve having only a filament for the cathode or the cathode sheath a physical part and connected to the filament. No special tubes are required.

The effect is even well pronounced in the well known 1AX2.

The 500-0-500 transformer was readily available in the TPU days. This is probably the only reason those specifications were mentioned.

Pulsing a cold filament on the 5U4GB with easily obtainable rise times yields nothing of interest. Biasing the filament so it is producing thermionic emission and then pulsing it yields very short bursts of cathode-anode decreases (reverse polarity swings) on the previously unproductive anode magnitudes stronger than the thermionic emission potential generated on the previously productive anode. So, this reverse anode-cathode pulse is not directly due to thermionic emission. Perhaps, the thermionic emission is the catalyst and this reverse pulse is the secondary emission.

The most interesting part, for me, is the fact that the anode indicating highest potential is the one physically associated with the heater wire connected to the negative polarity of the power supply and referenced from the positive terminal of the power supply, while there is no thermionic emission potential built-up on either when referencing from the negative terminal of the power supply.

Now, if you can make something useful from those actions, please share.

My best guess is the dual-rectifier/transformer/filament story was only a starting point to seeing something useful. I very seriously doubt the circuit activities are core to the operation of a TPU.

Right now, I believe the story is just an example of proving that things exist when everyone else denies there existence. Hopefully, there is more to it.

When I used the term 'nothing of interest' I'm talking about my interest. The speaker thumping at power-on is one example of this potential build-up without the standard thermionic emission. It happens before the heater becomes hot. Yet, current flows when the rectifier shouldn't be conducting - and it flows the opposite direction of normal operation. Of course, this action is denied to exist because today's engineers would not know a hot 5U4-GB even if it was shoved up their back-side.

Buy me some coffee
The way i read it, is that when i alter the phase of the filament we should be seeing hash, and once in a while we should see a big kick when the hash occasionally combines, not sure about you guys but just for clarification at what we are looking for this experiment should be interesting because if i see hash, and also see it combine to produce a large kick then we will all be able to see what a kick looks like in real life and have confirmation that this really is the kick and we will then know for sure what we have been looking for, we can all then say wow i have had that using semiconductors  :) we should then in the future be able to know exactly when a kick occurs.

Why are transformers so dam expensive these days, i know copper wire has soared in price but Christ, i am tempted to buy a pile of lamination iron and a winder and start up selling on eBay making Valve transformers, kick the day job.

No one seems to make anything in the UK anymore.

I was told a story the other day, in the 50's there was a sawmill about 20 miles from where i live, it was a century old business and run in a very traditional Victorian way, they would buy up estates strip the trees, sell the wood and then move onto the next estate, in the late 50's they started importing the timber because it was cheap, then the importers realized they could setup the saw mills and export the wood to the UK, this wiped most saw mills out as the imported wood was cheap, then once all the saw mills were wiped, they could put the prices up and start making furniture and export that to the UK which in turn wiped all the furniture manufacturers out, then the prices of quality furniture went up, we seem to be seeing this with everything now in the UK.

wind a transformer wow that's old school.

Didn't Mao Tse-Tung say something like - defeating capitalists from within without firing a shot?

I build my own Mag-Amps and have wound a few odd-ball transformers for home projects. Never use used wire!

According to my understanding the thermionic emission will occur regardless of how the material is heated - AC - DC - Solar or any means you choose provided the material has reached an emissive state - which usually coincides with exceeding the Draper Point.

The problem with nonelectrical emission is that it leaves the filament charged and theoretically would result in a condition where the charged filament would be devoid of any new carriers and current would cease to flow. But when supplied with new carriers via an electrical connection the filament can allow current flow across a vacuum for many years. Such is exactly the case in CRT type Televisions and monitors where the screen is the HV Anode and the filaments are called the Electron Guns (where generally there are three - one each for Red, Green and Blue in color sets and only one in single trace sets like our analog oscilloscopes or black and white TVs and monitors).

Grids exist in the vacuum path near the Guns to affect the flow rate. By altering the voltage on the grid we alter the intensity of the electron beam that passes through the grid and on to the Anode. The more intense the beam, the brighter the dot produced by the phosphor coating on the screen.

Is it possible to encourage electrons to emerge from a vacuum to keep the filament full of new carriers? I think it is. But my hypothesis would need to be proven and following is a description of the apparatus setup to accomplish that goal. It is based on the theory that metals only have a finite quantity of free electrons and once they are siphoned off no new carriers can be produced within the material.

Construct a small generator with a magnetic coupling on the shaft to drive the generator. The generator must supply enough energy to power the filament under test. Encase the generator in an ampule with a vacuum so no external charges can interfere with its operation directly (hence the magnetic coupling). Attach the generator to the filament (Gun) of a CRT and seal the connections so no external charges may be introduced to the connections. Apply the necessary HV to the anode of the CRT.

Now drive the generator with an external mover that is coupled magnetically. The system is a closed system electronically. The generator cannot provide any more electrons than are available in the metal materials. Therefore, as the electrons are siphoned off to the anode one of two conditions will emerge in the test. Either the thermionic filament will become positively charged and no new electrons will be found so that current stops flowing, or nature will balance the deficit by extracting new electrons from the vacuum via the magnetic field within the generator and the CRT will continue to function.

The Kick:
When an electrical current flows - regardless of the medium, vacuum or otherwise - a magnetic field exists around that current. Each carrier has it's own field, but if there is a sufficient line of carriers in close proximity, the fields will merge into a single field. Such is the case within tubes. Just as a straight wire has inductance so the path of the vacuum also will exhibit some value of inductance. When a sizable current is flowing in the vacuum and it is abruptly stopped, the collapsing magnetic field will 'Kick' to keep it going and not necessarily at the same consistent flow rate. Instead it could come crashing in as a major surge of current at the end of the cycle - depending of course on the amount of electrons available and the energy density of the field.

If charges can be extracted from the vacuum by deep, sharp magnetic spikes, then perhaps the 'Kick' is doing just that - maybe.

8)

Buy me a drink
If charges can be extracted from the vacuum by deep, sharp magnetic spikes, then perhaps the 'Kick' is doing just that - maybe.

I agree.

The problem with nonelectrical emission is that it leaves the filament charged and theoretically would result in a condition where the charged filament would be devoid of any new carriers and current would cease to flow.
In theory, perhaps.

In reality, you can build a gas (open flame for the tube heater) powered triode - not apply anode-cathode current and you should still register a cathode-anode potential.

Buy me some coffee

Buy me a drink

I'm looking over the patent again.

I am very surprised. This is the first civilian documented evidence I've seen that someone understands induction using a single layer planar coil.  O0

Ah! They have done their homework on the acoustic principles related to conduction....  combining acoustic principles with electrical activity to produce electricity using acoustic & EM principles.

I think the best are the facts they've learned that superposition can provide results magnitudes greater than the sum and using such methods allows the collection of energies of all frequencies generated.

They've included lanthenide in the core  :o

The more I read the more I'm impressed but I don't see any evidence they have free energy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 05:22:55